Page 300 of 772 FirstFirst ... 200250290296297298299300301302303304310350400 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol truthfully I'm not either. this is what I'm slick expecting to see:

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw this. storm honestly should be able to do whatever magneto and iceman are there to do. like being an xman handicaps her in many ways because of some of the over lapping abilities.

full transparency i think storm should be able to do everything in those panels on her own with the exception of beast.
    All I could think was while reading those panels is why the hell isn't Storm doing all of this, and all at the same time. But poor jean is about to pop a stich she can't even speak. And while mags having to rebuild the machine while ionizing the air. Aside from rebuild the machine Storm should have done all of this. But I guess give her teammates some shine

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    All I could think was while reading those panels is why the hell isn't Storm doing all of this, and all at the same time. But poor jean is about to pop a stich she can't even speak. And while mags having to rebuild the machine while ionizing the air. Aside from rebuild the machine Storm should have done all of this. But I guess give her teammates some shine
    you said that honey. also the rebuilding the machine she couldn't do thst but everything else she should have been able to do it with ease. I like team ups where powers are used together but this was one poorly done for the points you mentioned.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I love this fan art. Storm looks like she is the protector in this picture

Great Picture

BANNED

lolol truthfully I'm not either. this is what I'm slick expecting to see:

I wouldn't be shocked if we saw this. storm honestly should be able to do whatever magneto and iceman are there to do. like being an xman handicaps her in many ways because of some of the over lapping abilities.

full transparency i think storm should be able to do everything in those panels on her own with the exception of beast.
    She should but there would be others that would state "she doesn't have to do everything why do you want her to become the one above all"
    Storm ionizing air and creating lightning is something she has done and can do solo. But well we have this right over here. Jean grey getting a development in her powerset, magneto too meanwhile storm is demonstrating she can't even create lightning without magneto's help. It's almost like she has been nerfed to give them a space to grow. And when we point this our we are being crazy storm fans? Like you can win with these people.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    She should but there would be others that would state "she doesn't have to do everything why do you want her to become the one above all"
    Storm ionizing air and creating lightning is something she had and can do solo. But well we have this right over here. Jean grey getting a development in her powerset, magneto too meanwhile storm is demonstrating she can't even create lightning without magneto's help. It's almost like she has been nerfed to give them a space to grow. And when we point this our we are being crazy storm fans? Like you can win with these people.
    I honestly don't care about what others may say because people will always have a gripe of some sort. That was one of the reasons I didn't like xmen red as it was a story that grossly nerfed storm in an effort to make the protagonist appear amazing. however I will say I was pleasantly surprised with how Hickman handled storm when she and the others were fighting the Stygian to protect Xandra.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I honestly don't care about what others may say because people will always have a gripe of some sort. That was one of the reasons I didn't like xmen red as it was a story that grossly nerfed storm in an effort to make the protagonist appear amazing. however I will say I was pleasantly surprised with how Hickman handled storm when she and the others were fighting the Stygian to protect Xandra.
    Hickman is the only one in that office that seems to know how to handle her. The rest are just messes waiting to happen except for Ewing he is cool too.

Hickman is the only one in that office that seems to know how to handle her. The rest are just messes waiting to happen except for Ewing he is cool too.
    you don't like vita storm? I've come across several storm fans who love vita storm.

BANNED

you don't like vita storm? I've come across several storm fans who love vita storm.
    Ehhh I don't hate but I don't love it. I feel they write the younger charachters best. But when it comes to storm it feels a bit off but they are better than most others in the past two decades, I know with time they would improve to capture the full complexity of storm. But now it's not quiet there yet.

Ehhh I don't hate but I don't love it. I feel they write the younger charachters best. But when it comes to storm it feels a bit off but they are better than most others in the past two decades, I know with time they would improve to capture the full complexity of storm. But now it's not quiet there yet.
    many have given credit to vita for the new mutants. I was just completely and utterly turned off by vita with marauders 13. like what they did was so obvious and not creative in the least. it was like avx 2.0. I was so hopeful leading up to the issue though but let down as I typically am with the xbooks.

I loved marauders 13. The conflict and theme was awesome.i felt Storm voice was there. The hiest itself could have been better. But not complaining.

I loved marauders 13. The conflict and theme was awesome.i felt Storm voice was there. The hiest itself could have been better. But not complaining.
    I felt the conflict was contrived and not authentic. storm seemed to be very impulsive and not pragmatic in her approach in dealing with the wakandans. then she got caught like she was an amateur thief lol. it was clear that issue was entirely written to wedge a gap between her and tchalla but seeing Coates run how storm behaved made no sense which was why I couldn't with that issue.

I felt the conflict was contrived and not authentic. storm seemed to be very impulsive and not pragmatic in her approach in dealing with the wakandans. then she got caught like she was an amateur thief lol. it was clear that issue was entirely written to wedge a gap between her and tchalla but seeing Coates run how storm behaved made no sense which was why I couldn't with that issue.
    I felt the wedge was perfect. Storm handling of the Wakandian seem fair. The fact that she got caught didn't sit well with me either. Alarms being set off people actually seeing her with item in hand. Maybe if it was just Tchalla pulling the whole Batman thing , it would have been better. But I did enjoy her taking action. Addressing a crucial issue of the relationship. Heck I even enjoyed Tchalla destroying the gate. I feel the Xmen have gotten to comfortable in asking Wakandian for things.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Imaginary bragging rights and to distract her feat obsessed fans with the fact that she hasn't actually mattered as a character in almost two decades.

Let's continue to ignore the fact that she's now more irrelevant to the franchise than Emma Frost and Kitty Pryde when we can boast about her being more powerful than Dr Strange (Whut) cause a writer humouring said feat obsessed fans on twitter said so.

It's sickening that Marvel's premier black female character is treated this way but I guess none of that matters now that we know she's the omegas omega (Cringe).
    Thank you.
    I LOVE Storm...she's been my number one Marvel hero since the first day I picked up an UXM comic almost forty years ago. But...as much as I loathe to admit it, she's been irrelevant to the X-Men for decades. (Which does not change her position as my #1 All-Time favourite character) So I do understand if that is (one of) a reasoning behind this seeming obsession with feats and be able to beat everyone else.

I am sure there are many different and valid reasons for the obsession (other than general overzealous fanaticism) but for me personally, there is a kernel of truth here.

Coates made her a Goddess in BP...and it's the only thing anyone seems to know or remember of her appearances throughout the run. That she really didn't add anything meaningful to the story, even right down to the end, speaks to her irrelevance.

So again, thank you.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-31-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I felt the wedge was perfect. Storm handling of the Wakandian seem fair. The fact that she got caught didn't sit well with me either. Alarms being set off people actually seeing her with item in hand. Maybe if it was just Tchalla pulling the whole Batman thing , it would have been better. But I did enjoy her taking action. Addressing a crucial issue of the relationship. Heck I even enjoyed Tchalla destroying the gate. I feel the Xmen have gotten to comfortable in asking Wakandian for things.
    why wouldn't the wakandans simply give it to her considering all she has done for rhem? why wouldn't storm simply wait for Tchalla to return? how is it the wakandans couldn't get in contact with Tchalla considering their advanced tech? that's why the story was contrived for me.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Cosmic Goddess.
    Attachment 110100