Page 308 of 772 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I'm in this boat.

I'd also like to see her explore the next chapter in her character and power - an elemental form.

I feel based off what I know about Storm that the reason she's so hesitant to take that step is because she fears she'd be ripped away from her humanity. I'd imagine she has flashbacks to Jean and her dark phoenix baggage and all that it has entailed.
    Also...I believe she loves and appreciates her humanity. She may see full transcendence as tearing herself away from the connections both human and natural that she embraces. And yes, she knows first hand that utter and complete disconnect first in her sister Jean when she went DP and in herself with RS.

Yes her will power is indomitable...from outside forces but what if it's she herself who is the voice of temptation. How does she guard/stand against that?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-06-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I completely agree the double standard is so tiring. The X-Women are arguably the strongest charcters that Marvel has in its arsenal and the likes of Rogue, Storm, and Jean are constantly being underplayed. Rogue can't go 5 min without someone resetting her powers back to their factory setting, Jean is either getting killed off or depowered or just written incompetently, and Storm is largely ignored until a writer wants to add some "diversity" or have her shoot lightning.

Thinking about X-men Gold still makes me mad. I still remember that whole "Hammer arc" in Gold happening around the same time Coates had her exploring her Godhood and the way the two writers handled her were like night and day.

I feel like the Avengers side of things have a much better track record with handling their female characters compared to the X-Offiice unfortunately.

The double standard is what I find to be most aggravating. You have characters exploring all types of abilities outside their original conception but where it pertains to Storm it's lightning zap zap and a crack of wind here or there and this should be acceptable? No, after nearly 50 years and we have a handful of instances where she barely taps into her full potential it's well overdue to see what she can really do.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    The double standard is what I find to be most aggravating. You have characters exploring all types of abilities outside their original conception but where it pertains to Storm it's lightning zap zap and a crack of wind here or there and this should be acceptable? No, after nearly 50 years and we have a handful of instances where she barely taps into her full potential it's well overdue to see what she can really do.
    Hear! Hear! I want to see Storm:Unbound! Come on Marvel I want to see Storm riding solar winds and going toe to toe with the likes of the Annihilation Wave and Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I read a few issues of Champions written by his wife Eve Ewing and it's pretty good too. Would love for her to write a New Mutants or X-Factor book.
    Al and Eve aren't related or married to each other! Both are good writers though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man With The Stick View Post
    Al and Eve aren't related or married to each other! Both are good writers though.
    Ooops my bad thought I read that somewhere

That is true, but Roguestorm is a part of the reason why I have that theory about Storm. Kurt (or maybe it was Logan or Piotr?) reminding her about Jean is what put the kibash on her "ascending".

What I'd love to happen is Storm being on the edge of evolving but having that nagging fear in her mind which causes Jean to have a telepathic chat with her. I've got no idea what she'd tell Storm but I figure a pep talk from her sister who has been through the cosmic blender before should push her over the edge. Not meaning Jean giving her permission but more of what you are saying, that Jean's demons and her downfalls aren't Storms. That Storm is stronger and considering this is an innate power and not an outside force, she should embrace her birthright.

Sword #6 drops on the 26th. A week after Planet Size which drops on the 16th.

Thank you!

As do I. I'll have to read his Ultimates to really get a feel for him in the cosmic setting as I've only seen random scans around the net like Black Panther KOing Thanos with a brain shock, lol.

But I do think Storm would have been a nice addition to the roster. On top of the power angle, she also knew everyone on the team but Blue Marvel.
    Yes it was Piotr!

If such a conversation were to happen I would like that.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I enjoyed those few issues haven't read in awhile. thanks for sharing!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Count me in this camp. There has always seemed to be a pointed effort to keep Storm in the background while playing up her "symbolic significance". I mean look at how long it took Storm to be confirmed as an Omega level mutant when she already had so many spectacular feats to her name. Yet, other somewhat less qualified mutants were getting confirmations left and right or being declared an omega level something to the point that it felt like they were just slapping the label on anybody. Yet Storm, who was by far one of the most qualified to take on the label, never even received it. They even had the nerve to label her a potential omega (what the hell was that). So yes, I am also ready for Storm to finally walk into the space of being THE ONE that she has always deserved. Her introduction story couldn't be more foretelling. A woman who was already a goddess being told that she isn't what she was already declared to be and continually being "almost but not quite" from there on out. Let this woman fly and stop holding her back with the BS. This is also one of the reasons why I keep hoping for a solo. I just feel like the space within the Xbooks really isn't big enough for us to explore this fully for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Count me in this camp. There has always seemed to be a pointed effort to keep Storm in the background while playing up her "symbolic significance". I mean look at how long it took Storm to be confirmed as an Omega level mutant when she already had so many spectacular feats to her name. Yet, other somewhat less qualified mutants were getting confirmations left and right or being declared an omega level something to the point that it felt like they were just slapping the label on anybody. Yet Storm, who was by far one of the most qualified to take on the label, never even received it. They even had the nerve to label her a potential omega (what the hell was that). So yes, I am also ready for Storm to finally walk into the space of being THE ONE that she has always deserved. Her introduction story couldn't be more foretelling. A woman who was already a goddess being told that she isn't what she was already declared to be and continually being "almost but not quite" from there on out. Let this woman fly and stop holding her back with the BS. This is also one of the reasons why I keep hoping for a solo. I just feel like the space within the Xbooks really isn't big enough for us to explore this fully for her.
    agreed and well said. the xmen stories typically don't allow for the gravitas necessary to see storm at her best. Claremont set the bar really high and I believe a lot of writers had issue with that. I mean she debuted as the perfect character a goddess. She wasn't feared, or not in control of her powers, or being hunted down by humans. Claremont, for instance, mentioned many, many times how storm was immune to the elements but when lobdell has his chance to explain how he powers worked he made it abundantly clear immune to weather she was not and to assert otherwise was ridiculous. This trend of lessening her pedigree while expanding other characters such Emma continued into the 2000s where she was the xmens hbic and, to your point, even got the omega level telepath title while after galactic core, roguestorm, and being the basis for which jean became phoenix was stated as only being an alpha level mutant. I believe it was by design honestly for the decline but seeing things are now more recently shifting back the other way I agree the best vehicle to see this would be through a solo.

So storms gala outfit is becoming her next main?

Cloud cape here to stay?
    Elemental cosmic heart??

Im excited....for the 9999th time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    The single most powerful mutant even more powerful than Franklin is a non cannon charachter Miranda. She is a black girl with power over continuity itself. The only one known as an omnicron level mutant. She is the most powerful yet she is not cannon.
    I illustrated her because I wanted you all to see something. The omega list is made majorly of straight cis white men. Infact the incannon most powerful mutant is literally phenotypically Hitler's wet dream. They are all abled bodied. Even amongst the women declared omega All are also white except one. Infact there is only one poc amongst the omega list(krakoa). Now onto the arraki omegas with the exception of genesis all of the mutants on the omega list are either human adjacent or animalistic. Even isca is drawn in such a way that she would seem as unambigious as possible. Her first design gave her a more African feel her new look is basically racially ambiguous but on steroids.
    I say all this because the great Dwayne duffie said it best. It's a white male power fantasy. I think sometimes we forget that the x-men and comics as a whole is made primarily for white straight men. I mean it's not a bad thing we write stories about ourselves for ourselves hence why black writer's if given the freedom would write about black charachters and so on and so forth. But in a franchise that was designed to represent real life minorities white straight mostly male writer's trying to be minorities it becomes sus at some point.
    Unless the demographics of the writing room in the xoffice changes things won't change we would still get lightning lass and I am too afraid to tap into my true potential storm.
    I am all for it, storm has to walk into space and do her damn thing. I mean all the basic white men in the comics are doing it why can't her. I mean starlord, venom are all gods now. And Thor gets a new divine magical girl transformation every two to three business days, why can't storm tap into her innate divinity. I think we all know why.
    I love Ewing's work on sword and how he has handled Eden, I hope if Storm ends up in sword she gets the same treatment at least. Like we do not even know what her powers truly entails of all the x-men it is often speculated that the nature of her powers are not understood truly. I mean when did weather manipulation entailed power over the very void of space, or space time rift healing, or galactic core manipulation. These things allude to something very strange and very fascinating which I want explored.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post

Cloud cape here to stay?
    Elemental cosmic heart??

I really want to be excited tooo. But to be honest I will see it to believe it. The outfit is great I really love that it's staying. But the cosmic stuff well like I said seeing is believing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post

Cloud cape here to stay?
    Elemental cosmic heart??

very excited. let's finally see what these big plans are...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    The single most powerful mutant even more powerful than Franklin is a non cannon charachter Miranda. She is a black girl with power over continuity itself. The only one known as an omnicron level mutant. She is the most powerful yet she is not cannon.
    I illustrated her because I wanted you all to see something. The omega list is made majorly of straight cis white men. Infact the incannon most powerful mutant is literally phenotypically Hitler's wet dream. They are all abled bodied. Even amongst the women declared omega All are also white except one. Infact there is only one poc amongst the omega list(krakoa). Now onto the arraki omegas with the exception of genesis all of the mutants on the omega list are either human adjacent or animalistic. Even isca is drawn in such a way that she would seem as unambigious as possible. Her first design gave her a more African feel her new look is basically racially ambiguous but on steroids.
    I say all this because the great Dwayne duffie said it best. It's a white male power fantasy. I think sometimes we forget that the x-men and comics as a whole is made primarily for white straight men. I mean it's not a bad thing we write stories about ourselves for ourselves hence why black writer's if given the freedom would write about black charachters and so on and so forth. But in a franchise that was designed to represent real life minorities white straight mostly male writer's trying to be minorities it becomes sus at some point.
    Unless the demographics of the writing room in the xoffice changes things won't change we would still get lightning lass and I am too afraid to tap into my true potential storm.
    I am all for it, storm has to walk into space and do her damn thing. I mean all the basic white men in the comics are doing it why can't her. I mean starlord, venom are all gods now. And Thor gets a new divine magical girl transformation every two to three business days, why can't storm tap into her innate divinity. I think we all know why.
    I love Ewing's work on sword and how he has handled Eden, I hope if Storm ends up in sword she gets the same treatment at least. Like we do not even know what her powers truly entails of all the x-men it is often speculated that the nature of her powers are not understood truly. I mean when did weather manipulation entailed power over the very void of space, or space time rift healing, or galactic core manipulation. These things allude to something very strange and very fascinating which I want explored.
    so much truth in this one post!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-07-2021 at 12:36 AM.

May as well share here since previous posts here and the thread on main page inspired it.

Back to practice.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    May as well share here since previous posts here and the thread on main page inspired it.

Back to practice.
    don't be a stranger stranger. nice art!