Page 186 of 772 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236286686 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 11576
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Recent been talking about X-Men: Evolution on The Scarlet Witch Thread, so let’s celebrate Storm from the show!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

Was storm in the last issue of KIB ??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    I got it but haven't read it yet. Reading Excalibur right now and then America #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    Storm appears in one panel and does absolutely nothing but if your a venom fan. Imo hands down the worst event since IVS X

Basically another story to elevate a white dude to god status.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I disagree with your conclusions, Magic wasn't FULLY restored until 2018 but it did work AGAIN post Empirikul in a weakened unreliable way, STRANGE in civil war 2 is wearing his post Aaron costume so right there we can see that one is not a fully powered Strange.

I'd like to clarify I'm not saying Ororo can't beat Stephen, I believe that's a battle that can go either way depending of many factors, all I am saying is that back in 2015 and for a couple of year after magic in the marvel universe was canonically weaker and broken.
    its not about whether you disagree or agree. the timeline is what it is. as I mentioned dr strange in his solo he was weakened and couldn't produce his bands of cytorrak in issue 5. 6 months later in his solo he was virtually powerless but in bendis book he was making his bands WITHOUT concern. if bendis was connecting the solo to his book he would have been fighting with an axe because his powers were useless. that isn't the case though.

knull said storm was his most powerful avatar and yet you have made it a point to rationalize why this isn't the case for dr. strange. this was never about who wins in a fight but what knull said, which for whatever reason you have tried to make a case for why it wasn't applicable to strange. bottom line you can disagree with the conclusions made but the facts are what they are:

I saw this online and thought it was so nice:

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Recent been talking about X-Men: Evolution on The Scarlet Witch Thread, so let’s celebrate Storm from the show!

[video=youtube_share;yo81Jg7CrJ8]https://youtu.be/yo81Jg7CrJ8[/
    thanks cj. I was more a fan of xmen tas i wish she was a teenager like the other characters and not made to be their babysitter as she was in evo. here is some of her nice moments in tas!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its not about whether you disagree or agree. the timeline is what it is. as I mentioned dr strange in his solo he was weakened and couldn't produce his bands of cytorrak in issue 5. 6 months later in his solo he was virtually powerless but in bendis book he was making his bands WITHOUT concern. if bendis was connecting the solo to his book he would have been fighting with an axe because his powers were useless. that isn't the case though.

knull said storm was his most powerful avatar and yet you have made it a point to rationalize why this isn't the case for dr. strange. this was never about who wins in a fight but what knull said, which for whatever reason you have tried to make a case for why it wasn't applicable to strange. bottom line you can disagree with the conclusions made but the facts are what they are:

Yeah we disagree on the nature of these comic “facts” as well, anyway I have expressed my pov extensively enough , we just have different opinions.… and since this is Ororo appreciation thread I wanted to post a picture of her which I love cause she doesn’t get to wear the color Blue very often:
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Sorry double post
    Last edited by Daedra; 04-07-2021 at 10:15 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Yeah we disagree on the nature of these comic “facts” as well, anyway I have expressed my pov extensively enough , we just have different opinions.… and since this is Ororo appreciation thread I wanted to post a picture of her which I love cause she doesn’t get to wear the color Blue very often:

no worries I think the content from what Duggan wrote speaks for itself as well (^_^)

cute pic!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

That’s because a possessed Doctor Strange could never be at full power, that does not take anything away from Ororo, but Stephen power comes from the self, not his possessed physical form, a mutant power is more readily available than mystic knowledge accumulated trough years of spiritual studies
    So knull saying Storm is his strongest avatar is based of her power as compared to the rest. Remember knull when in possession of a person knows everything from their past and present and can use that information against others as cyclops to bishop and cable to manifold. He possessed dr strange so he knows all that strange knows all the magical forms he has taken and all the sources of his power. When he says storm is the strongest it's not out of nowhere he knows what he is saying. Given he has intimate knowledge of all his avatar even to a greater extent than they themselves since he is a primordial god. The problem with this is that storm has been sooo severely damaged from bad writing that this statement feels like it's coming from nowhere to people who are not really avid fans of hers. Kyss posted some articles about how storm was originally conceptualized to be the most powerful mutant with no inherent limits. She was designed to be stronger than thor but incompetent writing and fox movies have done severe damage to her image and reputation. This is to the point that people think storm needs at least minutes and to look at the sky to activate her power.
    She is the strongest it's a hard pill to swallow for some but it is fact and I am waiting on exactly how she is stronger than the likes of power cosmic thor, hulk, dr strange and a myriad of the most powerful marvel characters. We know she is omega and a goddess but her divinity and omega good have not exactly been fleshed out. At least to the extent of others like jean and co omega mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So knull saying Storm is his strongest avatar is based of her power as compared to the rest. Remember knull when in possession of a person knows everything from their past and present and can use that information against others as cyclops to bishop and cable to manifold. He possessed dr strange so he knows all that strange knows all the magical forms he has taken and all the sources of his power. When he says storm is the strongest it's not out of nowhere he knows what he is saying. Given he has intimate knowledge of all his avatar even to a greater extent than they themselves since he is a primordial god. The problem with this is that storm has been sooo severely damaged from bad writing that this statement feels like it's coming from nowhere to people who are not really avid fans of hers. Kyss posted some articles about how storm was originally conceptualized to be the most powerful mutant with no inherent limits. She was designed to be stronger than thor but incompetent writing and fox movies have done severe damage to her image and reputation. This is to the point that people think storm needs at least minutes and to look at the sky to activate her power.
    She is the strongest it's a hard pill to swallow for some but it is fact and I am waiting on exactly how she is stronger than the likes of power cosmic thor, hulk, dr strange and a myriad of the most powerful marvel characters. We know she is omega and a goddess but her divinity and omega good have not exactly been fleshed out. At least to the extent of others like jean and co omega mutants.
    exactly. people seem to go out of their way to rationalize in their minds why storm is weak even though she was created to be the most powerful character and even when writers state otherwise, yet when it comes to their faves they accept all types of fantastical retcons that don't align to original depictions of the character.

nevertheless great post!

exactly. people seem to go out of their way to rationalize in their minds why storm is weak even though she was created to be the most powerful character and even when writers state otherwise, yet when it comes to their faves they accept all types of fantastical retcons that don't align to original depictions of the character.

nevertheless great post!
    But strange wasn’t even posessed, while Ororo was serving as knull avatar this is what Strange was doing just before king in black #4, he was comatose and then black cat freed him

Last edited by Daedra; 04-07-2021 at 12:39 PM.

But strange wasn’t even posessed, while Ororo was serving as knull avatar this is what Strange was doing just before king in black #4, he was comatose and then black cat freed him

strange was possessed before storm was possessed in kib issue 1.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-07-2021 at 12:44 PM.

strange was possessed before storm was possessed in kib issue 1.
    No he was neutered by knull and rendered unconscious

He was imprisoned into a black bubble

No he was neutered by knull and rendered unconscious

see the scan above he was overtaken by knull as stated by brock.

see the scan above he was overtaken by knull as stated by brock.
    He was never posessed just captured, i really think this is not the right thread to discuss this

Last edited by Daedra; 04-07-2021 at 12:54 PM.

He was never posessed just captured, i really think this is not the right thread to discuss this
    from the scan you posted you are right it doesn't appear he was possessed.

however this scan shows he was contained by the knull so he was still in his possession the one you just posted:

nevertheless, even if you remove him storm being stated to be stronger than the strongest members of the f4, Thor and hulk is certainly still a win!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-07-2021 at 01:05 PM.