Page 278 of 772 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288328378 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's clearly two different Orishas in those two panels.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I've red "Way of X" Issue 2 and some interesting stuffs were mentioned:

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

appears to be Bast based upon previous renderings but what do i know....

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I've red "Way of X" Issue 2 and some interesting stuffs were mentioned:

what did you find interesting here to you?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I didn't know Bast shape-shifts into a child being as well.
    That's what I miss for not reading the run.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Bast took on the form of N'Jadakas daughter after he stole most of her power. Not sure why she still is using the form especially when it appears her powers have been restored but we will find out next week!

Has anyone read the recent Wolverine, number 11 I think? It has a reveal of someone recently familiar to Storm.

Edit: I can’t apparently get the spoiler code to work. Grrrrrrr
    Last edited by orionblue; 05-19-2021 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    Has anyone read the recent Wolverine, number 11 I think? It has a reveal of someone recently familiar to Storm.

<spoiler>test</spoiler>
    no I haven't. please share the spoilers!!

change spoiler to spoil and it should work 4u

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what did you find interesting here to you?
    Check what Magneto is saying in the second SS and in the first it is just Storm face appearing for a moment when Legion is resurrected and the sky cracks.

no I haven't. please share the spoilers!!

change spoiler to spoil and it should work 4u

Thank you!

Ok here goes nothing!

Wolverine and Nightguard seek out help and are greeted by:

spoilers:
    Death
    end of spoilers

Check what Magneto is saying in the second SS and in the first it is just Storm face appearing for a moment when Legion is resurrected and the sky cracks.
    oh the worldshaking part lol. that boldest does look like a bit of a teaser to what is to come.

Thank you!

Ok here goes nothing!

Wolverine and Nightguard seek out help and are greeted by:

spoilers:
    Death
    end of spoilers
    oh wow that is interesting. the stakes must be pretty high for him to seek out death when his teammate was responsible for him becoming a vampire. I wonder how Wolverine will manage the animosity Death will surely have towards him.

oh wow that is interesting. the stakes must be pretty high for him to seek out death when his teammate was responsible for him becoming a vampire. I wonder how Wolverine will manage the animosity Death will surely have towards him.

I am interested to see if Storm’s name is dropped at all as she has had a connection with Dracula - and it is Dracula that Wolvie is fighting.

oh the worldshaking part lol. that boldest does look like a bit of a teaser to what is to come.
    Most likely.

True that. I wonder that too.

I am interested to see if Storm’s name is dropped at all as she has had a connection with Dracula - and it is Dracula that Wolvie is fighting.

storm has some pretty powerful enemies. I wouldn't want to be in either of their cross hairs.

Most likely.

True that. I wonder that too.

next week should be the start of a very fun week for us storm fans!

Fantastic Member

Thanks for the insight on your thoughts in the regard! I'm curious to see how the next writer will choose to incorporate Storm within the story.

I would like the shift the next question a bit. What xmen stories related to storm since the marriage was annulled up to now do you believe gave respect to the character considering her iconic status?
    Wow...this question would require some research as that is a big chunk of time and many stories have been told since then. I would say though since the restoration by Coates there is a seemingly more collective effort to put Storm in her rightful place and most writers have been respectful in their depictions of her even if it has been limited in my opinion. Since Coates she's done a lot of heavy hitting and been called out as THE ONE by many in the presence of other powerhouses so it's a start. But honestly, I can't necessarily think of a story off the top of my head because there hasn't really been many Storm centric stories outside of her short lived solo and XMen Gold... (no need to talk about this). Her solo was fine but it still didn't feel epic enough for her character and her power even though she had some amazing power feats. It probably would have evolved into that had it not been canceled.

Claremont's Storm is the standard and every iteration he has written of her that I can think of has been the bomb, even the XMEN Forever Perfect Storm. Outside of that, perhaps my favorite Storm story is Yost's World's Apart. Again, I'm going off of memory but that's the first thing that comes to mind and that was way before the annulment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think their powers, while overlapping in the ways their powers manifest, are fundamentally very different and belong in their own categories. Its almost like I wouldn’t really call Thor’s power weather manipulation because its more like weather manifestation. Lightning, wind, rain (even raining fire), etc. where ever he is it will all manifest the same way with no environmental factors playing a role. That just feels like a fundamentally different powerset vs what Storm does.
    I like this description and I also agree with the difference and why Storm would be the ultimate weather manipulator. I will say though I don't get why everyone has a hard time saying Storm is more powerful than Thor when it comes to the weather lol. It all feels a bit sexist lol.

It makes me think about the Phoenix Saga. Claremont originally wanted Phoenix to fight Thor or the Silver Surfer and win, but Shooter was having no parts of it.
    "When asked why Shooter wanted to get rid of Phoenix, her original visual designer, Dave Cockrum, responded that “Shooter hated strong female characters. When we first introduced Phoenix, we wanted her to fight Thor or the Silver Surfer, but Shooter wouldn’t allow it. He said no female is going to beat Thor or the Silver Surfer” (91). Cockrum notes that in order to subvert Shooter’s mandate Phoenix did, however, win a battle against Firelord, a former herald of Galactus and a character who had previously beaten both Thor and the Silver Surfer."

The reason this quote is important to me was because Jean was powered up to be Phoenix in part to be able to rival/equal Storm's power levels. If Claremont believed that Phoenix could beat Thor or the Silver Surfer, then it isn't a stretch to believe they felt Storm was more powerful than both either. But I do believe with Storm not only being a woman, but a black woman, we have to always find ways to diminish her power levels and significance. I mean given the definition of Omega Mutant now and her listed as an Omega Weather Manipulator why are we arguing lol.

Finally, Storm has the ability to manipulate natural forces to create weather phenomena. That's insanely powerful as you can put Storm in any medium and she literally takes the raw elements of that place to create weather. So technically, she is like a supreme energy manipulator. Thor can make Storms of immense power but he cannot come close to reproducing this versatility and connection as far as we know. Also, if she ever delves into her magic potential, she could possibly even manipulate any storm Thor produces (which is about her potential). This is why I believe she is Omega, because who knows to what extent this Energy manipulation/weather manifestation could go. Look at what she did when she was infected with the virus. That wasn't (imo) a small feat.