Page 150 of 772 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250650 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Anna Diop would be my second choice.
    She's 5-8 and 33...and like JTS can play younger.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I don't know. I wouldn't like her as Storm, she seemed bored and tired during the entire interview. Not hyped at all...
    I just enjoyed the fact that an icon like her was an actual storm fan. who would have known she collected storm trade cards as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm not sure any actress could have made that paper-thin role work. Now that the MCU is getting more sophisticated in their character work, I look forward to seeing Feige's Storm. And I hope he's open to an African fresh face, because there's really not a 'known name' on the usual radar that is a homerun for Ororo.

they need to get this right. if u see another white-washed version of storm I think I might lose it .
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-20-2021 at 01:20 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

If we get Anna or Jodie, it would be a vast improvement from Halle/Alexandra, but we can do even better. I think an unknown fresh face would be ideal though, because the audience is then free to see her only as Ororo, not ' what's her name from that crappy show/movie'. Hugh was essentially unknown to global audiences, and as such, was Logan. I want that brand new fresh start for Storm, especially since she's already been botched a couple of times.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

If we get Anna or Jodie, it would be a vast improvement from Halle/Alexandra, but we can do even better. I think an unknown fresh face would be ideal though, because the audience is then free to see her only as Ororo, not ' what's her name from that crappy show/movie'. Hugh was essentially unknown to global audiences, and as such, was Logan. I want that brand new fresh start for Storm, especially since she's already been botched a couple of times.
    along with this we need a captivating women of strength and presence. someone with the acting chops of Angela Bassett or Viola Davis would be amazing!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    along with this we need a captivating women of strength and presence. someone with the acting chops of Angela Bassett or Viola Davis would be amazing!
    That is the essential part; acting chops to go along with the stunning physicality. Neither Anna nor Jodie are homeruns in this regard. This is also why I advocate in favor of an unknown from Kenya/the region; it's like method acting to actually recruit a young woman from the heart of Africa and bring her to America[for the purpose of filming]. That young woman would channel her real life experience into the role onscreen. I'd love it if most of the X-Men were cast this way(go find a Canadian redneck for Logan, some Russian farmboy for Piotr, etc, etc). Also, they'll need 8-10 year contracts for the whole ensemble to do this right. Only fresh newbies are going to work well in this regard.

where did you get she was bi-racial from?

She has ALWAYS been characterized as black and her parents are black. So how does she become biracial?
    I am not going to argue with you guys, but from all her appearances, she rarely appears as an absolute pure black woman. I've seen her a mixture between light brown tone, to dark brown tone, depending on which office they work on her. For the X-Men office, she was always drawn as a mixture of American and African. And by ID she is of dual nationality. I don't say that I want some super-light brown skin actress. But from the way they draw her, she is a mixture of both, American and African. I might have gotten it wrong with the biracial, but 1/4 for sure. Isn't her father of American and African bloodline? I get that her mother is African but what about her father? Isn't he American?

I am just honestly tired when people start complaining about her appearance and they want her to be thick, or w/e, which has nothing to do with the character as she is.

That is the essential part; acting chops to go along with the stunning physicality. Neither Anna nor Jodie are homeruns in this regard. This is also why I advocate in favor of an unknown from Kenya/the region; it's like method acting to actually recruit a young woman from the heart of Africa and bring her to America[for the purpose of filming]. That young woman would channel her real life experience into the role onscreen. I'd love it if most of the X-Men were cast this way(go find a Canadian redneck for Logan, some Russian farmboy for Piotr, etc, etc). Also, they'll need 8-10 year contracts for the whole ensemble to do this right. Only fresh newbies are going to work well in this regard.
    yea I understand your perspective on why am unknown woman from that region would work best. my concern with Disney though is it appears for a lot of their movies they have been casting actors who are well-known. it would be nice if they followed your thoughts here but looking at hmyheir track record doesn't leave me encouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    At 5ft 9 inches and 34 yo (can obviously play younger)...Jodie Turner-Smith would be my perfect choice.
    Attachment 107567
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Anna Diop would be my second choice.
    She's 5-8 and 33...and like JTS can play younger.
    I like the first choice, Anna Diop on the other hand just doesn't scream Storm for me personally.

Hugh Jackman might have been relatively unknown stateside...but he's been acting for years before his Wolverine role came up.
    I just don't see Marvel hiring a complete unknown, without much experience. That would be a huge long-shot
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I am not going to argue with you guys, but from all her appearances, she rarely appears as an absolute pure black woman. I've seen her a mixture between light brown tone, to dark brown tone, depending on which office they work on her. For the X-Men office, she was always drawn as a mixture of American and African. And by ID she is of dual nationality. I don't say that I want some super-light brown skin actress. But from the way they draw her, she is a mixture of both, American and African. I might have gotten it wrong with the biracial, but 1/4 for sure. Isn't her father of American and African bloodline? I get that her mother is African but what about her father? Isn't he American?

I am just honestly tired when people start complaining about her appearance and they want her to be thick, or w/e, which has nothing to do with the character as she is.
    American is a Nationality. It's not a race.

It is not about arguing but being true to what has been canonically stated regarding the character. I recall you saying a time ago that storm fans deserve some of the criticism from other fanbases because they believe her do things outside of what she has been shown in comics yet your characterization of her doesn't align with 616. This is a direct form of behavior you believe Storm fans should be chastised for having. Nevertheless, how a colorist chooses to shade ororo has been inconsistent throughout the years that part is true but that is a reflection of the aspect of colorist that shifts towards what ideals of "color" appeals more to readers, which tends to be lighter hues. Its unfortunate but luckily fans have been calling marvel out on this and they have responded by showing ororo in more accurately in darker hues.

Nevettheless, storm parents are both black and regardless how she has been colored she is not a biracial character.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-20-2021 at 01:35 PM.

thank you for posting these i was going to do the same but you saved me the effort lol.

also that last image isn't from that retconned dickey story is it?

yea I understand your perspective on why am unknown woman from that region would work best. my concern with Disney though is it appears for a lot of their movies they have been casting actors who are well-known. it would be nice if they followed your thoughts here but looking at hmyheir track record doesn't leave me encouraged.
    RDJ was a calculated risk to get the train moving, but Evans and Hemsworth were basically randoms. Who was Tom Holland before Spider-Man? The Eternals cast is stacked with stars, but I think that was a conscious choice because the concept is so far out, and unknown to the masses, so they wanted some sugar to help the medicine go down, so to speak. People know X-Men. The MCU is in the tricky position of trying to make the masses forget about the Fox versions and fall in love with theirs. Best way to do that is to lean hard into the source material Fox didn't touch, and bring fresh faces to the screen. I expect Xavier or some of the older characters might be established actors, but the main team should be newbies so Disney can get them locked in for many years of projects(series and films) economically.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 03-20-2021 at 01:42 PM.

thank you for posting these i was going to do the same but you saved me the effort lol.

also that last image isn't from that retconned dickey story is it?

Of course . And no, that's from BP when she met her paternal grandparents.

Last edited by yogaflame; 03-20-2021 at 01:47 PM.