Page 292 of 772 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302342392 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 11576
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    lmaoooooooo

I wonder who would win in a fight between Storm and Batman
    Batman he has something storm doesn't capitalism.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea Storm must have a big story in SWORD if they’re being so quiet about it. But it’s still possible she ends up on whatever Hickman project he does. It’s nearly halfway through the year and we still have very little idea of what the plans are lol, give us the title she’ll be appearing in at least lol.

I don’t base my assessment of Ewing’s superior writing of POC characters based off Vita not being the best Storm writer. I think Vita does fine with POC characters, including Storm. I just think he’s a better writer than her in general and virtually every non-white writer at Marvel.

But unlike other talents like say Ben Percy (who’s been underperforming on X-Force), Ewing goes out of his way to highlight his POC characters, which means he tends to do a better job of characterizing and developing them than most everyone in the industry (regardless of race).
    Agreed and co-signed!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Storm has potential to manipulate “reality” by that I mean her EM abilities. She has the potential to use those abilities to manipulate on a molecular or atomic level basically making her an elemental Sersi. But writers aren’t versatile with the energies Storm control.
    My question was to streatch her abilities as marvel can't do that. Like what does it mean to be an omega weather manipulator. I think kyss or another asked once on comicvine. I have been thinking about that I mean she is also mystical in nature so I can believe the cotton candy stuff being from magic but her mutation I don't think can allow this it has limits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    So, if Storm were teleported to a world where it actually did rain frogs and cotton candy, she'd be able to summon it as easily as she does our rain? Or am I missing something in all of this, lol?
    I think so since those are the weather effects of that environment. Then on that note isn't she severely handicapped in an area where the atmosphere is very thin say mars or mercury. She is as strong as the elements at her disposal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    You obviously didn’t comprehend my response. I said her electromagnetic abilities (which is a versatile power set alone) allows her to manipulate inorganic or organic matter on a atomic or molecular scale. Which means if writers ever bothered to explore that power set she could a elemental sersi. Last time I checked air, ions, gas and more can be manipulated
    I don't think they would ever go that far into her abilities. It's in their best interest to not make her anymore powerful than she is to be able to tell believable stories still. Because once she can do all that why does she need a team I mean many are asking now and all she does in the majority is throw lighting and wind imagine then.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Every Storm fan knows that.
    But the discussion was about being able to create frog storms and cotton candy rain.
    Oh yh I think they mean electromagnetism as the force that governs all chemical and physical phenomena except for mass and celestial motion. If EM is a subset of her omega power she has in theory the power to affect matter on an atomic level. That would make the cotton candy rain not soo crazy anymore lol.
    But like I said marvel can't go that deep or else trouble.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yes. Exactly. The two of them in SWORD makes that book a must read for me, as I’m a fan of both characters. More so than anyone else currently in that book. And Ewing seems like a very capable writer.

They haven’t had much direct interaction since the 90s, you are correct. I always liked their friendship. Not pushing for a romance, just a friendship. Seems like they’re both pretty intelligent, well traveled souls and thus would get along.
    yes I would very much enjoy a friendship between the two. I enjoyed their team-up against hulk and even in her mini they definitely seemed to have a deep bond for one another.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    What do we think of her statements here. Can she really create storms of locust or make it rain frogs?

Attachment 110032
    I never read ultimate xmen so im not familiar with that but I think she could doing tornado fire naturally but not the other stuff she mentioned.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Oh yh I think they mean electromagnetism as the force that governs all chemical and physical phenomena except for mass and celestial motion. If EM is a subset of her omega power she has in theory the power to affect matter on an atomic level. That would make the cotton candy rain not soo crazy anymore lol.
    But like I said marvel can't go that deep or else trouble.
    So let me understand this...because she might theoretically be able to affect matter on an atomic level she should be able to turn H2O into frogs?
    Then that would make her a reality warper...which she is not...and probably the real reason why Marvel won't go that deep.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

how does one explain what she did when she healed the Trion dimension:

Storm fans, what are her weaknesses?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So...Storm is an omnipotent weather manipulator who can create frog storms and cotton candy rain out of nothing...yeah...
    On that note...I'm out.
    I mean technically once she learn her untap magical elder gods bloodline that created the eye of armagato deity magical Windrider abilities I'm sure she be able to. I mean she is the Marvel universe Goddess. Hello Megan!

As for Adult Cable joining S.W.O.R.D along with Storm. Sound great and an interesting duo and read. I just hope they don't ship them together and try to rekindle what was once hinted upon.
    I'm here for the Royal couple. Not Storm joining the Grey/Summer line. She does not need to be another Lorna. I want Storm to be responsible for her own Omega babies
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 05-29-2021 at 02:31 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That Trion feat while phenomenal, they never say exactly how she did what she did. But...I'm guessing

Going by what Gambit says and that realm was essentially an alternate dimension where the energies the Trion were channeling were "magical" in nature, and Storm, being attuned to magical energies...she was able to eventually acclimate to it and manipulate it on a dimensional scale. As she would any other unfamiliar environment.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That makes sense to me. Its ultimately just energy she manipulates. She is not a reality warper her mutant powers allow for the manipulation of natural forces and energy. Can she rearrange molecules? Well she has definitely manipulated atoms such as when she fought Silver Surfer in space. However, her mutant powers don't allow her to create something from nothing.

Not talking Hadari yao powers. Not sure what she can do when in her godhead form.

Sidebar i love that Coates made Storm a goddess and Black Panther an emperor. Here really did some out of the box stuff and I hope it continues with the next writer.