Page 307 of 772 FirstFirst ... 207257297303304305306307308309310311317357407 ... LastLast
Results 4,591 to 4,605 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So has it been confirmed that Storm is joining SWORD?
    nope not yet. only that she will be appearing in issue 6.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Amazing Member

Edit: nvm saw your previous post!

Is it confirmed that she’s actually in the issue? Or is she just on the variant cover with the Hellfire Gala background?

Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    Edit: nvm saw your previous post!

Is it confirmed that she’s actually in the issue? Or is she just on the variant cover with the Hellfire Gala background?
    its confirmed she will be in the issue
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

If you look at the Next Course/What's to come page at back of this week's issues. You'll notice SWORD #6 is in red, just like Marauders #21, X-Men #21, and Planet-Sized X-Men #1. The red denotes the issue's importance to the entire event.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    If you look at the Next Course/What's to come page at back of this week's issues. You'll notice SWORD #6 is in red, just like Marauders #21, X-Men #21, and Planet-Sized X-Men #1. The red denotes the issue's importance to the entire event.
    spill the tea boo. now I'm really excited!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    spill the tea boo. now I'm really excited!!!
    Nothing really to spill, only the books highlighted in red are likely where the meat of the overall story is.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I do hope the high expectations some of you are projecting will be met and possibly surpassed.
    Personally, I always temper my enthusiasm with some common sense and understanding...so just seeing Storm in a new cosmic environment and doing new things with her powers (it doesn't have to be galactic-core big) will be satisfying enough.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

sidebar... I like you please post more lol
    Ha! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I do hope the high expectations some of you are projecting will be met and possibly surpassed.
    Personally, I always temper my enthusiasm with some common sense and understanding...so just seeing Storm in a new cosmic environment and doing new things with her powers (it doesn't have to be galactic-core big) will be satisfying enough.
    I'm in this boat.

I'd also like to see her explore the next chapter in her character and power - an elemental form.

I feel based off what I know about Storm that the reason she's so hesitant to take that step is because she fears she'd be ripped away from her humanity. I'd imagine she has flashbacks to Jean and her dark phoenix baggage and all that it has entailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Ha! Thank you.
    thank you!

when does sword drop is it this weds or the same week as planet size?

Astonishing Member

I'm in this boat.

I'd also like to see her explore the next chapter in her character and power - an elemental form.

I feel based off what I know about Storm that the reason she's so hesitant to take that step is because she fears she'd be ripped away from her humanity. I'd imagine she has flashbacks to Jean and her dark phoenix baggage and all that it has entailed.
    I like this theory. It would also explain her hesitancy to embrace ger godhood back in the beginning of Coates run.

I do hope Ewing takes over writing for Storm he did a great job writing cosmic level heores like Monica and Blue Marvel over in Ultimates.
    Last edited by loke13; 06-06-2021 at 01:00 PM.

I understand the whole humanity angle but ororo has always had a stronger will than other characters and that was displayed with the roguestorm story. I hope Ewing finally allows her to embrace her power and not run away from it. if male characters such as Thor can be all powerful without going evil why can't storm?

Astonishing Member

I understand the whole humanity angle but ororo has always had a stronger will than other characters and that was displayed with the roguestorm story. I hope Ewing finally allows her to embrace her power and not run away from it. if male characters such as Thor can be all powerful without going evil why can't storm?
    I completely agree the double standard is so tiring. The X-Women are arguably the strongest charcters that Marvel has in its arsenal and the likes of Rogue, Storm, and Jean are constantly being underplayed. Rogue can't go 5 min without someone resetting her powers back to their factory setting, Jean is either getting killed off or depowered or just written incompetently, and Storm is largely ignored until a writer wants to add some "diversity" or have her shoot lightning.

Thinking about X-men Gold still makes me mad. I still remember that whole "Hammer arc" in Gold happening around the same time Coates had her exploring her Godhood and the way the two writers handled her were like night and day.

I feel like the Avengers side of things have a much better track record with handling their female characters compared to the X-Offiice unfortunately.

That is true, but Roguestorm is a part of the reason why I have that theory about Storm. Kurt (or maybe it was Logan or Piotr?) reminding her about Jean is what put the kibash on her "ascending".

What I'd love to happen is Storm being on the edge of evolving but having that nagging fear in her mind which causes Jean to have a telepathic chat with her. I've got no idea what she'd tell Storm but I figure a pep talk from her sister who has been through the cosmic blender before should push her over the edge. Not meaning Jean giving her permission but more of what you are saying, that Jean's demons and her downfalls aren't Storms. That Storm is stronger and considering this is an innate power and not an outside force, she should embrace her birthright.

thank you!

when does sword drop is it this weds or the same week as planet size?
    Sword #6 drops on the 26th. A week after Planet Size which drops on the 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I like this theory. It would also explain her hesitancy to embrace ger godhood back in the beginning of Coates run.

I do hope Ewing takes over writing for Storm he did a great job writing cosmic level heores like Monica and Blue Marvel over in Ultimates.
    Thank you!

As do I. I'll have to read his Ultimates to really get a feel for him in the cosmic setting as I've only seen random scans around the net like Black Panther KOing Thanos with a brain shock, lol.

But I do think Storm would have been a nice addition to the roster. On top of the power angle, she also knew everyone on the team but Blue Marvel.

As do I. I'll have to read his Ultimates to really get a feel for him in the cosmic setting as I've only seen random scans around the net like Black Panther KOing Thanos with a brain shock, lol.

But I do think Storm would have been a nice addition to the roster. On top of the power angle, she also knew everyone on the team but Blue Marvel.
    I totally forgot Black Panther was on that team! The melanin was running deep.

I’m definitely gonna check it out now because Ewing has been blowing me away with SWORD and I love it when a writer has no issues writing multiple POCs on a team. I know it’s bare minimum but we still have teams with only one POC in a supporting role.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I totally forgot Black Panther was on that team! The melanin was running deep.

I’m definitely gonna check it out now because Ewing has been blowing me away with SWORD and I love it when a writer has no issues writing multiple POCs on a team. I know it’s bare minimum but we still have teams with only one POC in a supporting role.
    Hell as a black man himself I would hope he would include PoC's into his story lol the first arc of that book is so good and yeah if you like SWORD and it's ambitious mission statement you're def gonna like Ultimates. Unfortunately the constant Crossovers and tie ends kind of took the steam out from under that books sails (not to jinx SWORD but I cant help but get deja vu).

I read a few issues of Champions written by his wife Eve Ewing and it's pretty good too. Would love for her to write a New Mutants or X-Factor book.