Page 337 of 772 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387437 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    I love him too he bestowed the goddess back to herself.
    what i find so funny is that Coates never said he was going to do anything with storm. he just gave her massive development out of the blue when her home office was treating her like **** but for some fans he never did enough. they whined why won't he explain her goddess powers for example. yet Hickman and crew have said they have big plans for her and haven't delivered at all yet some of these same fans praise him. its the hypocrisy for me.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-18-2021 at 01:53 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I think the regent is above commanding the sword space ship. The regent is the ruler hence all sword ships are for them. I remember the marauders 20 cover where she is looking up at the stars.
    oh yea I agree the regent would have more authority but if the regent spot went to someone else these big plans could possibly also mean protecting the new arrako.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    what i find so funny is that Coates never said he was going to do anything with storm. he just gave her massive development out of the blue when her home office was treating her like **** but for some fans he never did enough. they whined why won't he explain her goddess powers for example. yet Hickman and crew have said they have big plans for her and haven't delivered at all yet some of these same fans praise him. its the hypocrisy for me.
    Hmmm If they had imagination to hey would use this opportunity to delve deep into her divinity. As she can easily be seen as god now.

BANNED

oh yea I agree the regent would have more authority but if the regent spot went to someone else these big plans could possibly also mean protecting the new arrako.
    I guess so.... Hopefully whatever the role it's storm getting the development she deserves.

So do Storm and Isca get to be besties now?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Hmmm If they had imagination to hey would use this opportunity to delve deep into her divinity. As she can easily be seen as god now.

it would be nice but I doubt it.

I guess so.... Hopefully whatever the role it's storm getting the development she deserves.
    agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    So do Storm and Isca get to be besties now?
    it would be interesting to see them have some type of interaction but doubtful they would ever be besties lol

Interesting to read the replies to my question! Always nice seeing different perspectives.

Also, my friend pointed this out but Storm has been heading to Mars since the X-Men: Red days. It was in front of us all this time

Fantastic Member

This whole regent thing has me worried because once she gets that fancy title she might disappear from all books entirely only being name dropped as this godlike figure. And honestly I don't know if I would like that but as anyone I would wait and see.
    I still don't think it's her simply because I'm used to being disappointed lol! and the commander of the second SWORD ship seems somewhat redundant lol. But either way, I'm worried about this too and also a little worried about all of the power "displays" as well. Some characters, once they have received god like power boosts and important titles, have disappeared and become much more of a background character than before. The excuse is always that they are considered "too powerful" for stories. However, the real issue is that the production team has no creative interest or narrative investment in developing a place for that particular character. That's why I keep saying, Storm needs her own book or a book that centers around her. This would show just how serious they are about truly increasing her status and value in the MU. Coates did all he could to the point of even angering BP fans to make her important and give her a place. The Xbooks have far more agency and space to do even more. So for me, even if she becomes the Regent of Sol, is a goddess, or becomes an elemental being finally, if she has no book to anchor herself in, then she is devoid of any true defining value and will continue to just be wallpaper or a marketing label.
    Last edited by Sdawg; 06-18-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Fantastic Member

I get your frustration on this the feat is spectacular and is a homage to her power... But it still doesn't help her charachter bit hopefully things would change soon I guess.
    I already know her power is spectacular though. She's more popular than Jean and equal in popularity to Cyclops...you'd never know that reading the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    I already know her power is spectacular though. She's more popular than Jean and equal in popularity to Cyclops...you'd never know that reading the comics.
    I think she is way more popular than cyclops based upon appearances in comics alone. when you add to that merchandising such as video games, then tv appearances she more than eclipses him there.

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    Another meaningless feat. Great.

Meanwhile Cyclops and Jean get to be the co-main stars of the new flagship team. Remember when Storm was as important to the franchise as they were?
    Since when does creating an entire climate and atmosphere on an a whole different planet become "meaningless" lol

I've said it before but when I somewhat recently re-read the Claremont run (his first one) I came to the conclusion that the story of the X-men is Storm's story. Storm should have a main focus in a book. You don't have X-men without her. The new X-men team would be perfect to me if Storm was on the team (maybe replaced Polaris who I also love but come on for Storm I'd do it). Or have two teams and let Storm lead her own so she's not co-leading with Scott and Jean.

Hopefully Storm gets a major role in a book. Sword might be good but Storm needs to be in a major/flagship book imo.

Maybe she will play a big role in Inferno since it will involve characters on the Quiet Council. Though like many of you I expect she might be off doing stuff in Space, but I guess we'll see. With easy access to Krakoan gates maybe she can do both.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Since when does creating an entire climate and atmosphere on an a whole different planet become "meaningless" lol
    I don't recall using saying but did you enjoy planet size and storms role there?

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I've said it before but when I somewhat recently re-read the Claremont run (his first one) I came to the conclusion that the story of the X-men is Storm's story. Storm should have a main focus in a book. You don't have X-men without her. The new X-men team would be perfect to me if Storm was on the team (maybe replaced Polaris who I also love but come on for Storm I'd do it). Or have two teams and let Storm lead her own so she's not co-leading with Scott and Jean.

Hopefully Storm gets a major role in a book. Sword might be good but Storm needs to be in a major/flagship book imo.

Maybe she will play a big role in Inferno since it will involve characters on the Quiet Council. Though like many of you I expect she might be off doing stuff in Space, but I guess we'll see. With easy access to Krakoan gates maybe she can do both.
    yes I personally am glad cyclops and Jean are co-leading the team together without storm. I think to effectively shine they would have to take the approach similar to 90s where Scott had his own team and storm hers. I did however like the recent xmen story where the three of them worked together to save the Shiar empire. it worked nicely in that setting because there was no defined leader and they all seemed to be equal to one another. unfortunately anytime storm is a support she ends up getting the short end of the stick.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've known Storm was spectacular since I started reading X-Men comics back in 1984. She's had her great writers, her mediocre writers and her piss-poor shitty writers, just as Scott and Jean, throughout their decades history, it has never changed my opinion of her or made her any less spectacular.
    It really isn't a popularity contest.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-18-2021 at 07:18 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!