Page 301 of 772 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Cosmic Goddess.
    Attachment 110100
    yasssssssssssss give me more of this!!! elemental hair is love to see!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Thank you.
    I LOVE Storm...she's been my number one Marvel hero since the first day I picked up an UXM comic almost forty years ago. But...as much as I loathe to admit it, she's been irrelevant to the X-Men for decades. (Which does not change her position as my #1 All-Time favourite character) So I do understand if that is (one of) a reasoning behind this seeming obsession with feats and be able to beat everyone else.

I am sure there are many different and valid reasons for the obsession (other than general overzealous fanaticism) but for me personally, there is a kernel of truth here.

Coates made her a Goddess in BP...and it's the only thing anyone seems to know or remember of her appearances throughout the run. That she really didn't add anything meaningful to the story, even right down to the end, speaks to her irrelevance.

So again, thank you.
    A truly perfect post. Storm being the strongest living thing in the MU means absolutely nothing to me if she has no wider story direction and development within the X-Men franchise.

I like the goddess subplot for her character but I’d throw that all away if it meant she had a strong voice and faction of her own within the current Krakoa status quo like Cyclops, Emma, Nightcrawler, and Betsy.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A truly perfect post. Storm being the strongest living thing in the MU means absolutely nothing to me if she has no wider story direction and development within the X-Men franchise.

I like the goddess subplot for her character but I’d throw that all away if it meant she had a strong voice and faction of her own within the current Krakoa status quo like Cyclops, Emma, Nightcrawler, and Betsy.
    They really missed an opportunity to use her Queen of Wakanda status to give her a larger diplomatic role in the fight for mutant rights.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

but who said that you had to ignore one for the other? you read Claremont's uncanny version of storm? she had a voice and presence within the franchise and was written as a powerful character. I dont understand where this idea keeps being inserted that people who want her to be powerful care about this and nothing else. where are you getting this from as it pertains to posters here?

There seems to be another misconception that the only thing readers remember Coates work for was due to him making her a goddess. That is very far from the truth. Coates was the first writer to have this African-American tackle topics that deal with issues specific to being black. While we had writers and readers who wanted you to believe she was above race and only cared about mutant related problems Coates changed that narrative. Ororo certainly was black as established by Claremont but scans like the following muddled the waters:

Coates put that argument to bed with his vision for her. In black panther and the crew, Ororo discussed working for black related causes when she was "dead" during the outback era. It gave her distinct cause and purpose beyond that which was dictated to her by Xavier:

It was in this series some charged the writers as making her a racist for wanting to be around those who looked like her and fighting against gentrification but it was the first time she was written as unapologetically being black; critics of the character could no longer call her a sellout or being indifferent when it came to black issues and that was a huge deal as it related to the development of the character.

Moreover, in the actual series of Black Panther she went even so far as to talk about her perspective of being an African America woman born in America and made to believe in the lies of its origins making parallels to what T'Challa experienced with the Galatic Wakanda:

People claim they are interested in development beyond her powers but when there was clear progressive changes in the regard outside of her powers you claim this is all Coates really did for the character? That she wasn't relevant to his run? Ororo was the one thing that kept Tchalla centered in the man he was when all his memories had been taken away. Ororo was the constant that stood by his side and encourage him up until the very end when he still reluctantly took the throne as emperor. No, he did so much for this character that he didn't have to and yes making her a real goddess was amazing but it was far from the most important thing he could do for her and suggesting as such is just not accurate.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

How many X-Men fans read Black Panther? Or that very short-lived limited series? And how many read Black Panther solely for Storm and how "amazing" Coates was writing her?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-31-2021 at 07:04 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would like that too.

storm has channeled the energies of millions of stars, defeated Trion in their own dimension and healed their dimension, as well as defeated an universal threat adversary. our girl doesn't need any power ups as how she operates now us sufficient enough. i can see storm draining galactus of all of the energy he has acquired that he gained by earing planets essentially making him inert.
    Correction, storm with the boost from her prayers was able to "defeat" adversary, she 100% received a power up. She didn't have her god powers beforehand, especially not at the level of the adversary who may or may not have been nerfed. The problem is you're saying that you fail to understand other characters, like you just misundertstood galactus. galactus doesnt have "planetary" levels energy when he's fed. Even in a weakened state he destroyed a galaxy and most of th annihialtion wave.

And the galactic storm feat was straight pis, it was written that storm could never ever replicate such a feat in the very same comic, It definitely was just a way for the writer to get himself out of a corner. It was a straight death ordeal. But still quite impressive and storm should be written to be more cosmic. Maybe even part of the annihilators if this current iteration of the guardians just fails.

why wouldn't the wakandans simply give it to her considering all she has done for rhem? why wouldn't storm simply wait for Tchalla to return? how is it the wakandans couldn't get in contact with Tchalla considering their advanced tech? that's why the story was contrived for me.
    If it was just a random magical sword I would agree. But it was tied to their culture and would cause a power struggle.

So if Wakanda was like we need unfettered unlimited access to cerebro to save the world . Storm was just suppose to be like sure Tchalla , you guys stay coming thru. No Xaiver or quite council needed at all.

There seems to be another misconception that the only thing readers remember Coates work for was due to him making her a goddess. That is very far from the truth. Coates was the first writer to have this African-American tackle topics that deal with issues specific to being black. While we had writers and readers who wanted you to believe she was above race and only cared about mutant related problems Coates changed that narrative. Ororo certainly was black as established by Claremont but scans like the following muddled the waters:

Coates put that argument to bed with his vision for her. In black panther and the crew, Ororo discussed working for black related causes when she was "dead" during the outback era. It gave her distinct cause and purpose beyond that which was dictated to her by Xavier:

It was in this series some charged the writers as making her a racist for wanting to be around those who looked like her and fighting against gentrification but it was the first time she was written as unapologetically being black; critics of the character could no longer call her a sellout or being indifferent when it came to black issues and that was a huge deal as it related to the development of the character.

Moreover, in the actual series of Black Panther she went even so far as to talk about her perspective of being an African America woman born in America and made to believe in the lies of its origins making parallels to what T'Challa experienced with the Galatic Wakanda:

People claim they are interested in development beyond her powers but when there was clear progressive changes in the regard outside of her powers you claim this is all Coates really did for the character? That she wasn't relevant to his run? Ororo was the one thing that kept Tchalla centered in the man he was when all his memories had been taken away. Ororo was the constant that stood by his side and encourage him up until the very end when he still reluctantly took the throne as emperor. No, he did so much for this character that he didn't have to and yes making her a real goddess was amazing but it was far from the most important thing he could do for her and suggesting as such is just not accurate.
    This is so true. Outside of power feats. It as if some fans just choose to ignore all her contribution and growth of person Storm got in the BP franchise.

I swear , first in Hudson run when she was hinted at being an Omega, Coates Goddesshood. Silver surfer feat. Eternity feat and Ect.. Ect..
    But won't bring up the fact that biological family was found. Her work within the Black community like in The Crew. Have shown past and future Windrider. Despite not being Queen of Wakanda she had a hand in shaping it
    By council of advice. Was Women without being a mammy. The list goes on. If it's not power or skill related nothing gets recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyworthnoting View Post
    Correction, storm with the boost from her prayers was able to "defeat" adversary, she 100% received a power up. She didn't have her god powers beforehand, especially not at the level of the adversary who may or may not have been nerfed. The problem is you're saying that you fail to understand other characters, like you just misundertstood galactus. galactus doesnt have "planetary" levels energy when he's fed. Even in a weakened state he destroyed a galaxy and most of th annihialtion wave.

And the galactic storm feat was straight pis, it was written that storm could never ever replicate such a feat in the very same comic, It definitely was just a way for the writer to get himself out of a corner. It was a straight death ordeal. But still quite impressive and storm should be written to be more cosmic. Maybe even part of the annihilators if this current iteration of the guardians just fails.
    I'm not certain if you read the story or not but as a reminder there were a few things you seem to be forgetting. Tchalla starts off the part before storm attacks with saying the Ororo is a bigger god than Adversary. There was nothing in the story to indicate he was nerfed as he was beating the heroes before Ororo intervened. Next, faith and prayer is essential for the power of all marvel gods. The more followers you have and thhs believers you have the more powerful you are. This is true of asgardians too:

Lastly to the part regarding galactus, you do realize that Adversary is a universal threat yes and if Storm is a bigger god than him well it goes to show that the potential there is endless. Her will of mind allowed her to contain the consciousness of Eternity. We haven't seen nearly a fraction of what she can do and given how her powers worked and things she had done in the past I could totally see her draining galactus especially considering she controlled the millions of energies at the galatic core.

Which leads to my next point. I dont see how you could call this PIS. All the heroes with the exception of Logan had the brood eggs in them and if Claremont wanted to take a similar approach with Storm as he did in healing the other heroes he could have. However he didn't. The start of your point about the galatic core was that she could never replicate it but the fact is Claremont explains that the galatic core and what she did there is exactly what she does when she manipulates weather. it was just on a much larger scale. so that statement is not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    If it was just a random magical sword I would agree. But it was tied to their culture and would cause a power struggle.

So if Wakanda was like we need unfettered unlimited access to cerebro to save the world . Storm was just suppose to be like sure Tchalla , you guys stay coming thru. No Xaiver or quite council needed at all.
    I think I would have respected that story more if the characters were not so ooc. In character I would imagine ororo would have at least attempted to do more to contact tchalla to tell him the urgency. They had what three days to get the sword or whatever? She didn't even give him 24 hours and what made it worse was that he arrived withing 24 hours of her getting there. it was veiled attempt to put a wedge between what was a harmonious interaction prior to that story. its hard to reconcile storm in wakanda with that mess in that marauders issue.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    This is so true. Outside of power feats. It as if some fans just choose to ignore all her contribution and growth of person Storm got in the BP franchise.

I swear , first in Hudson run when she was hinted at being an Omega, Coates Goddesshood. Silver surfer feat. Eternity feat and Ect.. Ect..
    But won't bring up the fact that biological family was found. Her work within the Black community like in The Crew. Have shown past and future Windrider. Despite not being Queen of Wakanda she had a hand in shaping it
    By council of advice. Was Women without being a mammy. The list goes on. If it's not power or skill related nothing gets recognize.

yes a lot of fans give hudlin a hard time and though some of what he did inwould hsve done differently the points you highlighted were why I enjoyed hudlin. I think it doesn't get recognize because it counters this false narrative that those who enjoyed the run only like it for the feats. some even go as far to suggest because other xmen readers don't know about these developments it somehow invalidates these stories. The fact of the matter is that the bp franchise has done more for development both in power and beyond that than the xoffices. that is the truth regardless of sales and how many xmen fans may have read the stories.

Spectacular Member

Honestly, these writers would be saving me the time by just saying they're not looking to do anything with Ro instead of beating around the bush. Like be here, Ro appearing in other books outside the xmen shouldn't be a problem and used as a scapegoat for why she's not doing anything of relevance we ain't using that excuse anymore, it's lame and I'm sure most of y'all are tired of being lead on like a thirsty boy in a twitch e girl comment section. Look idk about the rest of y'all but i know what i want for storm as a character and i feel i've said this before plus as a black panther fan i don't limit myself to one comic ip or character i feel some of y'all shouldn't either but that's beside the point, this is why i can't and never will compare Ororro to Diana as character but don't get it twisted i like them both but Diana's character has better direction and the writers do a better job at acknowledging her character overall whether in her run or her appearance in someone else's book but i can't say that for Ro, look at the end of the day it doesn't matter who your favorite character is what should matter is having consistency and communication of how things are going. I don't care what book Ro appears in as long as she's doing something worth talking about, come on this isn't advanced calculus. No excuses for these writer catz.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Honestly, these writers would be saving me the time by just saying they're not looking to do anything with Ro instead of beating around the bush. Like be here, Ro appearing in other books outside the xmen shouldn't be a problem and used as a scapegoat for why she's not doing anything of relevance we ain't using that excuse anymore, it's lame and I'm sure most of y'all are tired of being lead on like a thirsty boy in a twitch e girl comment section. Look idk about the rest of y'all but i know what i want for storm as a character and i feel i've said this before plus as a black panther fan i don't limit myself to one comic ip or character i feel some of y'all shouldn't either but that's beside the point, this is why i can't and never will compare Ororro to Diana as character but don't get it twisted i like them both but Diana's character has better direction and the writers do a better job at acknowledging her character overall whether in her run or her appearance in someone else's book but i can't say that for Ro, look at the end of the day it doesn't matter who your favorite character is what should matter is having consistency and communication of how things are going. I don't care what book Ro appears in as long as she's doing something worth talking about, come on this isn't advanced calculus. No excuses for these writer catz.
    Exactly. that excuse for not using her worked the first time when they were married but its really hard to use the same excuse considering she is an xman property and coates confirmed he knew what the xoffices were doing and was gracious they let him use her. so if she doesn't have a voice or presence in the xoffices its because the creative team there doesn't want her to be. as of now the main players driving the future of whats happening in this current era is Magneto, Moira, Xavier, Emma, Kitty, Scott and Jean. And its one common theme between all of these characters. just saying

BANNED

many have given credit to vita for the new mutants. I was just completely and utterly turned off by vita with marauders 13. like what they did was so obvious and not creative in the least. it was like avx 2.0. I was so hopeful leading up to the issue though but let down as I typically am with the xbooks.
    13 was underwhelming as well to me as a whole I didn't really care for the story to an extent it didn't make sense. But I was on board because they stated that she is going to be doing pivotal things in xos, we'll see how that worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    13 was underwhelming as well to me as a whole I didn't really care for the story to an extent it didn't make sense. But I was on board because they stated that she is going to be doing pivotal things in xos, we'll see how that worked out.
    exactly. it was a dud. what exactly was her purpose again in that story? like it's a serious question lol

BANNED

but who said that you had to ignore one for the other? you read Claremont's uncanny version of storm? she had a voice and presence within the franchise and was written as a powerful character. I dont understand where this idea keeps being inserted that people who want her to be powerful care about this and nothing else. where are you getting this from as it pertains to posters here?
    Hmmm like I am even tired, like when we post do they even read the entire thing. No on has said they want her to be all powerful and have no charachter, everyone wants her to grow but some don't want her to develop in other areas just the ones they want relevant. I said this before and I will say it again I am not interested in depowerd street fighter storm. She had her time and it was great now it's time for other aspects of storm to grow and change not just her depowerd self. And that seems to not be happening.

On a whole I feel like I and some few others in the fandom are becoming disillusioned with the xoffice. We now recognize that they are simply lipservice in regards to storm. I asked Jwatson if some fans who are good at fan fiction can come and do something delving into the background and life of the charachter. People would like that I am not a writer though lol but we have some talented writers surely amongst us. People who can give storm the all rounded development she deserves.

exactly. it was a dud. what exactly was her purpose again in that story? like it's a serious question lol
    All this perfectly. They made a big deal of her leaving then she just stabbed a ***** at the xos tournament and that was it. Like that was supposed to be impressive, I already know storm is a badass fighter but I was thinking she was a defendant of genesis or at least going to betray them or at least welll anything which was a thousand times more interesting than what we got.

Hmmm like I am even tired, like when we post do they even read the entire thing. No on has said they want her to be all powerful and have no charachter, everyone wants her to grow but some don't want her to develop in other areas just the ones they want relevant. I said this before and I will say it again I am not interested in depowerd street fighter storm. She had her time and it was great now it's time for other aspects of storm to grow and change not just her depowerd self. And that seems to not be happening.

On a whole I feel like I and some few others in the fandom are becoming disillusioned with the xoffice. We now recognize that they are simply lipservice in regards to storm. I asked Jwatson if some fans who are good at fan fiction can come and do something delving into the background and life of the charachter. People would like that I am not a writer though lol but we have some talented writers surely amongst us. People who can give storm the all rounded development she deserves.
    I totally agree here. I don't want to see depowered Storm either. I mean I understand why some do. The initial time with Claremont was huge for her growth as a character. She had to learn to accept the loss of all she held dear to her. She no longer was one with the elements or the planet. It was such a difficult time for the sky goddess coming to grips with living a life on the ground. However, even Ororo within that period did not want to settle for being powerless forever and worked with Forge to have them restored. Imagine if Hulk went long periods of time without power or Thor. Their fandoms would want the earth to burn but some want her to just be like I guess Black Widow or somebody. She took away the lesson she needed to at that time being powerless but going back to that period to me is regressive and it keeps her in a very stagnant place. Just as when stories involving her always go back to the morlocks. Its like there is no imagination beyond the stuff Claremont did and its time to move on to something different, which is why I appreciate what Coates did. And he was able to do it without making her OP. He had her use this ability when it was necessary so if he could make it work what is the issue? I honestly was over the xoffice after the xmen gold run. Again imagine if Scott was on a team led by Kitty or Xavier, but they regulated Storm to taking orders from her? I seriously feel they see her more as an ancillary type character not needing a lot of focus beyond being a mutant. Anything outside of that you won't get. No family, no interactions with black people or fighting for issues that impact them, no goddess stuff. She is a supporting character and her importance only reaches as far as the main drivers of the xmen want her to. Some fans complain about the bp offices but they have given her way more agency than the xwriters have. Anyone who would try to argue otherwise is living in delusional reality not based in facts.

All this perfectly. They made a big deal of her leaving then she just stabbed a ***** at the xos tournament and that was it. Like that was supposed to be impressive, I already know storm is a badass fighter but I was thinking she was a defendant of genesis or at least going to betray them or at least welll anything which was a thousand times more interesting than what we got.
    yup and the fight was more a game for saturnyne than there being a necessity for the combatants. it was hollow, unnecessary, and her inclusion in it was for me a whole lot of hot air than actual substance.

BANNED

I totally agree here. I don't want to see depowered Storm either. I mean I understand why some do. The initial time with Claremont was huge for her growth as a character. She had to learn to accept the loss of all she held dear to her. She no longer was one with the elements or the planet. It was such a difficult time for the sky goddess coming to grips with living a life on the ground. However, even Ororo within that period did not want to settle for being powerless forever and worked with Forge to have them restored. Imagine if Hulk went long periods of time without power or Thor. Their fandoms would want the earth to burn but some want her to just be like I guess Black Widow or somebody. She took away the lesson she needed to at that time being powerless but going back to that period to me is regressive and it keeps her in a very stagnant place. Just as when stories involving her always go back to the morlocks. Its like there is no imagination beyond the stuff Claremont did and its time to move on to something different, which is why I appreciate what Coates did. And he was able to do it without making her OP. He had her use this ability when it was necessary so if he could make it work what is the issue? I honestly was over the xoffice after the xmen gold run. Again imagine if Scott was on a team led by Kitty or Xavier, but they regulated Storm to taking orders from her? I seriously feel they see her more as an ancillary type character not needing a lot of focus beyond being a mutant. Anything outside of that you won't get. No family, no interactions with black people or fighting for issues that impact them, no goddess stuff. She is a supporting character and her importance only reaches as far as the main drivers of the xmen want her to. Some fans complain about the bp offices but they have given her way more agency than the xwriters have. Anyone who would try to argue otherwise is living in delusional reality not based in facts.][
    This is why it is important for writers of colour to be given the chance to write charachters of colour. Because aside a few white writers none have the bandwidth to care about storm or her development. It is really amazing how kate has more development in just 20 issues of marauders than storm has in over 20 years. Everyone keeps growing and changing meanwhile storm is a shadow of her claremont era self. I am honestly done with all that. If she could switch offices and move to wakanda full time I won't object at all. The mess doesn't involve her why should she be there, the children have Emma, Dani,Magik, Warpath and others they would be fine.
    Nightcrawler is developing a new religion for the island. Magneto and xavier run the island. Beast is their diplomat. Moira is the president in the shadows. Like what at all is storm doing there are you saying kate and bishop can't save refugees in their own? They need storm that badly? Yet she doesn't do anything only at issue 20 do we even know she has been an active part of the marauders. It's simple if they do not have plans for her they should just say it and let her go to the BP office or somewhere else. I won't be surprised if the big story revolves around children of the atom in the end.

Like it was a big excuse to bring in the arraki mutants. That could have been done easily without 22 damn issues.