Page 272 of 772 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282322372 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    That's a good question. First, I would like to say that my definition of care isn't necessarily exclusively about individual writers but about the systems put in place related to different characters. In Storm's and BP's case, the question is given that they are both iconic characters, are we creating spaces where their relationship can thrive while still giving respect to what they stand for and represent as iconic characters in the MCU. Shipping Storm off to be a secondary character in BP is NOT a respectful way to handle this for either character in my opinion.

As for Coates, from what I saw, I feel like Coates did his best to respect both characters and to represent them in respectful ways towards each other. That being said, I also feel like because of the box he was forced to play in you can see how even in his attempts to be respectful, that it lead to other issues. Giving Storm such prominence in BP's book definitely felt disrespectful to BP and his fans as one could argue that the much of the Adversary arc was just a story told to uplift Storm's character within the confines of a BP book. That probably felt similarly to Kitty stealing every damn XMen story for the last few years despite Storm's and other powerful XMen's presence. So, if there were careless things done, I don't necessarily put all the blame on Coates as much as the confines of having an iconic character trapped in someone else's book.
    Thanks for the insight on your thoughts in the regard! I'm curious to see how the next writer will choose to incorporate Storm within the story.

I would like the shift the next question a bit. What xmen stories related to storm since the marriage was annulled up to now do you believe gave respect to the character considering her iconic status?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yall I'm about to explode:

Those arts are absolutely amazing! I loved the comet-like one, I think it is a hint for her space adventure! Oh, please, please, please make her fly on her own at high speed in Space! This is one of the things I ask for, desperately!

Am I mistaken or do we see suns in the background on both covers. Clearly, something is with blinding light behind Storm in the first cover and in the second one, we see like a liquified substance, sun-like texture behind the four in the second cover.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I agree, we as Xfans and Storm fans have begged for some type of exploration of Storm. Her roots, her heritage ,her family. Her magic.
    The responsibility to do so was the xbooks.
    But thank God Black writers who decided and had the forthright to actually have big plans for Storm , by doing exactly what Storm fans wanted.
    Gave Storm a life outside the Xbooks.
    Explore her heritage, wind ridership
    Reconnected with her family.
    Some awesome Street wear looks.
    And raised her profile (an already great profile yes, but seem to just grew stagnant *See Lighting Lass or Stormbot)
    Queen.
    Omega.
    Goddess.
    At this point Storm can definitely remain in the BP franchise. And very honestly it look like by doing so the xoffiice learn a valuable lesson. Cause all of sudden things are looking real correct on the island of Krakoa.
    Don't sleep on Storm nor her fans. Cause we gonna find a way.
    I am all about Storm being diverse between the two universes, X-Men and BP, if she gets two solo books, one for the BP franchise and one for the X-Men franchise, only then we will be able to tell which office does better with Storm, it could be like a competition and it will give us a lot of Storm material to explore.

On the other hand, there is a huge fanbase of fans who enjoy Storm and BP as a couple. What must be done is simple, as someone already mentioned, create a book, which will be the connection between the X-Office and the BP Office, where Storm and BP are explored as a couple. They could go on an adventure in Space together as they did in the FF all those years ago, or they could go on their own adventure where they will explore Storm's capabilities within Kenyan roots. They can even go and find Oshtur and explore her capabilities with the help of the Goddess.

I just think that the X-Offices are concentrating on too many characters at once. They don't have enough writers to write all those characters that people want them to write, and that is their own fault You cannot create a team of like what? 100 characters and expect to cover them all with what? 3-4 authors? That not possible. They grabbing too much at once and therefore the stories are watered down, and the ones which suffer are the iconic characters like Cyclops and Storm if you haven't noticed yet. Cyclops and Storm are one of the most neglected characters in the first Hickman run, and even today Cyclops is still quite neglected, even more than Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That is not what i said. But when that is the only place i can and she is being written as supporting then yes, i do have a problem. I'm a pretty simple dude. It's not that deep, there is no hidden message. It's what i enjoyed vs what i didn't. I did not enjoy reading the only interpretation of Storm being Tchalla's wife. I wasn't behind the scenes but that is what i was given on the market. I'm not doing the blame game i'm simply saying from my perspective as a consumer what i saw and felt. It has nothing to do with soley featured in x-books and i'm honestly not sure how you got there given i've been pretty descriptive in my posts. Disagreeing is one thing but changing my meaning to something completely different than the words provided is another.

And i wasn't expecting anything from Coates, he chose to write storm so that is the responsibility he took on. If he wanted to pair BP with a wakandian goddess he should have created one.
    You cannot expect them to write Storm as the main character in a book that has BP as the title. That is just not possible and it is not fair towards BP fans, I do get them. What they do need to do is create two separate books on two fronts. For the Galactic Empire, I would have done something among the lines of following T'Challa's adventure and concentrating on him and then having a second book that concentrates on Storm and how she runs the things while T'Challa is missing. They just didn't manage to do that and Storm got more time in the books, which starts the issue with the BP fans. All they had to do is write a second book which was concentrated on Storm and all her feats and Godhood could have been explored even further in it, this way Storm fans would have been happy with more material and BP fans would have been happy with more materials for BP.

That was their only problem, they didn't manage the story which they wanted to tell and the way the characters were elevated properly. They needed two books, each book on each character concentration and then having the two books cross overs which we got in the BP's issues, like him dreaming about Storm laying next to him but not being able to remember who she is, or their conversation in the office. So this was their only mistake, if they did manage to do what I said above, there wouldn't have been any problems. And I am quite sure that Coates would have been able to write the two books since he would have been given more time to explore the characters and make their story more in-depth.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 05-19-2021 at 01:39 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do we even know why she is an omega outside of that data page?
    I am going to be frank about this, Nope! Like yh rouge storm is all cool and all but like why is she an omega level mutant. Aside from the data pages and the description of having no upper limit what has she done to feel omega. Like storm feels like a powerful mutant but omega? Hmmm, cause Thor has done some pretty wild things with the weather and has even created a temporal storm, meanwhile storm has been throwing lightning and wind if she gets lucky. Like yh she has feats but the constant low-ball by the xoffice I think has done too much damage. It will take a miracle for her moniker as goddess or omega level mutant to hold weight, this I believe will come with a solo or a book series focusing on her.
    Also the planet size covers don't have me excited, like from what we have seen from marauders being on the cover doesn't equate actually doing something in the book. I will only feel free to get excited when the book comes and she does something other than wind, lightning or rain and from the looks of the variants well that ain't happening. Or gets some charachter moments. Otherwise I just think storm will just be modeling in this one I am afraid.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 05-19-2021 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I am going to be frank about this, Nope! Like yh rouge storm is all cool and all but like why is she an omega level mutant. Aside from the data pages and the description of having no upper limit what has she done to feel omega. Like storm feels like a powerful mutant but omega? Hmmm, cause Thor has done some pretty wild things with the weather and has even created a temporal storm, meanwhile storm has been throwing lightning and wind if she gets lucky. Like yh she has feats but the constant low-ball by the xoffice I think has done too much damage. It will take a miracle for her moniker as goddess or omega level mutant to hold weight, this I believe will come with a solo or a book series focusing on her.
    Also the planet size covers don't have me excited, like from what we have seen from marauders being on the cover doesn't equate actually doing something in the book. I will only feel free to get excited when the book comes and she does something other than wind, lightning or rain and from the looks of the variants well that ain't happening. Or gets some charachter moments. Otherwise I just think storm will just be modeling in this one I am afraid.
    By that logic no one on the omega list has shown me why they are an omega to be honest. ImO Storm has pushed and done more with her powers consistently than anyone on that list so i don't really get what people mean when they need to see something specific that shows omeganess. One could say creating weather in space is an omega feat because no other weather manipulator i have seen has controlled the reality of a dimension or created cosmic storms under their own power. I do wonder what exactly people are looking for that is suppose to prove anyone on that last has no limit, set in stone.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

This post is all over the place and contradicts itself. How can you admit that Storm has power feats that showcase her Omega level abilities but than disregard those feats based on the poor handling of the X office?

That's like saying Thor has Feats that make him worthy of a god of thunder title but none of those Feats matter because Rachel Summers beat his ass but with a psychic hammer that one time.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Storm fans: YAASSS! They've finally acknowledged Storm as an official Omega Level Mutant!
    Storm fans: Storm has done nothing to prove she's an Omega Level Mutant!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

By that logic no one on the omega list has shown me why they are an omega to be honest. ImO Storm has pushed and done more with her powers consistently than anyone on that list so i don't really get what people mean when they need to see something specific that shows omeganess. One could say creating weather in space is an omega feat because no other weather manipulator i have seen has controlled the reality of a dimension or created cosmic storms under their own power. I do wonder what exactly people are looking for that is suppose to prove anyone on that last has no limit, set in stone.
    They want her to bend reality at a whim lol. I don’t see the big deal, the X-Office has put consistent respect on Storm’s name when it comes to her power level in this era. She’s one of their biggest guns by far.

BANNED

Oh yh exactly, half of the list really have yet to prove their omega status. I mean magneto and the like are powerful but mags can't do a planetary feat without Amos or nearly liquidating his brain. The truth is that I went back to look at some Thor feats and to be fair he is seriously no slouch when it comes to the weather he and Jane have created cosmic weather to the point where Quentin quire stated that Ororo should eat her heart out because of the display of power before him.
    My point is isn't that her feats aren't impressive they are some of the biggest omega feats on the list, the problem is that most of the most powerful not omega mutants can also reach planetary and possibly beyond too. The galactic core and trion dimension are also amazing feats which allude to something more but when you have do that once every decade then relegate her back to throwing lightning and on a good day wind stating she is omega losses it's weight. When I say omeganess I want to see more innovative uses of the weather powers like the trion or galactic core of if possibly something less big but still innovative.
    All I want is for the xoffice to stop being lazy and get creative they stated she is omega so they should back it up with feats and showings otherwise they are just laying lipservice and we are just falling for it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Storm fans: YAASSS! They've finally acknowledged Storm as an official Omega Level Mutant!
    Storm fans: Storm has done nothing to prove she's an Omega Level Mutant!
    Actually I wasn't impressed by the omega title in house of x because she has always been omega to me. But as of yet weather she is the strongest weather manipulator I don't really know on that one. Because like I said the Thor squad gave done some very crazy things too ( but that could be because of a long running solo career). People being ecstatic about the planet size covers is cool but all age is doing is holding lightning and making it rain, all of which Thor can and has also done even in space. All I want is for the xoffice to delve deeper into her energy related weather powers or at least get creative with the basic elements. The problem is that we over on this forum have more creativity than most xwriters put together when it comes to ororo's powers. I mean let's take the telepaths as an example I know why jean is an omega telepath her telepathy allows her to siphon psychic energy even from the pheonix force to push her to god status. But I don't know why quetin is one. Same goes for many other omegas on the list. Especially when it comes to storm I hope planet size doesn't disapoint but I have a feeling it will.

Actually I wasn't impressed by the omega title in house of x because she has always been omega to me. But as of yet weather she is the strongest weather manipulator I don't really know on that one. Because like I said the Thor squad gave done some very crazy things too ( but that could be because of a long running solo career). People being ecstatic about the planet size covers is cool but all age is doing is holding lightning and making it rain, all of which Thor can and has also done even in space. All I want is for the xoffice to delve deeper into her energy related weather powers or at least get creative with the basic elements. The problem is that we over on this forum have more creativity than most xwriters put together when it comes to ororo's powers. I mean let's take the telepaths as an example I know why jean is an omega telepath her telepathy allows her to siphon psychic energy even from the pheonix force to push her to god status. But I don't know why quetin is one. Same goes for many other omegas on the list. Especially when it comes to storm I hope planet size doesn't disapoint but I have a feeling it will.
    They did, Storm used the building blocks of the world and changed them making wind where there was none. Thor can't do that, his wind would still just be normal wind not creating weather conditions on a world that doesn't really have them using it's own laws of physics. I'm expecting the omega's to provide storm with the raw elements she needs and then she coalesces and sculpts those powers together to terraform. Could she do it on her own? most likely but it really doesn't make sense to.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-19-2021 at 05:12 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    This post is all over the place and contradicts itself. How can you admit that Storm has power feats that showcase her Omega level abilities but than disregard those feats based on the poor handling of the X office?

That's like saying Thor has Feats that make him worthy of a god of thunder title but none of those Feats matter because Rachel Summers beat his ass but with a psychic hammer that one time.
    Yh it does seam all over but let me clarify it at one point in his career havok was seen overwhelming his omega brother with energy, rouge has absorbed the energy of practically all the superheroes on earth to fight an invasion
    Many other powerful mutants have very high end "omega" feats. What I am saying is that as at now Hickman and his crew have yet to demonstrate that storm is the most powerful weather manipulator in the universe, claremont and the others were alluding to that and we're building on it but we're ransacked by a bevy of very terrible writers who made storm need an atmosphere to use her powers whist she could breathe. All I want is indisputable evidence that she is the most powerful weather manipulator because I went over Thor's feats after yesterday and he has a whole lot of omega and possibly omega level weather feats. Or maybe the omega title doesn't include gods too that will make it clearer.
    I am not talking about beat in a fight I am talking omega power and the capacity to not be surpassed by any means or fashion. Omegas can be killed they are not inherently immortal well yet. Also wasn't Rachel like omega herself that one time creating black holes and reading the minds of entire cities worth of people even the whole planet at once?

BANNED

Yes that is the one feat I always go too. The giant size x-men storm feat. Up till date is my favorite because it was creative she did that and the next issues went back to throwing lighting again! Like why can't they just keep up the creativity if they need help I am sure many storm fans world work pro bono. Like she can control magnetic fields directly but we have yet to see her make a shield to protect herself or move metal. That one instance where she protects the majestic was extremely vague makes me wish for the editorial notes.

Yes that is the one feat I always go too. The giant size x-men storm feat. Up till date is my favorite because it was creative she did that and the next issues went back to throwing lighting again! Like why can't they just keep up the creativity if they need help I am sure many storm fans world work pro bono. Like she can control magnetic fields directly but we have yet to see her make a shield to protect herself or move metal. That one instance where she protects the majestic was extremely vague makes me wish for the editorial notes.
    I could be wrong but it seems like you want feats and stuff to use them in battles against other people. I just honestly am trying to understand it and searching my mind real hard to but i really don't get it. Feat alone doesn't add or take anything away from a story. Storm has mostly been on earth when she is not we always see her powers used in more creative ways. I guess i just don't get it, over the years Storm has had more big feats than i think any x-man ever.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I think Legion is a good example. For instance people were talking about what he is capable of but none of that is what he is an omega for. Way of X#2 makes it pretty clear david is omega because spoilers:
    he has an infinite amount of personalities each with a power he is capable of controlling if his mind is present
    end of spoilers like how does one show the omeganess in that. We will never see all the personalities.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

There's a time and a place. Omegas are not going full-on omega all day every day. There really is no point to do that as it would be a poor use of effort and energy. Imagine, calling down a galactic core to deal with a few thugs with guns? Storm (as with the other Omegas) has shown her range and potential when and where the moments call for it.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-19-2021 at 05:35 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!