Page 240 of 772 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250290340740 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There was no misunderstanding that is what duggan said and has been implied before but people were glossing over it. The hudlin deal was still in place and so BP could pull Storm when they wanted. It was even talked about in this thread and glossed over. That is one of the main reasons it annoys me because if the BP office wanted it to work why could they put Storm in crew but not make her own book. But whatever, it's over no need for me to cross that bridge again.
    Could you show me this.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Could you show me this.
    You can go look if you like. I don't do receipts unless i provide them. ^_^
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

You can go look if you like. I don't do receipts unless i provide them. ^_^
    Where would one get this info.

Where would one get this info.
    Google i would assume. A lot of the stuff was from articles over the years and deals regarding the BP animation and all that stuff so good luck compiling the research. Sure doesn't matter enough for me to do so, x-books fire now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

So below is my review for both issues (one really isn't a review)

Marauders 20
    spoilers:
    All I can do is smile. This issue was by far my most favorite of all the Marauders issue and it was the perfect send-off story.

The team essentially are all recounting their favorite Storm moments and her importance to the team.

Pyro recounts how Storm was able to save a young mutant Indian girl named Lash without "setting anyone on fire" to do it. She used her knife only (which led to a discussion on how many blades does storm have on her person). She also used her powers to grab Lash energy whip using her powers. That was pretty cute.

Bishop then recounts a memory in Angola where he was able to use Storm’s name only to scare several rebels into standing down. He refers to her as a goddess in this exchange.

Iceman then goes through how she was able to convince Hatemonger to convert from hating mutants through fists and words.

Callisto states she can recall many moments but the one that mattered most was when she fought her during the Crucible where she fought to regain her powers.

Emma's insight was one of the more interesting ones. She mentioned Storms physical rebuke is one that has a lasting effect on the body but also the mind. and though at the end of it all she still offers her hand (allowing grace/forgiveness). It was a very powerful moment.

Kitty's recounts was the funniest. Ororo repairs her nose she had broke early on in the series and stated if kitty didn't like the results she was sure emma knew a great plastic surgeon lol the shade lol.

The dinner ends with it being revealed storm keeps on her 8 blades. Is there a significance to that number? Probably not lol but something im just throwing out there.

Overall it was a wonderful issue and recommend picking it up.
    end of spoilers

Man-Thing
    spoilers:
    just talking about the storm bits. she and thor work together to disperse the global fear spores. It is here she refers to herself as the Storm God and Ironman states it was through her efforts the stubborn avengers could work alongside her and Magik to save the planet. This I thought was an accurate nod to her diplomatic abilities and highlighted why I thought her characterization in COTA was so off. Her depiction in man thing demonstrates what makes her a great leader
    end of spoilers
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

There was no misunderstanding that is what duggan said and has been implied before but people were glossing over it. The hudlin deal was still in place and so BP could pull Storm when they wanted. It was even talked about in this thread and glossed over. That is one of the main reasons it annoys me because if the BP office wanted it to work why could they put Storm in crew but not make her own book. But whatever, it's over no need for me to cross that bridge again.
    I have several tweets from Duggan himself where he stated exactly what I said. I will see if I can find those as I think receipts are more effective in making my point lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Could you show me this.
    I’m pretty sure Coates took precedence on Storm’s character because he had dibs over Duggan, not because the BP office has some long standing deal that they control her character that lasts after the marriage had ended. The X-books were treading water and wasn’t doing anything of note with the character, Coates was probably like “I wanna give her some BP lovin’ again, won’t take too long”, and never gave her back lol.

But then Hickman comes along and starts charting out a new direction for the X-books and Duggan’s probably thinking “I’ll let Coates finish up his story, shouldn’t take more than an arc before she’s fully mine.” COVID hits, the BP sales are in the toilet, book’s on hiatus, ROX is on the way and Hickman needs Storm back for his story soon.

Hence Marauders #13 and why Storm became more prominent in the book after that issue and XOS. I don’t think Duggan had to be as giving with Storm as he was, but I think out of courtesy as a fellow writer he didn’t wanna force Coates to write her out his story since he was writing her first and she was a major character in the BP solo.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I have several tweets from Duggan himself where he stated exactly what I said. I will see if I can find those as I think receipts are more effective in making my point lol
    Cool let me be the first to say don't waste your time though. I mean if you need to convince others thats cool or as back up whatever but it won't really change my mind. Too much energy living in the past. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I’m pretty sure Coates took precedence on Storm’s character because he had dibs over Duggan, not because the BP office has some long standing deal that they control her character that lasts after the marriage had ended. The X-books were treading water and wasn’t doing anything of note with the character, Coates was probably like “I wanna give her some BP lovin’ again, won’t take too long”, and never gave her back lol.

But then Hickman comes along and starts charting out a new direction for the X-books and Duggan’s probably thinking “I’ll let Coates finish up his story, shouldn’t take more than an arc before she’s fully mine.” COVID hits, the BP sales are in the toilet, book’s on hiatus, ROX is on the way and Hickman needs Storm back for his story soon.

Hence Marauders #13 and why Storm became more prominent in the book after that issue and XOS. I don’t think Duggan had to be as giving with Storm as he was, but I think out of courtesy as a fellow writer he didn’t wanna force Coates to write her out his story since he was writing her first and she was a major character in the BP solo.
    they worked in parallel from the horses mouth:

Cool let me be the first to say don't waste your time though. I mean if you need to convince others thats cool or as back up whatever but it won't really change my mind. Too much energy living in the past. lol
    not trying to change minds. only looking to proliferate facts believe what you will lol.

not trying to change minds. only looking to proliferate facts believe what you will lol.
    cool. thanks i will. sorry. i know people usually get all into it over these things but i really only go around in circles on what excites me and obviously coates don't and i have my peace from that era. I could use a good debate. lmao.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

cool. thanks i will. sorry. i know people usually get all into it over these things but i really only go around in circles on what excites me and obviously coates don't and i have my peace from that era. I could use a good debate. lmao.
    its cool like I said the only reason I like to provide receipts is because of my time on battle forums but even with that people will still believe what they want. my perspective is to make my case with the receipts and how people receive that information is on them.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-05-2021 at 12:01 PM.

Fantastic Member

So below is my review for both issues (one really isn't a review)

Marauders 20
    spoilers:
    All I can do is smile. This issue was by far my most favorite of all the Marauders issue and it was the perfect send-off story.

The team essentially are all recounting their favorite Storm moments and her importance to the team.

Pyro recounts how Storm was able to save a young mutant Indian girl named Lash without "setting anyone on fire" to do it. She used her knife only (which led to a discussion on how many blades does storm have on her person). She also used her powers to grab Lash energy whip using her powers. That was pretty cute.

Bishop then recounts a memory in Angola where he was able to use Storm’s name only to scare several rebels into standing down. He refers to her as a goddess in this exchange.

Iceman then goes through how she was able to convince Hatemonger to convert from hating mutants through fists and words.

Callisto states she can recall many moments but the one that mattered most was when she fought her during the Crucible where she fought to regain her powers.

Emma's insight was one of the more interesting ones. She mentioned Storms physical rebuke is one that has a lasting effect on the body but also the mind. and though at the end of it all she still offers her hand (allowing grace/forgiveness). It was a very powerful moment.

Kitty's recounts was the funniest. Ororo repairs her nose she had broke early on in the series and stated if kitty didn't like the results she was sure emma knew a great plastic surgeon lol the shade lol.

The dinner ends with it being revealed storm keeps on her 8 blades. Is there a significance to that number? Probably not lol but something im just throwing out there.

Overall it was a wonderful issue and recommend picking it up.
    end of spoilers

Man-Thing
    spoilers:
    just talking about the storm bits. she and thor work together to disperse the global fear spores. It is here she refers to herself as the Storm God and Ironman states it was through her efforts the stubborn avengers could work alongside her and Magik to save the planet. This I thought was an accurate nod to her diplomatic abilities and highlighted why I thought her characterization in COTA was so off. Her depiction in man thing demonstrates what makes her a great leader
    end of spoilers
    I can never view the spoilers. I tried clicking but it’s just yellow. Does it not work on mobile ?
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I can never view the spoilers. I tried clicking but it’s just yellow. Does it not work on mobile ?
    i don't know if this is the offical way but i just try to highlight them. it use to work on my mobile by holding down and doing select all but i don't know if they changed something in their code that prevents that because lately i can't highlight from my phone.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yupp. I do think it was out of courtesy for what Coates was doing with Storm in BP at the time that they (Duggan and HiX-Man) didn't use her fully, at the time of Dawn of X's inception. They did have certain directions planned apparently for when they were able to use the character but then Covid hit and BP was delayed...I think it was in an AiPT:XMM article with either Duggan or HiX-Man.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!