Page 180 of 772 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280680 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I forgot how amazing this was. I forgot why they took the voices out
    I was all over this ,untill the cease and desist came through

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    Well the digital copy I have shes light brown never seen that one
    the one I posted is the original issue print. that digital version appears to have modified her tone which is making the point some here have made around colorism as it exists in this world, and more specifically in comics.

I wouldn’t lie about a skin color lol

not saying you would lie. however, your post shows how glaringly different the original print in her tone was from the modified digital versions highlights how the character has been whitewashed. instead of staying true to her original tone tge colorist decided to depict her many shades lighter. why would you think marvel at that time would that? why do you think they continue to do this?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-03-2021 at 02:01 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    the one I posted is the original issue print. that digital version appears to have modified her tone which is making the point some here have made around colorism as it exists in this world, and more specifically in comics.

not saying you would lie. however, your post shows how glaringly different the original print in her tone was from the modified digital versions highlights how the character has been whitewashed. instead of staying true to her original tone tge colorist decided to depict her many shades lighter. why would you think marvel at that time would that? why do you think they continue to do this?
    Well a white artist is obviously gonna prefer a lighter hue but I’ve seen her dark brown to darkskin before so it’s gonna change with every artist she never gonna be one skin tone but since she was originally dark skin there definitely a Color preference amongst artists but white pll created Colorism so what do u except all we can do is complain and hope they care.

Well a white artist is obviously gonna prefer a lighter hue but I’ve seen her dark brown to darkskin before so it’s gonna change with every artist she never gonna be one skin tone but since she was originally dark skin there definitely a Color preference amongst artists but white pll created Colorism so what do u except all we can do is complain and hope they care.
    I don’t think the artists have colorism in mind when they do her art. At least, i would hope not. The fact is, not a lot of people are educated on this subject and even see its importance. The conversation about it will ramp up, i am sure, if beyonce or someone like that is cast as storm in the mcu. Most of the artists are not out to be nefarious. They just need people writing the xdesk or tweeting them etc so that they can look up and decide these things for themselves. Take classic artist who were all white males trying to come up with teams like the xmen. They were doing a good thing. Even still, if you look at stuff from the 70s and 80s there are a lot of tropes and stereotypes of different nationalities and races etc. They were just artists at the end of the day trying to pull from what they knew of the world and what kind of world they imagined. All in all, i don’t think we should be dismissive of the creators (who have always gave storm mad respect) and also be careful that we don’t fall in a cynical view ourselves as is hella easy to do i know from experience.

Fantastic Member

I remember seeing a scan of Storm manipulating bones in the atmosphere of another planet or dimension can anyone confirm this? Was it Earth- 616 Storm?
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I remember seeing a scan of Storm manipulating bones in the atmosphere of another planet or dimension can anyone confirm this? Was it Earth- 616 Storm?
    I believe this is what your talking about

complaining doesn't bring change. healthy dialogue around these issues do, as well as not being condescending or dismissive of those who bring awareness to colorism.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...nt-get-married
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I believe this is what your talking about
    ahhhh this is a good example of her directly controlling an element which is solid. good find guys:

and yes this is 616

Fantastic Member

ahhhh this is a good example of her directly controlling an element which is solid. good find guys:

and yes this is 616
    Thank you I find this very interesting. I’m not sure how her powers enabled her to do that but it’s another feat to add to the books for everyone who thought she couldn’t manipulate solids. (Myself included haha)
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Astonishing Member

and yes this is 616
    The phenomena described aren't though. That's The Hill, which is a hostile alien environment, with a unnatural sky and atmosphere, so it's not clear if she could pull that off in the regular universe.
    What is described could simply refer to how she is using the atmosphere around the solid objects to affect them. Hence using wind and air pressure to push the rocks down or using the same to angle the glass shards right and open the clouds to let light in and produce focused light beams.

Also poor Marrow, spends her entire youth there trying to not get killed by the weather in that place and climb to the top, while Storm just drops in, makes the weather her tool and flies up the mountain in minutes. No wonder she tried to humilate Ororo (and all she got for it was an involuntary kardial extraction).

EDIT:
    Thinking about it. What is described with the calcium rocks there, sounds a bit like when she was creating a tornado around Emma Frost in her diamond form and explaining how she could accelerate something to the point where it could pierce even her skin. So an indirect manipulation of solid objects.
    Last edited by Grunty; 04-03-2021 at 03:49 PM.

BANNED

Thank you I find this very interesting. I’m not sure how her powers enabled her to do that but it’s another feat to add to the books for everyone who thought she couldn’t manipulate solids. (Myself included haha)
    You see her power is not just weather manipulation but the ability to manipulate all elements and forces that govern weather everywhere. People for get but the elements that make up the weather on our planet aren't the same as that on another planet. This gives storm control over soon much that it's not even funny. We know she can directly manipulate all weather related elements like water air electricity heat...etc for earth. But on this planet for example does it mean she can control calcium too? Meaning she should control bones. Also can she channel the power of a certain element on a different planet whilst in earth. That will basically give her control over pretty much the entire periodic table and then some. Weather manipulation isn't storm's power but it's a basic way to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The phenomena described aren't though. That's The Hill, which is a hostile alien environment, with a unnatural sky and atmosphere, so it's not clear if she could pull that off in the regular universe.
    What is described could simply refer to how she is using the atmosphere around the solid objects to affect them. Hence using wind and air pressure to push the rocks down or using the same to angle the glass rights and open the clouds to let light in and produce laser beams.

Also poor Marrow, spends her entire youth there trying to not get killed by the weather in that place and climb to the top, while Storm just drops in, makes the weather her tool and flies up the mountain in minutes. No wonder she tried to humilate Ororo (and all she got for it was an involuntary kardial extraction).
    I'm very well aware of the circumstances that were involved. those conditions are not natural as it pertains to the earths atmosphere but that was the natural environment for the hill, which she was able to mamlnipulate the calcium (which is an earth mineral) in the air as described in the panel boxes.

also if she had encountered a medium that she could not manipulate due to it being unnatural it would have been stated such as during the all women xmen run or in Black Panther:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    What is described could simply refer to how she is using the atmosphere around the solid objects to affect them. Hence using wind and air pressure to push the rocks down or using the same to angle the glass shards right and open the clouds to let light in and produce focused light beams.

EDIT:
    Thinking about it. What is described with the calcium rocks there, sounds a bit like when she was creating a tornado around Emma Frost in her diamond form and explaining how she could accelerate something to the point where it could pierce even her skin. So an indirect manipulation of solid objects.
    On a certain planet the atmosphere is soooo silicon rich that it rains glass side ways. Storm can control said weather effect the same as in on any planet and dimension even interstellar and intergalactic mediums. But my thing is can she chanel it whilst on a different planet. Because take this silicon rich planet for instance we know if she goes there she would be able to directly manipulate sand and glass. But can she chanel it whilst in earth to manipulate the sands on the desert or the sea shore. Just wondering will be interesting to note though. But even earth weather she has barely scratched the surface of what she can do.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    You see her power is not just weather manipulation but the ability to manipulate all elements and forces that govern weather everywhere. People for get but the elements that make up the weather on our planet aren't the same as that on another planet. This gives storm control over soon much that it's not even funny. We know she can directly manipulate all weather related elements like water air electricity heat...etc for earth. But on this planet for example does it mean she can control calcium too? Meaning she should control bones. Also can she channel the power of a certain element on a different planet whilst in earth. That will basically give her control over pretty much the entire periodic table and then some. Weather manipulation isn't storm's power but it's a basic way to describe it.
    And this is what makes storm the omega she is. Thor, Crystal, all elementals while extremely powerful if they go to another planet or dimension they are still just producing the known elements from earth with depending on those beings may be nothing to them. In that sense Storm is a true elemental the purest sense that she shapes the energies of whatever ecosystem she finds herself in.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    exactly, of course she wouldn't be able to shoot calcium arrows from the sky on earth because the earths atmosphere does not consist of a skeleton belt. however, the elemental forces on the hill did include earth minerals which she could bend. as yoga said a few pages back, all elements contain some form of electrons and that is an aspect of the energy she wields when she controls the weather. so anything that possesses electrons or any form of energy she should be able to manipulate. if she were in that dimension and couldn't not manipulate earth or that atmosphere becuase it did not contain the elements of the earth's atmosphere she would have been powerless. however, once she acclimated to that dimensions forces she was able to bend the weather there to her will.