Page 26 of 772 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126526 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it was a cute showing. I personally would have preferred seeing storm stop her heart similar to how she shut down sinister the brain. I did like the traveling on lightning though. its the 3rd time she has done this.
    She just did it physically. Just as good
    Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That sure wasn't 30 years ago!
    She sure hasn’t done it again since then until today!

When you breathe in cold weather, you can see your breath because it is hot and moist, so it essentially condenses(like a cloud) when it hits the cold air. If her breath was cold, and it was cold outside(it's snowing), you wouldn't see it because there wouldn't be a steep temperature[pressure] gradient.
    That was rain. You can see it bouncing off Callisto body. Also wouldn't storm also have steam or something coming from her if it was suppose to be cold. Callisto has an open shirt on and wasn't shivering.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mah_Boons View Post
    She just did it physically. Just as good

She sure hasn’t done it again since then until today!
    physically isn't just as good in my opinion. she doesn't need to touch someone to take out their insides.

When you breathe in cold weather, you can see your breath because it is hot and moist, so it essentially condenses(like a cloud) when it hits the cold air. If her breath was cold, and it was cold outside(it's snowing), you wouldn't see it because there wouldn't be a steep temperature[pressure] gradient.
    ok looking at the art again it does appear storm was dropping the temperature because there was snow and rain when her icy breathe wss shown. I think both points are valid ones.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

physically isn't just as good in my opinion. she doesn't need to touch someone to take out their insides.
    Physically is just as good. Because it shows that not only can she kill you without touching you she can do it just by punching you. So now nobody can argue that if Storm were in physically combat with someone she wouldn’t be able to deal a deadly blow. Today showed that she can.

This is just another piece on how Versatile Storm is. That’s why this feat isn’t just “cute” it’s pretty great.

The punch just makes it look cooler. It's like a Mortal Kombat X-ray move.

Physically is just as good. Because it shows that not only can she kill you without touching you she can do it just by punching you. So now nobody can argue that if Storm were in physically combat with someone she wouldn’t be able to deal a deadly blow. Today showed that she can.

This is just another piece on how Versatile Storm is. That’s why this feat isn’t just “cute” it’s pretty great.
    it shows versatility yes but a character like storm when she has her powers don't need to nor does she have to resort to physical touch to take out an opponent. especially when she has her powers. she is not iron fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    yea that is why I thought it was a nice moment. it was definitely a good showing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

it shows versatility yes but a character like storm when she has her powers don't need to nor does she have to resort to physical touch to take out an opponent. she is not iron fist.
    That’s the point!

She isn’t Iron First but she can replicate a feat that Iron Fist or anyone his caliber can do. Stop your heart with a Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Exactly. Would have been even better if she ripped her heart out.....again

That’s the point!

She isn’t Iron First but she can replicate a feat that Iron Fist or anyone his caliber can do. Stop your heart with a Punch.
    its actually more dangerous for a character with her lack of durability to resirt to such tactics. all it takes is one good punch or cut and she is dead. yes versatility is good but as she told callisto she does need blades. nor does she to fight in close quarters especially when she has her powers.

that said it was a nice moment. a good way to send her off.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That was rain. You can see it bouncing off Callisto body. Also wouldn't storm also have steam or something coming from her if it was suppose to be cold. Callisto has an open shirt on and wasn't shivering.
    It's not worth squabbling about. Interpret it how you will.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

From the CBR pic...it looks like a lethal jolt of electricity to the heart. (Not to be mistaken with the minimal controlled bursts of lifesaving electricity she used on Nathan and Davis)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Defibrillators are used to both stop and restart hearts. It's essentially the same thing.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

It's nice to see Storm's power used as a scalpel instead of a hammer for a change. I think the writers and sometimes the readers forget exactly how the versatile her power set is.

I would love Gambit and Storm to go on a few covert espionage missions.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It's nice to see Storm's power used as a scalpel instead of a hammer for a change. I think the writers and sometimes the readers forget exactly how the versatile her power set is.

And rescue him from Excalibur? I'm here for it
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 01-13-2021 at 01:35 PM.

Oh snap...Storm. I did not see that coming. I mean I always knew she could do that but damn...I'm scared. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

It sure is. This is now my favorite H2H feat.

I’d love a Storm/Gambit Adventure.