Page 182 of 772 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282682 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well we must not forget Storm was always in control of her powers and she was being worshipped as a goddess when the O5 were training in the danger doom learning to use their powers. This "power" isn't something new to Ororo. Also, when she could have gone "dark phoenix" in the roguestorm story she was able to temper her lust for power in a way Jean was not. I say all of this to say, Ororo's will is one of a kind and unless she is possessed by a evil influence I dont see a power that is innate to her causing her to go crazy.
    To be fair people tend to forget mastermind and the white queen worked in tandem to undermine Jean's stability over a fairly wide time period, having said that Ororo’s will is still canonically established as extraordinary
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-05-2021 at 01:42 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She can do solids when she wants to. It's all just electrons in the end to her.

Attachment 108015

Attachment 108016

Just think of solids as frozen matter, like ice is frozen water. They are ultimately just condensation of plasmatic ether. Storm has the whole spectrum on lockdown. I think creators shy away from the earth/water/fire feats because the name is 'Storm', but "Earth Mother", or "Nature Goddess" are closer to the truth, and the 'separations' between the various elements are more [contrived]linguistic artifacts as opposed to natural facts.

Attachment 108017
    The quality of those screenshots is once poor, therefore, I cannot really read them that well. I saw that butterflykyss posted one of them with better quality later, but please when you attach screenshots. Try to attach them with natural, higher resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    krakoa animated series?? if we get the all-goddess with her dedicated music everyone she about to wreck ish up i would be down... make it happen marvel.

Yes, let it be! I am looking forward to Krakoa animated series! If it is indeed in production.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Yes, let it be! I am looking forward to Krakoa animated series! If it is indeed in production.
    We need to get the #restorethesnyderverse type of hype around this and disney will hook it up

Fantastic Member

Thinking about how Storm doesn’t even need to manipulate Solids because she can transform it into a liquid or a gas. We’ve seen storm vaporize water and convert it to steam

So what’s to stop her from using sublimation to turn Iceman directly into steam for example. Temperature and Pressure are what controls changes in states of matter. Under the right weather conditions sublimation occurs naturally (dry ice turning into vapor in room temperature for example) So all she would have to to create the perfect weather conditions, increase the intensity, and direct it at Iceman and his ice and she can win.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Thinking about how Storm doesn’t even need to manipulate Solids because she can transform it into a liquid or a gas. We’ve seen storm vaporize water and convert it to steam

So what’s to stop her from using sublimation to turn Iceman directly into steam for example. Temperature and Pressure are what controls changes in states of matter. Under the right weather conditions sublimation occurs naturally (dry ice turning into vapor in room temperature for example) So all she would have to to create the perfect weather conditions, increase the intensity, and direct it at Iceman and his ice and she can win.
    You have no idea how many time I used that in Iceman Vs Storm debates. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    To be fair people tend to forget mastermind and the white queen worked in tandem to undermine Jean's stability over a fairly wide time period, having said that Ororo’s will is still canonically established as extraordinary
    Daedra speaks Very True. The White Queen developed "the Mindtap Mechanism" used by both her and Mastermind, while they subvertly and subconsciously preyed on the Jean/Phoenix entity, whose mind was not as strong against telepathic intrusion as Jean's own mind would be. This is why Xavier was able to TP blast his way in, but he needed Jean's help to win.
    "The power of her (Jean's) mind is truly amazing!"
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    having players making it difficult to discern reality from fiction was a factor. even in the case of ororo during roguestorm her sense of self was destroyed due to her severe claustrophobia. both ladies were pushed to an unyielding need for power just by different means.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    uts just fan art beloved. hopefully since he works for marvel he can plant some seeds though.

she doesn't need to BUT we've already proven that she can as she did on the hill. I love to see it. oh iceman would lose she has dropped him twice with her lightning alone not even considering the other things you mentioned lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cane_danko View Post
    We need to get the #restorethesnyderverse type of hype around this and disney will hook it up
    That would require the whole thing to be allready over. Since it's not clear yet how well the whole thing will be recieved in the end or if it messes up the landing.

That is, if the people in charge would even consider it a worthwhile basis for an entire series or mini-series, rather than dismissing it right way as too continuity dependant or "alien" for such an adaption to a casual audience who's picture of the X-men is far removed from that of the current comics. Leaving it as only a choice for a multi-parter in a regular X-men cartoon, likely with extremely cut down elements.

I just imagined Jean and Storm like "we do this for fun." Attachment 108144
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

So my theory for why Storm can’t manipulate solids after doing some research is that simply, solids don’t contain much energy to begin with. Her mutation allows her to manipulate natural energy patters in the environment. She does better with manipulating energy contained in lesser dense states of matter such as gas, plasma, and to a lesser extent (liquid) where the molecules aren’t very tightly bound together and have freedom to move. This also relates to her claustrophobia as well and her fear of being constricted. Solid is a very constricting state of matter so it makes sense that she wouldn’t connect with it. She works best in a light atmosphere such as space (which is made mostly of plasma and contains the most energy) and then gas.

Attachment 108151

Fun fact: the visible universe is 99.9% Plasma! so at the full extent of her powers she can mess the whole universe up.

(Also sorry if my theories and talk about her power-set has been annoying, I’ve always been a Storm fan but I have never really looked into just how powerful her ability is. I’m doing all this research and discovering all these cool aspects of her power and potential applications. These writers need to take note! Give our girl FULL control of the EM Spectrum. There’s light energy from the sun (visible & invisible ) surrounding us and permeating the atmosphere at all times, she should be able to manipulate that energy and channel it just as well as she channels lightning. J
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just imagined Jean and Storm like "we do this for fun." Attachment 108144
    lovely concept, can't wait to see a colored version
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So my theory for why Storm can’t manipulate solids after doing some research is that simply, solids don’t contain much energy to begin with. Her mutation allows her to manipulate natural energy patters in the environment. She does better with manipulating energy contained in lesser dense states of matter such as gas, plasma, and to a lesser extent (liquid) where the molecules aren’t very tightly bound together and have freedom to move. This also relates to her claustrophobia as well and her fear of being constricted. Solid is a very constricting state of matter so it makes sense that she wouldn’t connect with it. She works best in a light atmosphere such as space (which is made mostly of plasma and contains the most energy) and then gas.

Attachment 108151

Fun fact: the visible universe is 99.9% Plasma! so at the full extent of her powers she can mess the whole universe up.

(Also sorry if my theories and talk about her power-set has been annoying, I’ve always been a Storm fan but I have never really looked into just how powerful her ability is. I’m doing all this research and discovering all these cool aspects of her power and potential applications. These writers need to take note! Give our girl FULL control of the EM Spectrum. There’s light energy from the sun (visible & invisible ) surrounding us and permeating the atmosphere at all times, she should be able to manipulate that energy and channel it just as well as she channels lightning. J
    Personally I’m not a fan of pseudo-scientific explanations slapped on top of Ororo’s powers, if her power is supposed to be divine and spiritual in nature then so be it, there is little reasons to bother proper science with concepts that tends to be incorrect or involve fantastic non scientific elements just the same, what I mean to say is that while her powers may give her insight and knowledge into a universe made of purely physical forces/particles etc. the reason she’s able to exert her will over the domain of physics is to be found in her double nature as goddess and mutant, her mutant omega power gives Storm a way interact with the tapestry of elemental forces in her surroundings but in my opinion Ororo’s connection to the sky is a matter of affinity and kindredness for the heavens and infinity, the sky is a mirror reflection of her very soul.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-06-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Attachment 108151

matter or solids may have energy particles that are not as active in liquids or gases but those particles are still there. the electrons that all or most elements possess would be able to be manipulated by her: