Page 369 of 772 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373379419469 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 11576
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ewing is a thousand leagues better than...whoever that is. (do not remind me of their name...I neither wish nor care to know)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I thought I burned all copies of this issues...damn digital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Ewing is a thousand leagues better than...whoever that is. (do not remind me of their name...I neither wish nor care to know)
    Lol! I apologize to you both.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    With Storm going out into space, I really hope we don't see garbage like this anymore.
    I mean I do understand why certain people think she would be powerless in space they believe she controls weather at it pertains to the atmosphere. But as we all here know she doesn't control weather as a single whole but rather a sum of its parts situation. It's annoying some writers dont do research as everywhere you look she states she controls the elemental forces of weather... And the meaning of that in the scope of the entire universe is very very vast in versatility. Like guys there is A LOT of wired weather out there. Some planets have glass falling as rain and others have diamonds, the sun has plasma and on and on an on and on. It's just crazy. In her solo we saw that certain planets have laser lightning and skeleton clouds and she could control these elements. Just as she could control water and air on earth. She can not only control all these elements as a whole but individually making her on earth at least a hydrokinetic, electrokinetic, cryokinetic, thermokinetic, aerokinetic...etc. all these are fascets of her mutant omega power over the elemental forces of the weather which is very complex and highly comprehensive.
    But of all these fun things to use we have writer's just letting her shoot lightning when she has stated that it is among the least if her arsenal. Not to talk of the writer's that state that she can only control weather as a system.

With Storm going out into space, I really hope we don't see garbage like this anymore.

Garbage is right!

I cringe every time I read those panels. I like Ewing so I'm definitely looking forward to what he will do for Storm.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

Garbage is right!

I cringe every time I read those panels. I like Ewing so I'm definitely looking forward to what he will do for Storm.
    Ugh agreed! That scene always urked the hell out of me. May he NEVER get his hands on Storm ever again. I mean 3K degree heat for someone who channels pure lightning through her body that is 50K degrees…seriously?!). I would retcon the hell put of that scene. Hell I’d retcon that entire run and his subsequent run that Doom sent a Stormbot in her place to discredit her as payback for the RogueStorm beating.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I got the impression that since the later 2000's early 2010's writer begann to more and more substitute giving her characterization with just having her do something impressive and then putting her on the backburner again to occasionaly do some "lightning lass" things, because apparently they didn't knew what to do with her as character anymore.

However i can't specifically pinpoint the exact stories i admit, so you may chalk that up as simply me having the wrong impression or being unintentionaly arrogant to great moments which didn't involve her zapping someone or doing something overly elaborate with her powers.

I'm actualy aware of that since a long time ago (since the mid 2000's). Which at the time actualy made me laugh, because i didn't expect someone would have expanded her powers to be able to manipulate "metaphorical" weather like solar wind too and then provided further explanations and expansion.

Though i didn't reject that, it just made me laugh, because it was such a cape comic thing to do.

Also while the official powers may give her a suitable role in space, the way her pop culture image works makes me think she isn't bound for it in the long run.

To put it bluntly. Superman may have adventures in space, but sooner or later he is back on Earth in Metropolis, despite actualy being an alien, because that's where his pop culture image places him. The Guardians of the Galaxy may have adventures on Earth but ultimately their pop culture image puts them back in space.
    And then there are characters like the various Green Laterns who are free to be both Earth bound or in space traveling heros depending on what their respective series at the time focues on.

Storm meanwhile, as far as i can see is an earth bound character by her pop culture image. So while you may throw her in space, eventualy she will drop back to earth, because that's where the common expectation for the character is. Because that's how she and the X-men in general were centered for decades.

Does that mean she can't become a character like Green Lantern who is expected to work equaly in both worlds? Of course she can. But i feel it's an uphill battle against her own pop culture image and it will not only take years of the comics holding her up there, but also video games, toys, cartoons and other media which a much more broader audience consumes to change her image.

The better a character is known outside the comics, the less free they are to change or be altered in completely new ways and have it stick. That's an easy to recognize pattern.

Though if someone can convince Marvel Studios to do a "Storm and the Heros of S.W.O.R.D." cartoon show (without the Krakoa status quo) and make it good and sell toys, i think that could do wonders to establish her as a space heroine too.

... Damn. Now i really would like to see such a cartoon. What would it's theme song be like?

I was refering to her fight in Uncanny X-men 325, because it was about her ripping someone's heart out. Again Callisto vs. Storm is still the more iconic moment. But the heart removale scene seems to become a pretty populat triva to bring up regarding what Storm is capable of when pushed.

Because of how over the top it sounds, especialy for a character usualy associated with elegance and heroism, even when handling knives.

1. I mean I can count on maybe one hand in the xbooks (not a solo or storm-centric book) where she had big feats or moments:

-Trion

I think that's actually it. she would typically show up do the occasional tornado or lightning barrage but nothing that would indicate she was overpowered.

2. I agree that it makes sense for Ororo to be linked to earth simply from a canonical perspective regarding her empathic bind to the planet. That said, putting her in space shouldn't or doesn't make her a fish out of water. You must keep in mind her powers very early on was described as manipulating energy patterns that result in eeather phenomenon. Energy exists in on earth in various forms as well as in space. I dont expect her ever to be a character like green lantern but put her in outer space shouldn't inhibit her abilities in any way is my only point.

3. She may be known for elegance and heroism but she was at a very dark place at that period and considering her inner turmoil it made sense:

the fact that he recognized hadari yao is already enough evidence he would never have her utter such foolishness

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

The thing is its been shown for like the last 30 [;is years that any mutant who is a high end energy manipulator is more powerful in space.. from Storm to Firestar to Polaris.. So it struck me is super odd that all of a sudden Storm couldnt do **** when its been shown time and again that mutants who manipulated high levels of energy could really cut loose with out any restrictions in space..No shade to the writer but this whole storm can do stuff in space or in hell is and was just anti black to me.. It didnt make no sense!!! Despite folks trying give so many rationalizations why it just doesn't..

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    The thing is its been shown for like the last 30 [;is years that any mutant who is a high end energy manipulator is more powerful in space.. from Storm to Firestar to Polaris.. So it struck me is super odd that all of a sudden Storm couldnt do **** when its been shown time and again that mutants who manipulated high levels of energy could really cut loose with out any restrictions in space..No shade to the writer but this whole storm can do stuff in space or in hell is and was just anti black to me.. It didnt make no sense!!! Despite folks trying give so many rationalizations why it just doesn't..
    this man told me in person he finds it hard to write her doing anything beyond wind and lightning. none of what he wrote after he told me that surprised me.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this man told me in person he finds it hard to write her doing anything beyond wind and lightning. none of what he wrote after he told me that surprised me.
    he should have enrolled in more science courses and did some research. Its not that hard and him saying he found it hard was really his anti blackness jumping out.. He just couldn't put it it words why she couldn't do more from despite having source material with a lot of damn feats from his to build from and use again..

Sigh, the reason, I have little faith in today's X-Writers.

Anyway, Storm taking out a Skrull starship.
    Attachment 111008
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 06-28-2021 at 07:26 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

So, he just happened to miss everything written by past writers when she was in space?

Attachment 111008
    I'll take who is the Female version of Vulcan for $1,000, Alex.

Attachment 111008
    that was around the time xmen gold was out but when he told me that and he had really good knowledge of her mythos I was kinda taken aback.

So, he just happened to miss everything written by past writers when she was in space?
    he said all that stuff about her manipulating energy was a retcon. I kno a mess lol

he said all that stuff about her manipulating energy was a retcon. I kno a mess lol
    Wew! Yeah, please keep him away from Storm and pretty much anyone with a power level above Black Widow. How the hell do you retcon the core of how her powers operate?

Wew! Yeah, please keep him away from Storm and pretty much anyone with a power level above Black Widow. How the hell do you retcon the core of how her powers operate?
    exactly I was so confused by it. I dont think any character powers where necessarily explained how they functioned im the giant size issue so it would make any subsequent detail regarding it a retcon based on that logic lol