Page 349 of 772 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359399449 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 11576

Im excited for Storm x Arrakkii society, a new era truly!

NOW THIS...is progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Im excited for Storm x Arrakkii society, a new era truly!

NOW THIS...is progression.
    I'm truly hoping marvel books start focusing on the threat outside the window instead of the backyard and with that it could mean great things for all the characters but especially storm.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

wasn't one of Coartes' main plot point for her to show that Storm rejects to be royalty and a regent?

I don't understand the hype. I hope it will give Storm a plot and interesting storyline. Just making her regent of Mars does not excite me just yet.

Loved seeing Storm show off in S.W.O.R.D

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    wasn't one of Coartes' main plot point for her to show that Storm rejects to be royalty and a regent?

I don't understand the hype. I hope it will give Storm a plot and interesting storyline. Just making her regent of Mars does not excite me just yet.
    Glad i wasn't a coates fan then. lol But i do thank the man for his now bountiful gifts.

Oh my snap. So if the plan for a long time was to somehow get Storm to mars and Coates was working with the x team, could that be why the intetgalatic empire was created in the first place. pieces of the puzzle are falling into place.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

It was, hell that was one of the big reasons her and T’Challa never officially got back together.

What makes this a bit different is that as regent she’s not ruling over a people she can swat around like a fly. The Arakki are insanely chaotic and powerful mutants and they’ll be constantly challenging her station in a way that the people of Wakanda never did.

Just on that cover of SWORD #8 it looks like she’ll be fighting the two omega level Arakki mutants that helped terraform Mars. Plus she isn’t just acting as queen-goddess, she has an important diplomatic role to represent Sol. So there’s quite a bit of meat on the bones of this development for her character IF the X-office decides to explore it meaningfully.

It was. But I think part of Coate's character development with Storm was for her to embrace her Destiny as much as she kept pushing T'challa to embrace his. Like when she embraced her "godhood" and struck down the adversary, or when she made the mystical clouds disappear over alkama.
    After reading Priest's run on Black Panther, I can truly said I've learned nothing, but I remember everything!
    I'm back from the Djailia!
    Since D9 exists in the MU, T'challa is definitely an Alpha! (Don't Debate me)

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Well hello friends!!! I hope you all are well and have had a chance to read today's issue of S.W.O.R.D. Did it live up to all the hype?

Today is truly a day of celebration for me. Around three years ago, I created a petition after what I noticed what appeared to be a purposeful effort by the xoffices to ignore the development Ta-Nehisi Coates had detailed in his BP run relative to Storm.

http://chng.it/ngKLCbcV

I recall talking to Marc Guggenheim at my lcs in person at the time regarding the her development and he told me he wasn't aware of what was occurring in the BP books but that he didn't think she was an actual goddess. Added to this there were also some within the comic community, including Storm fans, who said what happened in BP was fan fiction and that if it wasn't acknowledged by the xoffices then it wasn't canon. In fact, some comic sites, particularly CBR, seemed to purposeful ignore this development. There had even been instances where moderators of sites would ban storm fans or all users of certain forums to ridicule her fans who asserted she was a goddess.

Well fast-forward to 06/23/21, some three years later an Al Ewing Finally and explicitly referred to her as being Hadari Yao. In an xbook her biggest development wasn't referenced in an ambiguous but he had herself claim the name demonstrating she has fully accepted the title and what all comes with it. I must say after all the work we storms did and all the unnecessary drama we've endured this victory is so amazing to finally experience. So with that thank you Mr. Ewing for doing what I felt early on you would do. I'm forever in your debt for shutting up all the haters who wished to diminish what Coates had worked so hard to do for Storm. It is a great day to be a storm fan!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well hello friends!!! I hope you all are well and have had a chance to read today's issue of S.W.O.R.D. Did it live up to all the hype?

Today is truly a day of celebration for me. Around three years ago, I created a petition after what I noticed what appeared to be a purposeful effort by the xoffices to ignore the development Ta-Nehisi Coates had detailed in his BP run relative to Storm.

http://chng.it/ngKLCbcV

I recall talking to Marc Guggenheim at my lcs in person at the time regarding the her development and he told me he wasn't aware of what was occurring in the BP books but that he didn't think she was an actual goddess. Added to this there were also some within the comic community, including Storm fans, who said what happened in BP was fan fiction and that if it wasn't acknowledged by the xoffices then it wasn't canon. In fact, some comic sites, particularly CBR, seemed to purposeful ignore this development. There had even been instances where moderators of sites would ban storm fans or all users of certain forums to ridicule her fans who asserted she was a goddess.

Well fast-forward to 06/23/21, some three years later an Al Ewing Finally and explicitly referred to her as being Hadari Yao. In an xbook her biggest development wasn't referenced in an ambiguous but he had herself claim the name demonstrating she has fully accepted the title and what all comes with it. I must say after all the work we storms did and all the unnecessary drama we've endured this victory is so amazing to finally experience. So with that thank you Mr. Ewing for doing what I felt early on you would do. I'm forever in your debt for shutting up all the haters who wished to diminish what Coates had worked so hard to do for Storm. It is a great day to be a storm fan!!!!

Take that lap. Bask in that glory. Feel the sun of Arrako. lol. You just know Al Ewing bout to reference the last thing Storm said to doom during Rogue Storm.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I know, i know, literally just rolled out of bed. Omw to lcbs.
    Congratulations Storm fans.

Galactic Council when it comes to terraforming a planet.

Attachment 110822

VS.

Galactic Council when Storm made her presence known.

Attachment 110823
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Take that lap. Bask in that glory. Feel the sun of Arrako. lol. You just know Al Ewing bout to reference the last thing Storm said to doom during Rogue Storm.
    Listen!!! That image and what she said highlighted so many important moments in her life.

He first has has described herself as Wind Rider (her name given to her during her time worshipped as a goddess in kenya):

Then he references arguably her biggest feat ever when she did the galatic core and then was healed by the acanti.

Then of course hadari yao. Doom bracing himself as storm makes her announcement took me back to roguestorm:

This one panel gave me everything that I've needed as an xmen fan who loves storm and it was so great to see!!!

Also I would be remissed if I didn't point out that our girl was going partially elemental too.

That was moreso Tchalla who had issue with royalty and the duty of that than Storm. That was what his "No One Man" arc explored. Also, her being the voice of the entire solar system makes her one of the most important mutants if not the most important mutant in the galaxy. I think it is very much so a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I know, i know, literally just rolled out of bed. Omw to lcbs.
    Congratulations Storm fans.
    we finally won!!!

Galactic Council when it comes to terraforming a planet.

Attachment 110822

VS.

Galactic Council when Storm made her presence known.

Attachment 110823
    storm had them shook you hear me!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Listen!!! That image and what she said highlighted so many important moments in her life.

He first has has described herself as Wind Rider (her name given to her during her time worshipped as a goddess in kenya):

Then he references arguably her biggest feat ever when she did the galatic core and then was healed by the acanti.

Then of course hadari yao. Doom bracing himself as storm makes her announcement took me back to roguestorm:

This one panel gave me everything that I've needed as an xmen fan who loves storm and it was so great to see!!!

Also I would be remissed if I didn't point out that our girl was going partially elemental too.
    Yo butteflyyyy think about what never crossed our minds. After sword today, these galatic people have finally met the fabled woman who light up the galaxy with the power of a million stars. The myth, the whispers, have become real. Damn Ewing good.

Imagine what they were thinking on the day they saw that light in space.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

This is truly the start of great news and as I keep saying as long as they keep the momentum going then I will be good. Though I still wanted the solo comic this showing was truly incredible. Keep it up Marvel don’t drop the ball

Yo butteflyyyy think about what never crossed our minds. After sword today, these galatic people have finally met the fabled woman who light up the galaxy with the power of a million stars. The myth, the whispers, have become real. Damn Ewing good.

Imagine what they were thinking on the day they saw that light in space.
    right. now that you mention it. the galatic core feat relative to the reader and storm would have been so insignificant but imagine how the populations of people who lived on the very planets she drew energy from would have reacted to witnessing a star being born even for a brief moment. Ewing definitely did that today and im just so happy. its been so long since I could say that as an xmen fan.