Page 268 of 772 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 11576
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Personally i don't really care about romance in comics so if i can get a good story at the same time a good bp story is happening it doesn't really matter if they are together or not. Objectively it makes it easier because then all you have to worry about is romance in a few panels rather than trying to integrate into each others story so deeply. I prefer shallow romance in comics i guess.
    I remember that you had really turned against Coates when he had Storm say that Nakia can be with T’Challa while she pops in every now and then so I was just confused why you’re ok with it when it’s the other way around but I think your explanation makes a bit more sense lol. Don’t necessarily see it the same way though I definitely agree romance shouldn’t be the driving force for any character unless they were designed that way.

Neither T’Challa or Storm should be defined by their love lives which is why I was slightly bummed when Ridley said his book would be a love story (in part). Now I still don’t think Storm will be that love, it’s just we’ve had years of both characters getting built primarily around their romantic lives so it would’ve been nice to get a BP book where he’s just a bachelor and they build his friendships. Likewise with Storm she was becoming so defined as a BP character from like 2017-2019 because the X-Office was giving her scraps so hopefully she doesn’t become too attached to the franchise again. I’d be disappointed if Planet-Size ended up leading to Storm dealing with more Wakandan stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    The last 10-15 years have been dominated by Scott, Emma, Logan, Kitty and Jean. Literally the last time Storm was "relevant" was X-Treme. She's beyond due some focus. Giving Scott & Jean their own thing with Duggan and Emma and Kitty in Marauders is good for Storm.

Good to see that Hickman is going to give her focus, I wouldn't have called it at the start of his run.
    Yes, let's totally forget about the mess that was Inhumans Vs X-Men...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yes, let's totally forget about the mess that was Inhumans Vs X-Men...
    oh my goddess... remember after the marriage ended they had big plans for her. all of their big plans ultimately ended with her turning leadership of the xmen over to kitty. lololol so yes let ls please forget that era when an weather manipulator got defeated by a cloud smh.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I remember that you had really turned against Coates when he had Storm say that Nakia can be with T’Challa while she pops in every now and then so I was just confused why you’re ok with it when it’s the other way around but I think your explanation makes a bit more sense lol. Don’t necessarily see it the same way though I definitely agree romance shouldn’t be the driving force for any character unless they were designed that way.

Neither T’Challa or Storm should be defined by their love lives which is why I was slightly bummed when Ridley said his book would be a love story (in part). Now I still don’t think Storm will be that love, it’s just we’ve had years of both characters getting built primarily around their romantic lives so it would’ve been nice to get a BP book where he’s just a bachelor and they build his friendships. Likewise with Storm she was becoming so defined as a BP character from like 2017-2019 because the X-Office was giving her scraps so hopefully she doesn’t become too attached to the franchise again. I’d be disappointed if Planet-Size ended up leading to Storm dealing with more Wakandan stuff lol.
    how has storm been defined by her love life?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh my goddess... remember after the marriage ended they had big plans for her. all of their big plans ultimately ended with her turning leadership of the xmen over to kitty. lololol so yes let ls please forget that era when an weather manipulator got defeated by a cloud smh.
    Yep. If it wasn't for a couple of good showing. I would swear it was Stormbot 2.0.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yep. If it wasn't for a couple of good showing. I would swear it was Stormbot 2.0.
    what good showings? now see you taking me back and im going to have to relive that trauma lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

I turned against Coates because i was mad at the way he wrote Storm. Tchalla was good to her and i still read the scene as he is "nothing more than a man with needs." that is what my problem was. Tchalla uplifted her the entire run after a sour time when he wasn't the best husband imo, so to read all that effort and then feel like Coates had Storm diminish it to me was far worse than anything done on the X-side. If Storm has a book or is active in the x-line and is with tchalla i'm more than happy with it being respected by Storm not being with anyone else etc because ultimately for storm relationships don't matter to me. The only couples i like in comics are Scott/Jean, Reed/Sue, Lois/Clark and Bruce/Selena. Objectively speaking as you can see all my fave couples are white so i see the need for more diversity in couples but i had my parents so i'm not clamoring for it.

Also i agree with you Storm and Tchalla re too big to be tied to love lives but i think the main problem is people approach it in the traditional sense. I have no doubt Storm/Bp would have worked if they gave Storm a companion book if that was the only place you could see her at the time but that is over so i'm not going to rehash why i think that didn't happen. One last thing though is i don't know what marvel is thinking with the optics but to me it's hard to say the x-books weren't using her when they only weren't using her anytime she was pulled into BP and with the rights issue at the time i can't say what that meant behind the scenes.

how has storm been defined by her love life?
    Instead of wIndrider she was hadari yaoi. There are ways to honor a character and pair them with someone else. In bp she was being defined by the bp mythos or being added to it. She can marry the man and not to be all up in his pantheon. IMO if coates or whoever is going to use a character like storm in another franchise they have to be ready and willing to honor and explore her roots. She is a kenyan (kenya/american if you want to get technical. wow is storm the only american god in the MU.) goddess not a Wakandian.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Personally I'm very excited that she still the The BP books and still showing up in the xbooks. It's exactly what I wanted. Excited for the new BP series. Looking forward to a great showing for Tchalla , and some cool moments of Storm.
    As for Plane Size and The Hellfire, I've been buckled in for while now. Just waiting on these next two weeks to go by.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's an astute point, JWat.

Storm has become so intertwined with the Wakandan mythos...Queen. Hadari Yao, Wakandan Goddess...that her own personal history and identity is almost irrelevant and non-existent at this point.

All the more reason to use this time to extricate her entirely from the BP/Wakanda side of the MU.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-18-2021 at 02:00 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Instead of wIndrider she was hadari yaoi. There are ways to honor a character and pair them with someone else. In bp she was being defined by the bp mythos or being added to it. She can marry the man and not to be all up in his pantheon. IMO if coates or whoever is going to use a character like storm in another franchise they have to be ready and willing to honor and explore her roots. She is a kenyan (kenya/american if you want to get technical. wow is storm the only american god in the MU.) goddess not a Wakandian.
    hadari yao wasn't given to her because she was a love interest of tchalla. that name was given to her because the wakanda people revered her as a goddess. it was completely separate from her and tchalla's relationship. moreover, she initially rejected the title because she didn't not see herself as such.

I'm sorry I just don't get the complaint. why in a black panther book would characters within it be defined by anything other than the traditions of wakanda? and I think I explained this previously but gods can be the exact same but referred to different depending on the region or country. the goddess of love was referred to as venus in Rome but as Aphrodite in Greece That difference didn't diminish the importance of the diety worshipped. The perspective here was being told from that of the Wakandans. To tell it any other way would have not been a book about the wakanda and its lore.

hadari yao wasn't given to her because she was a love interest of tchalla. that name was given to her because the wakanda people revered her as a goddess. it was completely separate from her and tchalla's relationship. moreover, she initially rejected the title because she didn't not see herself as such.

I'm sorry I just don't get the complaint. why in a black panther book would characters within it be defined by anything other than the traditions of wakanda? and I think I explained this previously but gods can be the exact same but referred to different depending on the region or country. the goddess of love was referred to as venus in Rome but as Aphrodite in Greece That difference didn't diminish the importance of the diety worshipped. The perspective here was being told from that of the Wakandans. To tell it any other way would have not been a book about the wakanda and its lore.
    i could say the same for the x-books and that is where the basic point breaks down. i care more about the x-books and storm in them than i do wakandian interpretation of Storm. So there you go.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I agree, we as Xfans and Storm fans have begged for some type of exploration of Storm. Her roots, her heritage ,her family. Her magic.
    The responsibility to do so was the xbooks.
    But thank God Black writers who decided and had the forthright to actually have big plans for Storm , by doing exactly what Storm fans wanted.
    Gave Storm a life outside the Xbooks.
    Explore her heritage, wind ridership
    Reconnected with her family.
    Some awesome Street wear looks.
    And raised her profile (an already great profile yes, but seem to just grew stagnant *See Lighting Lass or Stormbot)
    Queen.
    Omega.
    Goddess.
    At this point Storm can definitely remain in the BP franchise. And very honestly it look like by doing so the xoffiice learn a valuable lesson. Cause all of sudden things are looking real correct on the island of Krakoa.
    Don't sleep on Storm nor her fans. Cause we gonna find a way.

i could say the same for the x-books and that is where the basic point breaks down. i care more about the x-books and storm in them than i do wakandian interpretation of Storm. So there you go.
    so your criticism comes from a place of simply wanting her to be solely featured in the xbooks. you want aspects of her lore separate from that which was established by the bp offices to be explored. thats fine BUT you can't expect the elements from that realm to suddenly transfer to the xbooks when the xoffices have already made it clear what their stance is on storm and her godhead.

1. Xavier told her she was a mutant not a goddess
    2. She only became a real god when she had stormcaster as she expressed in xmen gold
    3. When she was worshipped as a goddess in Kenya the villagers knew she was a silly girl and she wasn't a real goddess.

Expecting Coates to do the heavy work for the xoffices isn't a fair criticism of him. he gave her development from exploring her ties to harlem, her god head and yet he somehow dropped the ball when he ultimately doesn't own the rights to the character? If you want to hear of the Kenyan goddess worshipped as a real goddess that needs to come from the xoffices.

so your criticism comes from a place of simply wanting her to be solely featured in the xbooks. you want aspects of her lore separate from that which was established by the bp offices to be explored. thats fine BUT you can't expect the elements from that realm to suddenly transfer to the xbooks when the xoffices have already made it clear what their stance is on storm and her godhead.

1. Xavier told her she was a mutant not a goddess
    2. She only became a real god when she had stormcaster as she expressed in xmen gold
    3. When she was worshipped as a goddess in Kenya the villagers knew she was a silly girl and she wasn't a real goddess.

Expecting Coates to do the heavy work for the xoffices isn't a fair criticism of him. he gave her development from exploring her ties to harlem, her god head and yet he somehow dropped the ball when he ultimately doesn't own the rights to the character? If you want to hear of the Kenyan goddess worshipped as a real goddess that needs to come from the xoffices.
    That is not what i said. But when that is the only place i can and she is being written as supporting then yes, i do have a problem. I'm a pretty simple dude. It's not that deep, there is no hidden message. It's what i enjoyed vs what i didn't. I did not enjoy reading the only interpretation of Storm being Tchalla's wife. I wasn't behind the scenes but that is what i was given on the market. I'm not doing the blame game i'm simply saying from my perspective as a consumer what i saw and felt. It has nothing to do with soley featured in x-books and i'm honestly not sure how you got there given i've been pretty descriptive in my posts. Disagreeing is one thing but changing my meaning to something completely different than the words provided is another.

And i wasn't expecting anything from Coates, he chose to write storm so that is the responsibility he took on. If he wanted to pair BP with a wakandian goddess he should have created one.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

The Windrider and their legends seem to be the pride of Africa. From small showings it seem only Africa has kept the oral tradition of the Windrider though it seems long forgotten. Some recognize her for exactly what she is. It would be weird for Wakanda to not know of Windrider and the legend. It seem even the oral tradition of Windrider reach even their lands.

BANNED

So is this going to affect her chances of getting a solo. Because the xoffice stated that she didn't do much in marauders because Bp had a hold on her. And now if the love is going to be centered around tachala and storm we are definitely going to see very less of her.
    In truth I am in the same mental camp as jwatson, I don't really care for it. But this is why I don't they together is nice but is it actually good for them? Because I know full well that Bp fans do not want stone overtaking his solo. Her divinity needs to be established beyond wakanda I mean what does it mean to be an orishas on the African continent let alone the whole universe where do they lie. This is the reason why her being stated to be a goddess outside of anything BP feels like lip service because we do not know what it means in the universe at large I mean we know where the Norse stand in the greater universal whole but what about the orishas there is too few known about them. And No is not exactly known to establish anything MU only wakanda focused which is good, but for storm and her future she needs a bigger field to play in.