Page 298 of 772 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308348398 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    My take - irrespective of Storm being more powerful than Thor, IW or Strange I think the common thread in these posts is we’re ready for Storm to be regularly battle tested like them on panel. All of these characters had chances to take on some of the MU’s most well known/high profile powerful beings solo (respectfully winning or losing), but it is very rare for Storm to be tested in the same way, & we’re ready to see what omega level weather manipulation looks like. Nothing wrong with that.

Sticking in the vein of combat profiency and power I think we’ve been ready for Storm to get her turn at bat in the big leagues with some of the well known names and to get a definitive result on her omega level power. We’ve seen it with Magneto, Jean & Iceman but not quite yet with Storm. IW is also a good example. Even though IW lost she got show how much ass she could kick when pressed to fight the Avengers, which was one of my favorite demonstrations of how amazing she is. I don’t think she is more powerful than Thor, but seeing her grab his hammer with her power and remove him while fighting off so many capable opponents was completely badass, creative and expected of seasoned hero like her. Love reading action scenes like that where it justs a well thought out battle. If Storm gets some good lengthy focus in this regard I think it would make these conversations about her powers more productive (and friendlier for all).
    well said as always!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    My take - irrespective of Storm being more powerful than Thor, IW or Strange I think the common thread in these posts is we’re ready for Storm to be regularly battle tested like them on panel. All of these characters had chances to take on some of the MU’s most well known/high profile powerful beings solo (respectfully winning or losing), but it is very rare for Storm to be tested in the same way, & we’re ready to see what omega level weather manipulation looks like. Nothing wrong with that.

Sticking in the vein of combat profiency and power I think we’ve been ready for Storm to get her turn at bat in the big leagues with some of the well known names and to get a definitive result on her omega level power. We’ve seen it with Magneto, Jean & Iceman but not quite yet with Storm. IW is also a good example. Even though IW lost she got show how much ass she could kick when pressed to fight the Avengers, which was one of my favorite demonstrations of how amazing she is. I don’t think she is more powerful than Thor, but seeing her grab his hammer with her power and remove him while fighting off so many capable opponents was completely badass, creative and expected of seasoned hero like her. Love reading action scenes like that where it justs a well thought out battle. If Storm gets some good lengthy focus in this regard I think it would make these conversations about her powers more productive (and friendlier for all).

Exactly! It's storms turn to play the big game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Your perspective is very interesting. It's almost like you simultaneously said opposite things with that statement. I simply brought an electro feat stating how diverse and versatile electricity as an ability is and storm having access to more energies should be able to take this a step further and you see that as silly? Like TF! Why is it silly that storm is stronger than Sue or strange, why does it not sit right with you? I have been noticing you say wired things like low-key trying to low-ball storm in her own thread. Who said it's a competition over here! please point me to the person who said it's a competition. If they are different charachters we shouldn't compare because? Don't you understand that it's a normal part of comic book discourse to compare charachters?there is a whole comic universe because of this? Or that whole aspect is lost on you. 🙄🙄🙄 Chile let me stop before I say something I regret.
    It is quite silly has strange has proven to be beyond any other hero we know, from constantly fighting cosmic entities to actually borrowing their power, making such a statement is quite heavy for someone like storm who doesnt have the feats that stand to strange's simply with her mutant powers.

BANNED

Imo i think ewing can be trusted to write storm at the best of her abilities. I think it's one of the main reasons why immortal hulk was accepted so well, the immortal hulk story is so good.
    Shaman nate was bs and imo one of the worst marvel characters, right next to sentry and his "i was here all along capable of beating galactus and all".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    Imo i think ewing can be trusted to write storm at the best of her abilities. I think it's one of the main reasons why immortal hulk was accepted so well, the immortal hulk story is so good.
    Shaman nate was bs and imo one of the worst marvel characters, right next to sentry and his "i was here all along capable of beating galactus and all".
    I for one do not want her to beat galactus or do a I could beat him all along situation. I just want creative writers who will push her and test her abilities to grow because there is something very sad about a charachter with his much potential just throwing lightning. I like most storm fans want her powers employed in new creative ways, to tap into the vast versatility of her powerset. But we don't get that. Under Ewing I believe she would be pushed to grow in her power.

BANNED

It is quite silly has strange has proven to be beyond any other hero we know, from constantly fighting cosmic entities to actually borrowing their power, making such a statement is quite heavy for someone like storm who doesnt have the feats that stand to strange's simply with her mutant powers.
    Ehhh that's why we are advocating for her to get her power tested and pushed and her divinity explored because it's not a silly notion but due to the sheer lack of battle tested feats and lack of any development by writers for over 20 years the biggest ones being she has a godhead which makes her a bigger god that adversary and that she is a bonfied omega level mutant, nothing.
    Had knull said what he said about jean, iceman or magneto instead of storm people would be more inclined to believe it even though her high end feats trump theirs. It's because they as Wind Rider stated have been tested and pushed to grow in ways that no one thought possible.
    Last edited by dirtynun; 05-31-2021 at 01:15 AM.

I for one do not want her to beat galactus or do a I could beat him all along situation. I just want creative writers who will push her and test her abilities to grow because there is something very sad about a charachter with his much potential just throwing lightning. I like most storm fans want her powers employed in new creative ways, to tap into the vast versatility of her powerset. But we don't get that. Under Ewing I believe she would be pushed to grow in her power.
    didn't jean beat galactus in an alternate future? if she can do it certainly storm can

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    didn't jean beat galactus in an alternate future? if she can do it certainly storm can

It's not what I am looking for but I won't object to it happening, I mean jean did it why can't storm. But my focus is on the power itself expanding and growing along with her lineage and legacy being explored. I want to know what Ashake's life was like. How the rain queens tie into her lineage how her family is connected to the dawn of atlantis it seems why their hair is white and their eyes blue. What is the legend of the wind rider. Who are the past wind riders, how did they attain divinity in their bloodline...etc. I want all these answered but we get more if the same grey/summers family stuff shoved down our throat.

BANNED

I 100% agree with this. Just throwung lightning is kinda meh, I liked that in the fantastic four run she uses elements to create either h-bombs, she could very well be a cosmic player if hickman allowed it so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Jean, with a phoenix raptor + absorbing galactus+ 4 surfer's psionic powers alledgedly was able to contend with galactus, but the comic never stated that she won.

And no, just because future jean gets an unknown power up out of nowhere doesnt mean every other character can. It was strictly bs to show what if she absorbed a ridiculous amount of psionic energy.

BANNED

Ehhh that's why we are advocating for her to get her power tested and pushed and her divinity explored because it's not a silly notion but due to the sheer lack of battle tested feats and lack of any development by writers for over 20 years the biggest ones being she has a godhead which makes her a bigger god that adversary and that she is a bonfied omega level mutant, nothing.
    Had knull said what he said about jean, iceman or magneto instead of storm people would be more inclined to believe it even though her high end feats trump theirs. It's because they as Wind Rider stated have been tested and pushed to grow in ways that no one thought possible.
    No, if knull had said that any of those characters were more powerful than STRANGE, no one besides those characters fanboys/girls would believe, because strange has proven time and time again, he's far and beyond any other hero including bs characters like the sentry.

Fantastic Member

The problem is that many writers choose to ignore the fact that she can tap into more mediums than just “earths atmosphere”. She doesn’t have to leave earth to control space weather. That’s why I loved that Claremont established her powers operate on a cosmic level.

Also Coates run showing her manipulating solar energy from the sun to create a worldwide aurora, and splitting the ozone layer and magnetic field. And as a skrull, manipulating specific wavelengths of EM energy and channeling it through herself like lightning.
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I completely understand wanting her powers explored...but...as I've stated many times in this thread...it's not a competition especially among heroes. It should never be that. So placing her above Sue Storm and Dr. Strange is silly and irrelevant. Comparing her to Electro is equally pointless because they're two distinctly separate characters with vastly different in-story motivations and written by different people.

Genuine question: So, why? What purpose does it serve?
    Imaginary bragging rights and to distract her feat obsessed fans with the fact that she hasn't actually mattered as a character in almost two decades.

Let's continue to ignore the fact that she's now more irrelevant to the franchise than Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde when we can boast about her being more powerful than Dr Strange (Whut) cause a writer humouring said feat obsessed fans on twitter said so.

It's sickening that Marvel's premier black female character is treated this way but I guess none of that matters now that we know she's the omegas omega (Cringe).

It's not what I am looking for but I won't object to it happening, I mean jean did it why can't storm. But my focus is on the power itself expanding and growing along with her lineage and legacy being explored. I want to know what Ashake's life was like. How the rain queens tie into her lineage how her family is connected to the dawn of atlantis it seems why their hair is white and their eyes blue. What is the legend of the wind rider. Who are the past wind riders, how did they attain divinity in their bloodline...etc. I want all these answered but we get more if the same grey/summers family stuff shoved down our throat.

I would like that too.

Jean, with a phoenix raptor + absorbing galactus+ 4 surfer's psionic powers alledgedly was able to contend with galactus, but the comic never stated that she won.

And no, just because future jean gets an unknown power up out of nowhere doesnt mean every other character can. It was strictly bs to show what if she absorbed a ridiculous amount of psionic energy.
    storm has channeled the energies of millions of stars, defeated Trion in their own dimension and healed their dimension, as well as defeated an universal threat adversary. our girl doesn't need any power ups as how she operates now us sufficient enough. i can see storm draining galactus of all of the energy he has acquired that he gained by earing planets essentially making him inert.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Imaginary bragging rights and to distract her feat obsessed fans with the fact that she hasn't actually mattered as a character in almost two decades.

Let's continue to ignore the fact that she's now more irrelevant to the franchise than Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde when we can boast about her being more powerful than Dr Strange (Whut) cause a writer humouring said feat obsessed fans on twitter said so.

It's sickening that Marvel's premier black female character is treated this way but I guess none of that matters now that we know she's the omegas omega (Cringe).
    I totally agree with you. Storm should be way more prominent than she's been in a long time (I guess we'll see what her joining SWORD does, if that's what's happening), but all anybody seems to care about are FEATS and how much more powerful she is than every other character. It's like, a joke.