Page 289 of 772 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289290291292293299339389 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,335 of 11576

And because this needs a separate post. Lol. Butterflykyss was right. Just imagine him in a cyclops pose because he was. Coates in his own interview said the x-team let him do his story so that implies that regime stepped aside. It may not have been what the current one wanted but I would have had no respect for hickman and co if they broke a deal so I appreciate that and appreciate Coates clarity. And while you were right in the end Coates sort of backtracked kn ororo goddess in the interview by saying she was a mutant and not addressing the godhood directly. So on that I will say he is more of the same too.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And because this needs a separate post. Lol. Butterflykyss was right. Just imagine him in a cyclops pose because he was. Coates in his own interview said the x-team let him do his story so that implies that regime stepped aside. It may not have been what the current one wanted but I would have had no respect for hickman and co if they broke a deal so I appreciate that and appreciate Coates clarity. And while you were right in the end Coates sort of backtracked kn ororo goddess in the interview by saying she was a mutant and not addressing the godhood directly. So on that I will say he is more of the same too.
    omg!! thank you friend. I was actually going to post this:

it never made sense to me that a xmen own character would somehow be locked up by the bp offices. a few storm fans were looking to scapegoat Coates because of interviews Duggan had in the past in the regard. Nevertheless, coates knew what they were doing in the xbooks and he wasn't actively working to contradict what they were doing; however, the xoffice writers somehow was trying to make it appear they couldn't do anything with storm because of what was happening in the BP books. that was always bs and its hard to respect creators that simply can't say "we are not working on any storm stories now" as opposed to trying to throw another writer under the bus.

in regards to the goddess part he was talking about the dual role she had before becoming an xman. the interviewer even acknowledged the goddess development and was wondering how Coates navigated this considering he's atheist. there was no contradiction there.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-26-2021 at 01:25 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    omg!! thank you friend. I was actually going to post this:

it never made sense to me that a xmen own character would somehow be locked up by the bp offices. a few storm fans were looking to scapegoat Coates because of interviews Duggan had in the past in the regard. Nevertheless, coates knew what they were doing in the xbooks and he wasn't actively working to contradict what they were doing; however, the xoffice writers somehow was trying to make it appear they couldn't do anything with storm because of what was happening in the BP books. that was always bs and its hard to respect creators that simply can't say "we are not working on any storm stories now" as opposed to trying to throw another writer under the bus.

in regards to the goddess part he was talking about the dual role she had before becoming an xman. the interviewer even acknowledged the goddess development and was wondering how Coates navigated this considering he's atheist. there was no contradiction there.
    Either way even if thing goes the way they seem now, at least our girl never died and kept her self. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Either way even if thing goes the way they seem now, at least our girl never died and kept her self. lol
    that was a good thing I will say but bs that she couldn't clear the infection herself. imagine her purging herself of the virus by finally turning full elemental emerging a transformed being and back at full power. that was what I was hoping for originally before reading it but not dying is also good very good lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

that was a good thing I will say but bs that she couldn't clear the infection herself. imagine her purging herself of the virus by finally turning full elemental emerging a transformed being and back at full power. that was what I was hoping for originally before reading it but not dying is also good very good lol
    Last post for real now but i don't think hickman necessarily needs to write Storm, Storm when he can use her voice for techno virus storm but eh. again only time will tell. A very well crafted story but a very lazy left hook.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Last post for real now but i don't think hickman necessarily needs to write Storm, Storm when he can use her voice for techno virus storm but eh. again only time will tell. A very well crafted story but a very lazy left hook.
    IF and i say this again IF Ewing gets storm i believe she will be in good hands. Ewing is definitely a writer who respects canon and I can see her doing amazing, creative things with her.

Time will tell but I'm definitely over this "wait and see" process we tend to always find ourselves in with storm.

Actress Garcelle Beauvais is giving me Storm vibes with her wig

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

thats cute. love her

Yea Im still waiting for the fall out of Giant Size Storm. Techno virus did not bode well with me. Then jump into XoS with Death card and flirting with Death itself. Now off world she goes. I feel Hickman's Storm will not survive his run.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Yea Im still waiting for the fall out of Giant Size Storm. Techno virus did not bode well with me. Then jump into XoS with Death card and flirting with Death itself. Now off world she goes. I feel Hickman's Storm will not survive his run.
    well when you put it like that lolol

Yes I actually enjoyed the last issue too. I was hoping for one last hadari yao feat but understood it was the last issue and much of the intentionn deserved to be on tchalla. Also, yes yes yes to an all black team where she leads!!! Sign me the hell up lol.

Yea the fact she was able to contain all of spectrum power within her was impressive indeed. I would like to see more team up like this in the future.

what are you hoping to see next for storm now that bp Coates run is over?
    Same here but the team up was cool. Not as noteworthy but still awesome was her generating hypercold that easy stunned the venomized Killmonger (a break from endless lightning). What I really enjoyed was the dialogue amongst the characters, especially Storm & BP after the war ended. I was surprised by the interview with Coates. For someone who wasn't a fan of the pairing he rights them with such great chemistry. He has reinvigorated my appreciation for them as a couple, even when their moral, ethical or political agendas disagree. I feel like the way he ended his run left Storm and BP in a good place to just...be whatever works for them as people (no need to focus on King, Goddess, former queen but just two people who really care about and get each other).

Coates had some nice creative showings for Ororo throughout his run, but I think the Spectrum team up is a fave for me. We rarely seem them interact but they were clearly the heaviest hitters on the battlefield. It makes me think about the ultimate intimacy Storm shared with Rachel Grey during the World's End story arc, but that Spectrum's energy form inside Storm could potentially perceive the world and Storm connection to it in a way no others really have before.

I am not sure Storm will be appearing in the next BP run, which is fine for me, but I am hoping to see Storm take a unique and pivotal role with shaping the landscape of the X-verse (be it on her own in a solo or mini or leading a new team). Storm has had more agency built up for her over the past year but she needs more, and she needs to be given a universe-shaping influence on the level that Xavier/Magneto/Apoc/Frost had with building the foundation of Krakoa. She needs her own self-directed mission that has substantial impact (good/bad/controversial) for her as a character and the role of mutants/superhumans as a whole. I'm not sure what form that will take but I do want it to impactful and controversial. For examples:

- I feel that the Giant-Sized X-Men issue when she was cured and chose to fight for her life vs being resurrected is a potential plot line that could resurface to some good and potentially bad places for her
    - I think her favor from the Shiar has some great potential and should be explored
    - While she and Mystique are colleagues that tolerate each other I think Storm would support her getting her wife back, even if it brings her into conflict with Xavier and Magneto. Something neither of them would expect but something Storm would support
    - I think Death and his new home of Sevalith isn't done with Storm
    - I think the Orisha + Storm's own matrilineal line of of royal witch priestesses is long over due for exploration

The last one I think has the least potential to happen but the others are some interesting directions to take with Storm in directions that have great impact/ universe shaping potential

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Same here but the team up was cool. Not as noteworthy but still awesome was her generating hypercold that easy stunned the venomized Killmonger (a break from endless lightning). What I really enjoyed was the dialogue amongst the characters, especially Storm & BP after the war ended. I was surprised by the interview with Coates. For someone who wasn't a fan of the pairing he rights them with such great chemistry. He has reinvigorated my appreciation for them as a couple, even when their moral, ethical or political agendas disagree. I feel like the way he ended his run left Storm and BP in a good place to just...be whatever works for them as people (no need to focus on King, Goddess, former queen but just two people who really care about and get each other).

Coates had some nice creative showings for Ororo throughout his run, but I think the Spectrum team up is a fave for me. We rarely seem them interact but they were clearly the heaviest hitters on the battlefield. It makes me think about the ultimate intimacy Storm shared with Rachel Grey during the World's End story arc, but that Spectrum's energy form inside Storm could potentially perceive the world and Storm connection to it in a way no others really have before.

I am not sure Storm will be appearing in the next BP run, which is fine for me, but I am hoping to see Storm take a unique and pivotal role with shaping the landscape of the X-verse (be it on her own in a solo or mini or leading a new team). Storm has had more agency built up for her over the past year but she needs more, and she needs to be given a universe-shaping influence on the level that Xavier/Magneto/Apoc/Frost had with building the foundation of Krakoa. She needs her own self-directed mission that has substantial impact (good/bad/controversial) for her as a character and the role of mutants/superhumans as a whole. I'm not sure what form that will take but I do want it to impactful and controversial. For examples:

- I feel that the Giant-Sized X-Men issue when she was cured and chose to fight for her life vs being resurrected is a potential plot line that could resurface to some good and potentially bad places for her
    - I think her favor from the Shiar has some great potential and should be explored
    - While she and Mystique are colleagues that tolerate each other I think Storm would support her getting her wife back, even if it brings her into conflict with Xavier and Magneto. Something neither of them would expect but something Storm would support
    - I think Death and his new home of Sevalith isn't done with Storm
    - I think the Orisha + Storm's own matrilineal line of of royal witch priestesses is long over due for exploration

The last one I think has the least potential to happen but the others are some interesting directions to take with Storm in directions that have great impact/ universe shaping potential
    Listen, the dialogue between Ororo and Tchalla was the best part for me. I also loved the small detail that showed as he prepared for his coronation Ororo was helping him with his outfit. So minor but such a small detail demonstrated how they both have been there for each throughout the entirety of Coates run. I cannot find the article now but I want to say Coates revealed previously he wasn't a fan of the pairing so that wasn't necessarily s shocker for me but I too agree that despite whatever "hats" they wear they always find a way to be there for one another.

I would have liked to see a little bit more from the team up between spectrum and storm. they, as you noted were the heavy hitters so I was hoping their output would be larger than what we got; however, I appreciated these two using their powers together.

and agreed to her actually having a larger presence shaping the x-verse. all the things you mentioned definitely appear to be setting her up later for a larger conflict but I am hoping it goes beyond just conflict and opens her up to a greater role beyond where she is now. she has a position on the QC but I don't necessarily see her making those moves that feel important for krakao/mutants in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I've loved her since the Jamie Fox show
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

thank you Coates you did an amazing job! you will never be forgotten you took my favorite character and made her what she was always meant to be. good luck in your future endeavors and if you come back hopefully its with a storm solo.

Spectacular Member

thank you Coates you did an amazing job! you will never be forgotten you took my favorite character and made her what she was always meant to be. good luck in your future endeavors and if you come back hopefully its with a storm solo.
    As the BP fan of the thread for anyone curious if Ro will appear in another BP run the answer is yes. J Ridley will start his run in August and will pick up where Coates left off. Storm will appear in that run along with Blade and the Avengers, so look out for John Ridley in August. Storm is on the front cover of the debut issue drawn by Alex Ross along with the other characters i named, I'm sure Ridley will do her well.
    Last edited by Mekk80s; 05-26-2021 at 09:12 PM.