Page 299 of 772 FirstFirst ... 199249289295296297298299300301302303309349399 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,485 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    The problem is that many writers choose to ignore the fact that she can tap into more mediums than just “earths atmosphere”. She doesn’t have to leave earth to control space weather. That’s why I loved that Claremont established her powers operate on a cosmic level.

Also Coates run showing her manipulating solar energy from the sun to create a worldwide aurora, and splitting the ozone layer and magnetic field. And as a skrull, manipulating specific wavelengths of EM energy and channeling it through herself like lightning.
    agreed to all of this. Jordan d white once mentioned that it didn't make sense for her powers to work in space and I was dumbfounded. how could you say that as an xmen editor. im like did you miss one of the biggest runs of the xmen written by Claremont where he literally explains her powers are intensified in space because of the vast amounts of energy at her disposal?

wait when the Coates show her manipulating solar energy from the sun? are you talking about this?

Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-31-2021 at 12:03 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Imaginary bragging rights and to distract her feat obsessed fans with the fact that she hasn't actually mattered as a character in almost two decades.

Let's continue to ignore the fact that she's now more irrelevant to the franchise than Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde when we can boast about her being more powerful than Dr Strange (Whut) cause a writer humouring said feat obsessed fans on twitter said so.

It's sickening that Marvel's premier black female character is treated this way but I guess none of that matters now that we know she's the omegas omega (Cringe).
    Yh I have been thinking about that statement now it feels like mockery. Like he never said yes he just coyly said she is the omega's omega like what the F does that mean. I was told by another fan that he was most likely trolling but was trying to seem covert and discrete about it. I even asked how is she the omegas omega when legion has 200 omega level personalities in his head. Like how does that work. I don't know but that statement Duggan said and the new perspective I have on what he said makes me see his run in a whole new light.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    agreed to all of this. Jordan d white once mentioned that it didn't make sense for her powers to work in space and I was dumbfounded. how could you say that as an xmen editor. im like did you miss one of the biggest runs of the xmen written by Claremont where he literally explains her powers are intensified in space because of the vast amounts of energy at her disposal?

wait when the Coates show her manipulating solar energy from the sun? are you talking about this?

He was drastically dragged for that foolishness

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    He was drastically dragged for that foolishness
    lololol i hate to see creators being told but in that instance I could understand the dragging. I dont recall anyone being disrespectful which was good but I did notice after storm fans showed him receipts he retreated for twitter for a long period.

Yh I have been thinking about that statement now it feels like mockery. Like he never said yes he just coyly said she is the omega's omega like what the F does that mean. I was told by another fan that he was most likely trolling but was trying to seem covert and discrete about it. I even asked how is she the omegas omega when legion has 200 omega level personalities in his head. Like how does that work. I don't know but that statement Duggan said and the new perspective I have on what he said makes me see his run in a whole new light.
    Duggan said the Omega's omega thing as a result of showing her in the comic as being knulls most powerful avatar. was he trolling when he had knull make that statement? the man likes storm and wasn't trolling that much is clear. whoever said that probably doesn't consider storm their favorite if I had to take a wager.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

lololol i hate to see creators being told but in that instance I could understand the dragging. I dont recall anyone being disrespectful which was good but I did notice after storm fans showed him receipts he retreated for twitter for a long period.
    That was a very satisfying day. Also what do you think about the omegas omega statement because I now have a strong feeling that Duggan was trolling. Like he says she is omegas omega and has her doing next to nothing in his run. I feel like we as her fans kind of fell for it because of the disrespect she has endured for soo long sans Coates. I think I now understand you fully why you deeply appreciate Coates and what he did for her. Because outside him no true development none. Just glorified baby sitting.

Duggan said the Omega's omega thing as a result of showing her in the comic as being knulls most powerful avatar. was he trolling when he had knull make that statement? the man likes storm and wasn't trolling that much is clear. whoever said that probably doesn't consider storm their favorite if I had to take a wager.
    Duggan stated this to you? I guess it was private then. But that statement just feels wired he could have just said yes or no but he had to just say that and he hasn't once backed it up in over 20 issues. And now he is writing planet size which even dampens my expectations even more for the book. I mean it's cool he is a storm fan but remember x-men gold writer said he was a fan too and we got well....

That was a very satisfying day. Also what do you think about the omegas omega statement because I now have a strong feeling that Duggan was trolling. Like he says she is omegas omega and has her doing next to nothing in his run. I feel like we as her fans kind of fell for it because of the disrespect she has endured for soo long sans Coates. I think I now understand you fully why you deeply appreciate Coates and what he did for her. Because outside him no true development none. Just glorified baby sitting.
    no I don't think he was trolling. if he had said it randomly to a poster asking that question then I would have questioned it but that response was due to a canonical statement made regarding storm.

that said, his handling of her has definitely been underwhelming. we got some cute things but it was very lacking in comparison to what we saw from Coates.

Duggan stated this to you? I guess it was private then. But that statement just feels wired he could have just said yes or no but he had to just say that and he hasn't once backed it up in over 20 issues. And now he is writing planet size which even dampens my expectations even more for the book. I mean it's cool he is a storm fan but remember x-men gold writer said he was a fan too and we got well....

no it was all public. the user was asking about that statement knull made in kib. knull didn't absorb dr. strange he was only captured but the other heroes who were included thor, hulk, invisible woman. so Duggan put that out there in 616 as her being the most powerful. it wouldn't make any sense for him to do that only to follow it up with a trollish statement, at least not to me.

Fantastic Member

Of course he was trolling. The writers/editors don't give two shits about feats/battles or which Omega is more Omega than all the other Omegas. They write the characters to suit whatever story they want to tell. On paper, Storm is more powerful than both Cyclops and Wolverine but that doesn't mean a writer can't have either of them beat Storm in battle, omega or not, which both have in the past despite fEaTz. It's IRRELEVANT. The fact that his trolling has gone over heads is cringe.

We need to focus on her missue as a BLACK WOMAN with NO VOICE in 2021. Remember when she was just as central a player to the mythos as Scott & Jean? Now she doesn't even come close to them. That's what we should be arguing for. Instead Duggan's response shows just how little respect they have for Storm fans.
    Last edited by OmegaStorm87; 05-31-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Of course he was trolling. The writers/editors don't give two shits about feats/battles or which Omega is more Omega than all the other Omegas. They write the characters to suit whatever story they want to tell. On paper, Storm is more powerful than both Cyclops and Wolverine but that doesn't mean a writer can't have either of them beat Storm in battle omega or not, which both have in the past despite fEaTz. It's IRRELEVANT. The fact that his trolling has gone over heads is cringe.

We need to focus on her missue as a BLACK WOMAN with NO VOICE in 2021. Remember when she was just as central a player to the mythos as Scott & Jean? Now she doesn't even come close to them. That's what we should be arguing for. Instead Duggan's response shows just how little respect they have for Storm fans.
    its a comicbook about super-powered beings of course feats are relevant. its like some people read comics as if they are literary non-fiction biographies or something. attempting to shame comic readers for wanting to see FeAtz considering this fact is what is cringy.

that said I do agree with the last part. storm fans have been focused on it. petitions have been created, fans have directly messaged marvel and creators alike asking for the very thing you mentioned. to think that storm fans have not been doing this because they also want to see her written as she created to be, which is powerful too, isn't accurate at all.

BANNED

no it was all public. the user was asking about that statement knull made in kib. knull didn't absorb dr. strange he was only captured but the other heroes who were included thor, hulk, invisible woman. so Duggan put that out there in 616 as her being the most powerful. it wouldn't make any sense for him to do that only to follow it up with a trollish statement, at least not to me.
    Yh I get that but do you notice how he doesn't really answer the question just states that statement which we all fully know he is not really going to address it or back it up. He just said it like that is supposed to be charachter development of some sort. In all his 20 issue run storm has done nothing to signify this. Like even charachter we got nothing just storm baby sitting kitty like that's literally one of her major motivations for joining the marauders aside helping other people. Then we got marauders 13 which was just hmmmm no comment. Sky breaker had a wack back story with a redundant place in the entire storyline. I can truly say only Coates has done something with storm has given her direction but we'll that couldn't be explored because he had to focus on bp but he still did his best for her. And for that I will always be greatfull

Yh I get that but do you notice how he doesn't really answer the question just states that statement which we all fully know he is not really going to address it or back it up. He just said it like that is supposed to be charachter development of some sort. In all his 20 issue run storm has done nothing to signify this. Like even charachter we got nothing just storm baby sitting kitty like that's literally one of her major motivations for joining the marauders aside helping other people. Then we got marauders 13 which was just hmmmm no comment. Sky breaker had a wack back story with a redundant place in the entire storyline. I can truly say only Coates has done something with storm has given her direction but we'll that couldn't be explored because he had to focus on bp but he still did his best for her. And for that I will always be greatfull

first off before I get into what his response is the more important thing is what was said in canon:

that is all that matters in context of 616. whether he was trolling or not is irrelevant to canon.

now to his response, I believe he gave a response that supports what he wrote in that story. the reality is that Coates really changed the trajectory of the character. she was shown by the xoffices barely able to do anything about a cloud and coates came in a wrote her as a goddess. many fans began to call the writers out for this I truly believe this lead to one of the reasons why she was included as an omega. that said, I agree his storm hasn't done anything impressive powerwise but it seems like planetsize may be setting her up for something big. also, with my interactions with Duggan on twitter he is pretty straight forward. if he wanted to say storm wasn't powerful he was just say it. he wouldn't go the route of being passive aggressive.

BANNED

its a comicbook about super-powered beings of course feats are relevant. its like some people read comics as if they are literary non-fiction biographies or something. attempting to shame comic readers for wanting to see FeAtz considering this fact is what is cringy.

that said I do agree with the last part. storm fans have been focused on it. petitions have been created, fans have directly messaged marvel and creators alike asking for the very thing you mentioned. to think that storm fans have not been doing this because they also want to see her written as she created to be, which is powerful too, isn't accurate at all.
    I think omegastorm87 is onto something, remember how I said this whole run has felt like wired for storm like she is here but she is not here. She there just to be there. They gave her nice titles and to lead the people when it comes to celebrating resurections but all that feels hollow. It feels like she has no pull on the island the story revolves around magneto, moira,xavier...with jean, cyclops, nightcrawler, Emma, kate and such all having pivotal roles in shaping the nation and it's future whilst storm is babysitting Kate and sitting on a table talk show which can't even handle the children crisis on the island. Like help make it make sense. I for one do not care about that island and it's mess, I would like storm to leave them to do their thing and she move on to the marvel universe at large because whatever is going on on that island is really not her problem.

I think omegastorm87 is onto something, remember how I said this whole run has felt like wired for storm like she is here but she is not here. She there just to be there. They gave her nice titles and to lead the people when it comes to celebrating resurections but all that feels hollow. It feels like she has no pull on the island the story revolves around magneto, moira,xavier...with jean, cyclops, nightcrawler, Emma, kate and such all having pivotal roles in shaping the nation and it's future whilst storm is babysitting Kate and sitting on a table talk show which can't even handle the children crisis on the island. Like help make it make sense. I for one do not care about that island and it's mess, I would like storm to leave them to do their thing and she move on to the marvel universe at large because whatever is going on on that island is really not her problem.
    I actually agree with that user that storm should certainly have a bigger voice. I've said it as much many times but to assert that because fans want to see her do impressive things powerwise suggest we don't care about other areas where she is lacking is simply false.

case in point, under Coates direction we saw storm not only do amazing feats but he also had her discuss topics around being a black person in America and explored deeper ties to her father and his heritage. When have we seen any of this in the xbooks? What i loved about coates is he was able to find this balance with a character that wasn't even the main character in his books. So what is the xoffices excuse? They would rather show her fighting black people to make an unnecessary point about being independent. We discussed that here many times especially after that marauders issue that vita wrote. So their point is valid but we can want them to do better in all aspects of her character not just one or two things.

I love this fan art. Storm looks like she is the protector in this picture

I love this fan art. Storm looks like she is the protector in this picture

Wow. Who's the artist. This looks top quality. Would love this type of artwork for a animated series.

Also can't lie,I like the micro skirt thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Wow. Who's the artist. This looks top quality. Would love this type of artwork for a animated series.
    here is their Twitter account

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasskenster/media

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Also can't lie,I like the micro skirt thingy.
    yes that is very cute indeed.

BANNED

first off before I get into what his response is the more important thing is what was said in canon:

that is all that matters in context of 616. whether he was trolling or not is irrelevant to canon.

now to his response, I believe he gave a response that supports what he wrote in that story. the reality is that Coates really changed the trajectory of the character. she was shown by the xoffices barely able to do anything about a cloud and coates came in a wrote her as a goddess. many fans began to call the writers out for this I truly believe this lead to one of the reasons why she was included as an omega. that said, I agree his storm hasn't done anything impressive powerwise but it seems like planetsize may be setting her up for something big. also, with my interactions with Duggan on twitter he is pretty straight forward. if he wanted to say storm wasn't powerful he was just say it. he wouldn't go the route of being passive aggressive.
    If I am going to be blunt I am not really excited for planet size. They did the same with xos and we got well... I believe storm is just going to create more wind rain and lightning but this time on a planetary scale ammped by hope because she is there too. I will wait for you all to read and see what happens before I purchase the book but I really doubt I would be woowed. I mean the x office is severely lacking in creativity when it comes to storms powers and I do not think this is about to change. But I hope I am wrong but honestly I know I am not which is a testament to the xoffice and their consistent mismanagement of storm.

If I am going to be blunt I am not really excited for planet size. They did the same with xos and we got well... I believe storm is just going to create more wind rain and lightning but this time on a planetary scale ammped by hope because she is there too. I will wait for you all to read and see what happens before I purchase the book but I really doubt I would be woowed. I mean the x office is severely lacking in creativity when it comes to storms powers and I do not think this is about to change. But I hope I am wrong but honestly I know I am not which is a testament to the xoffice and their consistent mismanagement of storm.
    lolol truthfully I'm not either. this is what I'm slick expecting to see:

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw this. storm honestly should be able to do whatever magneto and iceman are there to do. like being an xman handicaps her in many ways because of some of the over lapping abilities.

full transparency i think storm should be able to do everything in those panels on her own with the exception of beast.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-31-2021 at 01:42 PM.