Page 158 of 772 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    guys I know that everything that is happening is great for Storm but let's be realistic Storm isn't more powerful than Strange or Thor mainly the current Thor.
    and this is why statements like "we all knew long before that she is indeed one of the most powerful beings on the planet" cant be assumed as even when the writers make such a claim there will be some who will still debunk it because its storm. Had this been said about Sue, Thor, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Jean, etc. people would accept it but because its storm we have to be realistic? We have to keep in mind as readers we have yet to see storm's full potential utilized (it was hinted at in roguestorm, galatic core,, black vortex) but Knull possessing her could have given him insight to that full potential that is bubbling beneath the surface.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-24-2021 at 03:19 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and this is why statements like "we all knew long before that she is indeed one of the most powerful beings on the planet" cant be assumed as even when the writers make such a claim there will be some who will still debunk it because its storm. We have to keep in mind as readers we have yet to see storm's full potential utilized (it was hinted at in roguestorm, galatic core,, black vortex) but Knull possessing her could have given him insight to that full potential that is bubbling beneath the surface.

Exactly, that’s why I can’t wait until Storm’s next solo series. It’s seems the writers are finally willing to show off her power in creative ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Exactly, that’s why I can’t wait until Storm’s next solo series. It’s seems the writers are finally willing to show off her power in creative ways.
    Me too. I don't think it is a coincidence we saw Coates finally making canon she is a goddess, with several writers referring to her as such including Hickman. I am hopeful a solo is in the works for our girl that will do exactly what you mentioned. A storm is definitely brewing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

guys I know that everything that is happening is great for Storm but let's be realistic Storm isn't more powerful than Strange or Thor mainly the current Thor.
    I agree, right now there is no proof of her being more powerful then current Thor but with that being said...this might be foreshadowing. Marvel has been pumping up her power levels over the last couple of years.

Marvel does have a history of making female characters into god-like beings, just to drive them crazy
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I agree, right now there is no proof of her being more powerful then current Thor but with being said...this might be foreshadowing. Marvel has been pumping up her power levels over the last couple of years.

Marvel does have a history of making female characters into god-like beings, just to drive them crazy
    she is already an omega-level mutant goddess. I'm not saying her powers as they hsve been shown now eclipses thor amped with galactus but again storm has a whole history of feats including harnessing the entire power of the Galatic core(millions of stars), hosting eternity essence in her being and Bast, and defeating Trion (a cosmic being) in their dimension. perhaps this is foreshadowing of what is to come but the GC feat alone i think puts her in a category way above most heroes and that was done way early in her career.

Fantastic Member

and this is why statements like "we all knew long before that she is indeed one of the most powerful beings on the planet" cant be assumed as even when the writers make such a claim there will be some who will still debunk it because its storm. Had this been said about Sue, Thor, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Jean, etc. people would accept it but because its storm we have to be realistic? We have to keep in mind as readers we have yet to see storm's full potential utilized (it was hinted at in roguestorm, galatic core,, black vortex) but Knull possessing her could have given him insight to that full potential that is bubbling beneath the surface.
    I just don't think we can ignore that people like Strange throughout their whole careers faced threats that I don't know if Storm could face unless she had an amp just as we don't want that many statements about Storm to be one of the most powerful beings in MU Be forgotten or ignored.
    And thinking about it, since Knull would have access to the memory of his symbiotes, would it be possible for him to know about Hadari Yao? so that's why he considered Storm to be his most powerful avatar.

I just don't think we can ignore that people like Strange throughout their whole careers faced threats that I don't know if Storm could face unless she had an amp just as we don't want that many statements about Storm to be one of the most powerful beings in MU Be forgotten or ignored.
    And thinking about it, since Knull would have access to the memory of his symbiotes, would it be possible for him to know about Hadari Yao? so that's why he considered Storm to be his most powerful avatar.
    Let's have this discussion because I certainly wouldn't want to lowball another character to prop my face. What are some examples of threats he have faced that you would be unsure storm couldn't face? There is an example in Extraordinary Xmen (i believe) where Magik couldn't open a portal back to limbo because the power she had borrowed from mages was too much for her, yet Storm was able to channel that same power and then open the portal.

Yes not only would have access to the memories but also to their power, which would include her hadari yao powers.

she is already an omega-level mutant goddess. I'm not saying her powers as they hsve been shown now eclipses thor amped with galactus but again storm has a whole history of feats including harnessing the entire power of the Galatic core(millions of stars), hosting eternity essence in her being and Bast, and defeating Trion (a cosmic being) in their dimension. perhaps this is foreshadowing of what is to come but the GC feat alone i think puts her in a category way above most heroes and that was done way early in her career.
    Right. These power upgrades have been going on since her creation, so I wouldn't be shocked to see her go Dark Phoenix or HOM Wanda pretty soon. While I'm against the "Women can't control great power" Troup...I will read the hell out of the story if it happens.

Fantastic Member

Let's have this discussion because I certainly wouldn't want to lowball another character to prop my face. What are some examples of threats he have faced that you would be unsure storm couldn't face? There is an example in Extraordinary Xmen (i believe) where Magik couldn't open a portal back to limbo because the power she had borrowed from mages was too much for her, yet Storm was able to channel that same power and then open the portal.

Yes not only would have access to the memories but also to their power, which would include her hadari yao powers.

Is it understood how her Hadari Yao powers actually work yet? Is it only situational (people praying to her at a particular moment) or does people having faith in her allow her to channel that power continuously?

Is it understood how her Hadari Yao powers actually work yet? Is it only situational (people praying to her at a particular moment) or does people having faith in her allow her to channel that power continuously?
    I think it's a combination of both.

Fantastic Member

he has fought with Skyfather level characters or above, such as: Dormmammu, Umar, Nightmare, Shuma-Gorath, Galactus, Nekron and etc ...
    these guys are a bit too much for Storm unless she’s using his divine powers.
    I consider him most powerfull than Thor

Ororo explained that when people believed in her she would become stronger prior to realizing she had divine power. Though it has not fully been explained it appears that so long as she has people who believe she can tap into it. Of the two times she used her god powers where it was stated one she had prayers and the other it happened involuntarily when she was under the influence of mountain spores.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Right. These power upgrades have been going on since her creation, so I wouldn't be shocked to see her go Dark Phoenix or HOM Wanda pretty soon. While I'm against the "Women can't control great power" Troup...I will read the hell out of the story if it happens.
    yea I would prefer to not see that trope either as we know ororo told cyclops early on that she was in complete control of her powers when she destroyed that sentinel above nyc.

he has fought with Skyfather level characters or above, such as: Dormmammu, Umar, Nightmare, Shuma-Gorath, Galactus, Nekron and etc ...
    these guys are a bit too much for Storm unless she’s using his divine powers.
    I consider him most powerfull than Thor
    well storm defeated death in BP to save tchalla but outside of that I don't know of any instances where she has fought skyfather level characters or above with the exception of adversary which she was stated to be a bigger god them him. she would definitely have to be in hadari yao form to take on those threats.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And let's be clear here...it's not like Thor and Strange defeated those beings with just a snap of their fingers and were home in time for afternoon tea and scones. More often than not both characters had to sacrifice a part of themselves to achieve their wins. Going up against Dormmamu and other Cosmic Entities usually comes with a high personal cost.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

well storm defeated death in BP to save tchalla but outside of that I don't know of any instances where she has fought skyfather level characters or above with the exception of adversary which she was stated to be a bigger god them him. she would definitely have to be in hadari yao form to take on those threats.
    She didnt defeat him? Shuri tricked Morlun to go where they were and death was more interested in him so he let them go. But it's been a few years since I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    She didnt defeat him? Shuri tricked Morlun to go where they were and death was more interested in him so he let them go. But it's been a few years since I read it.