Page 246 of 772 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346746 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Reading this really adds a whole different element to the story for me and in hindsight i completely agree and can see how her emotions may have been causing the rocky weather. It really adds emotion to the situation. Even storm can't stop the internal turbulence of change. It was probably all she could do to keep her emotions in check.
    But...the entire mood was light and fun.
    Storm is even laughing and enjoying the camaraderie and touching moments. Apart from the possible underlying sadness of leaving (and Storm by that time was fully committed in her decision to do so) there really is nothing to indicate her being so violently and emotionally affected as to inadvertently create such a tempest.

And...if it was a storm of her making, inadvertently...she would have quelled it when Emma made her comment. She didn't.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-07-2021 at 06:20 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    But...the entire mood was light and fun.
    Storm is even laughing and enjoying the camaraderie and touching moments. Apart from the possible underlying sadness of leaving (and Storm by that time was fully committed in her decision to do so) there really is nothing to indicate her being so violently and emotionally affected as to inadvertently create such a tempest.
    But that is a apart of what makes controlling her emotions so important. No one knows how her emotions will exhibit themselves. So i can totally see that way but thats not to say it's the only way to see it. They could have left the waters rough so no one could interrupt their moments. It could have been left because it was a natural Storm and it seemed petty to just stop it to relax. There are a million reasons so i'm going to lean in on 92ghost version as it adds a subtle emotion to the whole thing i thoroughly enjoyed. Storm has literally been in the trenches with these team so her outside demeanor definitely won't match her internal. I think the "cause tomorrow i act like i don't know you." was a bittersweet joke on her part.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Or consider...it's just the writer's literary methods of juxtaposition and symbolism (and perhaps even personification) underscoring/emphasising that this is indeed a Storm-centric issue.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Or consider...it's just the writer's literary methods of juxtaposition and symbolism (and perhaps even personification) underscoring/emphasising that this is indeed a Storm-centric issue.
    It could definitely fit as well. The turbulence of the Storm, the end of the sun-filled dawn as we move into the unknown. Though i also think people are underestimating Emma wasn't talking about the rocking of the boat at all but rather her feelings at the fact that Storm was leaving. Emma must have been out on rough waters many times. Why didn't she just switch into her diamond form? I feel like she wanted to feel that time with the team and it was overwhelming for her but she can't feel in diamond form so she bared it. I love the place Storm/Emma and i love that their history imo has been honored. It has been a long road for them to mutual understanding but it really played out over the years on panel.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I agree with Emma...she was most likely prevaricating in the ship's cabin because she was quite well when she was speaking with tPoS at the end.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I still am one to believe Ororo tolerates Emma. She may not hate her but I don't believe she considers her a friend. The giant size issue pretty much confirmed that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I still am one to believe Ororo tolerates Emma. She may not hate her but I don't believe she considers her a friend. The giant size issue pretty much confirmed that.
    More like a necessary evil

So seeing how we'll be getting Stories of Storm in Space(guessing). I'm really excited for new and fresh villians so our girl can flex and show out.
    And on that note , I thought of Kahn and how this would actually be a great opportunity for those two to run into each other again.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    So seeing how we'll be getting Stories of Storm in Space(guessing). I'm really excited for new and fresh villians so our girl can flex and show out.
    And on that note , I thought of Kahn and how this would actually be a great opportunity for those two to run into each other again.

What do you guys think?
    I definitely wouldn't mind Kahn making a reappearance. He seems like he would fit well in the current era. I could imagine his revamped army coming for revenge. Betsy owes him one too.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    More like a necessary evil
    why necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

What do you guys think?
    ehhhh... I wasn't too impressed with khan. for me I want so new rogues that can go toe to toe with her powerwise so that her abilities can be further explored creatively.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Is Storm completely immune to telepathy or does she just have a high resistance? Has she been able to fully resist Jean Grey or Quen Quire who are Omega Level Telepaths?
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Is Storm completely immune to telepathy or does she just have a high resistance? Has she been able to fully resist Jean Grey or Quen Quire who are Omega Level Telepaths?
    she is just resistant. though she has resisted the telepathy of a phoenix powered jean Grey who was using Cerebro before.

She's not completely immune. She can be hit with telepathic attacks. But it's very hard to enter her head, and she'll make you work for it. Also, it depends on the writer to be honest. If they want her off the board, she'll get taken out despite not making sense canonically.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she is just resistant. though she has resisted the telepathy of a phoenix powered jean Grey who was using Cerebro before.
    I would say that’s pretty OP for her considering she’s not a telepath. She really has one of the strongest wills.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    She's not completely immune. She can be hit with telepathic attacks. But it's very hard to enter her head, and she'll make you work for it. Also, it depends on the writer to be honest. If they want her off the board, she'll get taken out despite not making sense canonically.
    yup to all of this.

I would say that’s pretty OP for her considering she’s not a telepath. She really has one of the strongest wills.
    indeed she does. I'm trying to remember the last time her strength of will was showcased.