Page 191 of 772 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’d like to think there’s more space for Storm’s characterization than mami and being a needlessly aggressive black woman, which is a stereotype onto itself if that’s the direction people are going in lol. Storm seemed combative for no real reason, I don’t think the Avengers had any Malice in their heart, they were trying to avoid an international incident by informing Krakoa that their supposed citizens are at risk due to going against an American law. A law that affects all young heroes. I don’t see Storm’s point like the avengers are favoring the Champions or how denouncing the law as it applies to them is saying it’s ok for the law to only apply to mutants. Seemed like she was trying to imply complicity and bigotry when the Avengers actions indicate the opposite. Vita seems to have a thing for contrived conflict lol I get what she was going for but Storm came off looking very weak as only the small minded and insecure project motivations onto others when they come in good faith.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’d like to think there’s more space for Storm’s characterization than mami and being a needlessly aggressive black woman, which is a stereotype onto itself if that’s the direction people are going in lol. Storm seemed combative for no real reason, I don’t think the Avengers had any malice in their heart, they were trying to avoid an international incident by informing Krakoa that their supposed citizens are at risk due to going against an American law. A law that affects all young heroes. I don’t see Storm’s point like the avengers are favoring the Champions or how denouncing the law as it applies to them is saying it’s ok for the law to only apply to mutants. Seemed like she was trying to imply complicity and bigotry when the Avengers actions indicate the opposite. Vita seems to have a thing for contrived conflict lol I get what she was going for but Storm came off looking very weak as only the small minded and insecure project motivations onto others when they come in good faith.
    And i would argue if it was a man who did the same that would not be the case. It's contrived for Storm to not wait on Bp in an X-book but it shouldn't be expected for him to wait on her to make choices in BP. Unfair standard.

Storm did not raise her voice, she was not aggressive, she told him what she wanted him to call her, how is that any different from call me Kate, and if someone came walking into their home i doubt the wakandian embassy would act any differently if Cap and them came storming in saying they need to speak with a head of state. In fact Vita respected them and had the wakandians act no different than she had Storm act, it was cordial but this were not friendly affairs.

And if the Avengers do think the law is so wrong why are they visiting the mutant embassy rather than being on tv trying to get the law changed if that is what this is really about. Or talking to the people they have sword to protect. I get what Vita was going for and it felt the same as when someone says a cop shoots black people people go but black on black crime. Like we don't pay other black people to protect us just like mutants didn't make these laws that Cap and co seem to have such a problem with.

And that is not even touching on the fact that those children live in the human world, not the mutant world. So what exactly was Cap expecting them to do, or was he making the assumption that krakoan mutants were leaving krakoa and coming to human territories to do things? So he already came in wrong.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-08-2021 at 01:33 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Alright Cap, don't find yourself at the wrong end of a lightning bolt.

And Carol needs to watch her tone.

Storm feeling her Jim Lee look...cool
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    I'm also a bit tired of this but we have to accept that the writers will always make these types of confrontations happen, but I just hope that the X-Mens will not be harmed as usual.
    honestly I didn't mind how Storm approached the avengers, to be honest I enjoyed seeing her putting Steve in his place. She probably saw the discussion from a distance and thought things could go further, so I can understand why she was more incisive in approach.
    I didn’t mind this part either (he was coming in overly comfortable), but the entire exchange escalated a bit too quickly.

I don’t think she’s being written as the “angry black women” trope. Yes she’s not nice here, but nothing else about the trope (certain phrases, sass, being used for comedic value, etc.) are present in this scene. Part of the problem with the angry black person trope is that whenever we’re not overly nice or inviting we get labeled as angry and then silenced.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-08-2021 at 01:33 PM.

this whatabout black panther storm is getting repetitive. what does any of what happened in a title released back in 2017 have to do with the contrived stories vita keep telling with storm TODAY?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-08-2021 at 01:35 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this whatabout black panther storm is getting repetitive. what does any of what happened in a title released back in 2017 have to do with the contrived stories vita keep telling with storm TODAY?
    They are stories you are still talking about today in this very space? You stop talking about them and i will too. cool?

And what if's about similar situations isn't stories from the past just to be clear. but i get what you were reaching for.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They are stories you are still talking about today in this very space? You stop talking about them and i will too. cool?
    talking about what? black panther? oh no, no deal. I talk about them in the capacity of appreciation. you bring them up only to distract from the shortcomings of vita's writing of storm. there's a difference. certainly you can defend a writing of a poorly crafted story without the need to ALWAYS refer back to coates storm, right?

talking about what? black panther? oh no, no deal. I talk about them in the capacity of appreciation. you bring them up only to distract from the shortcomings of vita's writing of storm. there's a difference. certainly you can defend a writing of a poorly crafted story without the need to ALWAYS refer back to coates storm, right?
    im not distracting i don't care what you think about vita writing because i feel you have an agenda anyway so it doesn't matter. i have a hurt foot and nothing else to do right now.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

im not distracting i don't care what you think about vita writing because i feel you have an agenda anyway so it doesn't matter. i have a hurt foot and nothing else to do right now.
    you don't care yet you keep indirectly offering rebuttals of what I've said directly as it relates to vita writing? both of these statements can't be true beloved lol.

oan hope your foot feels better.

you don't care yet you keep indirectly offering rebuttals of what I've said directly as it relates to vita writing? both of these statements can't be true beloved lol.

oan hope your foot feels better.
    If it seems like that cool. I'm sure i do drop things i see other Storm fans have said in my responses.

Thanks appreciate it.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-08-2021 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Im still buying issue 2. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

If it seems like that cool. I'm sure i do drop things i see other Storm fans have said in my responses.

Thanks appreciate it.
    oh it doesn't seem like that. its facts but I dont mind as long as exchanges aren't disrespectful (which they have not been). I really was rooting for vita initially but after marauders 13, cota1 with insecure storm, and now cota2 angry black woman storm im so good on vita's writing of her

you're welcome (^_^)

I am still not buying CoTA but I like what I saw of Storm in the preview. I liked this for the same reason I liked her XoS issue in Marauders. They are finally playing Storm with some edge, some grey areas of moral ambiguity Too often Storm is depicted as a paragon always in the right.

Claremont wasn't afraid to be a bit controversial with her. Subsequent writers have played it too safe with her for too long. It's about time they dirty her up a bit again. I honestly don't know if I think she went too far with Cap and the Avengers here. Was she too aggressive? Again I don't know, but I appreciate the ambiguity.

oh it doesn't seem like that. its facts but I dont mind as long as exchanges aren't disrespectful (which they have not been). I really was rooting for vita initially but after marauders 13, cota1 with insecure storm, and now cota2 angry black woman storm im so good on vita's writing of her

you're welcome (^_^)
    But you have to admit it's improvement over let them be gassed storm. (^____^)
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I am still not buying CoTA but I like what I saw of Storm in the preview. I liked this for the same reason I liked her XoS issue in Marauders. They are finally playing Storm with some edge, some grey areas of moral ambiguity Too often Storm is depicted as a paragon.

Claremont wasn't afraid to be a bit controversial with her. Subsequent writers have played it too safe with her for too long. It's about time they dirty her up a bit again. I honestly don't know if I think she went too far with Cap and the Avengers here. Was she too aggressive? Again I don't know, but I appreciate the ambiguity.
    Preach. At least she didn't blow them out the building with a strong wind.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

But you have to admit it's improvement over let them be gassed storm. (^____^)
    what u mean by gassed storm?

u talking the terrigen mist?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-08-2021 at 01:56 PM.