Page 167 of 772 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267667 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Both ladies had pretty much been overwhelmed. Taking out fleets of ships they running on fumes hence the statement: chain lightning resources depleted. Storm using absorbing Monica's energy and redirecting it allowed them to take down the mother's hip which hosted Njadaka.

Tchalla, for all his talents couldn't process all the data taken from the galactic empire and process it in the manner in which prodigy was doing the entire issue. The ability of a great leader us knowing when to execute a task and then when to delegate based upon the strengths of your team.

Lastly, I don't think its fair to declare he turned Wakanda to colonizers, rapists and slavers. His stories since the start if his run until now have been far more complex than that showing the many layers that exist with humanity good, bad and all the gray in-between.
    so an omega level mutant goddess ran out of chain lightning. Well. And wouldn't it had been easier to just have everyone there pray to storm and wrap this up. I suspect that is what will happen. The fight will be 15 pages then a 10 page epilogue where tchalla gives another speech. At least that is what I'm expecting
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I love this pic with the way the light is shining off Ororo's bracelet. Ororo is so beautifully drawn here.

But shouldn't Storm's brooch be red not blue?

We just need Jean in there with her gal pals. After all, they are the 3 most powerful women.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 03-29-2021 at 04:17 AM.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    so an omega level mutant goddess ran out of chain lightning. Well. And wouldn't it had been easier to just have everyone there pray to storm and wrap this up. I suspect that is what will happen. The fight will be 15 pages then a 10 page epilogue where tchalla gives another speech. At least that is what I'm expecting

it no different from when shuri cautions her to take a breather before going into battle or when her thundercloud ran out during the xos crap story. omega level goddess doesn't automatically turn her into a machine with endless reserves.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-29-2021 at 10:50 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I love this pic with the way the light is shining off Ororo's bracelet. Ororo is so beautifully drawn here.

But shouldn't Storm's brooch be red not blue?

We just need Jean in there with her gal pals. After all, they are the 3 most powerful women.
    lolol omg you pay very much great detail. it most certainly should be red:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

lolol omg you pay very much great detail. it most certainly should be red:

Lol. Thanks. Yes, I know our gal in detail, lol!

I also love Storm headdress.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

BANNED

it no different from when shuri cautions her to take a breather before going into battle was or when her thundercloud ran out during the xos crap story. omega level goddess doesn't automatically turn her into a machine with endless reserves.

I think it's the same as magneto, the fact that even though he is omega but still flesh and blood puts a huge cap on the amount of power his body can contain at a time. Like when he generated enough magnetic energy to reach deep into space million of light years away and bring back the world bullet. He was getting a stroke. Not because his power hit its limits but because his body did. I saw somewhere that he generated more magnetic energy than a neutron star and those are the most powerful magnets in the universe. The same can be said for storm she is omega and a goddess but unless her divinity is activated she in her mutant state is flesh and blood. That is why her powers other limitation aside will power is the strength of her body. So I think the resource depleted was talking about how exhausted she was because like you said she is still flesh and blood for now. Even Bobby in his ice form has a time limit before he gets tired.

Both ladies had pretty much been overwhelmed. Taking out fleets of ships they running on fumes hence the statement: chain lightning resources depleted. Storm using absorbing Monica's energy and redirecting it allowed them to take down the mother's hip which hosted Njadaka.

Tchalla, for all his talents couldn't process all the data taken from the galactic empire and process it in the manner in which prodigy was doing the entire issue. The ability of a great leader us knowing when to execute a task and then when to delegate based upon the strengths of your team.

Lastly, I don't think its fair to declare he turned Wakanda to colonizers, rapists and slavers. His stories since the start if his run until now have been far more complex than that showing the many layers that exist with humanity good, bad and all the gray in-between.

Attachment 107889

Storm can target numerous bogies simultaneously around the world in one shot. She can make [controlled]global scaled effects for hours as an emotional outburst(the auroras when Logan died). T'Challa did better coordinating the defense against the Symbiotes in KIB, utilizing Wakanda's actual national resources(it's technology and people). Here he is shown completely dependent on foreign aid[from the predominately American superheroes].

And yes it is fair to say what Coates went out of his way to do. He made Wakandans colonizers and slavers in their own land, past and present. He went out of his way to make rape camps. And his entire second run is based on them becoming trans-galactic colonizers/slavers in the future. No one asked for this story. And there is no clever moral to be found in it. This is garbage. Thank the Goddess we will only have to suffer his pretentious toxicity for a single issue more. I hope Marvel has sense enough to never reference this run again(and considering they essentially did ignore this run [concurrently]in Avengers, it's safe to say they probably will). Go mess up Superman for a while Coates, you will not be missed.

Last edited by yogaflame; 03-29-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

omg!! I was literally just have a discsusion with a friend on fb who brought this to my attention. to know she not only absorbed Monica to manipulate her energy but then also used it to create a massive attack was pretty badass.

and btw a review of the issue:

I watch this guy all the time lol. His voice is so nerdy though "Ernie Blerd without fear" whatever tf that's supposed to mean

Lol. Thanks. Yes, I know our gal in detail, lol!

I also love Storm headdress.
    I love it too. it definitely has meaning as shown in giant size but I wish we had a story that explained where it comes from and exactly what its meaning is.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-29-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I think it's the same as magneto, the fact that even though he is omega but still flesh and blood puts a huge cap on the amount of power his body can contain at a time. Like when he generated enough magnetic energy to reach deep into space million of light years away and bring back the world bullet. He was getting a stroke. Not because his power hit its limits but because his body did. I saw somewhere that he generated more magnetic energy than a neutron star and those are the most powerful magnets in the universe. The same can be said for storm she is omega and a goddess but unless her divinity is activated she in her mutant state is flesh and blood. That is why her powers other limitation aside will power is the strength of her body. So I think the resource depleted was talking about how exhausted she was because like you said she is still flesh and blood for now. Even Bobby in his ice form has a time limit before he gets tired.
    Exactly. great points! People shouldn't forget even with all her power ororo is still flesh and blood susceptible to the vulnerabilities that come with humanity.

[IMG][/IMG]

Hey everyone, I drew Storm. Came out kind of scuffed, but still proud of it. Hope you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hey everyone, I drew Storm. Came out kind of scuffed, but still proud of it. Hope you like it.
    Hey Dipter.

You have talent! Such a nice Storm! I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Attachment 107889

Storm can target numerous bogies simultaneously around the world in one shot. She can make [controlled]global scaled effects for hours as an emotional outburst(the auroras when Logan died). T'Challa did better coordinating the defense against the Symbiotes in KIB, utilizing Wakanda's actual national resources(it's technology and people). Here he is shown completely dependent on foreign aid[from the predominately American superheroes].

And yes it is fair to say what Coates went out of his way to do. He made Wakandans colonizers and slavers in their own land, past and present. He went out of his way to make rape camps. And his entire second run is based on them becoming trans-galactic colonizers/slavers in the future. No one asked for this story. And there is no clever moral to be found in it. This is garbage. Thank the Goddess we will only have to suffer his pretentious toxicity for a single issue more. I hope Marvel has sense enough to never reference this run again(and considering they essentially did ignore this run [concurrently]in Avengers, it's safe to say they probably will). Go mess up Superman for a while Coates, you will not be missed.

Ororo would require an immense amount of concentration to target adversaries across the planet as shown in xmen world apart:

Also the bolts needed to destroy the sentinels would be infantisimle in size in comparison to a bolt needed to take out the galatic empire mother ship. that i dont think is a fair comparison.

as far as the colonizers part, that is essentially what all humanity has displayed as conquers of lands occupied by others. it can be seen throughout history across all types of civilizations who exhibit all different types of religions/faiths. As far as rape camps, why do people get so outraged by the ills that humanity can possess within any society? Are writers of asgard taken to task when they show their people pillaging and raiding? What about the negative aspects of humanity that looks to impose genocide on mutantkind or mutants who wish to do the same to Hamilton? Evil exists in all aspects of society not matter how great, they are not insulated from this.

The second season of BP did focus on the galatic empire and its conquests, including the tragedies that such conquests can bring. However, it is also a story of redemption. A telling of a man who has to face the consequences of his actions and work to repair what occurred over a period of many many years. Coates' writing is not everyone's cup of tea but as indicated by the review youtube page I shared there are many who do like what he has done for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    [IMG]

Dipter!!! Beloved! I never knew you were an artist. That piece is gorgeous and very appropriate considering we were just talking about the diadem. How long did it take you to draw this?

Hey Dipter.

You have talent! Such a nice Storm! I like it.
    Dipter!!! Beloved! I never knew you were an artist. That piece is gorgeous and very appropriate considering we were just talking about the diadem. How long did it take you to draw this?
    Thank you for the compliments, I'm glad you all enjoy it. I was working on this drawing on and off for about four days.