Page 149 of 772 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199249649 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Icon Janet Jackson discusses being approached initially by Singer to play Storm:

@2:40 mark

I don't know. I wouldn't like her as Storm, she seemed bored and tired during the entire interview. Not hyped at all...

I'm not sure any actress could have made that paper-thin role work. Now that the MCU is getting more sophisticated in their character work, I look forward to seeing Feige's Storm. And I hope he's open to an African fresh face, because there's really not a 'known name' on the usual radar that is a homerun for Ororo.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

also ororoswind/munadraws made another version of the dress which I thought was fabulous

Wish this was the actual design. Now it looks perfect with the bikini gone. Exotic and regal. Perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm not sure any actress could have made that paper-thin role work. Now that the MCU is getting more sophisticated in their character work, I look forward to seeing Feige's Storm. And I hope he's open to an African fresh face, because there's really not a 'known name' on the usual radar that is a homerun for Ororo.
    I am not sure. I can see plenty of promising actresses in the list below that could take on Storm's role, putting aside the number one, since she is already playing in Marvel's Universe.

20 Most Influential African Actresses.

From that list, I could definitely see Storm behind number 16 (Pearl Thusi), 14 (Danai Gurira), 9 (Mercy Johnson), definitely 6 (Yvonne Nelson) and number 18 (Yvonne Okoro).

Ella Thomas is quite stunningly beautiful, as well and has the eyes and the figure for the role:

And her body build is even more perfect for the role:

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Wish this was the actual design. Now it looks perfect with the bikini gone. Exotic and regal. Perfection.
    Yep that variant seems cool, but I don't think it will be good for the long run, I can see getting bored by it pretty easily after a few months.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-20-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I am not sure. I can see plenty of promising actresses in the list below that could take on Storm's role, putting aside the number one, since she is already playing in Marvel's Universe.

20 Most Influential African Actresses.

From that list, I could definitely see Storm behind number 16 (Pearl Thusi), 14 (Danai Gurira), 9 (Mercy Johnson), definitely 6 (Yvonne Nelson) and number 18 (Yvonne Okoro).

Ella Thomas is quite stunningly beautiful, as well and has the eyes and the figure for the role:

I don't think any of these people you mentioned are even close to correct. I wouldn't cast older than 25 to start with. I want to see college aged X-Men grow up over the course of 10-15 years of films and D+ series. And I'm looking for a tall, Nilotic goddess, with melanin and cheekbones for days. Ella is gorgeous, but we can do better, in terms of age and acting abilities, not to mention that I am tired of biracial actresses being cast in this role.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-20-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The only prerequisite I would want is for the actress playing Storm to be dark skin...with a beauty-fully rich chocolate complexion. With the obvious exception of a few like Lupita and Danai, that list of African actresses is still a tad too fair-complected to suit my personal wishful thinking.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

This is my STORM

Also Dominique Jackson gives me Storm DOWN but she's a lil too old.

Yetide BADAKI is definitely high contender.

I love Yetide, but she's too old too. She can be Ayesha, Storm's Sorceress Supreme ancestor, though.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't think any of these people you mentioned are even close to correct. I wouldn't cast older than 25 to start with. I want to see college aged X-Men grow up over the course of 10-15 years of films and D+ series. And I'm looking for a tall, Nilotic goddess, with melanin and cheekbones for days. Ella is gorgeous, but we can do better, in terms of age and acting abilities, not to mention that I am tired of biracial actresses being cast in this role.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The only prerequisite I would want is for the actress playing Storm to be dark skin...with a beauty-fully rich chocolate complexion. With the obvious exception of a few like Lupita and Danai, that list of African actresses is still a tad too fair-complected to suit my personal wishful thinking.
    Guys, guys, guys. How many times we have to go over that, Storm is a biracial character no matter do you like it or not. It is official, it is in her story, in her stats and in her comics representation. She is not pure black, as most want her to be or desire her to be. Ella is not that bad, but I've picked her mainly for the eyes and for her body figure and height which is nearly identical to what we have with Storm.

Furthermore, all of the actresses which I mentioned were all pure black females from African density, specifically Kenyan which Storm actually is. And they are all American and Kenyan, which Storm is as well. I don't get what do you expect? A pure black woman with only African roots? That not possible and we all know that, simply because the Actress needs to be native in English first and the second Storm is half American, which adds more to the casting choice. You desire something, which is simply not possible and I will kindly ask all of you to stop comparing Storm to yourself or to something which she isn't as per her lore, her history, her race and her nationality. Because, simply, that is not how Storm is and she will never be that...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    This is my STORM

Also Dominique Jackson gives me Storm DOWN but she's a lil too old.

Yetide BADAKI is definitely high contender.
    I really like Yetide Badaki as Storm as well, I believe she will nail the role, the only problem I can see with her is her age first and her height, second. And if I take into consideration Disney's desires to hire an actress who hasn't gone nude, she will probably not make the cut unless her audition is outstanding in one way or another. Plus Yetide voiced herself that she wants the role as well, which I think further removes her from the role since the casting agency avoids such people who made it publically known that they want to play a Marvel character when they haven't even approached them.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 03-20-2021 at 12:51 PM.

At 5ft 9 inches and 34 yo (can obviously play younger)...Jodie Turner-Smith would be my perfect choice.
    Attachment 107567
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 03-20-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Guys, guys, guys. How many times we have to go over that, Storm is a biracial character no matter do you like it or not. It is official, it is in her story, in her stats and in her comics representation. She is not pure black, as most want or desire. .... I will kindly ask all of you to stop comparing Storm to yourself or to something which she isn't as per her lore, her history, her race and her nationality. Because, simply, that is not how Storm is and she will never be that...
    Get your facts straight. Ororo is the daughter of Kenya tribal princess N'Dare from the heart of Africa(the Great Rift Valley region) and David Munroe, African-American Harlem photojournalist born to Black Panther Party members. She's 1000% black.

And for the record, I myself am biracial, but I know for certain she is not.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-20-2021 at 12:58 PM.

N'Dare was neither White nor bi-racial.
    David Munroe was neither White nor bi-racial.
    So how in the Goddess's name can Storm be bi-racial?
    Even if you go all the way back to her most known ancestor Ashake...she too was/is 100% Black.

BANNED

I want anna diop personally, she's perfect and she deserves her flowers.
    Claremont being a weirdo with the "every race" description when she had been drawn with full lips and a nose that clearly shower her as a black woman doesnt count!
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-20-2021 at 12:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    At 5ft 9 inches and 34 yo (can obviously play younger)...Jodie Turner-Smith would be my perfect choice.
    Attachment 107567
    oh she's perfect too

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Guys, guys, guys. How many times we have to go over that, Storm is a biracial character no matter do you like it or not. It is official, it is in her story, in her stats and in her comics representation. She is not pure black, as most want her to be or desire her to be. Ella is not that bad, but I've picked her mainly for the eyes and for her body figure and height which is nearly identical to what we have with Storm.

Furthermore, all of the actresses which I mentioned were all pure black females from African density, specifically Kenyan which Storm actually is. And they are all American and Kenyan, which Storm is as well. I don't get what do you expect? A pure black woman with only African roots? That not possible and we all know that, simply because the Actress needs to be native in English first and the second Storm is half American, which adds more to the casting choice. You desire something, which is simply not possible and I will kindly ask all of you to stop comparing Storm to yourself or to something which she isn't as per her lore, her history, her race and her nationality. Because, simply, that is not how Storm is and she will never be that...

I really like Yetide Badaki as Storm as well, I believe she will nail the role, the only problem I can see with her is her age first and her height, second. And if I take into consideration Disney's desires to hire an actress who hasn't gone nude, she will probably not make the cut unless her audition is outstanding in one way or another. Plus Yetide voiced herself that she wants the role as well, which I think further removes her from the role since the casting agency avoids such people who made it publically known that they want to play a Marvel character when they haven't even approached them.
    where did you get she was bi-racial from?

She has ALWAYS been characterized as black and her parents are black. So how does she become biracial?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!