Page 132 of 772 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232632 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 11576

How I view it, her and Wakanda are on good terms.
    Xofswords
    Then Storm handling Space stuff in Wakanda.
    Than hellfire gala before Storm goes off to handle more space stuff. Makes sense to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thing is...Editorial/Writer's ideas and the fans' ideas about what constitutes "huge, spectacular, important direction for the character(s...not just Storm alone) rarely ever mesh on the same page and unanimously agreed upon. There are fans who will always be disappointed, regardless, because, Fans want the character(s) to be written one way...Writers do what they are being paid to do to the best of their abilities and creative intentions...

I just go in with an open mind and very little expectations either way. If the intent is interesting (as with Marauders), I'm there to see it through. If not...I either ignore/disregard it completely (as with X-Factor) or I still see it through but waste no time and energy on weeping wailing and gnashing my teeth over it.

So far...Storm in Space sounds amazing and exciting and life changing for the character. Is there a huge chance it might not be executed flawlessly? Absolutely...but I'm there.
    What excites me about the space venture is the fact that we are going to finally understand the true nature of her power. Cosmic weather is a very VAST portfolio it ranges solar wind to nebulas to black holes practically any disturbance to ambient energy and matter in space is cosmic weather. The potential is just too great for an average weather controlling mutant. But storm us an omega so she is practically unlimited. I have been wondering if her power can stretch to concepts and fantasy maybe temporal storms or cross dimensional hurricanes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    What excites me about the space venture is the fact that we are going to finally understand the true nature of her power. Cosmic weather is a very VAST portfolio it ranges solar wind to nebulas to black holes practically any disturbance to ambient energy and matter in space is cosmic weather. The potential is just too great for an average weather controlling mutant. But storm us an omega so she is practically unlimited. I have been wondering if her power can stretch to concepts and fantasy maybe temporal storms or cross dimensional hurricanes.
    Wait... Who taught you that? No, it's not. What Is Space Weather? | Studying Space Weather.
    Last edited by Micabe; 03-11-2021 at 11:15 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

We've ALWAYS understood the true nature of her power. The only difference now really, is that it could be explored on a larger, cosmic scale further and on a more frequent basis, as we've seen her do large-scale one-off cosmic feats before.
    And while I hope the writers would go deeper into the scientific and practical "how's and why's" of what she's doing, when she's doing it... I'm not holding my breath.
    I really do want to see her (and Bobby, Jean and Erik) Omega-Level-ness pushed, though. I imagine it wouldn't be too wise to "Go Omega!" on Earth as the natural systems all connected can be fragile but out in space and on Mars...the galaxy is the limit.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-11-2021 at 11:13 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    IDK see the point in arguing about Storm and T’Challa. They’ve been broken up by the X-Office, after seeing the sales for Coates’ run Marvel has a good chance of not wanting to continue much of what he built, and T’Challa is out the MCU so there’s no purpose terms of marketing for editorial. The next BP run will either have him single or introduce some new love interest while Storm likely remains single in the X-line while being part of this much hyped arc planned by Hickman himself. Both seem set up for great things (though Storm’s future looks brighter overall).

COTA just seemed boring I guess. I only kinda care for the characters and I found the pacing and paneling disjointed. Admittedly I don’t care for the concept but taking out that bias I just wasn’t wowed the way I was with SWORD or Hellions. Maybe Storm playing a more prominent role will inject some life into the book but IDK how much that’ll help with the more structural issues this run seems to be having. I’m far more interested in the stuff she’ll be doing with the other omegas, terraforming a planet or something of that nature opens up a bunch of cool story opportunities.
    they didn't break up the relationship. the only thing that was broken from that encounter was the krakoan gate. like where did you get that from ?

and whats COTA??

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    My post was somewhat directed at the writers too lol.
    I'm excited for the four, ANYWHERE Jean and Storm are together is a gem issue for me.

I'm really just stoked and excited, the x-verse is growing so VAST.
    I'm thinking they should call the name the planet (I DO think it's a whole planet for mutants...), Okarra.
    That'd be poetic in a way.

I think you're onto something, the Five are the resurrection protocol, The Six are multiversal teleportation system...is the Four planetary terraforming?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    How I view it, her and Wakanda are on good terms.
    Xofswords
    Then Storm handling Space stuff in Wakanda.
    Than hellfire gala before Storm goes off to handle more space stuff. Makes sense to me.
    agreed 100%. I think since the sword was returned all is good though a bit rocky nothing they can't get over.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... Who taught you that? No, it's not. What Is Space Weather? | Studying Space Weather.
    Space weather is driven by the sun and stars essentially. So may I ask can storm control hydrogen atoms yes or no? Are stars not made of said hydrogen atoms, are nebulas not made of said hydrogen atoms which coalesce during nucleosynthesis to form helium and other elements heavier than hydrogen. Does a star dying and going nova not depend on its mass ala hydrogen and helium atoms available to it do black holes not spawn from said nova if the star was massive enough?

Listen, I can keep going and all I just mentioned was just a single ability to manipulate hydrogen atoms. If you really want to go down that route then I will gladly take you there. But this is fiction in the realm of science fiction we don't apply much real world science to it. You can look at real world parameters inorder to tailor the strength of a character but as we all know comic science is a whole thing on its own.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    We've ALWAYS understood the true nature of her power. The only difference now really, is that it could be explored on a larger, cosmic scale further and on a more frequent basis, as we've seen her do large-scale one-off cosmic feats before.
    And while I hope the writers would go deeper into the scientific and practical "how's and why's" of what she's doing, when she's doing it... I'm not holding my breath.
    I really do want to see her (and Bobby, Jean and Erik) Omega-Level-ness pushed, though. I imagine it wouldn't be too wise to "Go Omega!" on Earth as the natural systems all connected can be fragile but out in space and on Mars...the galaxy is the limit.
    Yh the Hadari yao power though. And what does it mean also her rouge gallery and what it will look like when that is being explored.

Space weather is driven by the sun and stars essentially. So may I ask can storm control hydrogen atoms yes or no? Are stars not made of said hydrogen atoms, are nebulas not made of said hydrogen atoms which coalesce during nucleosynthesis to form helium and other elements heavier than hydrogen. Does a star dying and going nova not depend on its mass ala hydrogen and helium atoms available to it do black holes not spawn from said nova if the star was massive enough?

Listen, I can keep going and all I just mentioned was just a single ability to manipulate hydrogen atoms. If you really want to go down that route then I will gladly take you there. But this is fiction in the realm of science fiction we don't apply much real world science to it. You can look at real world parameters inorder to tailor the strength of a character but as we all know comic science is a whole thing on its own.
    it's all within her purview. I posted a scan yesterday of her manipulating hydrogen atoms in space and her connection to millions of stars aka the galactic core. your point is a valid and solid one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they didn't break up the relationship. the only thing that was broken from that encounter was the krakoan gate. like where did you get that from ?

and whats COTA??

You can’t be serious butterflykyss lol. T’Challa burned down the gate and said she doesn’t have free movement between Krakoa and Wakanda anymore. The next month she was flirting with Wolverine. At best they’re on a break rn.. But as we saw in the KIB one shot T’Challa still has feelings for her and his people still cared enough to know her condition during an alien invasion. I think it’s fair to say neither feel any obligation to the other and their romance is basically dead until further notice. Maybe it gets touched on at the Hellfire Gala as I think he (and several other heroes) will make an appearance. But unless a comic outright confirms they’re still dating, then they broke up in Marauders 13. I don’t see them appearing as a couple anytime soon.

That how I’m gonna start treating that book lol.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yh the Hadari yao power though. And what does it mean also her rouge gallery and what it will look like when that is being explored.
    As the Hadari Yao is a Wakandan construct, told in a story almost two years old and has very little to do with her current place and role in the X-Men...I may be wrong, but I don't think the X-writers are too interested in referencing it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    You can’t be serious butterflykyss lol. T’Challa burned down the gate and said she doesn’t have free movement between Krakoa and Wakanda anymore. The next month she was flirting with Wolverine. At best they’re on a break rn.. But as we saw in the KIB one shot T’Challa still has feelings for her and his people still cared enough to know her condition during an alien invasion. I think it’s fair to say neither feel any obligation to the other and their romance is basically dead until further notice. Maybe it gets touched on at the Hellfire Gala as I think he (and several other heroes) will make an appearance. But unless a comic outright confirms they’re still dating, then they broke up in Marauders 13. I don’t see them appearing as a couple anytime soon.

That how I’m gonna start treating that book lol.

I dont want to provide any justification for how the xoffices chose to show storm during that event that was not anywhere near as good as I was hoping it would be but that said we must keep in context what happened. in marauders tchalla states the krakoans can only return there if they so choose through their grace and permission.

The Ororo stated the following:

then look at most recently post this awful event what tchalla said and thought during kib. as Thorne himself said, tchalla was very much so invested in ororo and thought about his beloved even as he had to focus to save wakanda:

the relationship isn't done not by a long shot and if it was redjack certainly would hsve wrote it as such as he hates the relationship but he didn't.

and lmfao at your last point lol.

Kyss is right. Their relationship is not over, it was confirmed so in KIB BP, as Kyss pointed out in the above issue and we even had the author of that issue coming here and explaining. The Editorial is not done with them and even though Redjack hates that relationship, I am pretty sure the Editorial stopped him from breaking them up as he wanted.

As far as COTA, it is short for Children of the Atom. Some people write it CotA, I write it both ways, COTA and CotA.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Kyss is right. Their relationship is not over, it was confirmed so in KIB BP, as Kyss pointed out in the above issue and we even had the author of that issue coming here and explaining. The Editorial is not done with them and even though Redjack hates that relationship, I am pretty sure the Editorial stopped him from breaking them up as he wanted.

As far as COTA, it is short for Children of the Atom. Some people write it CotA, I write it both ways, COTA and CotA.
    exactly. redjack would have made it clear that they were done as he has stated in countless ways how he doesn't think they work as a couple. he even expressed this as he stated to hudlin. nevertheless, as you mentioned I think editorial had a say in how he depicted storm in his story.

oh I was being facetious with the saying I don't know what cota is lol

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-11-2021 at 03:15 PM.