Page 283 of 772 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    if she doesn't get a solo beung written by al would be the next best thing for me. I forgot about the other variants too thanks.
    Fingers seem to point to Ewing bringing her to space, but at the same time I’m still wondering what that unannounced Hickman book is? It’s timed perfectly so that we won’t get spoiled on the Storm reveal during the Gala, which is pretty much the only thing left secret about that event.

I also can’t decide which one I’d prefer. I love SWORD, but it’s already a very full book. Ultimately, I’d trust Ewing with Storm and would probably enjoy him writing her more than Hickman, BUT if Storm is the star of the new Hickman book then she’d really be at the center of the entire X-line (a spot she definitely deserves).

Fantastic Member

if she doesn't get a solo beung written by al would be the next best thing for me. I forgot about the other variants too thanks.
    what if we receive both? the big plans would start at planet size, then continue on 1 or 2 issues of S.W.O.R.D and then her solo would be announced. There is still a book by Hickmann that is in secret.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I think this is why I'm not understanding this discussion. My point was never about writers creating development for a character. I was only commenting on how the current structure does not fully support Storm in the way that it should regardless of who is writing her and how that creates issues in handling the two powerhouse characters with the care they should receive. My answer to your first question about Coates, and my recognition for his work clearly shows that I believe writers CAN write her well and all other things pertaining to her. But that isn't my issue nor what I was discussing that from the start.
    I thought your initial point was that you didn't necessarily like her paired with tchalla because both are two big to where both characters can be written were both are handled respectfully. my counter to that is that her connection to him doesn't impede that in any way. my point was that is an excuse that distracts from the real reason she isn't getting the proper treatment is due to the xoffice vision for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

I never said anything of the sort. I've consistently made the same point.

All of the new Storm news looks amazing. I will weigh in a bit on BP/Storm. I'm not a fan of the couple but it's not because I have a problem with them being together, it's more because of how it has played out and the lack of ability Marvel seems to have with taking care of both characters. The true issue in this relationship for me is that Storm and BP are both ICONIC characters and should be treated as such. Neither one deserves to only be a footnote/supporting character for the other. Black Panther has his own book and is an important hero throughout the Marvel Universe lore, so he's at least getting the respect he deserves. (This is why I think some fans are upset about Storm infiltrating his books and taking some of his shine away) Storm on the other hand has not. In the Claremont days yes she was, but since then she's been shitted on consistently (yes X Office I'm looking at you). While BP has definitely done wonders for her as a character and uplifting her recent importance, the biggest issue I have is that despite all of it's uplift, Storm would still be second fiddle to BP in his book and still doesn't have a book where the focus is on her in the X Books. That would be equivalent to Wonder Woman not having her own book but only being featured in JL or Superman as his love interest. While this could work for most characters, it just doesn't work for ICONIC and LABEL DEFINING characters like Wonder Woman and Storm. This is why Captain Marvel having a solo feels so odd when you have a woman who truly eclipses her in value fighting for attention in everyone else's book. And honestly, the more she is propped up in BP's book the more tied to his book she becomes which will either diminish her status or cloud BP's. Instead, if Storm had her own Solo, maybe even a joint book with BP, a role in the XMen, and casually featured in BP as his love interest, then I would feel like all of this goddess making, omnipotent power and MU wide importance stuff would make sense. Right now, it feels like a lot of lip service, and even though I appreciate all of the new feats, I just think once she gets her own book and it's fully supported and she has her place, the rest will fall in line and make sense. So that is my biggest issue.

On the other hand, while I do have a few complaints, much credit has to be given to Coates for her current rise to prominence. He definitely laid the foundation for that, even if it may include some devices that some of us don't agree with.

Personally Storm and Black Panther never did much for me together at least the ways it has been done in the past.....as a black male black love is a beautiful thing and a rare thing to see in comics but it has to fit and I just didn't feel them together not sure if it felt forced or what it just didn't click for me.....Never really liked Storm hooking up with fellow X-Men either a la Wolverine although I thought Forge written better perhaps had potential but it was never truly realized.
    Last edited by cam18; 05-21-2021 at 03:13 PM.

I do so enjoy the cloud hair.

Hopefully we get some news soon.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I never said anything of the sort. I've consistently made the same point.
    All of the new Storm news looks amazing. I will weigh in a bit on BP/Storm. I'm not a fan of the couple but it's not because I have a problem with them being together, it's more because of how it has played out and the lack of ability Marvel seems to have with taking care of both characters. The true issue in this relationship for me is that Storm and BP are both ICONIC characters and should be treated as such.
    Thats exactly what I said "both are too (not two) big to where both characters can be written were both are handled respectfully."

Am I missing something? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Fingers seem to point to Ewing bringing her to space, but at the same time I’m still wondering what that unannounced Hickman book is? It’s timed perfectly so that we won’t get spoiled on the Storm reveal during the Gala, which is pretty much the only thing left secret about that event.

I also can’t decide which one I’d prefer. I love SWORD, but it’s already a very full book. Ultimately, I’d trust Ewing with Storm and would probably enjoy him writing her more than Hickman, BUT if Storm is the star of the new Hickman book then she’d really be at the center of the entire X-line (a spot she definitely deserves).
    Agreed. I'm very conflicted on this myself. I need all of this secrecy around this to finally be revealed. heck they revealed who the fan voted member was going to be lol.

[

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    what if we receive both? the big plans would start at planet size, then continue on 1 or 2 issues of S.W.O.R.D and then her solo would be announced. There is still a book by Hickmann that is in secret.
    I would be fine with both. Wolverine has a solo and is regular in xfactor so that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by cam18 View Post
    Personally Storm and Black Panther never did much for me together at least the ways it has been done in the past.....as a black male black love is a beautiful thing and a rare thing to see in comics but it has to fit and I just didn't feel them together not sure if it felt forced or what it just didn't click for me.....Never really liked Storm hooking up with fellow X-Men either a la Wolverine although I thought Forge written better perhaps had potential but it was never truly realized.

why did you think her and forge had potential?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Thats exactly what I said "both are too (not two) big to where both characters can be written were both are handled respectfully."

Am I missing something? lol

Agreed. I'm very conflicted on this myself. I need all of this secrecy around this to finally be revealed. heck they revealed who the fan voted member was going to be lol.

[
    Yes you are. I'm not talking about writing lol! And you keep making it about that lol.

I wonder if she will still be a council member after she returns from space. That's if the council is even still around. Have they even brought in replacement yet?

Storm in Xbooks
    Storm in BP
    And maybe a solo.
    That's almost three time the Storm a month with just one week to recover. I'd be down for it.
    Now if she could be on another team outside the Xmen. So it Storm all week every week.

As for the Storm and Black Panther relationship.
    I would also be fine if Storm just appear in the Xbooks and Tchalla in BP.while still in a relationship. And get to be seen or shown together on a Team. Like an Avengers team or something.
    I think a team with the two of them leading would be great. Heck not even leading, just the heavy lifters would be fine.

Yes you are. I'm not talking about writing lol! And you keep making it about that lol.
    I know you are talking about solo books and a push where she operates in her own space. I'm saying she can have that while still being written in a bp book. her being in a relationship doesn't stop that effort, the powers that be in the xoffices however would.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The problem with Storm in three (or more) different books is the same problem we have with characters like Wolverine and Spiderman...and being written by many different writers...poor and inconsistent characterisation. As we got before when she was an "Avenger"
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The problem with Storm in three (or more) different books is the same problem we have with characters like Wolverine and Spiderman...and being written by many different writers...poor and inconsistent characterisation. As we got before when she was an "Avenger"
    I would love for to get a redo on the Avenger. We were so rob at that opportunity.

Fantastic Member

I know you are talking about solo books and a push where she operates in her own space. I'm saying she can have that while still being written in a bp book. her being in a relationship doesn't stop that effort, the powers that be in the xoffices however would.
    I understand what you are saying and have even agreed but you keep arguing my point with this counter that has nothing to do with my point lol! That's all I'm saying. I even said what you are saying in my original post. If she had her own book, the other features wouldn't matter or be problematic. I literally said that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    If the big Storm story is being written by Hickman I kind of doubt that it'll be a solo UNLESS it's a mini-series leading to the next book. I just feel like he's the opposite of a solo-character writer with his focus on world-building and long-form storytelling.

At this point I'm gonna stop trying figure it out and just be patient till next month cause I don't even know who is left who could be on a new team with her.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I would love for to get a redo on the Avenger. We were so rob at that opportunity.
    Not under Aaaron...no eh!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!