Page 169 of 772 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 11576

The ruby has two completely different origins.

1) she stole it in Cairo as a child, and it's Candra's[the External] 'heart'(like a horcrux).

2) it's a family heirloom from her mother N'Dare, whose family has protected it for millennia; it is part of the 'Madripoor set' that can open transdimensional portals

Incidentally M'Rinn also gave her a transdimensional portal opening crystal in one of the classic X-Men backup stories.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Exactly why I'm here, I wanted to know you guys thoughts on this issue, but more importantly exactly WHO do I need to contact to ensure Monet St. Croix and Cecilia Reyes has a cameo. And yes it is important, the X-men has a severe lack of black women and more importantly many of them outside of Storm are usually ignored. I also love the differences between women like Storm, Frenzy, Cecilia, and Monet their all incredibly valuable and I feel like when these women are used and celebrated especially in a comic like this one it only strengthens them as a collective. Plus, I'm just realizing a team of these four would be incredible.
    Coates has definitely drawn attention to the dire need to have more visibility to the black characters in marvel. The hype that this issue received i hope helps in marvel doing more to include more of these heroes beyond supporting roles.

Not gone lie, while I love seeing Monica and Storm interact, I do feel these women are never allowed to be consistently as powerful as their peers. I didn't read the previous issue so excuse my ignorance, but Storm and Spectrum should have been extreme heavy hitters with their level of powers. But rarely are they used like characters in the same power range.
    they are most definitely the heavy hitters. ororo absorbing all of spectrum and blasting her towards the mothership was definition of badass.

Lord, XOS could have been so much more, look at this make shift team, that event should have been a war which the X-men barely overcame instead it will mostly be remembered as wasted potential and I can't for the life of me understand whose idea was it to turn this event with such stakes into a travesty.

He's pretty great and I love the play on the black nerd
    yea I dont know why they went the route they did but the fashion show, drinking contest, and all the other fake outs were a huge let down.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Basics will like anything on youtube...

especially when it's aping a hugely successful MCU scene from two years ago.

oh girlie. nothing wrong with being basic especially if basic equates to celebrating black excellence within the comics im here for it:

guess who is number 1?

https://www.marvel.com/watch/digital...x-women-top-10

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

Hey everyone, I drew Storm. Came out kind of scuffed, but still proud of it. Hope you like it.
    This is amazing. This would be great on a T-Shirt.
    Keep up the great work!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    While I would have moved some people around, IA with the Top 2. I would have had Rogue round out the Top 3 but Kitty's spot is earned

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    While I would have moved some people around, IA with the Top 2. I would have had Rogue round out the Top 3 but Kitty's spot is earned
    what would you top 10 look like? I'm not sure why kitty is on the list personally or if she is she shouldn't be so high.

I would have been ok with rogue or psylocke in the top 3.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

what would you top 10 look like? I'm not sure why kitty is on the list personally or if she is she shouldn't be so high.

Agreed.

I would have went with
    Storm
    Jean
    Rouge
    Psylocke
    Emma
    Kitty
    Mystique
    Dazzler
    Polaris
    Magik or Jubilee
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Agreed.

I would have went with
    Storm
    Jean
    Rouge
    Psylocke
    Emma
    Kitty
    Mystique
    Dazzler
    Polaris
    Magik or Jubilee
    yes I like your top 4 much better. I seriously dont get the kitty wank. what about x-23? I guess you left her off for a reason lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Agreed.

I would have went with
    Storm
    Jean
    Rouge
    Psylocke
    Emma
    Kitty
    Mystique
    Dazzler
    Polaris
    Magik or Jubilee
    In turns of having a real fan base I say storm,Jean and Emma are the most popular and did anyone notice how they said storm powers made her “revered as a goddess” and not that she is one very upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    In turns of having a real fan base I say storm,Jean and Emma are the most popular and did anyone notice how they said storm powers made her “revered as a goddess” and not that she is one very upsetting.
    yea they don't want to give her the pearls she deserves but regardless of what the xoffices present it is canon she is an actual goddess and so as long as fans push for this, holding writers accountable we will win in the end. however seeing ororo at the top of that list was truly satisfying

1. Jean - the first X-woman and yes my favorite. She paved the way for everyone else
    2. Storm - the most influential leader and the most recognizable female X-woman
    3. Rogue - the fist female villian to hero arc and she proved to be one of the ost valuable membr for dcades since then
    4. Kitty - I dont like her but cant deny her role as a POV character whom we watched her grow up
    5. Psylocke - Im referring to Betsy. She hasnt had the best storylines but Ive enjoyed her personal journey especially in spite of everything thats been thrown at her
    6. Emma - arguably the most dynamic character here. She had a good redemption arc and has been a strong leading female figure in the line
    7. Magik - from dead in limbo to A-lister. I find her to be incredibly interesting
    8. Dani Moonstar - she's always been solid even when she isnt getting much focus. She has broad appeal outside of the X-line which isnt something the rest can all say
    9. Polaris - underrated. The 2nd X-woman thats often forgotten. I wish I could rank her higher but she just hasnt been used as much
    10. Monet - strong up and comer over the last few years. She has potential to be big with the right attention
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-29-2021 at 04:43 PM.

1. Jean
    2. Storm
    3. Rogue
    4. Kitty
    5. Psylocke
    6. Emma
    7. Magik
    8. Dani Moonstar
    9. Polaris
    10. Monet
    interesting list... but thank you!

yes I like your top 4 much better. I seriously dont get the kitty wank. what about x-23? I guess you left her off for a reason lol.
    I just forgot about her. AS much as I love Alison/Dazzler, she was actually the hardest to place.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

1. Jean - the first X-woman and yes my favorite. She paved the way for everyone else
    2. Storm - the most influential leader and the most recognizable female X-woman
    3. Rogue - the fist female villian to hero arc and she proved to be one of the ost valuable membr for dcades since then
    4. Kitty - I dont like her but cant deny her role as a POV character whom we watched her grow up
    5. Psylocke - Im referring to Betsy. She hasnt had the best storylines but Ive enjoyed her personal journey especially in spite of everything thats been thrown at her
    6. Emma - arguably the most dynamic character here. She had a good redemption arc and has been a strong leading female figure in the line
    7. Magik - from dead in limbo to A-lister. I find her to be incredibly interesting
    8. Dani Moonstar - she's always been solid even when she isnt getting much focus. She has broad appeal outside of the X-line which isnt something the rest can all say
    9. Polaris - underrated. The 2nd X-woman thats often forgotten. I wish I could rank her higher but she just hasnt been used as much
    10. Monet - strong up and comer over the last few years. She has potential to be big with the right attention
    thanks for adding the detail here. I think I want to do something similar but if I'm being honestly my 1 through 10 would look like this:

1. Storm
    2. Storm
    3. Storm
    4. Storm
    5. Storm
    6. Storm
    7. Storm
    8. Storm
    9. Storm
    and.......

10. Storm

C
    oh girlie. nothing wrong with being basic especially if basic equates to celebrating black excellence within the comics im here for it:

Inserting a bunch of characters who haven't even been in the run to get defeated by an evil galactic Wakandan slave army, only to be saved by regular Wakanda's slave army[of oppressed colonized animal/monster-people], isn't the kind of substantive representation I would like to see, but to each their own.

As for who is the best X-Woman, we already know this.

Attachment 107904
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Inserting a bunch of characters who haven't even been in the run to get defeated by an evil galactic Wakandan slave army, only to be saved by regular Wakanda's slave army[of oppressed colonized animal/monster-people], isn't the kind of substantive representation I would like to see, but to each their own.

As for who is the best X-Woman, we already know this.

Attachment 107904
    well you must keep in mind, tchalla freed the minds of all those who lost their memories by way of showing the past BPs that resided in the Dalia he was their king. So the fighrers who you see with Killmonger are no longer "enslaved" in that degree. Nevertheless, I wouldn't say the originators are saving them but aiding tchalla by fighting a common threat, which Ramonda is credited in their effort. String black characters, both make and female, working together having survived both a civil war within Wakanda prime and externally via galatic wakanda is tge legacy I see Coates has left. So people just have come to a different conclusion than the one prescribed above.

and yes beloved you are 10o% correct:

The ruby has two completely different origins.

1) she stole it in Cairo as a child, and it's Candra's[the External] 'heart'(like a horcrux).

2) it's a family heirloom from her mother N'Dare, whose family has protected it for millennia; it is part of the 'Madripoor set' that can open transdimensional portals

Incidentally M'Rinn also gave her a transdimensional portal opening crystal in one of the classic X-Men backup stories.
    I personally prefer the latter. my question is which one supercedes which: