Page 179 of 772 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279679 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day where colorism would raise its head in the Storm thread of all places. That said, I'll happily wait my turn elsewhere, where my feelings won't be invalidated or brushed off with any "wait your turn" comments as a dark skinned black person.
    Do not turn away you are just as valid and important. That comment was very dumb and uncalled for. "Wait your turn" like seriously?

The fact that they keep giving characters like cable their own solo run and not storm is beyond belief to me. Storm is so much more compelling than cable its unreal. As far as the “wait your turn” comment, that’s not cool. Wolverine is the best at what he does. Cyclops is the best xmen. But storm, she is the greatest of all time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    The fact that they keep giving characters like cable their own solo run and not storm is beyond belief to me. Storm is so much more compelling than cable its unreal. As far as the “wait your turn” comment, that’s not cool. Wolverine is the best at what he does. Cyclops is the best xmen. But storm, she is the greatest of all time.
    That's true the greatest xmen is cyclops but that's just it his legacy ends with the team storm is simply just more.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Excuse me but that is quite irrelevant. Storm from her inception is deeply melanated. To stay true to the original source material as per her creators she has to be dark skinned. That's how she was envisioned that's how she is supposed to be. It's true melanated people usually have alterations to skin color based on whether they are out in the sun. I for one became very light skinned during the lockdown last year. So I do understand your point. But storm being and remaining dark skinned is very important. It is representation very much needed for dark skinned girls, boys and non binary folk who are being disrespected in their own community. So the strongest black hero and possibly most powerful omega being dark skinned will improve the self esteem of especially dark skinned girls who read the x-men comics.
    Storm was originally medium to light brown she wasn’t dark skin pick up any old comic and you’ll see that

She was originally dark skinned in giant size xmen. Though i fail to see the significance of what she was originally drawn as. There is a lot of significance for her being dark skinned regardless of what certain artists want to color her as. I find it rather moot to try and lighten her skin tone for the sake of her original drawings when her significance as a poc outweighs any need to try to be true to the classical xmen depiction.

I don’t mean to offend but why can’t storm be different skin tones it’s nice to see her as my color and darker richer complexions she’s not always light she’s not always dark and originally she was light brown upon creation so I don’t get the skin tone complaints because I never get upset when she’s darker them me like in her solo series and her “one shot” storm story so like is said just wait your turn.

She was originally dark skinned in giant size xmen. Though i fail to see the significance of what she was originally drawn as. There is a lot of significance for her being dark skinned regardless of what certain artists want to color her as. I find it rather moot to try and lighten her skin tone for the sake of her original drawings when her significance as a poc outweighs any need to try to be true to the classical xmen depiction.
    Definitely light brown I just googled it you and I have different ideas of what darkskin is clearly but stom will never be just one skin tone and that should be ok cuss black pll don’t come in just one shade she’s been darkskin many times and will be darkskin again.

I own the book so if you want to get light dark off of google that’s fine. You obviously did not fully read what i said if you are hung up on that because i also said it was moot as how she was originally drawn. Storm has been arguably the most impactful poc in comic books and having her as dark skin has a lot of significance in making comics in general feel more inclusive to people who have a hard time relating as the vast majority of super heroes are white. From my perspective, it is more about the comic industry catching up with the times than it has to do with the original depictions of storm. She is one of the most interesting characters in comics. Period. The fact that she has been consistent in this throughout the years is a testament that comics can be enjoyed by more than just young white males. Which, at the time of her inception, was the vast majority of comic book readers. I’m not trying to go full sjw or woke as i believe the need for inclusiveness in the comic industry goes far beyond that. Todd mcfarlane even understood this back in the early 90’s when he made spawn a black male. It was not to win some political points or something petty like that, it was to bring in new people to comics who might otherwise feel that they have no place in the comic book world.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Joel Furtado. he was same guy who gave us this:

I forgot how amazing this was. I forgot why they took the voices out
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I own the book so if you want to get light dark off of google that’s fine. You obviously did not fully read what i said if you are hung up on that because i also said it was moot as how she was originally drawn. Storm has been arguably the most impactful poc in comic books and having her as dark skin has a lot of significance in making comics in general feel more inclusive to people who have a hard time relating as the vast majority of super heroes are white. From my perspective, it is more about the comic industry catching up with the times than it has to do with the original depictions of storm. She is one of the most interesting characters in comics. Period. The fact that she has been consistent in this throughout the years is a testament that comics can be enjoyed by more than just young white males. Which, at the time of her inception, was the vast majority of comic book readers. I’m not trying to go full sjw or woke as i believe the need for inclusiveness in the comic industry goes far beyond that. Todd mcfarlane even understood this back in the early 90’s when he made spawn a black male. It was not to win some political points or something petty like that, it was to bring in new people to comics who might otherwise feel that they have no place in the comic book world.
    I’ve read the comic so you’d have to post this pic of her being originally darkskin cuss I’ve never seen it lol if you believe she should always be one skin tone we will have to agree to disagree because I enjoy the variety of blackness on her but I’m aware that she is usually a lighter brown then a darker one but her being darkskin dose happen that’s why I don’t see the big issue but I’m not darkskin so I can’t completely relate.

Again, last time i will say it, it does not matter at all how she was originally colored. They could have made her the lightest shade of brown and i would still feel that she should be portrayed as a dark complexion.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

From Giant Size where she first appeared:

looks like a dark skinned beautiful chocolate girl to me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I forgot how amazing this was. I forgot why they took the voices out
    marvel shut his work down due to copyright issues but then they eventually hired him.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    From Giant Size where she first appeared:

looks like a dark skinned beautiful chocolate girl to me.
    Well the digital copy I have shes light brown never seen that one
    Last edited by Weathergodsson; 04-03-2021 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    Well the digital copy I have she’s light brown never seen that one
    I wouldn’t lie about a skin color lol
    Last edited by Weathergodsson; 04-03-2021 at 01:26 PM.