Page 239 of 772 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249289339739 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 11576

I think Storm will begin her own team. The fact that neither Storm nor Logan are on the upcoming X-Men team is a bit of an obvious absence. I don't know who all will join them but I sense Uncanny's going to get relaunched.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    haven't read the issues yet but will give my thoughts when I do
    Hurry we need to discuss the man thing

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Hurry we need to discuss the man thing
    I know I can't get to comic store right now ugh.

have you read the issues yet?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    I feel like Storm was pretty present in the series. Certainly not as much as Kitty and Emma, but she's definitely done way more than Iceman, Pyro, and Bishop. She had three focus issues (#13, #17, #20), a big part in #14-15 for X of Swords, and a big part in the Kitty resurrection storyline, especially #8. Especially given the fact that Duggan has said he was limited with what he could do with Storm while she was shared with the BP office that's pretty good. Compared to Bishop who has had a few good moments, Pyro who has had like three scenes, and Iceman who has done literally nothing in 20 issues, that's pretty good.
    yea storm definitely has gotten more love than iceman, pyro and bishop but I must say I'm happy she is leaving the team.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I feel like Storm was pretty present in the series. Certainly not as much as Kitty and Emma, but she's definitely done way more than Iceman, Pyro, and Bishop. She had three focus issues (#13, #17, #20), a big part in #14-15 for X of Swords, and a big part in the Kitty resurrection storyline, especially #8. Especially given the fact that Duggan has said he was limited with what he could do with Storm while she was shared with the BP office that's pretty good. Compared to Bishop who has had a few good moments, Pyro who has had like three scenes, and Iceman who has done literally nothing in 20 issues, that's pretty good.
    I would definitely agree with this assessment.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

The truth is as I said it wasn't even an issue storm is a very big presence. If she is even cameo. So yh she was integral to the marauders and their biggest gun. and from the data pages a lot of interesting things went down and I am like why am I reading hellfire politics when I can know what happened in angola. How did storm persuade people without storms well we saw one but in what other ways. Why is her dagger game soo highly anticipated what did she do with them. But like emma stated storm doesn't even need them and I mean the omega of omegas carry daggers is ridiculous but that's part of who she is, her quirk. I just love her soo much

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    From your mouth. lol. I also loved how if you look at the issue of Cure of the ManThing: X-men it really sets storm's status in the MU which felt good. They had tchalla thank bast. They had thor and storm recognize each other as gods in their own right, thunder and storm. It was very low key subliminal but they cut a clear line imo where she is. this is what SHE brought to the table without the "status" people think she need. This is the storm i want to see, if i want romance i'll buy a romance novel. But again that is just me, the last thing i buy a comic for is romance.

Though that's not to say i can't enjoy it.
    Like when she said that I was just floored. Thor us the god of thunder but storm is the god of storm. She was teaching him how to move the storm yo get the effect they needed. I suspect she needs him because he will have no ecological consequence whilst hers will.

BANNED

yea storm definitely has gotten more love than iceman, pyro and bishop but I must say I'm happy she is leaving the team.
    So they can shine. I mean they dulled her down and she still out shine so that's a thing

Astonishing Member

Me too. But I agree with jwatson and others that Dugan did an acceptable job with the character. He’s been pretty open about the restrictions he had due to Storm being used by Coates but I think he gave her moments. Especially when you remember this book is really about Kitty and Emma. Storm was never gonna be a strong pick for this team, she’s not locked into the dynamics and history of the Hellfire Club, which is also why the men on the team are suffering too.

But Duggan gave us stuff like the knife fighting, the reverence other characters have for Ororo, and her relationship with Callisto, all of which were welcomed. If we look exclusively at the X-office he’s done some of the strongest work with her even though the bar is in on the floor lol. Can’t say I’ll miss her on the team but he didn’t crap on Ororo the way far too many writers have and that’s good enough knowing that Hickman has more relevant plans for her character. Looking forward to her potential cosmic journey.

BANNED

I know I can't get to comic store right now ugh.

have you read the issues yet?
    I read the marauder issue but I didn't get man thing but Jwatson filled me in on Storm's important deletes and it was glorious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Me too. But I agree with jwatson and others that Dugan did an acceptable job with the character. He’s been pretty open about the restrictions he had due to Storm being used by Coates but I think he gave her moments. Especially when you remember this book is really about Kitty and Emma. Storm was never gonna be a strong pick for this team, she’s not locked into the dynamics and history of the Hellfire Club, which is also why the men on the team are suffering too.

But Duggan gave us stuff like the knife fighting, the reverence other characters have for Ororo, and her relationship with Callisto, all of which were welcomed. If we look exclusively at the X-office he’s done some of the strongest work with her even though the bar is in on the floor lol. Can’t say I’ll miss her on the team but he didn’t crap on Ororo the way far too many writers have and that’s good enough knowing that Hickman has more relevant plans for her character. Looking forward to her potential cosmic journey.
    Perfectly said

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So they can shine. I mean they dulled her down and she still out shine so that's a thing
    yes its defintely a good thing for the other characters unless of course they replace her with another character.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I think there is some misunderstanding here. Duggan mentioned they were waiting to tell their stories for storm as a courtesy to coates but everything they wanted to do regarding her was already mapped out when Coates first began writing her. What he was doing in BP didn't impact the story they were going to tell as it already been determined.

In honor of an amazing Storm day for me. Attachment 109258 Today i felt the shift in the winds.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think there is some misunderstanding here. Duggan mentioned they were waiting to tell their stories for storm as a courtesy to coates but everything they wanted to do regarding her was already mapped out when Coates first began writing her. What he was doing in BP didn't impact the story they were going to tell as it already been determined.
    There was no misunderstanding that is what duggan said and has been implied before but people were glossing over it. The hudlin deal was still in place and so BP could pull Storm when they wanted. It was even talked about in this thread and glossed over. That is one of the main reasons it annoys me because if the BP office wanted it to work why could they put Storm in crew but not make her own book. But whatever, it's over no need for me to cross that bridge again.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.