Page 226 of 772 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326726 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    All the little hints seem to point towards Storm creating a deep space exploration mission. Maybe making Mars their homebase.

And sadly I don't think Hickman and co. are all that interested in exploring her godhood at least not powerwise. But hey I could be wrong.
    yes it is a shame. I would agree I do not think they are interested in telling that aspect of her character either.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes it is a shame. I would agree I do not think they are interested in telling that aspect of her character either.
    I came to grips with this. I do not think this will be explored in hickman's era of x-men or even the xbooks. And as sad as that is it makes sense. Unless she is given a solo to explore these themes she will not be given that indepth exploration into her lineage and her bloodline. The xbooks are sadly a bit too summer-wolverine oriented for that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'd say this X-era and HiX-Man's writing in general is plot-driven and not character-driven. And as such, spending time and effort and pages developing individual characters to the extent that we are asking of Storm...(and Jean, and Scott, and everybody's personal favourite)...will detract from "the plan/schedule". It's not like in the old days where a writer has unlimited amount of time to tell an unending series of stories about these characters...not even Claremont was given that, in the end.

It's not that they can't insert moments of depth and development and exploration...just that it's not going to be to the depth and breadth of what some might wish and hope for.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'd say this X-era and HiX-Man's writing in general is plot-driven and not character-driven. And as such, spending time and effort and pages developing individual characters to the extent that we are asking of Storm...(and Jean, and Scott, and everybody's personal favourite)...will detract from "the plan/schedule". It's not like in the old days where a writer has unlimited amount of time to tell an unending series of stories about these characters...not even Claremont was given that, in the end.

It's not that they can't insert moments of depth and development and exploration...just that it's not going to be to the depth and breadth of what some might wish and hope for.
    On that I will disagree why? Because some books though plot driven develop certain charachters the marauder book is a kate and friends show and fleshed her out a bit more, cable does so for cable and wolverine doesn't have charachter development because his charachter at this point has as much potential as a withered plant. Scott and jean got some powerful charachter moments during x of swords particularly jean and apocalypse had that entire event to himself. What I am saying is if a writer cares enough they will squeeze growth into the story regardless of weather it's pot driven or not. The problem I think with storm is that aside claremont I don't think anyone actually cares about the chatcher deeply as he does the closest being Coates. I suspected this at first but this line has confirmed it for me I see Storm's omega confirmation as a way to keep her massive fanbase engaged, whoow look she is not only an omega which is important but also a QC member and the resurrection leader announcer whatever. The only books that focus on her are mediocre at best. I have been with the school of thought that storm needs to leave the x-men for a while and nothing confirms that more than this line. Jean is back so obviously they will pick her development over storm's. It's weird to mention but it's true. I mean we have redheads existing million years ago all to make way for jean to have another connection to the phoenix. I think storm needs to go to a solo writer someone who understands the charachter I don't think vita does they write her as arrogant and a bit full of a herself which she isnt if you know the charachter she suffers from great insecurity especially in her early years. The x-men is a soap opera and in soap operas the romantic leads are well given priority over everyone else. And in this case said leads are jean and scott. I really doubt what they have in store for Storm will wow me in any capacity hopefully some decent feats but aside that I do not think it will be anything revolutionary. Well might as well go reread all of claremont's storm stories they are the best it's gonna get for a long while.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 04-25-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Present for the thread...
    Attachment 108904

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Attachment 108904
    Thats beautiful. The purple compliments her.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted sun View Post
    Thats beautiful. The purple compliments her.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I agree, i use purple for her lips and eyeshadow quite often.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'll repeat...

Kitty's development in Marauders and Jean and Scott's in XoS are character driven via the plot, yes, but certainly not on the scale or depth or level as exploring Storm's history and divine connections. And Goddess forbid, an X-writer half-asses that, because they have a greater story to consider...the vitriol! This thread will never hear the end of it.

Ideally, the best place to explore such a theme would be a Storm limited series. Where the focus is entirely on her, as it should be for that topic. But really, I think only Storm-fans (not even X-fans in general) are interested in that story.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Attachment 108904
    nice. looks like she is ready to hit the town.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Just let the people speulate in an appreciation thread. This is something i really try to do. Not every response in a thread needs to have water thrown on them. Is it really worth it.

I mean granted i'm not immune i've found myself about to post and signing out many a times. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'll repeat...

Kitty's development in Marauders and Jean and Scott's in XoS are character driven via the plot, yes, but certainly not on the scale or depth or level as exploring Storm's history and divine connections. And Goddess forbid, an X-writer half-asses that, because they have a greater story to consider...the vitriol! This thread will never hear the end of it.

Ideally, the best place to explore such a theme would be a Storm limited series. Where the focus is entirely on her, as it should be for that topic. But really, I think only Storm-fans (not even X-fans in general) are interested in that story.
    Oh well, at least we have fan fictions thank God. Any of you talented authors on this thread can do us a favour and develop storms story with her lineage and all. Sometimes you have to bring the mountain to Mohammed.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    nice. looks like she is ready to hit the town.
    She does! She’s so beautiful, one of my favourite subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I came to grips with this. I do not think this will be explored in hickman's era of x-men or even the xbooks. And as sad as that is it makes sense. Unless she is given a solo to explore these themes she will not be given that indepth exploration into her lineage and her bloodline. The xbooks are sadly a bit too summer-wolverine oriented for that.
    you are absolutely right. the xoffices stated they had big plans for her but the summer is almost here and yet we still know nothing. I know writers are not obligated to acknowledge necessarily what another writer has done for a character but considering this development was so meaningful its frustrating that they wouldn't attempt to add some of this to whatever plans they have for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Attachment 108904
    gorgeous honey!! thank you for sharing.

here's a present from aipt:

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    gorgeous honey!! thank you for sharing.

here's a present from aipt:

OMG that is stunning. Wow. You rarely see that imagery of Storm.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.