Page 3 of 772 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

My question came from reading xmen16.
    The way isca kept calling them soft and nice in other words weak To Mag and Xaiver. And her reaction to Humans still being in existence and thriving seem to only prove that point.
    I don't see a Real reason for them to attack Wakanda for no other reason than just being a super power human nation who warrior like attitude matches them. I could see them wanting to see what was up with Wakanda.

Incredible Member

When does BP come out? I hope she has some good feats

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    The way isca kept calling them soft and nice in other words weak To Mag and Xaiver. And her reaction to Humans still being in existence and thriving seem to only prove that point.
    I don't see a Real reason for them to attack Wakanda for no other reason than just being a super power human nation who warrior like attitude matches them. I could see them wanting to see what was up with Wakanda.
    Isca still lost to krakoa, i feel she was simply pointing out the two cultures are very difrent that it will take time, and for them to come to arakko with a sword in hand (wich I speculate will be bishop's war college in the danger island).
    Id rather have more internal politics than an mcu esque comfrontation with wakanda, thats just me

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Isca still lost to krakoa, i feel she was simply pointing out the two cultures are very difrent that it will take time, and for them to come to arakko with a sword in hand (wich I speculate will be bishop's war college in the danger island).
    Id rather have more internal politics than an mcu esque comfrontation with wakanda, thats just me
    This. The Arraki may want a war with humanity but I don't think they'd specifically go after Wakanda. Unneeded drama and confrontation with the rest of the MU is stupid and deviates from the more interesting plots that the X-Men can have in their own corner. There's legitimately no benefit and it frankly makes more sense to go after Atlantis or Latveria since they've been far more aggressive than Wakanda.

And I doubt there's any ancient connections between Arrako and Wakanda anyway. The timeline of events seems to indicate Wakanda was around when Apocalypse sealed off the island so I doubt there was any ancient Wakandan diaspora. But maybe he has some lost history with Wakanda we aren't aware of yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And now i'm wondering if any of this Arraki mutants may have some direct information on the legacy of the windrider and her connections. There could be a lot of history they hold.
    That's what I was thinking too lol. IIRC Annihilation was described as a dark elder god, and we know Storm has the patronage of a light elder god (Oshtur). The similarity in appearance between Genesis and Storm is also interesting.

And if we go with the idea that Storm's bloodline has been blessed since the days of early mankind, then maybe one of Storm's ancestors was known to the Arraki prior to the island being sealed off. Perhaps they were even related. There's a lot to play with there and it even ties to the stars since Oshtur was known to have travelled the cosmos for untold millennia. Similar to how the Serengeti called to Ororo as a child, maybe she's now being called to the stars for some greater divine purpose. We did see her holding the cosmic item that SWORD retrieved in the first issue of that comic so who knows. It'd be interesting to see what insights the Arraki have into that.
    Last edited by chief12d; 01-02-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    When does BP come out? I hope she has some good feats
    February boo! almost here!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's the last thing i want to see, a group of ancient African mutants going after the most advanced nation on Earth that is filled with Africans. I honestly feel the people of Arrako would respect the people of wakanda more than they would the mutants of Krakoa given their stances are sort of similar.
    I'm going to agree here 100%. but I wouldnt be shocked if it happens.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    There are so many other nations/civilizations that fit the bill in the MU as well as Wakanda.

Let's just let them continue to work on the drama building in Krakoa and prepare for Schism II.

Okay, I have a question, multiple choice. Should Storm:

A. Stay on the Quiet Council.
    B. Join the Summers/Grey consortium, i.e. the X-Men.
    C. Revive her X-Treme X-Men team.
    D. Go off on her own and do her own thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    There are so many other nations/civilizations that fit the bill in the MU as well as Wakanda.

Let's just let them continue to work on the drama building in Krakoa and prepare for Schism II.

A and c/d just as wolverine does his solo and xforce business

Arakko and krakoa have more in common than not, but it's a much better story to see both sides getting to know one another, just as the dinner on the starlight citatel and bei/doug.
    Schism was a horrid story I'd rather not see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    A and c/d just as wolverine does his solo and xforce business

Arakko and krakoa have more in common than not, but it's a much better story to see both sides getting to know one another, just as the dinner on the starlight citatel and bei/doug.
    Schism was a horrid story I'd rather not see it again.
    With Scott and Jean forming the X-Men again, there's bound to be a point where they will come into conflict with The Quiet Council.

They're either going to find out about Moira or Destiny and then things will get interesting.

BANNED

With Scott and Jean forming the X-Men again, there's bound to be a point where they will come into conflict with The Quiet Council.

They're either going to find out about Moira or Destiny and then things will get interesting.
    Ah yeah I agree then, the quiet council as it is bound for some post destruction renovation

I don't think she'll be on the council anymore

1. She should leave the council.
    2. She should definitely not join the xmen.
    3. xtreme was boring af no thanks.
    4. I like this one the best out of all the options presented.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

A NEW YEAR! LET THERE BE MORE... STORM!

I've never scene this Jim Lee piece before. Its awe inspiring.

Spectacular Member

Happy New Year All

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. She should leave the council.
    2. She should definitely not join the xmen.
    3. xtreme was boring af no thanks.
    4. I like this one the best out of all the options presented.
    You thought Xtreme was boring. :O

In regards to the question, option 4 is the best choice in my eyes. I honestly would love to see Storm break out as a solo, independent character that still has ties to the XMen but far more influence in the wider MU (not just in Wakanda lol). I just feel that now that Krakoa is a nation and mutants have their own place, perhaps its time for certain characters to break out of the typical XMen team mold. The choice of Scott and Jean feels very natural IMO for them. I feel that Storm is another character that can break out and find her own voice and stand on her own. She has also been a very strong and unique character and I would be very intrigue to see what life "post XMEN" means for her.