Page 273 of 772 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 11576
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    There's a time and a place. Omegas are not going full-on omega all day every day. There really is no point to do that as it would be a poor use of effort and energy. Imagine, calling down a galactic core to deal with a few thugs with guns? Storm (as with the other Omegas) has shown her range and potential when and where the moments call for it.
    Tbh they can showcase Storm’s Omega Level weather manipulation by giving her a solo and potentially a cosmic level threat to go up against. (And I know she’s defeated powerful opponents like Uovu and Adversary but I mean without the help of Stormbreaker or her Godhood. I want it to specifically be about her omega level weather manipulation) I do agree with what you’re saying though. Omega Level mutants have power levels that are undefinable and possibly limitless so if they wanted to they could effect the entire galaxy or universe. But X Office isn't gonna have the X-Men destroy the galaxy or universe. So they have to dim their powers down a bit.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I could be wrong but it seems like you want feats and stuff to use them in battles against other people. I just honestly am trying to understand it and searching my mind real hard to but i really don't get it. Feat alone doesn't add or take anything away from a story. Storm has mostly been on earth when she is not we always see her powers used in more creative ways. I guess i just don't get it, over the years Storm has had more big feats than i think any x-man ever.
    Not really I enjoy seeing her as a charachter grow generally both in power and in charachter. Maybe it's just me but I get bored quickly with repetitive things and will like things to be spiced up once ever while. I am not saying storm can't be lightning lass I get why lightning is a go to thing it's quick effective and can put most foes down but it's too much, it gets to a point it become predictable you know how she would do what she does. Plus she herself using lightning 24/7 is not even in charachter she is a seasoned fighter she knows full well lightning won't do against some foes but you see her using this it against said foes and you are likeO_o. Like I don't even want the big cosmic stuff I enjoy more nuanced aspects to her power like the electrolysis field to produce oxygen underwater. Does she incorporate it in her cooking, her cleaning practically her everyday life. When she has a drink does she regulate it's temperature to keep it warm or cool like the small stuff. I just want her to be more than a lightning thrower and occasionally cosmic shaker because I like all of us here know she is way more than that.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 05-19-2021 at 06:15 AM.

BANNED

There's a time and a place. Omegas are not going full-on omega all day every day. There really is no point to do that as it would be a poor use of effort and energy. Imagine, calling down a galactic core to deal with a few thugs with guns? Storm (as with the other Omegas) has shown her range and potential when and where the moments call for it.
    I think you do not understand me by that I mean controlling other stuff aside lightning. Like the little things that lead to the big galactic stuff because like I said non omega mutants can also do some crazy shit too. The galactic core feat has her interacting with soo many energies at once all these in get arsenal yet always for almost everything we get lightning bolt. Like that is all what weather is. How about radiant energy, chemical energy all these abilities just sitting there an example of a moment I like is when she sculpts water into jeans face it's not omega powerful enough hydrokinetic a can do it but it's nice to be shown that she has range rather than just simple lightning strikes and when we get lucky wind. I don't know why I am the only one with a problem with this.

Oh ohk good for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Not really I enjoy seeing her as a charachter grow generally both in power and in charachter. Maybe it's just me but I get bored quickly with repetitive things and will like things to be spiced up once ever while. I am not saying storm can't be lightning lass I get why lightning is a go to thing it's quick effective and can put most fire down but it's too much, it gets to a point it become predictable you know how she would do what she does. Plus she herself using lightning 24/7 is not even in charachter she is a seasoned fighter she knows full well lightning won't do against some foes but you see her using this it against said foes and you are likeO_o. Like I don't even want the big cosmic stuff I enjoy more nuanced aspects to her power like the electrolysis field to produce oxygen underwater. Does she incorporate it in her cooking, her cleaning practically her everyday life. When she has a drink does she regulate it's temperature to keep it warm or cool like the small stuff. I just want her to be more than a lightning thrower and occasionally cosmic shaker because I like all of us here know she is way more than that.
    Thanks for the response this actually makes perfect sense to me and i would love to see those things too. I think for me my mind fills in a lot of blanks like she uses wind every time she is flying ,etc. In this era in particular we have seen her use her powers a lot of ways consistently. I definitely can see your point though and i do think that is more for a solo or clear directive book based on Storm's message sort of like Way of X with nightcrawler. There is no doubt that is a nightcrawler book and in this world i'm okay with those kinds of "solos" Which is what i'm hoping for for Storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks for the response this actually makes perfect sense to me and i would love to see those things too. I think for me my mind fills in a lot of blanks like she uses wind every time she is flying ,etc. In this era in particular we have seen her use her powers a lot of ways consistently. I definitely can see your point though and i do think that is more for a solo or clear directive book based on Storm's message sort of like Way of X with nightcrawler. There is no doubt that is a nightcrawler book and in this world i'm okay with those kinds of "solos" Which is what i'm hoping for for Storm.
    Exactly all I want is for her to be explored fully not just her godhood but her omega side too. Her family among others I just want to see her grow her bonkers established and firmly planted and her sense of self deepen even more. I loved giant size where she stated she would rather die than be resurected that was powerful it stated who she was and how she values her life and autonomy at the sametime how she respects others and their decisions to undergo resurection.
    Like kyss asked do we know why she is omega aside the data pages and I stated frankly that I don't. Maybe the rest of the statement was off but a fact like legion being omega because his personalities are infinite and he has a power with each is something that we as storm fans can agree we want defined about storm. But then again some might enjoy the mystery infact I could respect both.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 05-19-2021 at 06:44 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I get what you're saying DN...but in all fairness her prolifically consistent use of lightning over the past decade as Lightning Lass can be solely attributed to the lack of imagination from the writers during that period who clearly didn't know or didn't care enough to do more than that.
    And while LL has made a few appearances in this era, Storm has shown greater range including her hand-to-hand.

And yes,it's nice to think that she keeps her tea steaming hot and her champagne perfectly chilled but that means actively using the powers practically 24/7...I can see how that would be draining and even a bit tiresome to even someone of Storm calibre. My personal take on it is Yes, these Omegas have virtually limitless power but I think some of them would enjoy just being human in those moments when they don't have to. Like Storm taking a casual stroll through the Botanical gardens to connect with nature.

Plus, as Idio, said...busting out the OL feat can have serious physical implications for her (as with the G-Core feat that nearly killed her and the pressure dome feat that incapacitated her) and for the environment around her (RogueStorm.) So it's best to use those sparingly.

I get wanting that solo series to showcase those kinds of OL feats but...personally, I like Storm just being a "regular" bad-ass. It makes me savour those OL moments when they occur that much more.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-19-2021 at 07:02 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

I get what you're saying DN...but in all fairness her prolifically consistent use of lightning over the past decade as Lightning Lass can be solely attributed to the lack of imagination from the writers during that period who clearly didn't know or didn't care enough to do more than that.
    And while LL has made a few appearances in this era, Storm has shown greater range including her hand-to-hand.

And yes,it's nice to think that she keeps her tea steaming hot and her champagne perfectly chilled but that means actively using the powers practically 24/7...I can see how that would be draining and even a bit tiresome to even someone of Storm calibre. My personal take on it is Yes, these Omegas have virtually limitless power but I think some of them would enjoy just being human in those moments when they don't have to. Like Storm taking a casual stroll through the Botanical gardens to connect with nature.

Plus, as Idio, said...busting out the OL feat can have serious physical implications for her (as with the G-Core feat that nearly killed her and the pressure dome feat that incapacitated her) and for the environment around her (RogueStorm.) So it's best to use those sparingly.

I get wanting that solo series to showcase those kinds of OL feats but...personally, I like Storm just being a "regular" bad-ass. It makes me savour those OL moments when they occur that much more.
    So this is beautifully said and I understand your point.

But I want to know your view on kyss's question do you know why she is omega aside the data pages.

Fantastic Member

Honestly all this discussion about "feats" and Omega is why people don't take us Storm fans seriously.

Do I enjoy seeing creative use of her power? Of course. Do I want her to be better at moving metal than Magneto and better at manipulating ice than Iceman to show she's the Omega Omega? No, I couldn't give a shit and I find those sort of fans pretty juvenile.

What I want, and what really matters is for Storm to be given a consistent voice, a strong POV and quality character development, which she hasn't had in decades.

Look at Scott, Kitty and Emma. Sure all 3 are powerhouse mutants and combatants, but aren't Omegas, but ultimately have had tons of focus and character development over the last ten years, probably the top 3 in that order because all 3 have strong POV's and consistent character voices. This is what we should be fighting for.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Honestly all this discussion about "feats" and Omega is why people don't take us Storm fans seriously.

Do I enjoy seeing creative use of her power? Of course. Do I want her to be better at moving metal than Magneto and better at manipulating ice than Iceman to show she's the Omega Omega? No, I couldn't give a shit and I find those sort of fans pretty juvenile.

What I want, and what really matters is for Storm to be given a consistent voice, a strong POV and quality character development, which she hasn't had in decades.

Look at Scott, Kitty and Emma. Sure all 3 are powerhouse mutants and combatants, but aren't Omegas, but ultimately have had tons of focus and character development over the last ten years, probably the top 3 in that order because all 3 have strong POV's and consistent character voices. This is what we should be fighting for.
    Very true. Couldn't agree more. Hopefully we get both when the book shes supposed to star in drops.

I agree with a lot of this but all 3 characters you named also got creative power usage along side having a strong POV and voice. None of these objectives need to be mutually exclusive. They just had writers who were more interested in them. The best stories for me tend to mix all 3 things up to keep it fresh. Personally I’ve really enjoyed what we’ve got from Storm in this era and hoping for her to be a major driver during RoX and after.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    So this is beautifully said and I understand your point.

But I want to know your view on kyss's question do you know why she is omega aside the data pages.
    To Kyss' question...
    Going by the canonical description of what an OL mutant is...Storm has many times shown that she can transcend the boundaries of her mutant abilities far exceeding what she herself and others may think she's capable of...with the feats to prove it. The G-Core feat. The Trion feat. Hosting Eternity. Going RogueStorm. And while they've never officially referred to or acknowledged them as such, those are obvious OL bad-assery, right there.

How can you not know she's OL or always had the potential to be Omega?

The real question is: Why they did they wait so long to acknowledge it?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-19-2021 at 07:47 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

To Kyss' question...
    Going by the canonical description of what an OL mutant is...Storm has many times shown that she can transcend the boundaries of her mutant abilities far exceeding what she herself and others may think she's capable of...with the feats to prove it. The G-Core feat. The Trion feat. Hosting Eternity. Going RogueStorm. And while they've never officially referred to or acknowledged them as such, those are obvious OL bad-assery, right there.

Not to mention that time she took out Cyclops when he was literally half way around the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Not to mention that time she took out Cyclops when he was literally half way around the world.
    That was cool

To Kyss' question...

True I mean it has always been stated that she has practically limitless potential.

I guess you are late to the storm needs a solo party.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yes, eh! That was pure awesomeness.

(And a sort of precursor to her feat in BP when she took out the galactic spaceships which was a far more impressive showing than her going "Goddess" and one-shotting the Adversary...imho)

BANNED

Yes, eh! That was pure awesomeness.

(And a sort of precursor to her feat in BP when she took out the galactic spaceships which was a far more impressive showing than her going "Goddess" and one-shotting the Adversary...imho)
    Yh I forget that one happened. Coates has really done much for storm now let's hope Hickman does same and more for her charachter. I mean I still get nightmares from IvX Medusa talking down on storm in the open confidently will never sit right with my spirit.