Page 173 of 772 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183223273673 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    I have to say that storm is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. She has been throwing them hands and carrying the team consistently. I would list my favorites like magik and either cyclops or storm second. Storm working on getting first though lol
    we love to see new friends join the family! glad to see she is becoming one of your faves because she certainly deserves it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Exactly. It's always the same bullshit excuses. This was discussed a bit in the where are the other black xmen thread. I too always wonder WHEN exactly is it ok to show minorities prominently and successfully before it becomes forced etc like you said in some people's opinion. It's such a ridiculous thing to say and just further highlights the privilege white characters ALWAYS get and they never have to think about it or second guess it.

I remember when Blackn Panther came out some were pissed that Shuri was shown as smarter than Tony. Again, they said it was pandering and other such nonsense. I then asked one of them when could you show a black person being smarter than a white person and not have it come off as pandering? What scenario would be "acceptable" in their eyes? They couldn't answer because it would have revealed how utterly stupid and nonsensical their complaint was.
    It's not supposed to make sense, it's racism.

Quote Originally Posted by OblivionX33 View Post
    I do find it telling, that ppl have more issue with her getting with BP. Than with her getting with Forge or Logan. Despite Forge cheating on her and Logan using her as a stand-in for Jean. Even crazier when you think about the fact that BP and Storm, were the only true black couple in marvel comics for a while, and still are. Regardless of the quality of their pairing.

That being the case is very perplexing to me. But in truth Storm, she was never a character that needed to be tied down. Even though her home and her roots are in Africa, which i think was ultimately, why similar imagery was used from BP. Although it should be noted the MCU didn't create that visual motif (tree of origin or of life).
    I meant to respond to this but forgot with all that mess I saw on twitter.

This pairing works (BP and Storm) and I will always ship them!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

And don't let them tell you that you shouldn't!

always! it should be

Thank you phoenix. It happens and I can't say I'm surprised by it. The xmen are known for their powerful women. I dont have issues with other fans' favorite characters until misinformation is used to denigrate the All-Goddess. However, thank you for always being polite and a friend beloved!!
    Yeah, there are a few of these types around. I knew some people (I actually think it's just one person using multiple accounts) claiming to be Lorna fans have pulled this stuff. I didn't know same was being attempted with people claiming to be Jean fans, and now I'm wondering if they're trying to do it with other female characters. It might be the same person/people branching out.

In any case, sorry for the BS being spewed by these accounts. Congrats on Storm getting the top spot.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Is the fandom pitting Jean against Ororo common place?

I might have had this account for a while but I've never really used it until this year. And I've never really interacted with other comic book forums until this year either.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 03-30-2021 at 07:46 PM.

I will be glad when Marvel stops playin with my emotions and put them together for good.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Yeah, there are a few of these types around. I knew some people (I actually think it's just one person using multiple accounts) claiming to be Lorna fans have pulled this stuff. I didn't know same was being attempted with people claiming to be Jean fans, and now I'm wondering if they're trying to do it with other female characters. It might be the same person/people branching out.

In any case, sorry for the BS being spewed by these accounts. Congrats on Storm getting the top spot.
    salarta thank you for your kind words. I actually came across like literally 10 minutes ago a Lorna fancor supposed Lorna fan making some disparaging remarks about storm as a result of the list. not sure if I will post yet but seeing you and other fandoms on twitter sowing storm so much love even if it she is not their fave really made me smile. I also know you are a Lorna fan so I hope they do her better in her respective book.

Not trying to mock any fandom here, but isnÂ’t it usually just between Ororo and Jean as the usual top X-Women with Ororo having an obvious advantage?

SheÂ’s usually always the first female pick from the X-Men whenever thereÂ’s major crossovers going on especially with promotions and stuff. Even waaaay before, itÂ’s always only her and Wolverine alongside Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, etc in major promotions.

When they did an ad featuring all X-Women, sheÂ’s deadass center. In the 90s Spider Man series, she was the only X-Men featured in an episode with a crossover with F4 and Iron Man.

In all games, sheÂ’s always one of the first X-Men characters to be introduced. And she has a lot of features in games. Psylocke probably has more features than Jean in that regard. Not trying to start a flame war here, but Storm is aesthetically more recognizable as a whole. JeanÂ’s more recognized as the Phoenix, and that is iconic on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Do you guys think Ororo should have cat eyes or no?
    To be quite honest, if they adapt it in live action, I think it would spice her up even more. ItÂ’s a unique trait, and I can see this type of aesthetic becoming iconic again. I think Grace Jones usually does something similar to this with make-up.

They can just do it by makeup. SheÂ’ll look more regal than ever. Of course, on top of having a good casted Storm that can actually carry her prominence, regality, and confidence on screen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    i'll be back. I'm finna go drag him/her
    I feel there is subjective and an objective answer to this question. With subjective it is clear this list won't gel well with some people some will want their faves to be on top some will want jubilee to be first or rouge to be 10th. Some will make the top ten list and storm won't be there because well she's not great to them. But objectively aside the top two this list is bad. But let me go to the top two. Storm and Jean are the main girls in the xmen. In a way Jean I will say is more of the main girl and that's because storm was not made to fit just a female quarter she was made to bring power and authority to the team. That's why when we meet her she is revered as a goddess because she is literally a larger than life character her manerism, her presence, her speech if you notice in all media she has appeared in especially movies and TV shows you notice that anytime storm uses her power there is a whole as theme song for her. It's to make you all pause and understand that all these mutants where doing this thing but here is the main gun. Her role and reason for being is made most apparent when she losses her powers she doesn't become a background character but rather beats arguably the most important member cyclops taking his position. I saw this as now she loses her powers she is now at their level but she is at the leaders level and no other will do. Jean is the heart of the team she is and will always be the first xwoman but storm is the once and only queen of the xmen she is their matriarch she is jeans age but feels as seasoned and as wise as Charles and Erik, she feels almost unreal even in a fantastical setting like the xmen. There is a power to her and I am not talking about weather or even divinity but this presence that represents something, I only feel this for only one other female character and that's wonder woman but Diana's presence I can place it is women empowerment, but storm's I cannot it changes and morphs where ever when ever sometimes she's feels like a mother, other times like a friend, other times like a sister, other times like a teacher, other times like a queen other times like a hustler, other times like leader other times like a goddess. She is the literally embodiment of multiple concepts in absolute balance in one being in terms of psychology. I feel that's why people latch onto Jean being Phoenix soo much and don't want the character without it because Jean was made to be a woman rather than an actual character, whilst storm was made to be well... more. And this is not in fans but rather how comics are written in general female characters are relegated to nothing but unrealistic bodies and always feel like they were made for men instead of women. The x women are better but still do not escape this the only ones who did where Jean in Phoenix mode and Strom from her very first inception. That's why storm has been and will always be the top x woman.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Not trying to mock any fandom here, but isn’t it usually just between Ororo and Jean as the usual top X-Women with Ororo having an obvious advantage?

She’s usually always the first female pick from the X-Men whenever there’s major crossovers going on especially with promotions and stuff. Even waaaay before, it’s always only her and Wolverine alongside Spider-Man, Hulk, Thor, etc in major promotions.

When they did an ad featuring all X-Women, she’s deadass center. In the 90s Spider Man series, she was the only X-Men featured in an episode with a crossover with F4 and Iron Man.

In all games, she’s always one of the first X-Men characters to be introduced. And she has a lot of features in games. Psylocke probably has more features than Jean in that regard. Not trying to start a flame war here, but Storm is aesthetically more recognizable as a whole. Jean’s more recognized as the Phoenix, and that is iconic on its own.
    Exactly like without the Phoenix who is Jean. That's why I hate when people always try to say if jean had the Phoenix like the character can't be more on her own. The same goes for all female characters they are more than enough just not written well. Storm was saved from this because with the way she was conceptualised and introduced it's difficult to downplay her that's why it took these bad writers and fix movies decades to destroy her image and make her seem incapable.

Do you guys think Ororo should have cat eyes or no?
    No. No human has cat eyes. It looks weird and if they wanted her to have cat eyes they would've kept them in all the animated series she's been in.

Is the fandom pitting Jean against Ororo common place?

I might have had this account for a while but I've never really used it until this year. And I've never really interacted with other comic book forums until this year either.
    People here will pit rice against water and one needs the other to be cooked. Personally I just ignore it especially sinc storm/jean are my fave duo. Let them kick their rocks. Lol

I just hope they don't take it too far because I would not doubt marvel would drop jean from the MCU in a hot minute since they have Wanda. Then other peoe miss out too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I love that storm is so omega that she doesn't need a chair anymore (I know it's covered by the cape ....but still at a first glance it looked like it was not there)
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Someone pointed out that Kurt and Logan look like Ororo’s security goons. Which led to this, based on a photo of Jason Momoa and his security.

Make way for the goddess.

Attachment 107925