Page 227 of 772 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237277327727 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,405 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    OMG that is stunning. Wow. You rarely see that imagery of Storm.
    yes she's typically all frowning and stone faced. its nice just to see her smile!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

in other news black panther delayed again. this is starting to piss me off.

https://www.gamesradar.com/ta-nehisi...layed-a-month/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Smiling Storm is avatar-worthy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Smiling Storm is avatar-worthy.
    it truly is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    in other news black panther delayed again. this is starting to piss me off.

https://www.gamesradar.com/ta-nehisi...layed-a-month/
    Wow. This should already have been written, drawn, and colored so the delay must be for something else. wow.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Present for the thread...
    Attachment 108904
    That's dope, love the depiction of Ororo's hair.

Wow. This should already have been written, drawn, and colored so the delay must be for something else. wow.
    yea I dont understand why the continual delays. it makes no sense for a book that has already been completed.

yea I dont understand why the continual delays. it makes no sense for a book that has already been completed.
    The only positive i can think is pushing back the release a month delays the trade release a month or so which since they are switching publishers and the new distributor is a black woman who is a big fan of BP it could mean better print ratio, into the hands of more people. I mean no good for me, but maybe good for you. lol But for me it could also mean a bigger push for the relaunch since, again supposedly she is a big BP fan. There was an article about her let me see if i can find it.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tyne...-random-house/

So from a business standpoint it could mean big things but it could mean nothing. But the potential is there.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-26-2021 at 11:06 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ideally, the best place to explore such a theme would be a Storm limited series. Where the focus is entirely on her, as it should be for that topic. But really, I think only Storm-fans (not even X-fans in general) are interested in that story.
    Storm-bias aside, I think objectively speaking Storm has a lot of potential for solo adventures. She has connections to street level heroes and Harlem through her dad’s side, she has somewhat unexplored mystical roots through her mother’s side, she’s interesting visually, she has a versatile powerset, and as previously discussed on this thread I’m sure there’s some story to tell about her identity as a black woman. I think the main challenge of writing a Storm series would be finding villains that can challenge her because she’s so powerful (but hey Superman does it on a monthly basis so it must be possible).
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 04-26-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Storm-bias aside, I think objectively speaking Storm has a lot of potential for solo adventures. She has connections to street level heroes and Harlem through her dad’s side, she has somewhat unexplored mystical roots through her mother’s side, she’s interesting visually, she has a versatile powerset, and as previously discussed on this thread I’m sure there’s some story to tell about her identity as a black woman. I think the main challenge of writing a Storm series would be finding villains that can challenge her because she’s so powerful (but he Superman does it on a monthly basis so it must be possible).
    Oh absolutely! I just don't know if any XM writers are currently thinking of her in those terms. at the moment. The X-Office as a group seem to be heavily invested in HiX-Man's direction and story which so far doesn't leave much room for such grand, focused, solo-character development.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-26-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The only positive i can think is pushing back the release a month delays the trade release a month or so which since they are switching publishers and the new distributor is a black woman who is a big fan of BP it could mean better print ratio, into the hands of more people. I mean no good for me, but maybe good for you. lol But for me it could also mean a bigger push for the relaunch since, again supposedly she is a big BP fan. There was an article about her let me see if i can find it.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/tyne...-random-house/

So from a business standpoint it could mean big things but it could mean nothing. But the potential is there.
    ong that would be awesome if a black woman was allowed to write the next BP series. I would love love love it! im sure she wouldn't write him as vita did in the xbooks. thanks for that heads up!.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Storm-bias aside, I think objectively speaking Storm has a lot of potential for solo adventures. She has connections to street level heroes and Harlem through her dad’s side, she has somewhat unexplored mystical roots through her mother’s side, she’s interesting visually, she has a versatile powerset, and as previously discussed on this thread I’m sure there’s some story to tell about her identity as a black woman. I think the main challenge of writing a Storm series would be finding villains that can challenge her because she’s so powerful (but he Superman does it on a monthly basis so it must be possible).
    agreed to this 100%. storm has tge potential to be just as big as ww is for DC but the xoffices don't think big when it comes to these potential stories. like who on earth there would think readers after everything Coates has done to develop the character would want to read about her mentoring some no name z list potential mutants ? give her a corner of the mu with her own rogues with god-tier level villains. she could be, as a part if her pantheon, fighting to preserve the balance on earth, as well as being the earths literal ultimate protector, while fighting to protect mutants and humans alike.

BANNED

ong that would be awesome if a black woman was allowed to write the next BP series. I would love love love it! im sure she wouldn't write him as vita did in the xbooks. thanks for that heads up!.

to me.

agreed to this 100%. storm has tge potential to be just as big as ww is for DC but the xoffices don't think big when it comes to these potential stories. like who on earth there would think readers after everything Coates has done to develop the character would want to read about her mentoring some no name z list potential mutants ? give her a corner of the mu with her own rogues with god-tier level villains. she could be, as a part if her pantheon, fighting to preserve the balance on earth, as well as being the earths literal ultimate protector, while fighting to protect mutants and humans alike.
    You really despise these children huh. Well can't blame you it feels to mammy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    You really despise these children huh. Well can't blame you it feels to mammy to me.
    I dont despise them but I think Ororo is bigger than being a babysitter. Get Jean or Emma or Kitty doing that. Ororo is a goddess but the xmen just loves to pull her down to those stereotypical "mammie" roles of yesterday when she became Kitty surrogate mother during the early days of xmen. I want her saving the planet, fighting cosmic beings testing her newfound Godhead abilities.

BANNED

you are absolutely right. the xoffices stated they had big plans for her but the summer is almost here and yet we still know nothing. I know writers are not obligated to acknowledge necessarily what another writer has done for a character but considering this development was so meaningful its frustrating that they wouldn't attempt to add some of this to whatever plans they have for her.
    Yep exactly that's why I want a fan fic writer to do something inventive with the godhead and her lineage and lore. I mean if they won't give us what we want we might as well create it for ourselves. Like I said sometimes you have to bring the mountain to Mohammed.

Mighty Member

I kind of think that it's more likely we get a good Storm movie/tv series at Marvel, before a comic. When that happens then they'll finally push a regular solo book in the comics.