Page 233 of 772 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243283333733 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    well i just get the impression that Storm will do a lot more than say "Goddess" and then shoot some lightning at this event. IIRC he said he was a Storm fan in some of those X-monday articles.
    Sorry but I don't know that person ... Guggen who?
    Exactly. lol. guggen who? i'm not going to hold current x-writers responsible for past writers and mandate. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think a lot of writers claim to be Storm fans or that they enjoy the character because there would be too much backlash if they admitted that they werenÂ’t fans and that she was the teamÂ’s token.
    this all of this. storm is mostly included as a "glorified" token. there is no way as a fan of hers would write her shooting only lightning or having her say she needs weather to use her powers. I dont buy it.

I still don't know him.
    [ insert Mariah Carey gif]

**dead** lolol my bad I don't know him either lol

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yay you found the page i was talking about lol. With Jean and Storm and storm's empathic connection to earth.

why were you looking for this page? lol

Exactly. lol. guggen who? i'm not going to hold current x-writers responsible for past writers and mandate. lol
    truthfully though even most of the current xwriters have her mainly using lightning. there were some notable exceptions mainly the marauders issue where Duggan had her manipulating water and that lightning punch but lightning is still utilized 98% of the time.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Thanks for answering me. The bottom scan is from the Curse of the Man thing story.
    And I love how Thor said making a storm to cover the earth would test his might. But we already know our Goddess can actually accomplished said feat.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Thanks for answering me. The bottom scan is from the Curse of the Man thing story.
    And I love how Thor said making a storm to cover the earth would test his might. But we already know our Goddess can actually accomplished said feat.
    yes I caught that shade too. it further proves knull was spot on when he said storm was his most powerful avatar lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this all of this. storm is mostly included as a "glorified" token. there is no way as a fan of hers would write her shooting only lightning or having her say she needs weather to use her powers. I dont buy it.

**dead** lolol my bad I don't know him either lol

why were you looking for this page? lol
    it was a post in this thread a while ago where i was mentioning Storm talking about her empathic connection to earth and jean comparing it in a way to how she is connected with minds. i keep like no receipts. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

it was a post in this thread a while ago where i was mentioning Storm talking about her empathic connection to earth and jean comparing it in a way to how she is connected with minds. i keep like no receipts. lol
    babe if u don't keep the receipts it didn't happen 4 sum. that's funny I could provide especially considering I dont recall reading that exchange lol

babe if u don't keep the receipts it didn't happen 4 sum. that's funny I could provide especially considering I dont recall reading that exchange lol
    it's just not worth it to me. For me i like to post here and it makes me feel like talking comics with my friends when i was kid but like then when i get bored i move on. lol. It's just not worth it to me to prove anything to anybody when in a selfish way i'm here to fill the geek side of me that loves comics and the part of me that loves healthy debate not go down a sink hole of negativity. sometimes i fall victim but i try not to.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

it's just not worth it to me. For me i like to post here and it makes me feel like talking comics with my friends when i was kid but like then when i get bored i move on. lol. It's just not worth it to me to prove anything to anybody when in a selfish way i'm here to fill the geek side of me that loves comics and the part of me that loves healthy debate not go down a sink hole of negativity. sometimes i fall victim but i try not to.
    I understand that perspective. I only really picked up that habit after debating on toxic battle threads. storm fans were typically ridiculed for making stuff up so to stop trolls and distractors providing scans were most effective. though even with scans some will still go through mental gymnastics to invalidate her feats.

lololol. that is all some writers thinks she can do.

Guggenheim was a xwriter who said he was a fan of storms and personally told me he finds it difficult writing her do much beyond wind and lightning. he also said a lot if powers particularly the parts about her energy sight (and thus her ability to manipulate energy) is a retcon. having that convo explained what we ultimately got in xmen gold but the scary thin was he mentioned he was a storm fan.

Seriously? STFD.

Isn’t part of a writer’s job supposed to be research the character and the character’s abilities so that they can write them intimately? At least for me, this is my mark of a good writer versus a poor uncreative hack.

A great writer, imho, would do the research and weave together fantastical out of this world situations to test the character’s mettle and surprise the bejeebus out of everyone with unexpected feats and endeavours.

Maybe I am expecting too much?

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Seriously? STFD.

Isn’t part of a writer’s job supposed to be research the character and the character’s abilities so that they can write them intimately? At least for me, this is my mark of a good writer versus a poor uncreative hack.

A great writer, imho, would do the research and weave together fantastical out of this world situations to test the character’s mettle and surprise the bejeebus out of everyone with unexpected feats and endeavours.

Maybe I am expecting too much?
    serious as a heart attack. he was signing issues of the wedding issue of xmen gold between what we thought was kitty and colossus so I took that opportunity to go meet with him in person.

believe it or not, he was well-versed on her canon he just felt most of her upper end feats were retcons not truly a part of her skill set. to me it defintely came across that he believed her to be solely a weather manipulator who required an open atmosphere to utilize her powers.

however, I do agree with you that research coupled with living one's opinion aside and relying on canon as a guide is critical to the success of any writer. I think the latter is what has doomed storm over the years. writers are aware of vlaremonts work; however, their opinion is that she shouldn't be this powerful. look at how Byrne handled storm having doom running scared luke a puppy between its leg during doomwar. its tge perfect example of how a writer's opinion can dilute a character's ability even when aware of canon. that said, I do not think you expecting too much. writers owe it to the readers to at least do that part.

thank you for the synopsis. I read it and honestly it seemed all over the place to me. I'm going give it a could more issues but I wasn't impressed with that first issue.
    I really liked it. I am sorry to hear that you didn't fully enjoy it! Yeah, it was a bit chaotic, but around Hickman writing, it is kinda normal for me at least. Somewhere in the middle, you start to get that you are looking at three different points of time, and at the end, you get to the good part. I hope issue 2, brings even more to the table.

You know what now that you bring that up it actually makes it look a little more sinister. A 12 year old who just escaped being raped by a white man might very well feel more comfortable around an older black teen who looked like her. I mean that is definitely a traumatic experience so perhaps love had nothing to do with it. Never really thought about it before.
    I will seriously not comment on that, because I am tired of this topic going back and forward, and no one stepping back. I would just point out that even if this is a huge strange thing for you, someone losing their virginity on 12 years, it is something common in the real world, even if not so common in the USA... the world is too big to judge on that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

------------------------------------------------

I don't know how I feel about this preview, I have honestly mixed feelings about that. I mean, how is Storm suppose to go to the stars if she has to deal with the ecosystem of Earth? This was the first question that popped up in my mind. Or is it just a one-time event, that happens shortly before her adventure in space?

As far as the Thor summoning a storm around the world, I honestly hope Storm will kick in and surprise him by summoning one, herself and showing him that it is possible and how fragile Earth's atmospheric system can be and her full mastery of it. I think that would be a good cross over.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I really liked it. I am sorry to hear that you didn't fully enjoy it! Yeah, it was a bit chaotic, but around Hickman writing, it is kinda normal for me at least. Somewhere in the middle, you start to get that you are looking at three different points of time, and at the end, you get to the good part. I hope issue 2, brings even more to the table.

I will seriously not comment on that, because I am tired of this topic going back and forward, and no one stepping back. I would just point out that even if this is a huge strange thing for you, someone losing their virginity on 12 years, it is something common in the real world, even if not so common in the USA... the world is too big to judge on that alone.

I don't know how I feel about this preview, I have honestly mixed feelings about that. I mean, how is Storm suppose to go to the stars if she has to deal with the ecosystem of Earth? This was the first question that popped up in my mind. Or is it just a one-time event, that happens shortly before her adventure in space?

As far as the Thor summoning a storm around the world, I honestly hope Storm will kick in and surprise him by summoning one, herself and showing him that it is possible and how fragile Earth's atmospheric system can be and her full mastery of it. I think that would be a good cross over.
    its ok. I'm gonna give it at least two more issues to see exactly how storm is involved.

I think this man thing story is before she is set up to go to space. you know its interesting but remember how she was called to go to Kenya when she was a young girl? I'm starting to see a slight parallel to her suddenly being called to the stars. also they hsve those krakoa plants and Manifold. she could be back on earth any time it required her to be there.

Fantastic Member

serious as a heart attack. he was signing issues of the wedding issue of xmen gold between what we thought was kitty and colossus so I took that opportunity to go meet with him in person.

believe it or not, he was well-versed on her canon he just felt most of her upper end feats were retcons not truly a part of her skill set. to me it defintely came across that he believed her to be solely a weather manipulator who required an open atmosphere to utilize her powers.

however, I do agree with you that research coupled with living one's opinion aside and relying on canon as a guide is critical to the success of any writer. I think the latter is what has doomed storm over the years. writers are aware of vlaremonts work; however, their opinion is that she shouldn't be this powerful. look at how Byrne handled storm having doom running scared luke a puppy between its leg during doomwar. its tge perfect example of how a writer's opinion can dilute a character's ability even when aware of canon. that said, I do not think you expecting too much. writers owe it to the readers to at least do that part.

Smh It’s just not right. Why claim Storm to be retconned of all people?. It’s very distasteful and disrespectful to Lein Wein and Claremont who established her character from the beginning as a GODDESS and MASTER of Elements. She’s not some inexperienced one trick pony. She’s an Omega Level mutant with FULL control over her powers. I don’t understand why they would want to take away from instead of improving her portrayal. She has endured years of neglect from writers and is STILL one of the most popular characters on the Marvel roster. I don’t know if it’s racism or sexism, or maybe both but it’s frustrating.

That writer either doesn’t understand what “Weather” is or just doesn’t want to admit that Storm is one of the most powerful characters on the planet. Within the atmosphere, very complex chemical, thermodynamic, and fluid dynamics effects occur. The atmosphere is not uniform; fluid properties are constantly changing with time and location. We call this change the weather. So basically she’s an energy manipulator of fluid mediums or substances, with a specialty with air because of its low density & high fluidity. Her power’s wouldn’t make any sense otherwise.

When people say her manipulating Water doesn’t make sense because it’s not weather they misunderstand that all weather is is just the conditions of the atmosphere. And the atmosphere is literally a fluid substance. So if she has mastered her control over air, all she has to do is dig a little deeper to control the energy patterns of water as well.

You know what else is a fluid? The Sun! Is a gigantic ball of hot ionized gas also known as Plasma. Now this contains even more energy and is less dense than even air so it should be even easier for her to manipulate. So that galactic core feat was well within her powerset. She literally channeled the radiant energy and plasma from millions of stars. THAT’S what you call Omega Level Weather Manipulation.
    Last edited by Idiopop; 04-29-2021 at 09:12 PM.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

BANNED

We are just going to have to agree to disagree because i don't think there was anything classy about it. Especially the rewriting of her history and having a twelve year old having sex and i know people in other countries may do that but this is an american book and they would have never done that story to a 12 year old white girl.
    Yh we just have to. I also don't see the classiness in the whole virginity thing it strikes me as tacky. Like I am sorry but did I need to know that she lost her virginity at 12? how about rather than giving us unnenerving information about her sex life, marvel should give us info about her lineage. Her godhood you know? Things that are relevant to the greater plot. Like what am I or any other storm fan supposed to do with "lose virginity at 12"

exactly! storm when written at her most ideal would fight for all life, whether human or mutant. Constantly fighting evil mutants didn't stop her desire to protect mutants. The same would be true for humanity.

I disagree with the first part. I dont see how anyone could conclude her ties with wakanda has been a drag for her when the franchise gave her the biggest development arc in recent years she's had and she was a supporting character. what exactly has the xbooks done to develop her character in recent years? Let's see.

-worked with her mortal enemy to be on a team led by kitty
    -infected by a technovirus
    -eroded krakoa/wakanda diplomacy for a made up sword she didn't need
    -garnered a favor from shiar
    -babysitting possible unknown mutant kids and strained ties with another superhero team
    Well I didn't say the x books are any better now did I? But saying that black panther books gives her development is murky at best, I mean what is the development we have from there she has godhood. Which is not a surprise for what it implies but was much more interesting because of how it was handled with the godhead bloodline concept. But aside that what else? That's why I believe I and most if not all storm fans want her to get a solo or at least an x team book focusing on her centrally. Because these concepts needs to be explored they are to universe shattering. I am also in the team that believes the x-men are also holding her back not just wakanda. I mean if she is not battling an army she is over on the island being a mom and I am like *\0/*, you literally have an omega level mutant goddess in the flesh and she is there collecting dust and deliberating on issues that are mostly not even worth deliberating about . I just believe storm is more than wakanda hell she is not even from there how about we explore her in her actually home country kenya for a change.

im.glad you're happy. I like the potential as it truly does look promising but I'm cautiously optimistic. I was happy going in to XoS but was let down tremendously. so I will wait to see what the X-offices deliver. I hope it's good..
    Say it! Cautiously optimistic. They have done so before and disappointed greatly I don't think their train of though is the same as we her fans when they say big story coming up but we would wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    The X-Men are a team. Multiple people could use their powers in creative ways to do other mutants can do. No need for one person to do it all and I like that they are using certain mutants and playing to their strengths. Like you, I am interested in the both books.
    Exactly why that solo is needed like ten years ago.

honestly in most of the times I don't even bother whether Storm is doing it all by herself or not but in this event in special they could give to Storm the whole cake (yes I can be ambitious sometimes lol) since she would be one of the MVPs along with Magik for what i seen in these dialogues and since this threat is a Magic and Elementar threat it would be a great opportunity to explore Storm magical potential and her elemental powers together in a creative way but even if it doesn’t happen we’ll probably have a well written Storm next week lol.
    Exactly why we need a solo*\0/**\0/**\0/*

found the other scan from preview that says thre are fires plaguing the planet. Thor is thinking of creating a world wide storm to put it out:

krakoa may not get involved but I would be surprised if storm still opted not to do anything especially considering her link to the planet:

I think it is here that storm is going to prove why she the strongest weather manipulator in marvel by creating and controlling a worldwide storm. The ball is literally just there by the hole all they have to do is blow on it seriously it is sooo easy to just do that, like they can easily do this. ...
    But I suppose they won't if we go by track record.

I understand that perspective. I only really picked up that habit after debating on toxic battle threads. storm fans were typically ridiculed for making stuff up so to stop trolls and distractors providing scans were most effective. though even with scans some will still go through mental gymnastics to invalidate her feats.
    Yh like currently there is an ignoramus on comic vine stating that human torch is more versatile than storm....smh like I just can't any more.

Please which issue was that in doom war I wanna read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Smh It’s just not right. Why claim Storm to be retconned of all people?. It’s very distasteful and disrespectful to Lein Wein and Claremont who established her character from the beginning as a GODDESS and MASTER of Elements. She’s not some inexperienced one trick pony. She’s an Omega Level mutant with FULL control over her powers. I don’t understand why they would want to take away from instead of improving her portrayal. She has endured years of neglect from writers and is STILL one of the most popular characters on the Marvel roster. I don’t know if it’s racism or sexism, or maybe both but it’s frustrating.

That writer either doesn’t understand what “Weather” is or just doesn’t want to admit that Storm is one of the most powerful characters on the planet. Within the atmosphere, very complex chemical, thermodynamic, and fluid dynamics effects occur. The atmosphere is not uniform; fluid properties are constantly changing with time and location. We call this change the weather. So basically she’s an energy manipulator of fluid mediums or substances, with a specialty with air because of its low density & high fluidity. Her power’s wouldn’t make any sense otherwise.

When people say her manipulating Water doesn’t make sense because it’s not weather they misunderstand that all weather is is just the conditions of the atmosphere. And the atmosphere is literally a fluid substance. So if she has mastered her control over air, all she has to do is dig a little deeper to control the energy patterns of water as well.

You know what else is a fluid? The Sun! Is a gigantic ball of hot ionized gas also known as Plasma. Now this contains even more energy and is less dense than even air so it should be even easier for her to manipulate. So that galactic core feat was well within her powerset. She literally channeled the radiant energy and plasma from millions of stars. THAT’S what you call Omega Level Weather Manipulation.
    Agreed to the entirety of this post. Ororo's abilities are simple. Claremont explained it many moons ago: