Page 200 of 772 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300700 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 11576

I'mlwkey wondering if the girl from thunder force who plays the daughter of Octavia character is up for the role of storm or got casted. In her interview those earring she was rocking where def storm earrings. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Happy 200th Page to all you StormWatchers!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'd be happy is Coates' Hadari nonsense is quite ignored and never mentioned ever again.
    As Jwat suggests, if they're (the X-Office) willing to level-up Storm to Godhood then do so via her innate divine connection to Oshtur, and if not, her Omega-ness can be God Mode enough.
    That's true hopefully we get that. I was always under the impression that the godhead was directly tied to her family's connection to oshtur. That was said to be separate from her mutation and was something deeper. But if that is going to be ignored well then...ohk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I get all that but I don't want what Coates gave. He literally tried to bury her in wakanda. Stormegacy as a goddess has nothing to do with wakanda and as her people are toured as the first people predate wakanda. So I don't believe this hadari yaoi stuff. It's canon in wakanda I guess which if they want to worship her too, cool. But ororo is a Kenyan goddess that was born in Harlem.
    Not necessarily the hadari yao stuff but the godhead in particular. The prayer thing is an activation route but I do not think it necessarily makes her stronger but rather brings out the divine power within her. The wakandans call that divine power the hadari yao but it could be something else entirely but still divine. I feel the statement in the latest black panther comics says a lot. She said she sort of replaced the orishas could it be that her godhead is bigger than most gods so eclipses them in power and relevance once activated?

But then again like I said maybe I was just tripping to some the omega is enough. To others it's not. I am in the camp that wants all her aspects explored. This so called mystical heritage the high priestess card, the mystery of her bloodline I want all of it explored. The godhead on its own is a very interesting concept and places her possibly a tier above even the omegas themselves. It will explain why Duggan said she was the omega's omega and the most powerful knull avatar. But I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Not necessarily the hadari yao stuff but the godhead in particular. The prayer thing is an activation route but I do not think it necessarily makes her stronger but rather brings out the divine power within her. The wakandans call that divine power the hadari yao but it could be something else entirely but still divine. I feel the statement in the latest black panther comics says a lot. She said she sort of replaced the orishas could it be that her godhead is bigger than most gods so eclipses them in power and relevance once activated?

But then again like I said maybe I was just tripping to some the omega is enough. To others it's not. I am in the camp that wants all her aspects explored. This so called mystical heritage the high priestess card, the mystery of her bloodline I want all of it explored. The godhead on its own is a very interesting concept and places her possibly a tier above even the omegas themselves. It will explain why Duggan said she was the omega's omega and the most powerful knull avatar. But I digress.
    I agree but I don't want her gift tied to wakanda history I want it tied to her history that already exists if it's going to be acknowledged. Coates didn't want to do that, he wanted to make his story seem more important imo. I want storms godhood to be about her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I agree but I don't want her gift tied to wakanda history I want it tied to her history that already exists if it's going to be acknowledged. Coates didn't want to do that, he wanted to make his story seem more important imo. I want storms godhood to be about her.
    Yh the wakanda thing rubbed me the wrong way too but I feel like at that point I was soo starved for storm content I was willing to compromise on anything especially a story that gives a little information about her lineage.

Yh the wakanda thing rubbed me the wrong way too but I feel like at that point I was soo starved for storm content I was willing to compromise on anything especially a story that gives a little information about her lineage.
    Me too and i was eating it up and ignoring what the BP fans were saying until the issue i felt coates had her actually truly ugly. why have that conversation with nakia. Tchalla was being nothing but a good man to her in that book and i was really buying into it even at the expense of BP fans but in that moment where she made him sound basic despite how he was trying, all the blinders came off. It honestly felt like an Unusual Suspects moment when everything being said just clicked. I still say that's why acuna drew her looking ugly in that scene, because her words were.

Granted though if i'm honest i've pretty much enjoyed all the x content with Storm aside form Xmen gold. That was the first time i probably truly hated an x-story.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's true hopefully we get that. I was always under the impression that the godhead was directly tied to her family's connection to oshtur. That was said to be separate from her mutation and was something deeper. But if that is going to be ignored well then...ohk.
    Though not out-right connected by divine blood the matrilineage is reputed to be highly blessed and favoured. And it's through that favour that Ororo herself seems to have a direct line/connection to the Goddess. Though not as present as Bast usually is for the Wakandans I imagine The Bright Lady watches over Storm and hears her calls.
    This is what rubbed me the wrong way about Coates' direction...He completely ignored both Wakanda's devout connection to Bast and Storm's personal connection to the Goddess to do something different and completely unnecessary.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Some of y'all are wanting Storm to go to Godhood way too fast. It was only a few years ago that she was confirmed OMEGA not even 2 years ago and hasn't even shown us any Omegal level feats yet. Give it some time, geez lol

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Some of y'all are wanting Storm to go to Godhood way too fast. It was only a few years ago that she was confirmed OMEGA not even 2 years ago and hasn't even shown us any Omegal level feats yet. Give it some time, geez lol
    So you came in to stifle our conversation? I didn't see anyone putting a timeframe on what their thoughts were on Storm's history.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The more I think on it...instead of being an outright Goddess herself...I could be quite happy if Storm becomes an avatar for the Goddess, on occasion. I would love to read a story that delved deeper into that history and divine favour.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The more I think on it...instead of being an outright Goddess herself...I could be quite happy if Storm becomes an avatar for the Goddess, on occasion. I would love to read a story that delved deeper into that history and divine favour.
    Either way to me Storm has always and will always be a goddess. I just want her history explored. There is just so much there.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I get all that but I don't want what Coates gave. He literally tried to bury her in wakanda. Storm legacy as a goddess has nothing to do with wakanda and as her people are touted as the first people they predate wakanda. So I don't believe this hadari yaoi stuff. It's canon in wakanda I guess which if they want to worship her too, cool. But ororo is a Kenyan goddess that was born in Harlem.
    her Kenyan tribe believed her to be a silly girl and not a goddess. that isn't correct, she is no Kenyan goddess...

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-10-2021 at 07:10 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    her Kenyan tribe believed her to be a silly girl and not a goddess. that isn't correct, she is no Kenyan goddess...

Eh that can be changed just as easily as Coates changed Wakdanda's history.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Also she is one woman, she does not speak for all of kenya or all of ororo's worshippers. Unless of course you are also saying one person from your country speaks for all of you.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.