Page 183 of 772 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Omg , this is awesome. Wall art!!
    Thanks for share butterflykyss

Fantastic Member

matter or solids may have energy particles that are not as active in liquids or gases but those particles are still there. the electrons that all or most elements possess would be able to be manipulated by her:

I really would hope they develop that and they have been improving on showcasing her power but they might be afraid of straying to far away from weather related phenomena even though she’s capable or much more.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Omg , this is awesome. Wall art!!
    Thanks for share butterflykyss
    you're welcome boo! I saw that and thought it was nice art as well!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Personally I’m not a fan of pseudo-scientific explanations slapped on top of Ororo’s powers, if her power is supposed to be divine and spiritual in nature then so be it, there is little reasons to bother proper science with concepts that tends to be incorrect or involve fantastic non scientific elements just the same, what I mean to say is that while her powers may give her insight and knowledge into a universe made of purely physical forces/particles etc. the reason she’s able to exert her will over the domain of physics is to be found in her double nature as goddess and mutant, her mutant omega power gives Storm a way interact with the tapestry of elemental forces in her surroundings but in my opinion Ororo’s connection to the sky is a matter of affinity and kindredness for the heavens and infinity, the sky is a mirror reflection of her very soul.
    Her power is both divine and mutant based. Her mutation is in fact scientific as in the marvel universe the DNA mutation causes the powers.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I really would hope they develop that and they have been improving on showcasing her power but they might be afraid of straying to far away from weather related phenomena even though she’s capable or much more.
    well sometimes I think the same thing honestly. but to be fair we've seen some things from the xoffice none weather related such as when Duggan had storm stop Callisto heart via a punch. however this is rare and her omega level power classification is weather manipulation so I agree with your point.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Her power is both divine and mutant based. Her mutation is in fact scientific as in the marvel universe the DNA mutation causes the powers.
    Did I say anything different? You can have a X gene but the corresponding power does not have to be necessarily explainable trough contemporary science in its practical applications

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Personally I’m not a fan of pseudo-scientific explanations slapped on top of Ororo’s powers, if her power is supposed to be divine and spiritual in nature then so be it, there is little reasons to bother proper science with concepts that tends to be incorrect or involve fantastic non scientific elements just the same, what I mean to say is that while her powers may give her insight and knowledge into a universe made of purely physical forces/particles etc. the reason she’s able to exert her will over the domain of physics is to be found in her double nature as goddess and mutant, her mutant omega power gives Storm a way interact with the tapestry of elemental forces in her surroundings but in my opinion Ororo’s connection to the sky is a matter of affinity and kindredness for the heavens and infinity, the sky is a mirror reflection of her very soul.
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-06-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member

*Pic*
    It's somewhat amusing to see people here discussing what ever Ororo is a god, or just the most powerfull mutant ever or both, aswell as discussing just HOW super powerfull she is and then remembering that one of her grand stand out moments in the past, which is regulary brought up, has been stabbing a one-eyed woman in the chest who was the leader of a bunch of homeless people living in the tunnels under New York.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's the wonder and beauty of comic books.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    It's somewhat amusing to see people here discussing what ever Ororo is a god, or just the most powerfull mutant ever or both, aswell as discussing just HOW super powerfull she is and then remembering that one of her grand stand out moments in the past, which is regulary brought up, has been stabbing a one-eyed woman in the chest who was the leader of a bunch of homeless people living in the tunnels under New York.
    why is it amusing considering her versatility is imho one of the greatest characteristics about Ororo. she can be nurtuter and then in the next moment a destroyer of all things. She can be an all powerful goddess and then a vulnerable human. it is what makes her own of the greatest comic characters ever to be created.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's the wonder and beauty of comic books.
    True.

why is it amusing considering her versatility is imho one of the greatest characteristics about Ororo. she can be nurtuter and then in the next moment a destroyer of all things. She can be an all powerful goddess and then a vulnerable human. it is what makes her own of the greatest comic characters ever to be created.
    The retrospective on the escalation of the character. Which makes grand moments of the past seem weirdly minor and unimportant and only treated as great because they were done in a time of smaller scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    True.

The retrospective on the escalation of the character. Which makes grand moments of the past seem weirdly minor and unimportant and only treated as great because they were done in a time of smaller scale.
    well thats an interesting perspective. remember ororo started off as an all-powerful "goddess" only to be stripped of her power where she was literally grounded in her humanity. I dont look at this period as minor or unimportant. thus period was a very tumultuous time for her. to go from a woman who vowed never to take another life to one who wouldn't hesitate to do so if it meant saving her family was a very character defining moment.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It all comes down to the writer, really.

Coates' "ascension to Godhood" is less than nothing when compared to the duel with Callisto as written by Claremont.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Dose anyone know if there will be storm appearances tomorrow?

Quote Originally Posted by Weathergodsson View Post
    Dose anyone know if there will be storm appearances tomorrow?
    no I don't think she appears in anything im aware of though dont hold me to that.

Also here a funny post I found every knows villains and kings lust after storm lol