Page 355 of 772 FirstFirst ... 255305345351352353354355356357358359365405455 ... LastLast
Results 5,311 to 5,325 of 11576
    All-New Member FazjanVoltren48TT's Avatar

Shes the regent of Mars and the voice of Sol... eventually, queen of space.

Astonishing Member

Ok Fanboy time.

I freaking loooooved this issue definitely my favorite out pf the whole Gala. Ewing is freaking amazing and would love for him to takeover the reigns after Hickman my goddess!

I love the verbal smack down that Frenzy gave Nova it was giving "So it's true you really do think you're pretty" vibes lol

I loved Magneto and Wanda reunion glad Ewing cleared that mess up.

And last but not least STORM the Goddess herself! Like other's have said that once page was just chockful of references to important moments in Storm's life and Storm putting the nail in Doom's ego was delicious esepcially given their history with each other. Amd the Hadari Yao name drop!!!!! Literally this was a good day.

Spectacular Member

Can I just say again this has me so excited? I've just been thinking about how powerful this one page is and how it means so much for Storm's character. One thing I've been thinking about that could be explored perhaps is how the galactic core/acanti feat could potentially mean so much more and give a possible deeper reason to why Storm highlighted it. Perhaps, from the energies released in that moment, just perhaps, the makings of life emerged (like a modern day big bang) and Storm could literally be considered the "Bright Lady" in that region of space, which would make her ride with the Acanti even more legendary and perhaps grant her far more allies across the cosmos than she could have even imagined, which would be quite handy given her new role. It would create a meaningful dichotomy to the story of Phoenix, as in one moment many lives were destroyed, but in the other many lives "began".

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Can we break down Storm's words and entrance for a moment?

"Victor...you know my name."

Storm utters these words as she enters the scene. You can't see all of her, but you can bet Doom knew instantly knew her voice. Notice she doesn't call him Dr. Doom. She simply calls him by his first name. There a familiarity between the two. That's part of the reason why she can say with certainty he knows her name, and what's implied here is she knows him too - well enough to call him by his first name! We see the ellipsis (the ...). The ellipsis is used in writing to omit unnecessary words that do not interfere with the meaning. Here, there is so much that can be said, history between the two of them that can be explored, but Storm doesn't need to say it to get her point across! Her presence alone is sufficient!

"You have all heard it whispered."

Now she is addressing everyone present. They are from many far and different galaxies, but they all know who she is. She may not be the most popular person in their respective universes, but they have heard her name before. It may have been a legend told to children in a hush voice and came across as some kind of fairy tale. It may have been a story told a bars that sounded too good to be true. And while it may not have been shouted from the the mountain tops, everyone of them have heard of her before!

"It is Wind-Rider. It is she-who-swam-with-the-Acanti. It is Hadari Yao."

Now she is breaking down how they may have heard her name! Beautiful Wind-Rider is how she was first introduced to readers was in Giant Sized X-Men #1. It's her most enduring title, predating her taking he name Storm. It speaks to her power. It's a throw back and meant to connect her to the people of Earth and reminds us this is who she has always been.

The Acanti reference is definitely for the non-Earthers present. The Ancanti is a far reaching space race. Swimming with them isn't a common thing and Storm is drawing attention to the fact that she may be Earth, but she is not stranger to space. Not only has she been off-world, she done amazing things in space. She clarifying any misconceptions and possibly connecting the dots for some who didn't know, basically saying the woman you heard about who bonded with the Acanti - that's me!

Hadari Yao is said specifically for the representative for Wakanda. She is saying I am the goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things!

"I am Storm -- Regent of Mars--"

Let me pull all of this together and tell you how I am to be addressed. Those other names are great, but this is who I am and why I am here now. She didn't say Ororo - she said Storm. That's who they are dealing with now. She calls the plant Mars just in case they haven't recognize Mars as Planet Arrako just to be sure there isn't any confusion. She gave her desired name and position without hesitation or doubt, but with a flare of lightning and crack of thunder. Bow down!

"And and I am the Voice of Sol!"

And this is why I am here, Doom, to answer your question. When I speak, it is for the entire solar system - not just Mars/Arrako and not just Earth. I am the voice of Sol and I will be heard!
    beautifully said. I enjoyed reading your breakdown.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Spectacular Member

I like how Ewing mentioned the Empire of Wakanda and the rep was like "Eh thats cool but pretty smol time, nah mean"

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Can we break down Storm's words and entrance for a moment?

"Victor...you know my name."

Storm utters these words as she enters the scene. You can't see all of her, but you can bet Doom knew instantly knew her voice. Notice she doesn't call him Dr. Doom. She simply calls him by his first name. There a familiarity between the two. That's part of the reason why she can say with certainty he knows her name, and what's implied here is she knows him too - well enough to call him by his first name! We see the ellipsis (the ...). The ellipsis is used in writing to omit unnecessary words that do not interfere with the meaning. Here, there is so much that can be said, history between the two of them that can be explored, but Storm doesn't need to say it to get her point across! Her presence alone is sufficient!

"You have all heard it whispered."

Now she is addressing everyone present. They are from many far and different galaxies, but they all know who she is. She may not be the most popular person in their respective universes, but they have heard her name before. It may have been a legend told to children in a hush voice and came across as some kind of fairy tale. It may have been a story told a bars that sounded too good to be true. And while it may not have been shouted from the the mountain tops, everyone of them have heard of her before!

"It is Wind-Rider. It is she-who-swam-with-the-Acanti. It is Hadari Yao."

Now she is breaking down how they may have heard her name! Beautiful Wind-Rider is how she was first introduced to readers was in Giant Sized X-Men #1. It's her most enduring title, predating her taking he name Storm. It speaks to her power. It's a throw back and meant to connect her to the people of Earth and reminds us this is who she has always been.

The Acanti reference is definitely for the non-Earthers present. The Ancanti is a far reaching space race. Swimming with them isn't a common thing and Storm is drawing attention to the fact that she may be Earth, but she is not stranger to space. Not only has she been off-world, she done amazing things in space. She clarifying any misconceptions and possibly connecting the dots for some who didn't know, basically saying the woman you heard about who bonded with the Acanti - that's me!

Hadari Yao is said specifically for the representative for Wakanda. She is saying I am the goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things!

"I am Storm -- Regent of Mars--"

Let me pull all of this together and tell you how I am to be addressed. Those other names are great, but this is who I am and why I am here now. She didn't say Ororo - she said Storm. That's who they are dealing with now. She calls the plant Mars just in case they haven't recognize Mars as Planet Arrako just to be sure there isn't any confusion. She gave her desired name and position without hesitation or doubt, but with a flare of lightning and crack of thunder. Bow down!

"And and I am the Voice of Sol!"

And this is why I am here, Doom, to answer your question. When I speak, it is for the entire solar system - not just Mars/Arrako and not just Earth. I am the voice of Sol and I will be heard!
    This was an amazing breakdown! I did question why she decided to name drop the Acanti since I haven't heard about them since it healed her but you basically spelled it out for me.

I liked how smug and just generally jerky the galactic council was until Storm arrived to let them know whats up. Namor underestimated mutants before and now Storm has rule over an entire system. Im stoked for more!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Oooh I love this. Def sounds like being surrounded by a bunch of warmongers that you constantly have to prove yourself to is weighing on Storm and she's gonna have to "adapt" if she wants to make her new gig work. The Arrako mutants already think Earth mutants are "soft".
    yea they gone find out the hard way they are so far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Amazing and I love her outfit! One of the best i've ever seen her in. She doesn't need a cap all the time or her legs covered all the time. I love it!
    yea its gorgeous dauterman outdid himself.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    This cover and synopsis is everything.
    Ahhh she's still wearing the Gala outfit.
    yes its cute!!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I liked how smug and just generally jerky the galactic council was until Storm arrived to let them know whats up. Namor underestimated mutants before and now Storm has rule over an entire system. Im stoked for more!
    Namor could have had a seat at the table. Live and learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Namor could have had a seat at the table. Live and learn.
    Sitting on Earth throwing a tantrum in that kiddy pool of his smh

Ok Fanboy time.

I freaking loooooved this issue definitely my favorite out pf the whole Gala. Ewing is freaking amazing and would love for him to takeover the reigns after Hickman my goddess!

I love the verbal smack down that Frenzy gave Nova it was giving "So it's true you really do think you're pretty" vibes lol

I loved Magneto and Wanda reunion glad Ewing cleared that mess up.

And last but not least STORM the Goddess herself! Like other's have said that once page was just chockful of references to important moments in Storm's life and Storm putting the nail in Doom's ego was delicious esepcially given their history with each other. Amd the Hadari Yao name drop!!!!! Literally this was a good day.
    yes it was an excellent issue. Hickman knocked this out of the park for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Can I just say again this has me so excited? I've just been thinking about how powerful this one page is and how it means so much for Storm's character. One thing I've been thinking about that could be explored perhaps is how the galactic core/acanti feat could potentially mean so much more and give a possible deeper reason to why Storm highlighted it. Perhaps, from the energies released in that moment, just perhaps, the makings of life emerged (like a modern day big bang) and Storm could literally be considered the "Bright Lady" in that region of space, which would make her ride with the Acanti even more legendary and perhaps grant her far more allies across the cosmos than she could have even imagined, which would be quite handy given her new role. It would create a meaningful dichotomy to the story of Phoenix, as in one moment many lives were destroyed, but in the other many lives "began".
    it is crazy how we as fans just saw that feat as a moment and never ever dreamt it could mean so much. the idea of that huge moment bringing life to a part of that galaxy is a great one and is a nice contrast to what phoenix during that time had done. love this input you made boo.

Quote Originally Posted by FazjanVoltren48TT View Post
    Shes the regent of Mars and the voice of Sol... eventually, queen of space.

welcome to the storm thread friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I want to see more of the world's and the galaxy's reaction to this announcement. it was so extra and I love it.

Astonishing Member

Honestly I'm really trying to understand why Xavier and Magneto even want Namor on their team? What exactly does he bring to the table? He's a volatile asshat with an ego the size of Mars.

I hope he tries to step to Storm the way he's steps to Magneto in the Xavier he might just find the oxygen leeched from his body.

Honestly I'm really trying to understand why Xavier and Magneto even want Namor on their team? What exactly does he bring to the table? He's a volatile asshat with an ego the size of Mars.

I hope he tries to step to Storm the way he's steps to Magneto in the Xavier he might just find the oxygen leeched from his body.
    A guy who owns 2/3s of the Earth with lots of resources and man power for defense is a pretty good ally to have

I don't post in this thread ever but Storm had quite the showing today. She was a certified bad ass.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    A guy who owns 2/3s of the Earth with lots of resources and man power for defense is a pretty good ally to have
    I mean compared to the resources of an entire planet that now houses millions of mutants with its own massive orbiting Space Station 1, Special space metal that doubles as adamantium 2.0 and will also solve the economic crisis in the galaxy. Color me not impressed. Besides that army of his already got bodied by a bunch of Wakandans once.

Namor is officially a big fish in a small pond.