Page 378 of 772 FirstFirst ... 278328368374375376377378379380381382388428478 ... LastLast
Results 5,656 to 5,670 of 11576
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    I'm sorry but maybe it's just me, but why does she look like Joseline Hernandez in the first and last photo to me lol. Either way I like all the looks here.
    she lacks a bit of melanin which makes me a bit concerned for the mcu version. I hope they don't whitewash her in the movie but yea I can see jostling. at times she looks Rihanna to me too
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I always thought that's what she was doing. Maybe she wanted to keep her distance though since he did break her ankle with a simple squeeze?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Is that what's happening here? Just asking because for me she's just bodyslamming him with wind. I would like to see her make physical contact and let the wind increase the impact of force so to speak if that makes sense.
    I actually csn see both of these as explanations for what she did.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she lacks a bit of melanin which makes me a bit concerned for the mcu version. I hope they don't whitewash her in the movie but yea I can see jostling. at times she looks Rihanna to me too
    That was one of the first things I thought when I saw those pics. She looks amazing but I’d prefer quite a bit more melanin. I don’t get Nilotic Kenyan from that design.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That was one of the first things I thought when I saw those pics. She looks amazing but I’d prefer quite a bit more melanin. I don’t get Nilotic Kenyan from that design.
    its clear these developers have something against dark skin. its very annoying it seems every time a game drops with her this is just a given to be an issue.

the voice actress isn't good either.

Astonishing Member

its clear these developers have something against dark skin. its very annoying it seems every time a game drops with her this is just a given to be an issue.

the voice actress isn't good either.
    I wouldn’t say they have something against dark skin, it’s just light skin is put on a pedestal and Storm unfortunately has a long and consistent history of being depicted as racially ambiguous to outright white passing in the comics.

If she were made in the 2010’s she’d be depicted much more authentically but in gaming, where dark skin in general is pushed aside in favor of lighter shades, this is gonna be a consistent issue. I expect a lot of it to go away when the MCU inevitably casts a dark skin actress that will be the inspiration for all future adaptations in multimedia.

I wouldn’t say they have something against dark skin, it’s just light skin is put on a pedestal and Storm unfortunately has a long and consistent history of being depicted as racially ambiguous to outright white passing in the comics.

If she were made in the 2010’s she’d be depicted much more authentically but in gaming, where dark skin in general is pushed aside in favor of lighter shades, this is gonna be a consistent issue. I expect a lot of it to go away when the MCU inevitably casts a dark skin actress that will be the inspiration for all future adaptations in multimedia.
    you don't have to say it love, the evidence is in how they choose to design her. if developers place a lighter skin tone on a pedestal what seems to be all the time what message does it convey about darker skin? look at the villain she fought on the raft. the developers didn't have issue showing the prisoners in darker hues. l just a thought.

truthfully lighter skin has been pushed or highlighted across different formats. gaming, comics, movies, television, etc. a woman did a ted talks on how the nwa movie casted black girls and lighter women were considered A-level while the darker girls were way lower on the grading scale. Its a thing that still persists unfortunately and I don't think its going to change anytime soon.

just some recent topics on the matter that reached newsworthy status but this certainly doesn't escape the innumerable conversations I've seen had on how she is generally depicted lighter by artists and design companies:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-future-fi...hing-backlash/

https://www.racked.com/2018/7/10/175...pp-halle-berry

Astonishing Member

you don't have to say it love, the evidence is in how they choose to design her. if developers place a lighter skin tone on a pedestal what seems to be all the time what message does it convey about darker skin? look at the villain she fought on the raft. the developers didn't have issue showing the prisoners in darker hues. l just a thought.

truthfully lighter skin has been pushed or highlighted across different formats. gaming, comics, movies, television, etc. a woman did a ted talks on how the nwa movie casted black girls and lighter women were considered A-level while the darker girls were way lower on the grading scale. Its a thing that still persists unfortunately and I don't think its going to change anytime soon.
    That’s a good point, I guess a better way to put it is that these developers and other creators don’t actively hate darker skin, they just have an unconscious bias towards lighter shades which has been socially conditioned in Western culture for generations. It’s a shame and a cultural attitude that’s slightly improving as black women embrace their natural features and pop culture at large becomes more comfortable positioning them as leads and objects of beauty.

I definitely think Disney’s aware of that more recent shift and that they’ll cast a darker skinned actress to play Storm. They proved that with the Black Panther movie and the casting of Monica Rambeau. Hopefully with some healthy MCU synergy Storm’s actress can become the template for future depictions of the character in gaming and the comics. But it sucks that it’s gonna take corporate synergy to address the whitewashing of Marvel’s most iconic black female character.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Kevin is about eight days late with that article.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That’s a good point, I guess a better way to put it is that these developers and other creators don’t actively hate darker skin, they just have an unconscious bias towards lighter shades which has been socially conditioned in Western culture for generations. It’s a shame and a cultural attitude that’s slightly improving as black women embrace their natural features and pop culture at large becomes more comfortable positioning them as leads and objects of beauty.

I definitely think Disney’s aware of that more recent shift and that they’ll cast a darker skinned actress to play Storm. They proved that with the Black Panther movie and the casting of Monica Rambeau. Hopefully with some healthy MCU synergy Storm’s actress can become the template for future depictions of the character in gaming and the comics. But it sucks that it’s gonna take corporate synergy to address the whitewashing of Marvel’s most iconic black female character.

perhaps they do have an unconscious bias that's fair. I just am a bit over giving people the benefit of the doubt considering it has been a reoccurring issue.

and I agree with your last point. I'm hopeful with the reception of both bp and Monica that will cast a darker skinned woman.

SCREAMING!!! She's still in her Gala outfit. Gala outfits the new Uniform. SCREAMING!!!!

-oh and doom,

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    SCREAMING!!! She's still in her Gala. Gala is the new Uniform. SCREAMING!!!!

-oh and doom,
    lololol its night after the gala I domt thnk she had a moment to change yet.

can't wait to see what they are discussing!!

They are on mars, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee………………….I screamed like a a little girl and upset my dog in the process
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”