Page 15 of 772 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    we got Hellions while X-force was still around and they got some similar aspects as being a hitman team with pretty much the only difference being that Hellions are forbidden from going against humans and being more dysfunctional. oh and their telepaths keep dying. SWORD seems to me more situated to dealing with defense against space invaders and negotiating with aliens, while Storm's team could be focused on exploration.
    When Hellions was announced, there were only 4 X-teams (Excalibur, Maruarders, X-Force, New Mutants). Those 5 still exist, plus we now have X-Factor, SWORD and soon Way of X, CoTA, X-men. 10 X-teams is alot. An 11th is way past the point of overkill

FYI, neither X-Force or Hellions are hitman squads. The two teams and the books that they appear in couldnt be any more different
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-10-2021 at 09:43 PM.

Astonishing Member Klaue's Mixtape's Avatar

If only she could really act. Because Damaris Lewis has the stunning look for Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I liked tas so that is not a bad thing lol.

that's what literally what introduced me to the X-Men. Never knew or heard about them beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post
    If only she could really act. Because Damaris Lewis has the stunning look for Storm.

I like her look. But I keep putting white hair on her and it just looks off hopefully someone with more talent them gets it right.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I doubt it. With S.W.O.R.D. being a thing, X-men imminent and Way of X just announced, I cant see another X-team debut
    I believe you are forgetting that reject xmen sidekick book that vita is writing. I believe storm is likely to lead that team.

**vomits**

she's stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    that's what literally what introduced me to the X-Men. Never knew or heard about them beforehand
    yes a lot of people were first introduced to the xmen that way.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I believe you are forgetting that reject xmen sidekick book that vita is writing. I believe storm is likely to lead that team.
    What mnakes you think that? The characters are modelled after 5 X-men and Storm isnt one of them. Those 5 X-men are likely to serve as mentor's as sort, not actual team members, similar to New X-men:Academy X

Do we know that Lewis cannot act?

Along the TITANS line of thought, when there was all the scuttle about Anna Diop's Titans season one look, all I could see was Storm's Neo-Hellfire outfit from X-MEN (Vol2) Annual #3

What mnakes you think that? The characters are modelled after 5 X-men and Storm isnt one of them. Those 5 X-men are likely to serve as mentor's as sort, not actual team members, similar to New X-men:Academy X
    Probably Storm's prominent placement on one of the covers in the center of all the role models and their "children"...
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-11-2021 at 09:48 AM.

For those who feel Storm has taken too much of a backseat in DoX, Duggan confirmed once again today that Storm’s appearances in Black Panther greatly limited what Hickman was allowed to do with her, and to expect big things staring at the beginning of this year. https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/11/x-...ble-marauders/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    For those who feel Storm has taken too much of a backseat in DoX, Duggan confirmed once again today that Storm’s appearances in Black Panther greatly limited what Hickman was allowed to do with her, and to expect big things staring at the beginning of this year. https://aiptcomics.com/2021/01/11/x-...ble-marauders/
    This was nice.

I don’t think “Greatly Limited” Hickman more like trying to work around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    gerry didn't say black panther greatly limited her use. he said that they were happy to share her during the start of hox and that stories now would make things trickier. there was nothing in his response that stated they were limited in anything.

Gerry: Yes. I could and probably should stop there, but I will continue: when Jonathan commenced, he had carte blanche on all but two mutants. In the case of Storm, Ta-Nehisi was just starting to write her on Black Panther. We were happy to share her during Dawn Of X, but we’re only now in January of ‘21 about to hit print on Storm stories that would have made coordination a bit trickier.

additionally, you are taking his statement out of context. Coates was writing storm in BP back in 2016/2017 which released paralleled to xmen gold. hox/dox around this time was still in development by Hickman and crew.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-11-2021 at 10:30 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

early on before news of this book dropped vita made twitter posts about storm. many thought vita was hinting at writing a storm solo book but then it was revealed that book was dropping.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-11-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Do we know that Lewis cannot act?

Along the TITANS line of thought, when there was all the scuttle about Anna Diop's Titans season one look, all I could see was Storm's Neo-Hellfire outfit from X-MEN (Vol2) Annual #3

Probably Storm's prominent placement on one of the covers in the center of all the role models and their "children"...
    Thanks I didnt see that.

early on before news of this book dropped vita made twitter posts about storm. many thought vita was hinting at writing a storm book but then it was revealed that book was dropping.
    Could that have been in reference to her Maraurders issue?

Thanks I didnt see that.

Could that have been in reference to her Maraurders issue?
    nope. that trash marauders issue wasn't relevant or even known at that time.

again, vita was dropping hints of some big storm news on its twitter and then news of the children of atom dropped that vita was writing. I hope that book never sees the light of day btw.

gerry didn't say black panther greatly limited her use. he said that they were happy to share her during the start of hox and that stories now would make things trickier. there was nothing in his response that stated they were limited in anything.

Gerry: Yes. I could and probably should stop there, but I will continue: when Jonathan commenced, he had carte blanche on all but two mutants. In the case of Storm, Ta-Nehisi was just starting to write her on Black Panther. We were happy to share her during Dawn Of X, but we’re only now in January of ‘21 about to hit print on Storm stories that would have made coordination a bit trickier.

additionally, you are taking his statement out of context. Coates was writing storm in BP back in 2016/2017 which released paralleled to xmen gold. hox/dox around this time was still in development by Hickman and crew.
    Storm role on Black Panther was that big that would make things harder for x-men writers? Seems like a very simple matter of exchange ideas and coordinating.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm glad they no longer have to share or co-ordinate with Coates and they can write Storm as they please going forward in 2021.
    With him off the BP book HiX-Man and Co. now have the "carte-blanche" they need for the character.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!