Page 372 of 772 FirstFirst ... 272322362368369370371372373374375376382422472 ... LastLast
Results 5,566 to 5,580 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Like that time people were complaining to Guggenheim for constantly writing Storm abysmally then said she was gonna have a "big moment" in Gold and it just boiled down to het getting Thor's hammer or some ish to throw lightning -_-. Was that during Coates BP run as well?

EDIT: EXACTLY MY POINT LMFAO
    yes it was absolutely during Coates run. I recall him saying storm was going to have an awesome issue her fans would love and in the issue she took a nap and needed Wolverine to make lightning. it was a hot mess.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Oh definitely I trust Ewing with her, he does his research and is the perfect person to expand and elaborate on her powers especially in a cosmic setting.
    All I'm saying is, Ewing is a sciency kinda guy and had Monica out here dropping body temperatures to absolute zero. I'm excited.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    All I'm saying is, Ewing is a sciency kinda guy and had Monica out here dropping body temperatures to absolute zero. I'm excited.
    he did what when??? how she do that??

Astonishing Member

Man you just made me make up my mind. I'm going back and finishing his Ultimates run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes!!!! I knew when I read issue 3 of sword that Ewing wouldn't let us storm fans down. the fact that he referenced Coates bp for eden when he was in space and killed a lot of people made me hopeful if storm appeared there he would do the same for her. and must I say he delivered boo!!! he definitely did his research and he did do the shady stuff that guggenheim did making stories purposeful to be the polar opposite of what was being depicted in black panther.

for instance in BP book he was wiring this:

Guggenheim alternatively had her randomly kissing gambit:

It was random ad and he it was not followup. he then even had him marry rogue. it was clear it was done solely to troll Coates.
    Well from the looks of it all his work would come to naught as Ewing just acknowledged the hadari yao and the acanti. It's very beautiful knowing where we are headed and where we came from to get here.

Well from the looks of it all his work would come to naught as Ewing just acknowledged the hadari yao and the acanti. It's very beautiful knowing where we are headed and where we came from to get here.
    yes! he did all that work to undermine Coates and they still have his roses by ignoring the mess Guggenheim was writing and reaffirming Coates. I honestly didn't know if the xoffices would ever do it but I'm so happy they finally did. there were many who liker to come here and call Coates work fanfiction because the xoffices had not acknowledged his work.

BANNED

Exactly! To write storms powers well you not only have to be imaginative but know some science. Because most of the things I state storm should be able to do is science. You get the science and then use a little imagination then you get magic! It's very positive and I believe we might see some great things from storm over these next few years in Ewing's hands hopefully.

Astonishing Member

Attachment 111014

4 PoC and all badasses.

BANNED

yes! he did all that work to undermine Coates and they still have his roses by ignoring the mess Guggenheim was writing and reaffirming Coates. I honestly didn't know if the xoffices would ever do it but I'm so happy they finally did. there were many who liker to come here and call Coates work fanfiction because the xoffices had not acknowledged his work.
    To be frank I still doubt the xoffice as a whole but Ewing I trust, he is very good he was the one that established Monica and Adam as the true powerhouses that they are. He elaborated on their powers very well in grounded yet fantastical ways. He is a true wizard when it comes to cosmic stuff.... Yesterday comics explained stated that storms power over the cosmic elements though there and present have not been consistently fleshed out and that he believes Ewing would really set new limits and boundaries expanding on her current powersets and placing them firmly in the realm of cosmic. I honestly can't wait cosmic storms and forces that she would be able to control. And she is the regent of an entire solar system and a representative for the power and will of mutants throughout the entire universe so she must have very high level showings in order for others to know not to fuck with her or her people. To be frank tho was what we wanted all along she had become too big for the xmen and earth since claremonts first xmen run ended. Hence why most writer's not knowing what to do with her. She only worked when she was the leader, goddess or in her own solo. Now she is in sword which is an xbook far removed from the rest and earthly shenanigans. She can finally streatch plus I want her after knocking some sense into the arakki to build an actual relationship with them I believe they as a whole and their strength of will can grant her the faith necessary to access her divine strength.

Exactly! To write storms powers well you not only have to be imaginative but know some science. Because most of the things I state storm should be able to do is science. You get the science and then use a little imagination then you get magic! It's very positive and I believe we might see some great things from storm over these next few years in Ewing's hands hopefully.
    yes you are right! I think people see her name and take that as what her powers are: storm. yea.... no that is NOT correct. as you've mentioned and explained before there is so much she can and should be doing with her powers.

BANNED

Attachment 111014

4 PoC and all badasses.
    Exactly he knows how to write poc charachters excellently without it feeling like cheap pandering. He is just that good.

Attachment 111014

4 PoC and all badasses.
    I love it boo!!

To be frank I still doubt the xoffice as a whole but Ewing I trust, he is very good he was the one that established Monica and Adam as the true powerhouses that they are. He elaborated on their powers very well in grounded yet fantastical ways. He is a true wizard when it comes to cosmic stuff.... Yesterday comics explained stated that storms power over the cosmic elements though there and present have not been consistently fleshed out and that he believes Ewing would really set new limits and boundaries expanding on her current powersets and placing them firmly in the realm of cosmic. I honestly can't wait cosmic storms and forces that she would be able to control. And she is the regent of an entire solar system and a representative for the power and will of mutants throughout the entire universe so she must have very high level showings in order for others to know not to fuck with her or her people. To be frank tho was what we wanted all along she had become too big for the xmen and earth since claremonts first xmen run ended. Hence why most writer's not knowing what to do with her. She only worked when she was the leader, goddess or in her own solo. Now she is in sword which is an xbook far removed from the rest and earthly shenanigans. She can finally streatch plus I want her after knocking some sense into the arakki to build an actual relationship with them I believe they as a whole and their strength of will can grant her the faith necessary to access her divine strength.
    reading your post really has me excited for what is to come for storm!!! very much so. ororo is about to go places her fans and haters alike never thought was possible.

BANNED

yes you are right! I think people see her name and take that as what her powers are: storm. yea.... no that is NOT correct. as you've mentioned and explained before there is so much she can and should be doing with her powers.
    I mean her skrull version had such power over radiation directly that it could pull specific wavelengths of radiation to hurt a superman level charachter soo much so he had to run underground to escape. That is control, that is precision she even states that she has power that he gladiator cannot even fathom. Meaning she is very much aware of just how vastly versatile her powers really are. This same energy is what I want brought into the sword books I I believe Ewing would deliver.

I mean her skrull version had such power over radiation directly that it could pull specific wavelengths of radiation to hurt a superman level charachter soo much so he had to run underground to escape. That is control, that is precision she even states that she has power that he gladiator cannot even fathom. Meaning she is very much aware of just how vastly versatile her powers really are. This same energy is what I want brought into the sword books I I believe Ewing would deliver.
    I've been waiting for so long to see her pull that trick out the skrull used against gladiator from the real storm. how the skrull can be more creative than her when using her powers beats me (beyond the oblivious culprit being the writers). I believe Ewing is definitely going to deliver too. we as fans are in good hands!!!