Page 329 of 598 FirstFirst ... 229279319325326327328329330331332333339379429 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,935 of 8970
  1. #4921
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    365

    Default

    I always watch this guy. He gives real in depth details on the issue just like he does with all the comics he reads and I love that he shows pages from the books that way you can still see it even if you don't buy it.

  2. #4922
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Though you don't see Storm the page iceman is on we see the cyclone in the sky. That cyclone is the same cyclone we see behind Storm. Storm doesn't come down from the sky until after the mutants are teleported meaning in some capacity she was working the whole time. I mean mars must have some wind that moves along it's surface, i'm no genius but none of the mutants that had ground work to do was being affected by the raging winds, tides, etc, while making the world. Their helmets only did so much when a land rover didn't make it.


    I felt storm presence and voice throught this entire run including this issue with her being the one to welcome charles to bring the others, to Arrako building it's location to what i assume is her specifics. but if that is delivered on i don't know, not enough info. But i will say GOTG and Sword and now this makes me feel like Storm is going to get some story she deserves. If it happens it happens but i'm not going to pee on anyone else parade.
    I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. I thought that was the result of iceman using his powers .

    I also thought it wasn't until whoever came and did what they did after storm that allowed for breathable air because they mentioned they didn't need the helmets anymore after they did their work. I could be wrong. it also appears storm was manipulating the oceans too.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  3. #4923
    Astonishing Member BlkGldBlu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    2,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I always watch this guy. He gives real in depth details on the issue just like he does with all the comics he reads and I love that he shows pages from the books that way you can still see it even if you don't buy it.
    Yes he is awesome. He has much love to and respect for The Goddess That is Storm

  4. #4924
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I always watch this guy. He gives real in depth details on the issue just like he does with all the comics he reads and I love that he shows pages from the books that way you can still see it even if you don't buy it.
    going to watch when done working out. I loved his reviews of black panther so im sure this will be good
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  5. #4925
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,579

    Default

    hey can someone explain to me what storm was doing here?


    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  6. #4926
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hey can someone explain to me what storm was doing here?


    Honestly I think it was just to show her flying down to her base. I wouldn’t read more into it

  7. #4927
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Posts
    15

    Default

    One thing I am grateful for is that she did not need Hope to double her powers. Love that (even though others like Iceman were also independent but still!)

    Also! the last page claims the atmosphere and the surface temperature were still in flux, so maybe Storm will need to be around longer just to adjust the climate once in a while
    Last edited by skyking; 06-16-2021 at 08:28 PM.

  8. #4928
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    hey can someone explain to me what storm was doing here?


    Claiming her spot as regent

  9. #4929
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post
    One thing I am grateful for is that she did not need Hope to double her powers. Love that (even though others like Iceman were also independent but still!)

    Also! the last page claims the atmosphere and the surface temperature were still in flux, so maybe Storm will need to be around longer just to adjust the climate once in a while
    yea she was technically the only one who performed a planetary feat that reached the entirety of the globe. that is pretty awesome in itself.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  10. #4930
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Claiming her spot as regent
    oh gurlie lolol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, THE REGENT OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

  11. #4931
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    185

    Default

    I checked out PSX earlier wednesday and honestly as a x men story it was cool but as far as Ro goes I mean it was alright but nothing to write home about, the highlight of that book was ole dude porting that space station through his stomach now that was dope. In terms of what Ro did it was pretty predictable to be honest, like on the same level as her introducing/greeting the reincarnated x characters in HOX/POX it was cool but I'm like eh. My one take away from this though is especially after this mars thing, can at some point mutants stop being label as "an oppressed race" like i get it but at the same time mutants in the 616 MU practically almost out number regular humans and most mutants have literally have the power to change they're circumstances as a monolith to create they're own gov't and shi. The gimmick is just played out to me and only made sense to the editors who made the narrative at the time for the sake of "being relatable" and i find that mad corny, just a little gripe of mine. I'm just super sayin.

  12. #4932
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thanks boo (^_^)



    This was dope. I even liked the Lil Kim wigs at the end lol

  13. #4933
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I checked out PSX earlier wednesday and honestly as a x men story it was cool but as far as Ro goes I mean it was alright but nothing to write home about, the highlight of that book was ole dude porting that space station through his stomach now that was dope. In terms of what Ro did it was pretty predictable to be honest, like on the same level as her introducing/greeting the reincarnated x characters in HOX/POX it was cool but I'm like eh. My one take away from this though is especially after this mars thing, can at some point mutants stop being label as "an oppressed race" like i get it but at the same time mutants in the 616 MU practically almost out number regular humans and most mutants have literally have the power to change they're circumstances as a monolith to create they're own gov't and shi. The gimmick is just played out to me and only made sense to the editors who made the narrative at the time for the sake of "being relatable" and i find that mad corny, just a little gripe of mine. I'm just super sayin.
    But for all intensive purposes, mutants have been on the verge of extinction how many times? Are they oppressed any longer? No but we can see prejudice still stands against them. That resonates with me, there would be no need for Krakoa if humanity had accepted mutants but they didnt. I find it uplifting as a black transwoman but to each their own. But i see mutants still as underdogs, creating your own space is just the first step.

    Are they oppressed now that they have their own space? I think time will tell since Xavier senses every new mutant born and every newborn mutant has a place to call home when the world rejects them.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 06-16-2021 at 10:11 PM.

  14. #4934
    Incredible Member Stormultt Divine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    799

    Default

    Also..i havent given my detail thoughts but i wasnt blown away by stormd showings in planet size. I feel if they would have shown her bonding with the planet, psionically melding with the planet it would have done more FOR ME lol. I just hate shes stuck as the weather girl. Lets go deeper, writers..

  15. #4935
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    1,353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Also..i havent given my detail thoughts but i wasnt blown away by stormd showings in planet size. I feel if they would have shown her bonding with the planet, psionically melding with the planet it would have done more FOR ME lol. I just hate shes stuck as the weather girl. Lets go deeper, writers..
    More like wind girl lol. But I enjoy what you and many others have been saying. To be frank it is pretty telling that fans as a whole have more creativity than the xoffice when it comes to their charachters. But I am a rad hopeful that "big" things are install waiting until sword to find out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •