Page 244 of 772 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254294344744 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I LOVE "The Other History of the DC Universe" book by him. All that stuff that we've been talking about regarding Storm's identity and how that would play into her life as a superhero is exactly what Ridley has done with Black Lightning, Katana, and others in that book. Now I'm sad he isn't just writing a Storm book.
    I've never read his comics but what you described definitely has me excited. it sounds like he will be the perfect person for the new black panther book. very interested to see where he will take the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I will definitely be getting this until that happens. lol. Loved Juann Cabal's art on all new wolverine. I hope he makes the book about tchalla and reintroducing him into the MU because based on his current solo you would think BP is in a whole other world. Again i'm not a fan of romance in comics so that is the last thing on my mind and that is beyond BP/Storm. If i'm honest the only couples i like in comics were already together by the time i got into comics.
    I think Coates did an amazing job with the world building and established enough of a foundation that will give whoever the next writer is plenty to work with if he so chose to. nevertheless, for those who enjoy black panther and his mythos (which includes storm) i hope the next run is a success whatever that will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    There’s no such thing as overpowered in a universe with people who can literally bend reality. She’s an OMEGA level mutant. Omega actually comes from the greek alphabet and it is their last letter. In English it’s defined as “the extreme or final part”. So in terms of power it doesn’t get any better than that. Omega Level mutants have no definable limit.
    I agree I was mostly posing the question to play devils advocate here. I believe most storm fans would conclude she is appropriately powered but I think there is a large populace that see her as the movies have depicted and in some cases even the comics where she is more hot air than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I mean storm is already terrifyingly op, the only reason she loses any battle on a forum is majorly because she is a glass cannon. The fact of the matter is that force shield wind barriers and pressure domes are well within her power and then some. But the issue is that she is in a team setting and her presence usually renders a lot of members redundant hence why lightning lass. I kinda understand the writer's in this regard. She has sooo many hax abilities it's crazy soo many ways to take out an opponent. That's one of the main reasons I want her to get a solo so she will be able to grow and expand without holding back. I remember several instances where it is stated that storm really holds herself back in order to integrate and save lives. Her fight with valkyrie was an excellent proof of this.
    this is all true too. I believe in most cases if storm is written competently she could win. when a character could literally ko by

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    So..the knife thing in Maruders 20....when'd Storm become knife girl? I mean, she used one in LifeDeath and all that..but this seems a bit silly.
    she was shown bearing knives well before life and death when she lost her powers. she owned a hunting knife and appeared to have a least skill enough to throw it at Xavier mental projection:

then there was her iconic battle with callisto. though it wasn't her knife her dexterity with it showed a proficiency with the weapon:

then she pulled out a blade much later after life and death when she and Emma were depowered during astonishing:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scavenger View Post
    So..the knife thing in Maruders 20....when'd Storm become knife girl? I mean, she used one in LifeDeath and all that..but this seems a bit silly.
    Some More Storm Blade Goodness.

Attachment 109293

Attachment 109292

Attachment 109294

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Some More Storm Blade Goodness.

Attachment 109293

Attachment 109292

Attachment 109294
    great post I love receipts!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    great post I love receipts!
    I really loved how Emma and Callisto were like, "nope not counting Storms knives, she has as many as she needs"
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I really loved how Emma and Callisto were like, "nope not counting Storms knives, she has as many as she needs"
    honestly I would have left too. I love me some storm but ain't nobody got time for that lol.

sidebar not directed at u Rachel, but general comment. I'm so happy all those who said her being a goddess wouldn't be referenced outside of Coates' BP is now eating crow hmmmm yummy and yes if you feeling a certain way its directed at YOU LOL:

goddess continued...

[QUOTE=butterflykyss;5525823]goddess continued...

Honestly, I think the X-Office was stuck with what they could do with Storm until her story arc in Black Panther was finished. She has been the High Priestess of Krakoa from the beginning, but they have used her sparingly because of her appearance in other unfinished storylines. I think the X-Office is going all in on her this year.

I would love a Storm solo series, but even if they can't do that, I think she is going to be leading a new team.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/12-y...black-panther/

#excited. I hope he continues to explore storm and black panther's love!! let's go!!

now marvel can we get a storm solo???
    Don’t wanna rain on the parade but it was shown on panel that T’Challa said for Storm not to return to Wakanda unless he approved. Why would Ridley write them as a couple when they’re broken up by the time he starts his book? Especially when Storm is being positioned for a major story arc in the X-Men that will likely culminate in her leading or being part of a team written by Hickman himself?

Storm has nothing to do with T’Challa anymore and likely won’t factor into the relaunch and if you know this guy’s track record with romance and black women in particular he’s not gonna champion Ororo lol. The only person who will do that is god-king Hickman and the story he has planned for her.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

Honestly, I think the X-Office was stuck with what they could do with Storm until her story arc in Black Panther was finished. She has been the High Priestess of Krakoa from the beginning, but they have used her sparingly because of her appearance in other unfinished storylines. I think the X-Office is going all in on her this year.

I would love a Storm solo series, but even if they can't do that, I think she is going to be leading a new team.
    not sure if you saw but Duggan mentioned both offices were using the character in parallel indicating the bp offices story didn't impede on the story the xoffices were telling.

I dont have any real expectations though I'm in your camp of individuals who would love a solo series.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Don’t wanna rain on the parade but it was shown on panel that T’Challa said for Storm not to return to Wakanda unless he approved. Why would Ridley write them as a couple when they’re broken up by the time he starts his book? Especially when Storm is being positioned for a major story arc in the X-Men that will likely culminate in her leading or being part of a team written by Hickman himself?

Storm has nothing to do with T’Challa anymore and likely won’t factor into the relaunch and if you know this guy’s track record with romance and black women in particular he’s not gonna champion Ororo lol. The only person who will do that is god-king Hickman and the story he has planned for her.

that was xoffice drivel that was all ignored in black panthers king in black with tchalla lamenting over ororo. if that story had occurred in the BP books I would have concern but considering the bp offices are showing them in a loving manner working together there isn't much reason to think they would drastically shift from this unless the xoffices communicate to them they cannot use storm.

I really enjoyed Marauders #20, probably my fave issue so far. Ororo's other superpower is the ability to knock sense into people literally. She beat Emma and Hatemonger so hard that she made them question their life choices, that's brilliant. And any appearance of the classic Cockrum outfit is a plus, I'll miss Caselli drawing her. The anthological format of the story was clever in how it presented Storm as a mythological figure who represents different things to different people. It's a shame that we had to wait until her departing issue for Duggan to give her this amount of focus. Storm's overall time on Marauders was adequate for me, certainly not terrible and it had badass and heartfelt moments sprinkled throughout, but she was definitely being held back. It was strongest when exploring her complicated relationship with Emma, as we got to see the positive influence that Ororo had on her life.
    Last edited by Dipter; 05-06-2021 at 02:13 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    I haven't heard good things about his solo character work at DC. The Other History of the DC Universe sounds like a story that looks at the big picture which should be a boon for him considering Wakanda as a setting and its politics, hopefully he is able to crack an intriguing story that will keep my attention.
    That is because you have him using a person DC acted like he did not exist for years and a faction of fans that act like Bruce Wayne is the ONLY Batman despite how many OTHERS have been in that suit.

I would suggest reading American Way and it's sequel-a book about the first black super hero in the 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I really enjoyed Marauders #20, probably my fave issue so far. Ororo's other superpower is the ability to knock sense into people literally. She beat Emma and Hatemonger so hard that she made them question their life choices, that's brilliant. And any appearance of the classic Cockrum outfit is a plus, I'll miss Caselli drawing her. The anthological format of the story was clever in how it presented Storm as a mythological figure who represents different things to different people. It's a shame that we had to wait until her departing issue for Duggan to give her this amount of focus. Storm's overall time on Marauders was adequate for me, certainly not terrible and it had badass and heartfelt moments sprinkled throughout, but she was definitely being held back. It was strongest when exploring her complicated relationship with Emma, as we got to see the positive influence that Ororo had on her life.
    agreed gerry did an amazing job on the issue. I loved everything about the send-off. her inclusion her was a vast improvement over Guggenheim. she had way more development than Pyro and bishop but what we saw especially issue 20 made up for a lot I didn't like about the other gerry marauder written issues I didn't necessarily prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Storm has always been kind of a glass cannon though. Phenomenal control of the weather with the might of the elements, including cosmic forces. Still physically a relatively normal woman. A very athletic and well trained woman, but not really someone like Thor or any of the supersoldiers who can take a beating.
    Yep, they've always depicted her as a glass cannon, even in video games. I do hope they step on that and with her divinity, they boost her stats like the rest of the gods. When you think about it, all Gods in the MU, have a lot of durability, strength and they can take hits. I do hope they go the same way for the Hadari Yao.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    I read the Marauders issue. It was lacking in feats but it did have some quality character development showing how respected she is and how diplomatic she can be. Nothing we didn’t already know.

They had a perfect opportunity to have her calm the waves which were clearly bothering Emma but Storm just ignored it

I believe you are misreading this page right there. It seems that almost all forget here that weather reflects Storm's emotions, if there is a rageful, dark storm outside, this means that most likely she is bothered with something. Just like her powers going haywire, in that screen when she was watering her plants and threw that knife at Xavier's projection.

I believe Duggan, wanted to show with that dark, murky weather, that Storm was feeling sad that she is leaving the team and the meantime enraged, or something among those lines. Since she was in one room with someone with who she doesn't enjoy spending time. Emma, I am looking at you. Perhaps the reason why she couldn't affect it, or she simply didn't want to bother with the natural ecological system.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 05-06-2021 at 04:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Storm has always been kind of a glass cannon though. Phenomenal control of the weather with the might of the elements, including cosmic forces. Still physically a relatively normal woman. A very athletic and well trained woman, but not really someone like Thor or any of the supersoldiers who can take a beating.
    Which in hindsight makes it somewhat odd how she was depicted physicaly overpowering Marrow back during their fight in Uncanny X-men 325. Considering the later was over time given peak human strength and shown being able to cut and rip appart even steel armored machines.

But then again the fight was arguably just an "edgier" attempt at recreating Storm vs. Callisto, with a weaker overall quality as a result.
    And Storm's opponent was primarily designed to be an uglier, scrawnier, more evil, piercing culture inspired counterpart to the Callisto, meant only to die and the above mentioned qualities were only added over time (including a healing factor).

I guess if redrawn for a flashback these days, it might look a bit different, including the heart ripping replaced with something less over the top and more clever. Though still never able to stand up with the original Storm vs. Callisto moment.
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-06-2021 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Yep, they've always depicted her as a glass cannon, even in video games. I do hope they step on that and with her divinity, they boost her stats like the rest of the gods. When you think about it, all Gods in the MU, have a lot of durability, strength and they can take hits. I do hope they go the same way for the Hadari Yao.

I believe you are misreading this page right there. It seems that almost all forget here that weather reflects Storm's emotions, if there is a rageful, dark storm outside, this means that most likely she is bothered with something. Just like her powers going haywire, in that screen when she was watering her plants and threw that knife at Xavier's projection.

I believe Duggan, wanted to show with that dark, murky weather, that Storm was feeling sad that she is leaving the team and the meantime enraged, or something among those lines. Since she was in one room with someone with who she doesn't enjoy spending time. Emma, I am looking at you. Perhaps the reason why she couldn't affect it, or she simply didn't want to bother with the natural ecological system.
    even if they don't give her some enhancements there her powers can be utilized defensively to accommodate for that honestly. Hickman perfect did this in xmen when she fought against the Stygian.