Page 293 of 772 FirstFirst ... 193243283289290291292293294295296297303343393 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 11576

I think a compelling argument could be made that Storm actually is a 'reality warper', who just subconsciously limits herself to 'weather effects'. What else is 'the weather' other than 'the local state of reality', after all. When you get down to it, by controlling things down to the subatomic scale, up to the dimensional scale, she really could do anything if she wants to. Ultimately it's fruitless to speculate too much, since she's branded as 'Storm', so those rare feats aside, lightning and wind are the main tools she employs on the page, but if you really think about it, there should be no limit to her powers [particularly if she accesses her magical/divine heritage].
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think a compelling argument could be made that Storm actually is a 'reality warper', who just subconsciously limits herself to 'weather effects'. What else is 'the weather' other than 'the local state of reality', after all. When you get down to it, by controlling things down to the subatomic scale, up to the dimensional scale, she really could do anything if she wants to. Ultimately it's fruitless to speculate too much, since she's branded as 'Storm', so those rare feats aside, lightning and wind are the main tools she employs on the page, but if you really think about it, there should be no limit to her powers [particularly if she accesses her magical/divine heritage].
    first off welcome back you been mia.

to the point about reality warping I understand that argument as that explains how we see her doing feats beyond just weather; however, even with that she still has to work with atoms/molecules that are present in the natural world. she can create atoms/molecules from nothing which would place her in the actual category of reality warpers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That definition of reality warping is pretty...esoteric. Even by Marvel Universe standards. She doesn't really limit herself rather that's just how her specific mutant powers work...across a myriad of spectrums and dimensions.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    That makes sense to me. Its ultimately just energy she manipulates. She is not a reality warper her mutant powers allow for the manipulation of natural forces and energy. Can she rearrange molecules? Well she has definitely manipulated atoms such as when she fought Silver Surfer in space. However, her mutant powers don't allow her to create something from nothing.

Not talking Hadari yao powers. Not sure what she can do when in her godhead form.

Sidebar i love that Coates made Storm a goddess and Black Panther an emperor. Here really did some out of the box stuff and I hope it continues with the next writer.
    She is an energy manipulator, but the difference between her and someone like Vulcan for example is that he directly manipulates all types of energy itself. Storm manipulates the conditions of energy within an natural atmosphere or medium. She can control the direction, speed, density, temperature, pressure, humidity, etc of the atmosphere by manipulating the natural forces and energy patterns contained within it. There is energy moving all the time around us in fluid mediums such as the air, the water, and the sun. If you look under the microscope you can see the particles moving because of kinetic energy, in a solid the particles are stuck together and just vibrate because they have very little kinetic .They have no patterns, no movement. That’s why it’s the only thing she can’t manipulate. It also aligns with her story as she hates to be confined. She likes to be free in the air and space and it’s in those two mediums where her powers shine the most.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    She is an energy manipulator, but the difference between her and someone like Vulcan for example is that he directly manipulates all types of energy itself. Storm manipulates the conditions of energy within an natural atmosphere or medium. She can control the direction, speed, density, temperature, pressure, humidity, etc of the atmosphere by manipulating the natural forces and energy patterns contained within it. There is energy moving all the time around us in fluid mediums such as the air, the water, and the sun. If you look under the microscope you can see the particles moving because of kinetic energy, in a solid the particles are stuck together and just vibrate because they have very little kinetic .They have no patterns, no movement. That’s why it’s the only thing she can’t manipulate. It also aligns with her story as she hates to be confined. She likes to be free in the air and space and it’s in those two mediums where her powers shine the most.
    what types of energy can Vulcan control that storm wouldnt be able to? are you saying energy such as kinetic and potential energies she cannot control? you said "that's why its the only thing she can't manipulate" but not sure exactly what you're referring to here.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-29-2021 at 04:54 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what types of energy can Vulcan control that storm wouldnt be able to? are you saying energy such as kinetic and potential energies she cannot control? you said "that's why its the only thing she can't manipulate" but not sure exactly what you're referring to here.
    Specifically speaking of her mutant ability, as far as kinetic and potential energy those are natural so she can control them, Vulcan has also controlled unnatural forms of energy such as magic, and other mutants powers. She’s not a telekinetic so she can’t exactly move something like a solid that isn’t already in motion.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Incredible Member

We’re forgetting Storm is a energy manipulator that specializes in weather manipulation. As stated about if Marvel actually went into depth of the energies Storm control she could very well warp “reality”.. Quantum manipulation is a sub power of EM manipulation. EM is a vast power set alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Specifically speaking of her mutant ability, as far as kinetic and potential energy those are natural so she can control them, Vulcan has also controlled unnatural forms of energy such as magic, and other mutants powers. She’s not a telekinetic so she can’t exactly move something like a solid that isn’t already in motion.
    oh so you are speaking about psionic energy. ok u guess that is fair though I would argue she move things with her mind by way of manipulating wind or electrons such as when she created wind in the world dimension. she can't directly pick up an object and move it like a tk would but her wind in many ways does behave similarly.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    We’re forgetting Storm is a energy manipulator that specializes in weather manipulation. As stated about if Marvel actually went into depth of the energies Storm control she could very well warp “reality”.. Quantum manipulation is a sub power of EM manipulation. EM is a vast power set alone.

shouldn't she be able to manipulate em as well?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-29-2021 at 06:47 PM.

Incredible Member

^^ Yes I was just stating vast of a power set EM is. She has the abilities to transmute if marvel really went into her powers. I don’t think that would ever happen. Magneto doesn’t even do it and that’s his main power unlike Storm. Plus to keep her from becoming too powerful. She already got a godhead which oneshotted a multiversal demon and a bug that can tank black holes and worm holes.

Incredible Member

In fact Storm has already shown basic abilities of her transmutation by warping her clothes. She even used lightning to make clothes from nothing. The ability is here but it just not explored.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    ^^ Yes I was just stating vast of a power set EM is. She has the abilities to transmute if marvel really went into her powers. I don’t think that would ever happen. Magneto doesn’t even do it and that’s his main power unlike Storm. Plus to keep her from becoming too powerful. She already got a godhead which oneshotted a multiversal demon and a bug that can tank black holes and worm holes.
    I got you. I honestly wouldn't mind that piece be ignored if that part if they truly explore her godhead abilities

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    So let me understand this...because she might theoretically be able to affect matter on an atomic level she should be able to turn H2O into frogs?
    Then that would make her a reality warper...which she is not...and probably the real reason why Marvel won't go that deep.
    Not really matter manipulation is not reality warping. They are different abilities usually mistaken for the other. Matter manipulation can't control at least in theory forces like gravity, space, time, concepts like order, chaos....etc. it's limited to materials or substances. But on the EM from yes she can in THEORY because em is the energy that governs all physical phenomenon chemistry, biology all fundamentally work due to EM and if she has direct control over this fundamental force on an omega level then yh in THEORY it should be possible to transmute matter. But like I said this is likely never to be explored.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That definition of reality warping is pretty...esoteric. Even by Marvel Universe standards. She doesn't really limit herself rather that's just how her specific mutant powers work...across a myriad of spectrums and dimensions.
    Yh exactly it's abstract based changing very concepts and rules not exactly matter manipulation. They interact with laws and principles which govern reality but in various ways through magic, psionics, quantum, universal...etc. that is why they are the strongest manipulators because they control the very rules.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Storm fans, what are her weaknesses?
    Hello, so you seem not to be able to read the title of this thread here is a thread where we discuss storm. We are open to all interpretations of her even hypotheticals, if you find some of that ridiculous you can either add to the conversations or leave if you are going to make unnecessary quips or jabs to her fans.
    Thank you for your cooperation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I don't know about reality itself, but I do believe weather means very different things in the universe than it does on earth. I mean the storms and black hole are particle accelerators one uses wind and magnetic energy the other uses gravity and magnetic energy. But like you said she is STORM and that would only apply her to the proverbial sense that is earth weather wind lightning and if lucky rain or hail. Plus like I said her power is likely not going to get development because they would mess with plot and story telling.