Page 18 of 772 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I feel like Yona Harvey was the one actually doing the heavy lifting in that series.
    she did but Coates was a consultant much how Hickman is for all of his ancillary xbooks.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Imagine being given cart blanche to do whatever you want with BP/Wakanda just as they are reaching peak awareness in the mass consciousness thanks to a stellar introduction in the MCU, and deciding to have an obscure Native American villain from the 80's terrorize the Afro-futurist utopia in the midst of a civil war with rape camps and famine? And after that banger, deciding to follow it up with a Wakandan slave empire space epic that is simultaneously overstuffed and vacuous?

Coates....
    That doesn't stop anything for X-office

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    That doesn't stop anything for X-office
    I wish I could get Coates take here with how he was able to pen storm. I'm sure his account would be different.

I remember when guggenheim issue dropped where storm was kissing gambit and Coates that same day tweeted storm and black panther looking lovingly in each other's eyes. its clear there was friction then and though that may not be the case with the current writers its very clear Coates has afforded the xoffices more respect than they have him.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I just don't understand why the writers that want to apparently use Storm in another franchise need some sort of license to do so or some kind of special deal. Seems a little strange they would even request that but that's just me. The reason wolverine is used all over the place is because outside writers apparently want to use him, there is no problem is Storm is used outside of X-books but imo it is a problem if a writer outside of the x-books have some sort of hold on her where the x-team may have had something done to them like Franklyn being pulled from the Omegas because who knows what that contract said to attract such "talent."

But either way, I'm just very happy and excited whether true or not, imo it is true, that the vita penned issue of Marauders is seen by the x-team as a critical and commercial success. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just don't understand why the writers that want to apparently use Storm in another franchise need some sort of license to do so or some kind of special deal. Seems a little strange they would even request that but that's just me. The reason wolverine is used all over the place is because outside writers apparently want to use him, there is no problem is Storm is used outside of X-books but imo it is a problem if a writer outside of the x-books have some sort of hold on her where the x-team may have had something done to them like Franklyn being pulled from the Omegas because who knows what that contract said to attract such "talent."

But either way, I'm just very happy and excited whether true or not, imo it is true, that the vita penned issue of Marauders is seen by the x-team as a critical and commercial success. ^_^
    Most times Wolverine appears, its simply to sell books. He is just a figure to be snarky and hit things but is rarely instrumental to the story and the writers dont really do anything significant with him. Thats equivalent to Storm being used as Lightning Lass in the X-books in recent history which makes sense if main control of her lied elsewhere

Coates' BP doesn't even coordinate with Avengers, where T'Challa is Chairperson. He's given Storm a few nice scenes, but his story is overlong, convoluted, and out of sync with the rest of the Marvel line. It's so boring, he can't even stay interested long enough to finish it!
    This right here. Storm being called a literal goddess in fearless means more in canon than anything Coates has done which so far we don't even know if it is canon. Did anyone else see these supposed Storm goddess feats in the main MU because we know Wakanda ain't letting people know. and why did Storm need to rely on someone else to reach what is supposedly rightfully hers, and if that is the case then when her people were worshipping her and kenya and she was you know acting as a goddess, how can tchalla say she wasn't embracing her godhood when she was already living as a goddess with worshippers. All Coates did was water down her history to try to make it look like he did something epic. Definitely was a bore and a chore.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Most times Wolverine appears, its simply to sell books. He is just a figure to be snarky and hit things but is rarely instrumental to the story and the writers dont really do anything significant with him. Thats equivalent to Storm being used as Lightning Lass in the X-books in recent history which makes sense if main control of her lied elsewhere
    And i suspect that is why they did it. This wasn't about uplifting Storm because as the others say on the flip side Coates and Hudlin could have did there story without needing some sort of special exclusive on Storm. Instead they isolated her in the franchise and then wanted the fans of hers to adopt that book rather than do their story and x-fans had a choice where to purchase Storm. But that's just my opinion.

Then all they gave her was crumbs. So the BP office had that type of hold and no Storm and the Agents of Wakanda. Coates obviously could use her for more as we saw with that book with Misty and them. So peeps can miss me on this Coates wanted to expand Storm. Well why didn't he?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This right here. Storm being called a literal goddess in fearless means more in canon than anything Coates has done which so far we don't even know if it is canon. Did anyone else see these supposed Storm goddess feats in the main MU because we know Wakanda ain't letting people know. and why did Storm need to rely on someone else to reach what is supposedly rightfully hers, and if that is the case then when her people were worshipping her and kenya and she was you know acting as a goddess, how can tchalla say she wasn't embracing her godhood when she was already living as a goddess with worshippers. All Coates did was water down her history to try to make it look like he did something epic. Definitely was a bore and a chore.
    Fearless isn't even canon, it was a anthology.

Coates's Black Panther is much more significant than a anthology

exactly! characters like Spiderman, Wolverine, hulk, etc dont have this issue so not sure why this would be the case for Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wish I could get Coates take here with how he was able to pen storm. I'm sure his account would be different.

I remember when guggenheim issue dropped where storm was kissing gambit and Coates that same day tweeted storm and black panther looking lovingly in each other's eyes. its clear there was friction then and though that may not be the case with the current writers its very clear Coates has afforded the xoffices more respect than they have him.
    I want to hear his side too. Why he is never interviewed about Storm?
    Hope we get a interview about his conclusion of Black Panther

That is a good example of not coordinating and x-men writer doing what he wants
    Last edited by Rang10; 01-11-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Bloody Hell!
    That idea never even occurred to me. But makes a lot of sense given the history of these characters.
    Revisionist Coates strikes again! --Dismantling Fictional Black Histories one poorly conceived, badly written melodramatic moment at a time.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 01-11-2021 at 04:04 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Fearless isn't even canon, it was a anthology.

Coates's Black Panther is much more significant than a anthology
    I read a lot of marvel books and i haven't seen it mentioned or alluded to in a single book. but i did see the camp reference in another book and Sophia who was depowered is now repowered. At least i think that's her name. So more significant than Coate's run for sure.

And while i'm thinking of it, you know what was really annoying to me about how he wrote Storm. The way her speech patterns were. "and that is what i know of a goddess." Like you didn't say anyting, no one says anything in this book, this must be like the origin story for the Riddler cause it's full of questions and no answers. And he about to wrap up his entire run in 2 issues.

So we going to see them Orisha? Find out what the hadari yaoi really is? Stop the intergalatic empire? Save regular wakanda and burn the rape camps all in two issues? ok.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

So we going to see them Orisha? Find out what the hadari yaoi really is? Stop the intergalatic empire? Save regular wakanda and burn the rape camps all in two issues? ok.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Well there is a lot to unpack in this post.

*Coates Black Panther is 616
    *Storm has always denied embracing the aspect of her abilities that would move her beyond her humanity. Her solo written by Pak is a great example of this as well as Roguestorm
    *Storm didnt embrace the goddess aspect of her abilities because she has been told since joining the xmen she was not a real goddess
    *Her solo confirmed that when she was worshipped as a goddess her village didn't actually think she was a real one
    *He through the BP stories did a lot to flesh out her history (Her time in Harlem in BP&C, her history before becoming an Xman in Rise of the Panther, the explanation behind why Adversary feared her during their initial encounter). How then could you conclude he watered down her history when he has done more relative to her history than what we have even seen in the xbooks since perhaps Claremont?
    *Other books not acknowledging stories other writers do is not something specific to coates. Its seen across marvel and is a reflection of editorial dropping the ball.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-11-2021 at 04:17 PM.

I read a lot of marvel books and i haven't seen it mentioned or alluded to in a single book. but i did see the camp reference in another book and Sophia who was depowered is now repowered. At least i think that's her name. So more significant than Coate's run for sure.

And while i'm thinking of it, you know what was really annoying to me about how he wrote Storm. The way her speech patterns were. "and that is what i know of a goddess." Like you didn't say anyting, no one says anything in this book, this must be like the origin story for the Riddler cause it's full of questions and no answers. And he about to wrap up his entire run in 2 issues.

I remember the creative team talking about it, that it wasn't in continuity and it was a anthology. Here is marvel calling it a anthology
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...thology-series

It's his style of writing, he want more thinking of the reader.

He has a lot to wrap up, hope he lands the end and marvel relaunches the book again soon