Page 280 of 772 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Well now I know not to care for an entire month.
    right lol. but remember we were told of big plans so its kind of surprising there is no xoffice stuff for an entire month. .what do you want these big plans to be?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    right lol. but remember we were told of big plans so its kind of surprising there is no xoffice stuff for an entire month. .what do you want these big plans to be?
    These big plans hmmmm we shall see.

another preview page and Bast isn't fighting anyone. that last lower panel seemed to be a flashback per ororo101 which I agree with:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-20-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I'm hoping they position her at the head of whatever book Hickman is writing. With all the focus on omega level mutants, Cyclops and Jean leading the X-Men on Earth, and the cosmic direction of the entire narrative it makes a lot of sense to have some kind of multiversal/high concept book based around the top mutants. We know Storm has a favored owed to her by the Shi'ar and she's one of the best mutants to lead an exposition into the unknown.

I think that's the most interesting direction I'd want to see short of a solo. But if not a Hickman written project I'd be happy to see her on Ewing's Sword, replacing Magneto as the Quiet Council liason.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm hoping they position her at the head of whatever book Hickman is writing. With all the focus on omega level mutants, Cyclops and Jean leading the X-Men on Earth, and the cosmic direction of the entire narrative it makes a lot of sense to have some kind of multiversal/high concept book based around the top mutants. We know Storm has a favored owed to her by the Shi'ar and she's one of the best mutants to lead an exposition into the unknown.

I think that's the most interesting direction I'd want to see short of a solo. But if not a Hickman written project I'd be happy to see her on Ewing's Sword, replacing Magneto as the Quiet Council liason.
    its seemingly more likely that cable will be replacing magneto there since Ewing is writing that one-shot with adult cable. that said I do like the idea of her potential cosmic muscles being explored.

I haven't reached my point yet but i just want to be clear i do notice the little stuff like the white regular looking mutants being the builders of krakoa in this era or even whatever happens in planet size being the idea of another white mutant(magneto getting the omegas together.) and though i have noticed the visual of more mutant ]of color i'm not ignorant to that fact that the builders are all white normative looking mutants, mainly male. so i know what i have for my date in my for dropping everything if what i feel was alluded to doesn't materlize. I love the x-men and i'm good with stories but when you gas me up and don't deliver i'm done for good. While the august solitis feature what i think will be some quality books september/october is where i am truly looking. so i will be enjoying most of the books solicited except X-corp. I can't and don't want to connect to that book and that's cool.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I haven't reached my point yet but i just want to be clear i do notice the little stuff like the white regular looking mutants being the builders of krakoa in this era or even whatever happens in planet size being the idea of another white mutant(magneto getting the omegas together.) and though i have noticed the visual of more mutant ]of color i'm not ignorant to that fact that the builders are all white normative looking mutants, mainly male. so i know what i have for my date in my for dropping everything if what i feel was alluded to doesn't materlize. I love the x-men and i'm good with stories but when you gas me up and don't deliver i'm done for good. While the august solitis feature what i think will be some quality books september/october is where i am truly looking. so i will be enjoying most of the books solicited except X-corp. I can't and don't want to connect to that book and that's cool.
    hold up what do u mean? how have they gassed you up? what haven't they delivered on?

also great points regarding the builders of Krakoa. the sad reality is that the xmen has always been very white. one of the many reasons I love Coates coming in and changing that relative to our girl.

hold up what do u mean? how have they gassed you up? what haven't they delivered on?
    Well if you telling me 2021 is the year of ororo and there isn't even a single book she is featured in by august. at some pint you gassing (filling me with energy so i keep supporting something you have no intention of delivering on. with cars, when you gas them up they at least go.) me up. lol so i will give it to when the main writer/director announces his book. I would be fine with what we had but on principal don't gas me up and set my expectation higher. lol

I spend about 30 a week on comics. I know it's not a lot and not alot to many but i can easily redirect those funds elsewhere. I don't have to cook my own steak or i can find a writer and make my own. i level up quick artistically when i have a direction.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-20-2021 at 03:10 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Well if you telling me 2021 is the year of ororo and there isn't even a single book she is featured in by august. at some pint you gassing (filling me with energy so i keep supporting something you have no intention of delivering on. with cars, when you gas them up they at least go.) me up. lol so i will give it to when the main writer/director announces his book. I would be fine with what we had but on principal don't gas me up and set my expectation higher. lol

yeah for me personally anything short of a solo book is more of the same where we are promised things for her for it to never really materialize. the fact she is literally nowhere in August is just a mess but let's see what this secret Hickman title is. that will answer a lot of the questions we have.

yeah for me personally anything short of a solo book is more of the same where we are promised things for her for it to never really materialize. the fact she is literally nowhere in August is just a mess but let's see what this secret Hickman title is. that will answer a lot of the questions we have.
    I'm good with a Way of X type solo but so far every last perspective in a main book has been lead from the perspective of a traditional white male mutant including night crawler and i worked in business and x-corp is prob the whitest book i've ever read so at some point we do have to get off the pot. i've been patient i don't force creatives but if you don't want my money i'm good moving on. It will def hurt some but i'm adaptable and i think i will grow from the experience. lol. i'm drunk and high so yeah i dunno. lol

My mind is thinking it sucks what turned me away from x-men would be getting gassed up after going through all that other stuff. lol
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

I spend about 30 a week on comics. I know it's not a lot and not alot to many but i can easily redirect those funds elsewhere. I don't have to cook my own steak or i can find a writer and make my own. i level up quick artistically when i have a direction.
    Then do it create a fan comic exploring storm in the way you see her..trust me most storm fans will thank you for it. Sometimes you got to bring the mountain to Mohammed and if the xoffice us just gonna do lipservice we might as well do what we need to do.

Mighty Member

They've been hyping big things coming for her but still nothing? I'm worried their "big plans" for her was having her show off in Planet Sized X-Men, which is just a one issue book. I guess the secret Hickman book is the last chance.

I'm good with a Way of X type solo but so far every last perspective in a main book has been lead from the perspective of a traditional white male mutant including night crawler and i worked in business and x-corp is prob the whitest book i've ever read so at some point we do have to get off the pot. i've been patient i don't force creatives but if you don't want my money i'm good moving on. It will def hurt some but i'm adaptable and i think i will grow from the experience. lol. i'm drunk and high so yeah i dunno. lol

My mind is thinking it sucks what turned me away from x-men would be getting gassed up after going through all that other stuff. lol
    well I think its fair for you to wait and see what fall brings. now granted when the xwriters said they had big plans for her in 2021 I didn't think it would take this long to figure out. personally for me storm by the xoffices should be given the black widow, captain marvel treatment the avengers side has given those characters. the X-Men has been driven by the white male characters' vision of mutant kind and the only characters to have solos have been white male ones. your take earlier to this is a valid one and that is why big plans for me have to go much further than just a role on another team book. storm time after time is rated fans and creators alike most favorite character so why isn't she leading her own solo forging her own path like Wolverine?

Astonishing Member

its seemingly more likely that cable will be replacing magneto there since Ewing is writing that one-shot with adult cable. that said I do like the idea of her potential cosmic muscles being explored.
    Yea I feel like the cosmic stuff is where they're gonna take Storm, it's relatively new territory for her which adds novelty to whatever Hickman ends up doing. I'm sure he realizes that the character's been in dark place these last few years and it'd be a huge contribution to the X-Men franchise (and his resume) if he became the writer known to "reinvent" Storm and reestablish her as a main X-Men.

Plus I think if her Giant-Size issue is anything to go by Storm is possibly a character he wants to explore more mentally. I agree there's a good chance she won't be in SWORD.

The biggest beneficiaries of this era is white women lol which tends to be the case in "diversity" shifts like this. Moira is one of the three most important figures in this era alongside Mags and Prof X. Emma and Kitty are the leads of Marauders and both have seats at the Quiet Council. Betsy, now in a white body, is the only relevant character in Excalibur, which was the base of the first major event in this era.

The Five are led by a white woman. SWORD led by a white woman. Jean co-leads the X-Men. And then Hellions is led by a gay-coded Nazi lol. No soloes or even stealth soloes like Way of X headed by a non-white character. The only books where non-white (and especially non-white women) are centered consistently is in tertiary titles like Children of the Atom and New Mutants (I'm not reading that book but Dani is prominent, correct?) That's not to say non-white characters aren't getting used or even being given chances to shine. Most of us in this thread are pleasantly surprised by Duggan's Storm and of course Ewing did his thing with Manifold while Hellions does right by Psylocke. X-Corp also is putting M front and center even if the quality is trash. There is more visible diversity as a whole as well.

But in terms of genuine leadership positions and narrative influence, non-white X-Men are still firmly on the periphery. That MAY change with Synch on the X-Men team (but not leading it and pining after a white women no less lol) and Storm's upcoming arc but yea, it's essentially the same hierarchy of era's past in some regards. Hopefully Storm getting reestablished as a core player changes things.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea I feel like the cosmic stuff is where they're gonna take Storm, it's relatively new territory for her which adds novelty to whatever Hickman ends up doing. I'm sure he realizes that the character's been in dark place these last few years and it'd be a huge contribution to the X-Men franchise (and his resume) if he became the writer known to "reinvent" Storm and reestablish her as a main X-Men.

Plus I think if her Giant-Size issue is anything to go by Storm is possibly a character he wants to explore more mentally. I agree there's a good chance she won't be in SWORD.

The biggest beneficiaries of this era is white women lol which tends to be the case in "diversity" shifts like this. Moira is one of the three most important figures in this era alongside Mags and Prof X. Emma and Kitty are the leads of Marauders and both have seats at the Quiet Council. Betsy, now in a white body, is the only relevant character in Excalibur, which was the base of the first major event in this era.

The Five are led by a white woman. SWORD led by a white woman. Jean co-leads the X-Men. And then Hellions is led by a gay-coded Nazi lol. No soloes or even stealth soloes like Way of X headed by a non-white character. The only books where non-white (and especially non-white women) are centered consistently is in tertiary titles like Children of the Atom and New Mutants (I'm not reading that book but Dani is prominent, correct?) That's not to say non-white characters aren't getting used or even being given chances to shine. Most of us in this thread are pleasantly surprised by Duggan's Storm and of course Ewing did his thing with Manifold while Hellions does right by Psylocke. X-Corp also is putting M front and center even if the quality is trash. There is more visible diversity as a whole as well.

But in terms of genuine leadership positions and narrative influence, non-white X-Men are still firmly on the periphery. That MAY change with Synch on the X-Men team (but not leading it and pining after a white women no less lol) and Storm's upcoming arc but yea, it's essentially the same hierarchy of era's past in some regards. Hopefully Storm getting reestablished as a core player changes things.
    1. I so wanted Ewing to have a chance to write her too. If they are not looking to expand her usage of abilities in the cosmos I personally don't care to see it but if this is a path to broaden her impact within the mu im for it.

2. excellent point about the more prominent books being led primarily by white men or women. its packaged differently yes but its the same energy the xoffices have been given for quite a while. I still think its a huge slap in the face for a character like bishop to be taking orders from kitty and or Emma considering his resume. he definitely should be calling a lot more shots than he has been.