Page 133 of 772 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143183233633 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

now can somebody make this make sense? Ororo is supposed to be insecure when she speaks formally but I thought that was just her regular speech pattern,?

hmm no thanks vita. pass
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    now can somebody make this make sense? Ororo is supposed to be insecure when she speaks formally but I thought that was just her regular speech pattern,?

hmm no thanks vita. pass
    I kinda liked it, it wasn't that bad. I believe the fresh faces and stories are welcomed.

And that screenshot of Rogue playing with the cloud so gently to make it rain in a small portion, explains so much of how Storm powers work and how much control she needs to put when she summons stuff or changes the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I kinda liked it, it wasn't that bad. I believe the fresh faces and stories are welcomed.

And that screenshot of Rogue playing with the cloud so gently to make it rain in a small portion, explains so much of how Storm powers work and how much control she needs to put when she summons stuff or changes the weather.
    I feel like too many writers work to deconstruct about her what made her a fan favorite in the first place. ororo is a confident, majestic woman and even when she isn't confident she fakes it.

at least before we got to her solo and the w&tx era where it seemed some writers wanted to make her more "human" by being relatable.

I love that scene and why I loved Claremont . his ability to explain her powers in his first uncanny run was brilliant.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-11-2021 at 03:39 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I feel like too many writers work to deconstruct about her what made her a fan favorite in the first place. ororo is a confident, majestic woman and even when she isn't confident she fakes it. at least before we got to her solo and the w&tx era where it seemed some writers wanted to make her more "human" by being relatable.

I love that scene and why I loved cksremont . his ability to explain her powers in his first uncanny run was brilliant.
    If I have to be honest, when I read that part in CotA, I honestly felt like she was pretending, not really feeling insecure, more like she wanted to fool them and take the position instead of Logan, most likely the reason why Logan grunted. That, how I felt those panels of the CotA. She absolutely played them all for fools.

I feel like too many writers work to deconstruct about her what made her a fan favorite in the first place. ororo is a confident, majestic woman and even when she isn't confident she fakes it. at least before we got to her solo and the w&tx era where it seemed some writers wanted to make her more "human" by being relatable.

I love that scene and why I loved cksremont . his ability to explain her powers in his first uncanny run was brilliant.
    which is what speaking more formally does. Its an overcompensation to appear fine. Someone like Cyclops may not be able to sense it but Jean is empathic and can feel when Storm is like that. I still dont get what the problem is with this. The fact that someone is stating that Storm has the capacity to feel insecure or speak formally?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    which is what speaking more formally does. Its an overcompensation to appear fine. Someone like Cyclops may not be able to sense it but Jean is empathic and can feel when Storm is like that. I still dont get what the problem is with this. The fact that someone is stating that Storm has the capacity to feel insecure or speak formally?
    when rogue absorbed her powers in uncanny 185 she stated her voice changed to mirror storm's (deeper and formal) it had nothing to do with insecurity and has never had anything to do with that.

its a problem because it was a tool made to showcase being vulnerable or weak when it wasn't necessary. there are other ways that can be shown that would be sensible. as I mentioned her formal speak is just how she speaks and has nothing to do with her being insecure. didher insecurity cause Rogue speech to become more formal???

If I have to be honest, when I read that part in CotA, I honestly felt like she was pretending, not really feeling insecure, more like she wanted to fool them and take the position instead of Logan, most likely the reason why Logan grunted. That, how I felt those panels of the CotA. She absolutely played them all for fools.
    yes I like this explanation because jean was certainly a fool if she thought ororo speaking formally was due to her being insecure. basic girls be projecting their insecurity onto the All-Goddess and that ain't cute!!!

when rogue absorbed her powers in uncanny 185 she stated her voice changed to mirror storm's (deeper and formal) it had nothing to do with insecurity and has never had anything to do with that.

its a problem because it was a tool made to showcase being vulnerable or weak when it wasn't necessary. there are other ways that can be shown that would be sensible. as I mentioned her formal speak is just how she speaks and has nothing to do with her being insecure. didher insecurity cause Rogue speech to become more formal???
    You're assumption though is that feeling insecure is a weakness, when it doesnt mean to be and I dont think this scene made Storm come across weak. I saw it as her telepathic friend being able to read her and compliment her

And Jean doesnt say that Storm speaks formal bc she is insecure. She says she speaks much more formal when she is. If Storm is normally at an 9 with it, she takes it up to a 11 when she is insecure

I loved the scene personally. I have yet to meet someone who his secure all the time especially when they are around friends and that to me is what vita was going for imo and it landed very well for me. I think people get so caught up in characters always looking strong or being strong even around there friends that they miss the small human beats that exist when among them like moments of insecurity.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I think you're onto something, the Five are the resurrection protocol, The Six are multiversal teleportation system...is the Four planetary terraforming?
    The 'Planet Bringers' sounds charming

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You're assumption though is that feeling insecure is a weakness, when it doesnt mean to be and I dont think this scene made Storm come across weak. I saw it as her telepathic friend being able to read her and compliment her

And Jean doesnt say that Storm speaks formal bc she is insecure. She says she speaks much more formal when she is. If Storm is normally at an 9 with it, she takes it up to a 11 when she is insecure
    Being insecure is a vulnerable attribute. Its nothing wrong with being insecure as she showed this very early on in her career when she replaced Cyclops as team leader shortly after Jean's death and even expressed this insecurity verbally to him. Insecurity in and of itself isn't a weakness so as long as an individual doesn't allow it to cripple them, so let me clarify that. However, any and all insecurity she has was totally unrelated to her speech pattern.

Again, any formality in her speak canonically is based upon how she talks not even sure what that means to speak more formally. Add to that the stuttering to respond to Jean's charge was all a mess.

Being insecure is a vulnerable attribute. Its nothing wrong with being insecure as she showed this very early on in her career when she replaced Cyclops as team leader shortly after Jean's death and even expressed this insecurity verbally to him. Insecurity in and of itself isn't a weakness so as long as an individual doesn't allow it to cripple them, so let me clarify that. However, any and all insecurity she has was totally unrelated to her speech pattern.

Again, any formality in her speak canonically is based upon how she talks not even sure what that means to speak more formally. Add to that the stuttering to respond to Jean's charge was all a mess.
    I am more curious about what they saw or heard in this case, after the "GOOD LORD" speech.

And just for the record, I do believe that people can be formal on multiple occasions not just with insecurity. For example, take me, I can be serious, lighthearted, teaser or joker, in multiple occasions and for multiple reasons. But I do get serious when it comes to serious talk with someone, work or something among those lines.

I am more curious about what they saw or heard in this case, after the "GOOD LORD" speech.

And just for the record, I do believe that people can be formal on multiple occasions not just with insecurity. For example, take me, I can be serious, lighthearted, teaser or joker, in multiple occasions and for multiple reasons. But I do get serious when it comes to serious talk with someone, work or something among those lines.
    cosair was being attacked by the sidri. they had followed him to earth.

yea i know there are many shades when it comes to how people express aspects of their personality but that was just odd and don't even get me started with Wolverine. he was ooc to me as well. all of it wasn't bad but there were definitely misses with their dialogue.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-11-2021 at 05:14 PM.

I think it was just an attempt to give her a cute quirk and highlight her friendship with Jean (which I loved). It’ll probably get ignored ,especially cause she said “more” formal which means Vita is not retconning all her former speech as being insecure.

hmm no thanks vita. pass

Good lord I was beginning to think that I was the only one who had an issue with how Storm was written in COTA. To me, she came across as an insecure waif that had to be consoled by the adult in the room. This is not the Storm that I know.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I loved the scene personally. I have yet to meet someone who his secure all the time especially when they are around friends and that to me is what vita was going for imo and it landed very well for me. I think people get so caught up in characters always looking strong or being strong even around there friends that they miss the small human beats that exist when among them like moments of insecurity.

Same here. I have no issue with it. Storm has shown vulnerabilities before. It's nothing new.