Page 371 of 772 FirstFirst ... 271321361367368369370371372373374375381421471 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,565 of 11576

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Literally nothing even the nanites don't make sense storms power isn't just weather patterns they extent to the various elemental forces of the weather. So not being able to control weather patterns for dumb reasons Aaron or whatever writer cooked up. His body is chocked full of elements she can control.
    Wasn't it also Aaron who had Iceman freeze hell but had Storm be completely powerless?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Wasn't it also Aaron who had Iceman freeze hell but had Storm be completely powerless?
    yup that was him lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Hmmmm it's basically those writer's that state how they only see her being able to manipulate wind and lightning and from the way she has been portrayed in the past 10 years for the most part it shows.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yup that was him lol
    Not surprised may he never touch a property with storm ever again.

Yep. While they could all breathe and talk which means there was obviously air/gasses for her to manipulate. If it were up to me, if he wanted to show off her h2h skills that badly, I would've had Storm creating elemental weapons. Air, Ice, even lightning swords, maces, hammers etc. That was just lazy writing because he didn't care enough about her to be creative.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

So exactly how would that have stopped her from doing something painful but non-lethal like bursting his inner ear or even screwing with his nervous system?
    #iHateItHere
    writers like Aaron and Guggenheim believe she must have an atmosphere or weather for her powers to work. it was the same reason she was supposedly powerless in hell but if iceman powers worked hers should have as well:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

writers like Aaron and Guggenheim believe she must have an atmosphere or weather for her powers to work. it was the same reason she was supposedly powerless in hell but if iceman powers worked hers should have as well:

So what were they breathing in hell then?

Not surprised may he never touch a property with storm ever again.
    ever again!!! he works best with characters that fight h2h. anything above a street leveler he gone f it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Yep. While they could all breathe and talk which means there was obviously air/gasses for her to manipulate. If it were up to me, if he wanted to show off her h2h skills that badly, I would've had Storm creating elemental weapons. Air, Ice, even lightning swords, maces, hammers etc. That was just lazy writing because he didn't care enough about her to be creative.
    excellent point. they breathing, there is energy present, air present. she should have been able to use her powers

So what were they breathing in hell then?
    excellent question. iceman was able to freeze the entirety of hell.

this was a very rough period because it did seem like at that time there was a concerted effort to rercon her powers and how they worked. so happy those days are far behind us.

BANNED

ever again!!! he works best with characters that fight h2h. anything above a street leveler he gone f it up.

excellent point. they breathing, there is energy present, air present. she should have been able to use her powers
    He is sooo lazy, like there is heat there is moisture and fluids native to the environment, there are gases all things she can control and manipulate if he wanted to have her use her hand to hand skill he could simply have her state that she would take them out without the elements or better yet have her make constructs with the elements as a user said to beat up the demons.

He is sooo lazy, like there is heat there is moisture and fluids native to the environment, there are gases all things she can control and manipulate if he wanted to have her use her hand to hand skill he could simply have her state that she would take them out without the elements or better yet have her make constructs with the elements as a user said to beat up the demons.
    absolutely. I think he wanted to show hammer bad ass she is but there are ways you can do this without nerfing the character. it was ridiculous honestly and it demonstrated he didn't have any clue on writing the character.

BANNED

this was a very rough period because it did seem like at that time there was a concerted effort to rercon her powers and how they worked. so happy those days are far behind us.
    Oh definitely I trust Ewing with her, he does his research and is the perfect person to expand and elaborate on her powers especially in a cosmic setting.

Oh definitely I trust Ewing with her, he does his research and is the perfect person to expand and elaborate on her powers especially in a cosmic setting.
    yes!!!! I knew when I read issue 3 of sword that Ewing wouldn't let us storm fans down. the fact that he referenced Coates bp for eden when he was in space and killed a lot of people made me hopeful if storm appeared there he would do the same for her. and must I say he delivered boo!!! he definitely did his research and he did do the shady stuff that guggenheim did making stories purposeful to be the polar opposite of what was being depicted in black panther.

for instance in BP book he was wiring this:

Guggenheim alternatively had her randomly kissing gambit:

It was random ad and he it was not followup. he then even had him marry rogue. it was clear it was done solely to troll Coates.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-29-2021 at 11:45 AM.

then of course you had Coates explaining that storm was a goddess in black panther and to be a god required the faith of worshippers which all aligned to marvel history in the regard:

it was clear he was waiting his stories in xmen to contradict Coates and I never understood why a writer would go through such an effort unless he was insecure in some of how his work was received.

Astonishing Member

Like that time people were complaining to Guggenheim for constantly writing Storm abysmally then said she was gonna have a "big moment" in Gold and it just boiled down to het getting Thor's hammer or some ish to throw lightning -_-. Was that during Coates BP run as well?

EDIT: EXACTLY MY POINT LMFAO