Page 151 of 772 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Scot Eaton drew a set of Beauty-full Black people during his BP tenure.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    RDJ was a calculated risk to get the train moving, but Evans and Hemsworth were basically randoms. Who was Tom Holland before Spider-Man? The Eternals cast is stacked with stars, but I think that was a conscious choice because the concept is so far out, and unknown to the masses, so they wanted some sugar to help the medicine go down, so to speak. People know X-Men. The MCU is in the tricky position of trying to make the masses forget about the Fox versions and fall in love with theirs. Best way to do that is to lean hard into the source material Fox didn't touch, and bring fresh faces to the screen.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly here. I do have major concerns they brought in the quicksilver actor from the foxmen in wandavision. im not sure what his role was as I haven't watched it but bringing in their actors doesn't assure me marvel is looking to wipe their viewers' mind clear of that train wreck of a franchise.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I'd go with Kiki Layne if she wasn't 30 already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I really wanted her to play storm too lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree with you wholeheartedly here. I do have major concerns they brought in the quicksilver actor from the foxmen in wandavision. im not sure what his role was as I haven't watched it but bringing in their actors doesn't assure me marvel is looking to wipe their viewers' mind clear of that train wreck of a franchise.
    Well, since you haven't seen it yet, I won't spoil it directly, but you needn't concern yourself with that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Kiki Layne would be an exquisite, near-perfect choice, too.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Kiki has the look, but not the skills. I've seen her in Old Gaurd and Coming 2 America, and especially in the latter where she plays an African princess, visually she's rrrrriiight there, but the acting just isn't there.

Ultimate Member

RDJ was a calculated risk to get the train moving, but Evans and Hemsworth were basically randoms. Who was Tom Holland before Spider-Man? The Eternals cast is stacked with stars, but I think that was a conscious choice because the concept is so far out, and unknown to the masses, so they wanted some sugar to help the medicine go down, so to speak. People know X-Men. The MCU is in the tricky position of trying to make the masses forget about the Fox versions and fall in love with theirs. Best way to do that is to lean hard into the source material Fox didn't touch, and bring fresh faces to the screen. I expect Xavier or some of the older characters might be established actors, but the main team should be newbies so Disney can get them locked in for many years of projects(series and films) economically.
    Tom Holland was an actor who is well known in England.

Chris Evans had done 2 Marvel movies for Fox and was in Scott Pilgrim.

Hemsworth was doing movies including Red Dawn.

Chris Pratt was known as the chubby guy from Parks & Recreation.

Folks knew who they were. They were not random folks. In some cases they were guys who gotten praise for their work despite a movie or show not being a hit.

Random would be Ray Fisher. Who got SCREWED over. Or EVERY Power Ranger except Kevin Duhaney, who had a 15 year career-the most of ANY ranger, hired.

Well, since you haven't seen it yet, I won't spoil it directly, but you needn't concern yourself with that.
    whew ok chile that is good to know!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Tom Holland was an actor who is well known in England.

Chris Evans had done 2 Marvel movies for Fox and was in Scott Pilgrim.

Hemsworth was doing movies including Red Dawn.

Chris Pratt was known as the chubby guy from Parks & Recreation.

Folks knew who they were. They were not random folks. In some cases they were guys who gotten praise for their work despite a movie or show not being a hit.
    Tom Holland comes from a British acting family, but was essentially unknown to the global audience. Red Dawn came after Thor. Evans had been in lots of Hollywood projects, but never as a successful lead/star before Cap. Pratt's GotG was also an unknown risk(like Eternals) so they stacked the whole cast with names. X-Men doesn't need help like that. At this point the MCU's brand can carry obscure projects/actors/directors. They are more bankable than any name in Hollywood. Feige's Ororo is going to rock the world.

Tom Holland comes from a British acting family, but was essentially unknown to the global audience. Red Dawn came after Thor. Evans had been in lots of Hollywood projects, but never as a successful lead/star before Cap. Pratt's GotG was also an unknown risk(like Eternals) so they stacked the whole cast with names. X-Men doesn't need help like that. At this point the MCU's brand can carry obscure projects/actors/directors. They are more bankable than any name in Hollywood. [b]Feige's Ororo is going to rock the world.]/b]
    I'm so ready for this to happen. I can't help but think that Ororo's "big plans" the xoffices have teases about somehow links to what the MCU has planned for her. I don't see this sudden interest in her being a coincidence.

An actor can improve their skill and talent for a role.

Growth is certainly possible, but people also have limitations. Angela Bassett's been magnetic from day one. You don't just become a great actress from nowhere. Certainly directors can coax out performances, use their actors in ways that emphasize their strengths and deemphasize their weaknesses(see James Wan's Aquaman turning Jason/Amber from lead to gold), but for the most part you either got 'it' or you don't. Ororo's actress has to have 'it' in spades, from jump, or else it'll be a train wreck... again.

Growth is certainly possible, but people also have limitations. Angela Bassett's been magnetic from day one. You don't just become a great actress from nowhere. Certainly directors can coax out performances, use their actors in ways that emphasize their strengths and deemphasize their weaknesses(see James Wan's Aquaman turning Jason/Amber from lead to gold), but for the most part you either got 'it' or you don't. Ororo's actress has to have 'it' in spades, from jump, or else it'll be a train wreck... again.
    yes indeed to all of this.

Fantastic Member

I know I’m new here but just wanted to post this.

Storm has a feat drawing energy from the “GALACTIC CORE!” comprising of millions of suns and solar systems. I wish people would stop underestimating her in the marvel community just because her power is titled “Weather Manipulation”. When you really grasp how powerful that ability can be with an OMEGA level mutant you will start to see just how OP it can be.

Weather is defined as the state of an atmosphere at any given moment. Storm can manipulate the ambient natural energy of not only Earth’s atmosphere, but any atmosphere or medium she’s in. Including, but not limited to alternate realities and dimensions, and even energy from the vacuum of space. This would make me think “weather” in its scientific meaning is not the most accurate definition of her power. She doesn’t just manipulate the weather of gaseous atmospheres surrounding celestial bodies. She manipulates the ambient energies and forces of whatever environment she’s in. And at her full potential, that environment may cover across the whole universe, similar to what she did with the Galactic Core feat.

Might I also add, in the Black Vortex storyline, Storm was shown herself at full potential in the mirror. She chose not to accept but this is what she looked like,

Attachment 107582

Does that not look like she is channeling the energy from millions of stars? I believe her full potential (in the earth 616 reality) is the ability to control solar energy on a cosmic scale which is the source of all weather in the physical universe.

On TOP of all of that. She’s literally a GODDESS and has magic potential she has yet to tap in to. Yeah she’s definitely a cosmic tier character.
    Last edited by Idiopop; 03-20-2021 at 08:19 PM.